Christian Forums....Why did you join?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are daily falling into either the one or the other of the two great ditches that flank the Path of the Just - License and Legalism. License, in which most fall, says continuing in sin with no intention of repentance won't keep me out of heaven. Legalism says my good works can earn my way in. Popular errors regarding end times prophecy, spiritualism, Christian obligation, OSAS, etc., all work to turn the minds and hearts away from the truth -- and if "the truth shall make you free", then satanic lies about the truth enslave.

The church is fighting a battle that intensifies with every second as the return of Jesus draws nearer and Satan's time grows shorter...true rest and fellowship does not drive us from the battlefield, but comforts us in the midst of it. Alas, most want to be called "Christian soldiers" but have gone AWOL in search of "peace" instead of remaining under the trustworthy command of the Captain of the Army of the Lord.
We are a work in progress and these forums definitely tests us in Truth....some things I have been taught growing up I have come to learn were wrong....others right....but I am mostly thankful to be able to discern which is which.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm here for fellowship and I'm here to learn. It's a little hard to learn here sometimes because some of the positions are argued very well despite the fact that they may even contradict each other at sometimes. I have faith that I will be able to discern the truth when it comes present. I wish I could participate more, but my own inability stop me.
Just keep coming back and find members who you know you can trust to speak truth and wisdom....@amadeus is a really good teacher here.....and there are many others but he was one of the first ones I met here and came to trust.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gandalf-Meme.png
Hahahahaa!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are a work in progress and these forums definitely tests us in Truth....some things I have been taught growing up I have come to learn were wrong....others right....but I am mostly thankful to be able to discern which is which.

Me too, I came from a Mormon background and became mostly Catholic now (still learning). But a lot of doctrine was wrong for me, and learned from being on forums like this one. Even the Mormon doctrine turned out to be wrong in its own system (when you're Mormon they use members to teach and are often wrong). Being Catholic I know they're going to stick with basic orthodox teachings. I like eastern orthodox too.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Heart2Soul I wonder why some many ppl are given the banning treatment? :rolleyes:
It happens after receiving 3 warnings. Strike 3 you're out.....but the length of time can be altered....a day, a week, a month.
Permanent bans comes from those in administrative positions...Angelina and lforrest.

Reactions: Helen

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which implies that either (1) all Christians are bigoted or (2) none have seen the light. Which is a rather bigoted opinion.
You omitted the remainder of what I had posted which clearly precludes either of your two implications.
From what I posted the more relevant implications would be that some Christians are bigoted in what they say, and that others may well have seen a degree of light (albeit that none can have seen 'absolute truth' because of the effect of the darkened glass which pervades the view of all prior to seeing Christ face to face).
If that is a 'bigoted opinion then 'yes', I raise my hand.
Here is what I said in full:-
"the light' that, IMO, can never be more than a distorted view of things that can only be seen "as through a glass darkly until we see Christ face to face and finally know even as we are known".
Blimey, I had even added the anti bigoted rarity of 'IMO'

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how it works in other forums.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that if a member want to close their account the only way it can be done is for them to ask, in which case the software only facilitates the closure by means of a 'ban'.
I guess this is because, when the site last changed hands, it was acquired on the basis of its income generation which is dependant on the size of its membership as well as on the volume of activity.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that if a member want to close their account the only way it can be done is for them to ask, in which case the software only facilitates the closure by means of a 'ban'.
I guess this is because, when the site last changed hands, it was acquired on the basis of its income generation which is dependant on the size of its membership as well as on the volume of activity.
You know more than I do! Lol....

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For many years I had been compiling, modifying, and updating, a journal comprised of my discoveries during my search for "What might have happened to the Faith first delivered to the saints".
When I felt that it was near to completion I published it (and still have a few copies).
I then enthusiastically joined my first forum thinking that I would post bits and pieces and use responses as a sort of 'sounding board' to either confirm or correct what I had been compiling.
The signature line that I accordingly adopted was "I say what I think I know in order to help me know what I ought to think" (Rita and Helen may remember).
But 'Forum' soon turned into a compulsive obsession which, over the course of time, I have gradually learned to abhor because of the bigoted opinions of those who clearly think that they have 'seen the light' that, IMO, can never be more than a distorted view of things that can only be seen "as through a glass darkly until we see Christ face to face and finally know even as we are known".
I have now, well and truly expunged both the obsession and the enthusiasm.
I understand mike. joined my first Christian forum a few months ago...I’d never seen one before, so was over the moon I’d found it. The novelty soon wore off.
I joined this forum as a last ditch attempt-but the hope of fellowship had long gone with the forum I left. There were some Christians on there, but they were drowned out by the know-all’s. :(

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I joined Christian forums to learn about other people's views and theology. Later on I used boards for feedback on arguments I was presenting in seminary. Now it is for fellowship and to better understand other people.

I think conflict comes when people cannot express or defend their views or when the other person does not, will not, or can not understand the opposing views. We all hold our views as precious.

Another issue is pride. I had been falsely accused in the past. But instead of shrugging this off (it was probably just a misunderstanding.... I can't even remember the reason) I took offense. This was pride on my part, and it was sin because I responded by insulting the man and this continued for a long time.

We like to look at the sins of other people, but what we should examine is the sin in our own lives.