Christian Superstition

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
A ritual is the echo of an event worth repeating. One of the reasons i joined the Catholic Church was because i found the Mass more meaningful / sacred than Protestant Church services. Ritual for me is one method of practicing loving God because my whole heart is involved. As a Protestant, i was constantly being prodded to start my relationship with Jesus over again - as if the honeymoon feeling needed to be perpetuated throughout the marriage. Human relationships do not work this way - in fact, marriages that try to remain in this stage usually end quickly.

Also, when you talk to people who have been to Mass in body only, you may hear about how empty it felt to to them; however, their experience is totally on them. Students of all ages will report similar feelings about school.
awesome :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You have talked about people speaking as Oracles - i am assuming that you mean paternally or in a somewhat narrowminded and slightly condescending manner. Stating that somehow rituals like the Mass are less than full experiences seems to qualify.
well i see plenty of graceful ppl in institutional churches, even if the omentum is on my side right now, yes. imo our churches will be the better for the diaspora, many great ministries coming out of it already. And new believers being born every day too, so i don't deny that rituals have a place.

But could i quote you a v stating that rituals are not the full experience? :)
Simply adding ‘I guess’ to the end of a post does not take away the oracle affect.
ya, but i guess if i couldn't make that quote that would change in a hurry lol. What do you recommend here, i even made a thread on Oracle, and i strenuously suggest at least once a month that i be paid no attention bc i don't know lol
i'm surprised every morning when i sign in tbh narf
(can i pull off a triple misdirection? lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and aspen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Simply adding ‘I guess’ to the end of a post does not take away the oracle affect.
no, really, a post to this effect in the Oracle thread would be great, if you have an observation about oracle that our peers here could relate to, bc oracles should be exposed imo, something about seeking an oracle is bad, whereas oracles from God are different. i guess?

sry, couldn't help it lol

but ya, however it comes out is fine

Reactions: aspen and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As for the fact that you don't believe that Jesus is God
and fwiw i believe that Christ is an expression of God, not that you merit a reply here;
just not the same way you might, Christ is not to be worshipped, but followed, and etc
a crucifix is satanic bro, sorry, but there is no nicer way to say it

Last edited:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and fwiw i believe that Christ is an expression of God, not that you merit a reply here;
just not the same way you might, Christ is not to be worshipped, but followed, and etc

Christ is to be worshipped, and followed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Christ is to be worshipped, and followed.
well, define "worship" there, i guess. And i guess quoting a v for your assertion wouldn't hurt, better to reveal from Scripture imo. Where your argument is going to fall apart, wadr. Bow down to Jesus all you like, it will not avail you when you need it. Many will cry "Lord, Lord" would be them imo.

Last edited:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, define "worship" there, i guess. And i guess quoting a v for your assertion wouldn't hurt, better to reveal from Scripture imo. Where your argument is going to fall apart, wadr. Bow down to Jesus all you like, it will not avail you when you need it. Many will cry "Lord, Lord" would be them imo.

You define worship if you want to.
You can look up verses quicker than I can, I think.
But, Christ is God and is to be worshipped in truth and Spirit, and a few N.T. people worshipped Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You define worship if you want to.
You can look up verses quicker than I can, I think.
But, Christ is God and is to be worshipped in truth and Spirit, and a few N.T. people worshipped Jesus.
ya, so how bout we just go back to "Jesus is not to be worshipped, that is a bunch of Catholic yack, and you should be following Christ like Scripture tells you, at least until further notice."

it's a Catholic infection up in here now, yikes.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's your M.O. here.
You make all sorts of ludicrous statements here - but when you are asked to explain - you can't.

First of all - we're not even talking about a crucifix - but, what the heck.
Explain how a crucifix is "Satanic".

Secondly - explain how Jesus is NOT God, when Scripture explicitly and Implicitly says that He IS God.
Rev. 1:17 explicitly states that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega.
Rev. 22:13 explicitly states that GOD is the Alpha and the Omega.

There can't be TWO Alphas or Omegas - and God does NOT lie.
Checkmate . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i don't give a more definitive answer, see, bc i don't want to...be quoted as having given an answer at all! lol
my understanding is pretty much what i have stated, BoL, i mean, you already have a definition of what the cliche` "eating and drinking _____" means, it is just a parable too, right, and parables are generated for a reason, the same reason anything you say can be taken two ways, the same reason you cannot state an absolute truth. and neither can i, sorry, but you are asking me to build a tower too, i guess.

There is nothing wrong with the understanding you have right now.
Now, write it down, in detail, and then come back to it in ten years, twenty years, or for that matter go back ten or twenty years, and review, right, i mean it hasn't remained static almost surely, somewhere in there you learned Pascal Meal, and yadayada it evolved; or it didn't evolve, whatever, that is an answer too
Wrong.

It is the same since the Last supper - and hasn't changed since. Certainly not during MY lifetime.
The elements of bread and wine have been used from the beginning because that's the way it was instituted by Christ himself.

Now, if you're not willing to discuss your interpretation of these passages - it is because you don't have a case.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Wrong.

It is the same since the Last supper - and hasn't changed since. Certainly not during MY lifetime.
The elements of bread and wine have been used from the beginning because that's the way it was instituted by Christ himself.

Now, if you're not willing to discuss your interpretation of these passages - it is because you don't have a case.
i'm just not interested in discussing them with you, bc you do not have discussions, BoL, but you might pursue the meaning of all the Scripture that you currently refuse to contemplate, if you would ever like to come to a saving understanding of Christ

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm just not interested in discussing them with you, bc you do not have discussions, BoL, but you might pursue the meaning of all the Scripture that you currently refuse to contemplate, if you would ever like to come to a saving understanding of Christ
Translation:
"I don't have ANY way to substantiate my claims other than pure opinion."

That's what I thought . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ha well that was patently obvious before, so what has changed?
i'm just glad you pay good money to come and post the obvious bad directions for us,
and of course it tickles me that your ministry involves money, too :)
have a nice day BoL

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe that "accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior" and being obedient by following His commands is NOT something we do - then you have invented a different Gospel than that of Christ.
Attacking @pia who shows here nothing but the love of God is something you should never do. She said nothing to cause you to attack no matter what you believe.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matt 18:6

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

When I was a catholic, only the priests drank wine. I understand that now others are allowed to partake as well. That is not a change?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo, how do YOU interpret John 6:53-56?
And why do you interpret it this way?
Perhaps he has considered the danger of following men:

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:14

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@amadeus Thank you once again...It is extremely encouraging to see here, that there are some,like you, who seem to understand that when Jesus said :' A new commandment I give unto you...that you love one another as I have loved you." He actually did mean it and He did not attach a bunch of burdens of observance on top of it.
I do wonder why some people take it upon themselves to 'fix' what they think in their own minds is broken and utterly ignore His command to Love and to draw near to Him.
I didn't know that it used to be only the priest drinking the wine...do you know why they did that ? Isn't that also opposite to what Jesus is quoted as telling us to do with the breaking of the bread and sharing the wine ? Can't quite understand where they got that observance from ?
How is your dear wife ?...Last time you wrote, she was getting a bit stronger and minus the back brace, which must have been quite a relief for her ....I sincerely hope (expect) that she will get to be the best she can, in the arms of our loving Lord....Please give her my love.
Much joy and peace to you both.......Pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As a Protestant, i was constantly being prodded to start my relationship with Jesus over again - as if the honeymoon feeling needed to be perpetuated throughout the
Hi there.....I have often wondered why Christians talk of the Honeymoon period with Christ, since the Wedding has not taken place yet...as yet we are betrothed not yet married....Do you have something to add here that I may understand what you mean ?

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus Thank you once again...It is extremely encouraging to see here, that there are some,like you, who seem to understand that when Jesus said :' A new commandment I give unto you...that you love one another as I have loved you." He actually did mean it and He did not attach a bunch of burdens of observance on top of it.
Give God the glory sister. I keep on striving and surrendering. Then sometimes He adds to me.

I do wonder why some people take it upon themselves to 'fix' what they think in their own minds is broken and utterly ignore His command to Love and to draw near to Him.
Some believe that they really have it, when actually, as I see it, they really have not got a clue. I understand why some press so hard to fix it, although few, if any, of them listen to me.

Also people get into the delusion Paul mentions in II Thessalonians 11. They may start out fine, but then they are taught to quench the Spirit of God and lose their initial love of the Truth.

I didn't know that it used to be only the priest drinking the wine...do you know why they did that ? Isn't that also opposite to what Jesus is quoted as telling us to do with the breaking of the bread and sharing the wine ? Can't quite understand where they got that observance from ?
I don't know. I really knew little about Catholicism when I was a Catholic although I thought I knew a lot. That, I believe, is why I remained a faithful Catholic for as long as I did. I was ignorant. In those days also the bulk of the mass [Catholic service] was spoken in Latin without an English translation. These days they are mostly in the local language of the people.

How is your dear wife ?...Last time you wrote, she was getting a bit stronger and minus the back brace, which must have been quite a relief for her ....I sincerely hope (expect) that she will get to be the best she can, in the arms of our loving Lord....Please give her my love.
Much joy and peace to you both.......Pia
She is doing very well indeed. Currently we are in a severe cold spell and all of the metal in her body [several places] are causing her a lot of discomfort even though she is remaining indoors as much as possible.

Reactions: pia and Helen