Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's funny how you don't know what something so simple as awareness/consciousness is.

Even to this day science can't figure out consciousness. I wonder why. Because consciousness, awareness, knowingness is God.

How the hell do you know anything at all if not for awareness?
I am aware that Jesus is the messiah and he is giving you a chance. Right now to repent and pray to him to forgive your sins. Or just keep down the same road you are on and end up in hell.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through one man sin spread to the whole world through one man you can be saved from eternal punishment. Don’t reject it. You wouldn’t be here is you didn’t have some interest in God. That’s why I am trying to be respectful to you. I won’t fight with you about this stuff. I like to give atheists a chance before they leave. A chance of redemption in Christ.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Through one man sin spread to the whole world through one man you can be saved from eternal punishment. Don’t reject it. You wouldn’t be here is you didn’t have some interest in God. That’s why I am trying to be respectful to you. I won’t fight with you about this stuff. I like to give atheists a chance before they leave. A chance of redemption in Christ.
@Mantis

Reminds me of Romans 5.12-15:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many."

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis

Reminds me of Romans 5.12-15:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many."
Yeah that was the scripture I was thinking of but couldn't remember the passage. I have much of the word hid in my heart but I can't remember it until someone says part of it, then it pops in my mind. I have never tried to memorize it.

And as far as the original poster goes, I really hope he reads that passage you just posted. I wish God would just come down here and explain this to people. I am not sure why he uses us. I have never seen anyone come to Christ unless is it is in a church and they are called from the pulpit. That is the only way I could get something across. It is like unless they are in church and looking for God it seems fruitless.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah that was the scripture I was thinking of but couldn't remember the passage. I have much of the word hid in my heart but I can't remember it until someone says part of it, then it pops in my mind. I have never tried to memorize it.

And as far as the original poster goes, I really hope he reads that passage you just posted. I wish God would just come down here and explain this to people. I am not sure why he uses us. I have never seen anyone come to Christ unless is it is in a church and they are called from the pulpit. That is the only way I could get something across. It is like unless they are in church and looking for God it seems fruitless.
@Mantis We should indeed crave the gracious work of the Holy Spirit in illuminating the Scriptures to give light and understanding.

Reactions: Mantis

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I am aware that Jesus is the messiah and he is giving you a chance. Right now to repent and pray to him to forgive your sins. Or just keep down the same road you are on and end up in hell.

You are missing the point. You say you are aware of Jesus being the messiah, and I am saying you are aware of Jesus being the messiah because you're aware, because awareness is present! You keep veering off to what you are aware OF and I'm saying whatever you are aware OF doesn't matter as much as the actual awareness itself. That awareness is -prior- to anything you are aware of, it is fundamental.

Pure awareness is who you really are. It's so simple, it's literally baby food

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are missing the point. You say you are aware of Jesus being the messiah, and I am saying you are aware of Jesus being the messiah because you're aware, because awareness is present! You keep veering off to what you are aware OF and I'm saying whatever you are aware OF doesn't matter as much as the actual awareness itself. That awareness is -prior- to anything you are aware of, it is fundamental.

we are aware of God because the Holy Spirit has made us aware of Him. You dont have the Holy Spirit in you and so it is impossible for you to believe in God.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

That is literally the same thing the serpent was saying in the garden, and he was a liar. Self awareness is the forbidden fruit. We would exist without self awareness, even as animals exist. We did not become like God.

Reactions: Mantis

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That is literally the same thing the serpent was saying in the garden, and he was a liar. Self awareness is the forbidden fruit. We would exist without self awareness, even as animals exist. We did not become like God.

You're missing the point entirely as well. I am not talking about self awareness. I am talking about awareness only. Definition of awareness
: the quality or state of being aware : recognition and understanding that something is happening or exists.

This entire experience along with all of your thoughts, ideas, sensations, perceptions, and beliefs is known by something, appears in something.

With what do you know this entire experience?

Last edited:

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
that question doesnt make any sense.

You mentioned the Holy Spirit which is a concept, it's something you learned about. So since you mentioned it, then obviously that means there is an awareness of it. What is aware of the concept of Holy Spirit?

Do you not know about the Holy Spirit along with everything else because you're aware?

Last edited:

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't sound enlightened.

Yeah I am not picking up what you are throwing down. Good luck with all that.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You don't sound enlightened.

Yeah I am not picking up what you are throwing down. Good luck with all that.

"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself, enlightenment." -Nisargardatta Maharaj

And you cannot pick up awareness because it's not an idea or belief to begin with. It is prior to all of those. None of your beliefs are as real as the awareness with which you know them.

Without your consciousness or awareness, you cannot have any beliefs to begin with.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You're missing the point entirely as well. I am not talking about self awareness. I am talking about awareness only. Definition of awareness
: the quality or state of being aware : recognition and understanding that something is happening or exists.

This entire experience along with all of your thoughts, ideas, sensations, perceptions, and beliefs is known by something, appears in something.

With what do you know this entire experience?
There are some higher thoughts, ideas, and beliefs that stem from knowledge of our vulnerabilities, which came from self awareness. If we ignore those specific examples awareness is a biological function.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There are some higher thoughts, ideas, and beliefs that stem from knowledge of our vulnerabilities, which came from self awareness. If we ignore those specific examples awareness is a biological function.

Awareness is not a biological function meaning that the brain does not create consciousness. The 'brain' is just a concept that appears within awareness. If you are in heaven, you have to be aware that you are in heaven for example. Neuroscientists still can't explain consciousness and are starting to realize that it is primary to everything else. Everything that is known or can be known, appears within the awareness that knows it.

People get so caught up in what they are aware OF rather than asking themselves, "With what do I know all of these things?"

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Awareness is not a biological function meaning that the brain does not create consciousness. The 'brain' is just a concept that appears within awareness. If you are in heaven, you have to be aware that you are in heaven for example. Neuroscientists still can't explain consciousness and are starting to realize that it is primary to everything else. Everything that is known or can be known, appears within the awareness that knows it.

People get so caught up in what they are aware OF rather than asking themselves, "With what do I know all of these things?"
Consciousness as we know it requires self awareness, not just a centralized awareness.

I believe it is futile to speak of heavenly places when we can't even come to an agreement about God's existance.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Consciousness as we know it requires self awareness, not just a centralized awareness.

I believe it is futile to speak of heavenly places when we can't even come to an agreement about God's existance.

Consciousness is the source of everything. Without consciousness there is nothing. Pure consciousness is God. Nothing can be known without consciousness. It is consciousness that knows.

There is only one awareness really. Our minds are different with different opinions and preferences, but we share the same awareness. There is no difference between the awareness of Hitler and Jesus for example, only the content differs. They are both aware, but what they are aware -of- is different.

By saying that there is only one centralized awareness, I am saying that there is only one 'I'. We both use the word 'I'. We are both conscious, aware. It is the 'I' that is aware. Our thoughts and bodies differ, but we are both here and now. We share the same beingness. God is that beingness that underlies all form. The being of a cat, the being of a tree, the being of you and me...is one single, infinite, indivisible being.

Just ask yourself what do you have in common with everything including animals, criminals, trees, planets, the entire universe.

Last edited: