Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My existential belief is in the person of Jesus Christ. Even if I were never born he is.

In order for you to believe, you first have to be. So isn't your very existence right this instant, your conscious awareness prior to everything else? You can't know anything without awareness. I'm trying to get you to step back from your belief and turn your attention to that with which you know that belief. You don't have to renounce anything, all I'm saying is...with what do you know that belief and anything else at all?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
In order for you to believe, you first have to be. So isn't your very existence right this instant, your conscious awareness prior to everything else? You can't know anything without awareness.
There appears to be an inherent observational bias in that conclusion. Externalizing existentialism seems to be the logical resolution.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There appears to be an inherent observational bias in that conclusion. Externalizing existentialism seems to be the logical resolution.

Can you separate anything from the knowing of it?
Can you know anything at all without being aware?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Can you separate anything from the knowing of it?
Can you know anything at all without being aware?
You must in order to eliminate observational bias, otherwise what you know is worthless. A computer contains knowledge yet it is not aware. It takes some degree of wisdom to apply knowledge. The natural man has a kind of wisdom, which is of this world. And there is a spirit of wisdom which comes from God.

macdeel

May 21, 2022
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ACTS 24:5 For we have found this man [a] pestilent [fellow], and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:
ACTS 24:6 Who also hath gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.
ACTS 24:7 But the chief captain Lysias came [upon us], and with great violence took [him] away out of our hands,
ACTS 24:8 Commanding his accusers to come unto thee: by examining of whom thyself mayest take knowledge of all these things, whereof we accuse him.

(most minorities that includes je*s, are born without, and through their life time of sin..................do not have a normal range of;;empathy;;morality;;or;;emotion.................a human parasite will use human dirth, uncleanness spiritually or uncleanness with the body, to create a mechanism for those missing arguments................)

(its not a mystery, to marvel at how many of them take their lives in a their need to keep using lethal force against me, or for pleasure's sake, deride their own lives to keep that opportunity open, when it comes to the subject of using lethal force or any force or uncleanness against my body or testimony, and ending their lives..................not unless you are also point blank in these argument, and see them die for pleasure, more or less failing to succeed in using lethal force against me, you, or an institution, is this argument very clear)

(this issues, because of satan's need for pleasure or to resist god for its illusion of spiritual authority that results from uncleanness, human dirth charge...................only when there is genocide or massive death massive suffering are these issues worthy of any direct attention or do anyone enquire about them)

(when Lazarus was resurrected, as the gospel records he said, *first I will kill your leadership, if that is pilate, I'll kill him tomorrow immediately, but I will see if that is still preferential to what I want to do..................and after that i'll slaughter the jews they mean nothing....................then jesus reckoned what lazarus was going to immediately do, said perhaps it would be better for the suicidal peoples to wrestle with god............then jesus said to pilate, your promoting suicide only, so you will die anyone, then jesus said these people are not under satan's authority, they will go free tomorrow, and then I will remain..................then when lazarus comes to kill you, and the jewish people............he may reckon that this is instead an issue with god's judgment)

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will start by saying that all belief systems are there because we do not know. When you know something, belief becomes unnecessary. You only believe something because you don't know.

I've spoken with many Christians and have done a lot of reading. I'll come across articles by apologetics titled along the lines of '10 signs of proof that God exists' or 'evidence of Jesus' resurrection'.

Now my question is, if there is SO much 'overwhelming evidence' and so much 'proof', why is belief still necessary? Christians clearly consider themselves to be believers in the very end, not knowers. That means they truly don't know, they are simply believing.

I don't believe in believing. I either know or admit I don't know at all. Beliefs are always going to be open to scrutiny and doubt, it is so much work trying to hold onto a belief. The way I see it is that if you just admit you do not know, then that's humility. That's innocence.

Believing begins with knowing.
You can't believe in something without knowing anything about it.
As you read the Bible you see that the principles are true. We habe all experienced them in our lives.
You know that lying, stealing, murder, coveting, commiting adultery, dishonoring your parents is wrong. It doesn't work for the better. You know that and believe that, you have experienced the consequences when you do those things. Our actions have consequences. You know and believe that if you rob a bank, you might get caught. If you believe you won't, that is not based on facts.
We believe in the principle that "What you sow is what you reap". Why? We know and have seen it play out in our lives and in others throughout history. You sow good things, you reap good things. "Give and it shall be given to you." We know that works, we test it and see. We see happy people. Why are they happy? They are not selfish, they are givers. We know that. If you don't, you will learn someday. Miserable a d depressed people are too focused on themselves _ "What's in it for me" attitude.
So as we read the principles of the Bible we see reality, not fantasy or far-fetched myths.
Jesus' words penetrate and are life changing. He says, "Love one another" even "Love your enemies". That is real, tangible, it is good - we know it is and works, which is why we believe it.
Jesus says, "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you". Don't you treat others like you want to be treated? Isn't that fair? Yeah, we know it is and believe that it is the right way to live.
Thousands of people witnessed His miracles and they believed. He rose from the dead and 500 people saw Him ascend into heaven. Eye witness testimonies are documented by prophets amd disciples who saw, knew and believed in Christ and were willing to be tortured and killed for their belief. Who is willing to sacrifice his life for a lie, a myth - unless you are crazy. All the
disciples were willing to die for their beliefs. I am too.
Honestly, my testimony of my divine appointment with God is composed of a series of
events and people that came into my life that was without a doubt, orchestrated by God. It was at the right time and everything came together that could not be passed off as chance circumstances. Chance is nothing. It has no power or influence, no direction..and when you get to know God you will realize that the significant events in your life have nothing to do with chance.
Did I say I know God? Yep, I know God, He dwells in me and I have a real relationship with Him. I believe because I know and I know because He has revealed Himself to me. Faith is a gift, but it is not blind. With it comes knowledge, truth and life. We experience His love and peace. The peace that Jesus gives is not the peace that the world gives - it is eternal. Peace that you find in the world without God is at best temporal and can disappear in a second.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You must in order to eliminate observational bias, otherwise what you know is worthless. A computer contains knowledge yet it is not aware. It takes some degree of wisdom to apply knowledge. The natural man has a kind of wisdom, which is of this world. And there is a spirit of wisdom which comes from God.

But you can't separate the observer from the observed. That is the thing! No matter how hard you try, you just can't. It's like trying to watch a movie without the screen or having waves without the ocean. Even scientists can't separate subjectivity from objectivity because it's -through- their subjectivity that they study phenomena. You want to look at a tree but want to get rid of your eyeballs at the same time to eliminate observational bias. The tree cannot be seen without eyes.

Awareness=God because without it, we wouldn't know anything at all.

Knowing (awareness) is prior to all knowledge.

If you really want to know what God is, what the essence of this life and universe is, you must first see who or what is looking through your eyes and reading these words.

Last edited:

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
New age mumbo jumbo wont save you on judgement day.

Judgement day born a sinner mumbo jumbo isn't going to make you anymore peaceful

And awareness by the way is not New Age. Just because New Age says 2+2=4 doesn't make it New Age math. I was talking about something fundamental to everything which is awareness.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, disagreeing with the Christian version of God doesn't mean I hate God. How can I hate what I essentially am at the very end of the day?

you do hate Him, your words show that.
1. You aint God!!
2. You dont want to know Him, its a sign of natural man’s wickedness.
3. You dont believe the Bible is His word.
4. You think God is wrong.
5. You are prideful.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
you do hate Him, your words show that.
1. You aint God!!
2. You dont want to know Him, its a sign of natural man’s wickedness.
3. You dont believe the Bible is His word.
4. You think God is wrong.
5. You are prideful.

I am God because when I looked for myself I found only God and when I looked for God, I found only myself.

There is more sacredness in nature and the sky than any scripture. All scripture from all religions are dead words on a page that only point to something greater. The menu is not the meal.

You're conflating pride with self love. You're prideful about being a lifelong sinner, it's literally your name. You are so much more humble, you've got everyone beat at being humble and a sinner.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am God because when I looked for myself I found only God and when I looked for God, I found only myself.

There is more sacredness in nature and the sky than any scripture. All scripture from all religions are dead words on a page that only point to something greater. The menu is not the meal.

You're conflating pride with self love. You're prideful about being a lifelong sinner, it's literally your name.

Yes, because i freely admit to what i am. Interesting part is that everyone is a sinner, even you. Its most certainly not about pride for me, but so that everyone will know what i truly am. I replaced paul as the chief of sinners, and much like paul, i hate my sin, i hate that i sin daily. Yet i am aware that it cant be avoided.
We all sin daily, and all sin is first and foremost against God.

the Bible is very much alive, much moreso than you. Hebrews 4:12 says “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes, because i freely admit to what i am. Interesting part is that everyone is a sinner, even you. Its most certainly not about pride for me, but so that everyone will know what i truly am. I replaced paul as the chief of sinners, and much like paul, i hate my sin, i hate that i sin daily. Yet i am aware that it cant be avoided.
We all sin daily, and all sin is first and foremost against God.

the Bible is very much alive, much moreso than you. Hebrews 4:12 says “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

Tell me what you are then. Make a list of what you are

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
sinner, wretch, trespasser, evildoer, disobedient, transgressor, guilty

im sure there are more words but thats what comes to mind now

Dang, I was hoping you'd use one synonym for sinner only and branch out more to maybe like gender, human, etc. You didn't have to guilt trip yourself that much you know.

Whatever you describe yourself as or label yourself as, you are prior to all of those labels. You have to first be in order to say you are a sinner. You have to first be in order to say you are a human. You have to first be in order to say you are a male.

What's common in all of those is your being. Without your beingness, you can't label yourself as anything.

Realize deeply that all labels and names for yourself are just that. They are limitations.

The real question is, who is the self that's underneath all of those names?

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are the only words that matter. God already knows my gender and what sins i will commit and if i’ll be saved on judgement day.

you need to forget that new age nonsense and focus on your sins. You’ll have to answer for them one day.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Those are the only words that matter. God already knows my gender and what sins i will commit and if i’ll be saved on judgement day.

you need to forget that new age nonsense and focus on your sins. You’ll have to answer for them one day.

Is the fact that you are aware right now new age mumbo jumbo?