Christian Superstition

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@amadeus How wonderful to hear that she is doing much better....sadly feeling the cold within the metal can be rather painful ( I had a friend who had his whole face rebuilt and he hurt so bad that winter )...sounds like staying indoors may be the best remedy for now, and just rugging up really well when going out......Will keep her in my prayers...thank you for your easy to understand reply.
Was it all in her spine that they put the metal in ?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus How wonderful to hear that she is doing much better....sadly feeling the cold within the metal can be rather painful ( I had a friend who had his whole face rebuilt and he hurt so bad that winter )...sounds like staying indoors may be the best remedy for now, and just rugging up really well when going out......Will keep her in my prayers...thank you for your easy to understand reply.
Was it all in her spine that they put the metal in ?
They put metal rods in her back to reinforce the damaged [from arthritis] places in her back along with screws to hold them in place. She also have a piece of metal in one her knees from a previously surgery. For that one they removed a piece of bone from her hip to reinforce the knee. She says the hip causes her more discomfort than the knee. Now the rods in her back are good... except for the sensitivity to cold.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow, that is quite a lot of very invasive, albeit necessary work.......I can identify with her hip hurting more than the knee ( they took a piece from my hip to fuse my spine ), but it will settle in time....It will be a most wonderful day when you can tell us, that she is all better....It is always difficult seeing a loved one suffering and it sounds like it has been a bit of a marathon for you both.....I sure do hope that 2018 will be a much nicer year for you :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there.....I have often wondered why Christians talk of the Honeymoon period with Christ, since the Wedding has not taken place yet...as yet we are betrothed not yet married....Do you have something to add here that I may understand what you mean ?

I do not know. I used the imagery to communicate my experience as a Protestant, which often included invitations by ministers to start my relationship with Jesus all over again - as if, the longer the relationship the more likely it may get stale or go bad......there was always a revival necessary in order to recommit my life to Jesus. i attended a conservative, Protestant Christian primary school and i remember being lead in prayer by my first grade teacher to accept Jesus inot my heart everyday after lunch. I just figured Jesus was some old deaf guy that had a bad memory. The trend continue as I got older - revival rallies, altercalls, etc - I compare it to a similar desire propogated by the media and Holllywood to recapture the exciting ‘honeymoon’ feelings that naturally wane in all lasting relationships.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps he has considered the danger of following men:

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:14
ALL Protestants follow the traditions and precepts of mere men.
Every single one.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a catholic, only the priests drank wine. I understand that now others are allowed to partake as well. That is not a change?
Change to the Eucharist??
Nope

First of all - the priest doesn't drink "wine" during communion but the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ.
As for the accidents of bread of wine - the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ is present in BOTH species.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attacking @pia who shows here nothing but the love of God is something you should never do. She said nothing to cause you to attack no matter what you believe.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matt 18:6
Nobody "attacked" her.
She made a comment and I held her accountable for it.

BIG difference.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One definition: a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation (if I say or do this rightly, then such and such must happen).

Examples:
1. Belief that the Eucharist (bread and wine of Communion) is your God (the physical object is worshipped).

2. Statements like: You've nullified faith (for a healing, etc.) if you say 'Thy will be done' or 'if it be Thy will' or 'according to Thy will'.
Hi TT,

I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to say in your example #1 so please walk me thru it.

Are you saying that there are some Christians who believe that the bread and wine of Communion is a physical God?

Thank you in advance....Mary

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Change to the Eucharist??
Nope

First of all - the priest doesn't drink "wine" during communion but the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ.
As for the accidents of bread of wine - the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ is present in BOTH species.
Are you saying that the priest drinks the actual blood of Jesus? Do you mean that literally? Because the scriptures tell us to abstain from blood, period. We are certainly not to drink blood.
Lev. 17:10 And any man from the house of Israel, or from the aliens who sojourn among them, who eats any blood, I will set My face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from among his people.
Deut. 12:17 "Only you shall not eat the blood; you are to pour it out on the ground like water.
Acts 15:29 Abstain from what is sacrificed, from blood, from what is strangled, and from fornication, for when you keep yourselves from these things, you will be well. Be faithful in Our Lord."

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that the priest drinks the actual blood of Jesus? Do you mean that literally? Because the scriptures tell us to abstain from blood, period. We are certainly not to drink blood.
Lev. 17:10 And any man from the house of Israel, or from the aliens who sojourn among them, who eats any blood, I will set My face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from among his people.
Deut. 12:17 "Only you shall not eat the blood; you are to pour it out on the ground like water.
Acts 15:29 Abstain from what is sacrificed, from blood, from what is strangled, and from fornication, for when you keep yourselves from these things, you will be well. Be faithful in Our Lord."
WHY do these passages forbid the consuming of blood?
Because it contains the LIFE of the animal.

Jesus states emphatically that unless WE eat His flesh and drink His blood - we have NO LIFE within us.
He is the ONLY one whose blood gives us life. HIS blood profits us everything.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they all forgot their first love too, i guess

so fwiw, right now my eating and drinking seems to be focussing on "forgiveness," has for the last few months, before that it was "creating," for me, and i guess next year it will be something else
And therein lies the tragedy of moral relativism . . .

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY do these passages forbid the consuming of blood?
Because it contains the LIFE of the animal.

Jesus states emphatically that unless WE eat His flesh and drink His blood - we have NO LIFE within us.
He is the ONLY one whose blood gives us life. HIS blood profits us everything.
Split hairs all you want to. Blood is blood.
So we have to literally drink Jesus' blood and literally eat his body to have life? Well, I'm not into drinking blood and eating body parts.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Split hairs all you want to. Blood is blood.
So we have to literally drink Jesus' blood and literally eat his body to have life? Well, I'm not into drinking blood and eating body parts.
That's unfortunate for YOU.
God doesn't approve of disobedience.

Anyway - if you believe that the blood of Christ is no better than the blood of an animal - good luck telling HIM that when you are judged . . .

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's unfortunate for YOU.
God doesn't approve of disobedience.

Anyway - if you believe that the blood of Christ is no better than the blood of an animal - good luck telling HIM that when you are judged . . .
I said no such thing. I said it is wrong to drink the blood of an animal and it is wrong to drink the blood of another person. It is wrong to drink blood period.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said no such thing. I said it is wrong to drink the blood of an animal and it is wrong to drink the blood of another person. It is wrong to drink blood period.
It IS wrong to consume the blood of an animal, according to Law.
Jesus is NOT an animal, however. He is fully Man and fully God.

The life is in the blood - and there is ONE person whose blood saves us.
This is why Jesus told the crowd in John 6 that they MUST eat His flesh and drink His blood or they would have NO LIFE in them.