Christianity boils down to believing in the end, there's no other way around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
im aware of my sinfulness, or at least as much as the Holy Spirit allows me to know.

Whatever you are aware of, you are aware. You could not be aware of your sinfulness without awareness. That awareness is you, that awareness is God. When you say "I", you are referring to the knowing awareness that lights up your experience, all else is an idea of yourself borrowed from somewhere else. Anything that is known, is known by awareness alone. You can't see awareness anywhere you look for it since has no dimensions or form, yet it's present. You can only let go and relax as it. It'a a lot like falling asleep while remaining awake.

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Animal. I can assure you God is real....without even referring to scripture. To me it sounds like you have a curiosity and you are seeking. That's a positive sign. I don't know why God reveals himself to others blatantly and hides from others, but I can say without bias to any religion whatsoever that God exists. I know logic and reason come into question... but I have seen something so impossible with my own two eyes....the only logical explanation is that God Exists

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is your beingness or I amness. The Bible does say I am is the name of God.

On the deepest level underneath your name and form, you are God. The human is not God, the beingness of the human is.

The sky is.
The tree is.
The cat is.
The house is.

What do those 4 things have in common?
I dunno I have never solved a riddle in my life. I really don’t have anything more to add to this thread unless you want to discuss God. All I can suggest is to drop the new age beliefs and crack open a Bible. He spoke to me. He is truth. Good luck.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
But you can't separate the observer from the observed. That is the thing! No matter how hard you try, you just can't. It's like trying to watch a movie without the screen or having waves without the ocean. Even scientists can't separate subjectivity from objectivity because it's -through- their subjectivity that they study phenomena. You want to look at a tree but want to get rid of your eyeballs at the same time to eliminate observational bias. The tree cannot be seen without eyes.

Awareness=God because without it, we wouldn't know anything at all.

Knowing (awareness) is prior to all knowledge.

If you really want to know what God is, what the essence of this life and universe is, you must first see who or what is looking through your eyes and reading these words.

And if you try running around an airfield with your eyes closed and fingers in your ears your lack of awareness of the airplane propellers and jet engines will be no consolation.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The abortion is the fruit itself of one of many cases.....
I am not judging the act of abortion. Its more complicated than a black or white scenario that most Christians like to paint on EVERYTHING!

You don't know what's in the heart of the Mother and Father.

Maybe one of the participants was truly trying to find love and pregnancy was a result.
Maybe they just wanted to get laid.

Now you will tell me pre-marital sex is wrong too.

Then I'll respond to, what constitutes marriage?
Is it mutual love between two people?
Is it when they both commit to each other?
What if one is immature in their emotions...and commits without understanding the meaning...so therefore they don't fall though with their commitment.

All i'm saying is that things are WAY MORE complicated than just the facts. You don't know a person's inner life, thoughts, and motivation.
Who are you to say people are condemned. and Use the bible as your authority. Overriding God's sovereignty as judge to take things as a case by case basis. According to you, he wrote the Book. He shouldn't have to answer to it. So quit defaulting to a book.

Humans are very complex. Black and White rules will not cut it, to determine a persons "salvation".

God himself repented at the creation of mankind before the Flood.

God regretted making mankind on the earth. Not that it would have changed his mind.

Like when I regret to inform you of your error about abortion. The circumstance of someone's emotional state does not take into account the trust God expects us to place in him to provide what we need.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm now why would he do that lol
That very small parable is about the Son of God, who hid life eternal in the earth, in Himself, that those who find it might live; while those who do not recognize it, but see life in the world as life rather than a slow death...would pass away with the earth and all the elements therein with fervent heat and with fire.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I dunno I have never solved a riddle in my life. I really don’t have anything more to add to this thread unless you want to discuss God. All I can suggest is to drop the new age beliefs and crack open a Bible. He spoke to me. He is truth. Good luck.

The fact that you are aware is not a new age belief, that's just a copout to distract from what is being said. It's like saying 2+2=4 is a new age belief just because it's written in a New Age book. Really use some logic

You wouldn't even be able to read the Bible without being aware.

Awareness has nothing to do with any belief system or religion. Awareness is prior to everything else. All 7 billion of us share the exact same awareness with which we can know anything at all.

Last edited:

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that you are aware is not a new age belief, that's just a copout to distract from what is being said. It's like saying 2+2=4 is a new age belief just because it's written in a New Age book. Really use some logic

You wouldn't even be able to read the Bible without being aware.

Awareness has nothing to do with any belief system or religion. Awareness is prior to everything else. All 7 billion of us share the exact same awareness with which we can know anything at all.

Man I don't know what you are talking about lol. I am a simple man. All I know is I prayed to whatever God is and Jesus Christ answered me.. He saved me. I would probably be dead by now without him. All I can do is give you my testimony and hope it makes a difference. If you want to hear my testimony I will provide a link. If you don't have any interest in it I won't. No worries either way. I just KNOW he is real. Have you ever prayed to God?

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Man I don't know what you are talking about lol. I am a simple man. All I know is I prayed to whatever God is and Jesus Christ answered me.. He saved me. I would probably be dead by now without him. All I can do is give you my testimony and hope it makes a difference. If you want to hear my testimony I will provide a link. If you don't have any interest in it I won't. No worries either way. I just KNOW he is real. Have you ever prayed to God?

I am saying without awareness you can't know anything at all so awareness is therefore God. Very simple

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the source of everything and awareness is prior to everything. Both don't have any dimensions or form, therefore they are one and the same.
Dude when you close your mind off to the truth you believe stuff like what you are saying. The only one that was aware of anything before creation was God. God is a spirit but he does have an image. We look like him. We are his image bearers. Before I met Jesus I thought that Christianity was the least likely of the religions to be true. Mostly because I didn’t understand it. But it is the truth. The “new age” train of thought is nothing new. It is just occult practice and it is more acceptable to people now that most have rejected truth. It will land you in Hell.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That very small parable is about the Son of God, who hid life eternal in the earth, in Himself, that those who find it might live; while those who do not recognize it, but see life in the world as life rather than a slow death...would pass away with the earth and all the elements therein with fervent heat and with fire.
that doesnt seem to splain why a man found, and hid tho

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Dude when you close your mind off to the truth you believe stuff like what you are saying. The only one that was aware of anything before creation was God. God is a spirit but he does have an image. We look like him. We are his image bearers. Before I met Jesus I thought that Christianity was the least likely of the religions to be true. Mostly because I didn’t understand it. But it is the truth. The “new age” train of thought is nothing new. It is just occult practice and it is more acceptable to people now that most have rejected truth. It will land you in Hell.

It's funny how you don't know what something so simple as awareness/consciousness is.

Even to this day science can't figure out consciousness. I wonder why. Because consciousness, awareness, knowingness is God.

How the hell do you know anything at all if not for awareness?