Christians and Jews are both anti Acts 2:38.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yep. Now we are in the church age, both Gentiles and Hebrews are part of God's church and the Name is just as powerful whether it be Hebrew or English or Latin or Green or Coptic Egyptian or Spanish or Swedish or Chinese!!!
@GodsBeloved11 Amen! :) Acts 4.12: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go then. I don't understand why Truther thinks this isn't proper baptism?

Some things I would like to ask @Truther for clarification. Do you believe:

Jesus IS the Father and the Spirit, so Jesus is the true name of God?

Do you believe that those who are baptized in the name of all three are Christians, or damned?

Jesus is New Covenant, and the Father was Old Covenant?

I'm trying to think of any other possibilities, but can't so how would you describe Oneness? Please include your objections based on what you believe does not exist so we shouldn't believe it it. Also, are there any other beliefs that are different other than baptism? Do you believe in the power of Jesus to cleanse us of our sin nature so that we do not willfully sin from the old sin nature any longer? Reasons according to scripture please.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GodsBeloved11 Acts 2.41 shows that those who were baptized were believers already: they showed their faith indeed by becoming baptized in obedience, rather than try to become believers by being baptized...
Well, halleluiah brother.

The is also a simple Scripture of God to prove His doctrine and rebuke the false.

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized...

Proof that they were saved first: They received the Spirit to be born again by the hearing of the Word with gladness of heart (Gal 3), and so then they gladly obeyed the commandment to be baptized.

And them that did not, remained unrepentant sinners, and so did not go to be baptised.

Good job.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not responding to my simple challenges, which must be answered for your doctrine to have any credibility.

Instead, you misshape the argument with a carnal phrasing, which is why it is a whopper, since you made it up.

Repent, and be baptized everyone of you...

Upon repentance, we are saved by the hearing of faith, and then we go on to keep the Lord's commandments, one of which is water baptism.

Jesus' commandments to His church are not to unbelieving sinners, who have not repented.

Prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe. (1 Cor 14:22)

The commandment of water baptism serves only for them that believe.

And so, you can continue with the fruitless carnal arguments, but until you answer the simple questions, your doctrine is false.

How do we receive the Spirit?

Do unsaved sinners receive the Spirit?

Was Cornelius an unsaved sinner, when he recieved the Holy Ghost baptism even as the apostles did?
You are describing something quite unscriptural. You are saying that we are saved before we have remission of sins.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the Godhead is broken down in Matthew 28:29 and is more specific. Do you believe it is evil to do that?
I think that what is considered evil is to disobey the command of Jesus. He said specifically to baptize in the name of the son, and folks turn around and say what Jesus said instead of actually doing what Jesus commanded. That is complete disobedience.
They are parroting his words and not obeying his command.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who says we don't say the name of Jesus? I love Jesus. It is important to me, but it doesn't prevent me from loving the rest of the Godhead. I want as much of God as I can get.

If you only want Jesus and not the Father who He is one with, that is up to you. But don't question my devotion because I want the whole Godhead that Jesus is in bodily form. Come on, Truther. Now that we know we are both Pentecostal in acceptance of the Holy Spirit's gifts, let's also be one according to the prayer of Jesus in John 17. Don't snub the Father. Jesus glorifies the Father and you should be like Jesus. If not, I won't judge you, but please stop judging me seeing as I accept you just the way you are. I deserve that as well.
I know you love Jesus. As long as we are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ we are good to go. We may have different points of view but the thing we all have in common is Acts 2:38. Without Acts 2:38, we are in somebody else’s church and divided.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some things I would like to ask @Truther for clarification. Do you believe:

Jesus IS the Father and the Spirit.....

No, Jesus was made the Father by default when He was fully indwelled by his Father

, so Jesus is the true name of God?

Yes, God gave him his name by inheritance per Heb 1:4.

Do you believe that those who are baptized in the name of all three are Christians, or damned?

As long as they say Jesus, I don’t care if they say 10 other names. They have to verbally say Jesus Christ when they are baptizing a candidate. Notice how people do everything they can not to say Jesus Christ. It is a phenomenon. It is spiritual. Fact is, if someone fights off the name of Jesus in their baptism instead of complying with it, they are condemned.

Jesus is New Covenant, and the Father was Old Covenant?

No.

I'm trying to think of any other possibilities, but can't so how would you describe Oneness?

Ancient, first century oneness, taught the Father inside the son. This is a unification process. Modern oneness teaches the Father is the son. There is a distinct difference in the two teachings.

Please include your objections based on what you believe does not exist so we shouldn't believe it it.

The doctrine of God becoming human is Roman catholic in essence. I think we should re-look at all of this. I don’t think God became human. I think that a man was made God. Jesus was made a quickening spirit upon resurrection which is God. It’s in first Corinthians 15.

Also, are there any other beliefs that are different other than baptism? Do you believe in the power of Jesus to cleanse us of our sin nature so that we do not willfully sin from the old sin nature any longer? Reasons according to scripture please.

I agree with Paul in Romans 7 that we have inherited the nature of God and we also have the nature of sin in us. It is a war within. our old nature never left. It is over come by the new nature. I believe that the name of Jesus Christ at baptism remits all of our sins and at that point we become free from sin. It’s all because of the name of Jesus.
I differ in various doctrines but generally I believe in what oneness teaches. I reject tithing, modern dispensational ideas. Etc.

I celebrate all spiritual gifts and teach they are all in force today. I also teach that we are in a pre-millennial experience right now. We don’t have a separate covenant other than what future national Israel will have. We are in their future covenant in a partial way.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that what is considered evil is to disobey the command of Jesus. He said specifically to baptize in the name of the son, and folks turn around and say what Jesus said instead of actually doing what Jesus commanded. That is complete disobedience.
They are parroting his words and not obeying his command.

The actual words of Jesus are in red:

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen

The apostles taught:

By Peter:
Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

By Paul
:
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. 4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

So whether you baptize according to the words of Jesus, or go with the words of the apostles, either would be acceptable by God, and He is the true judge. But more important than the water and the words, is the actual faith and repentance behind the words.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you love Jesus. As long as we are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ we are good to go. We may have different points of view but the thing we all have in common is Acts 2:38. Without Acts 2:38, we are in somebody else’s church and divided.

But what if you baptize in the name of Jesus but have never repented and turned away from sin? Is it still a valid baptism?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actual words of Jesus are in red:

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen

The apostles taught:

By Peter:
Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

By Paul
:
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. 4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

So whether you baptize according to the words of Jesus, or go with the words of the apostles, either would be acceptable by God, and He is the true judge. But more important than the water and the words, is the actual faith and repentance behind the words.
Nothing is more important than the words. The name of Jesus is life. If we can’t say the name of Jesus during baptism we will all be condemned.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what if you baptize in the name of Jesus but have never repented and turned away from sin? Is it still a valid baptism?
I always look for a confession of someone’s faith . The Ethiopian Eunuch In Acts 8 is the perfect example of someone who confessed and believed in Jesus with all of his heart, then he was qualified to be baptized. That’s what happened to me. The minister that baptized me asked me(in the water)how long I would serve the Lord. I told him all the days of my life. It’s been 42 years by the grace of God.

God wants us to know what we are getting into. It’s like marriage. We take his name as his bride.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truther, can you fix your post #189 with the correct quote marks so I can respond, please.
Sorry, I was on my iPhone. I don’t know how to do that with this crazy phone… Lol. Can you ask single questions instead of all of those at once please?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so we can receive the Spirit by hearing of faith, and Holy Ghost baptism before remission of sins?
The Holy Ghost does not remit sins, but leads us to remission of sins per Acts 2:38.

It was not given to vindicate our beliefs, but lead us to the true belief of the Acts church.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost does not remit sins, but leads us to remission of sins per Acts 2:38.

It was not given to vindicate our beliefs, but lead us to the true belief of the Acts church.
So, we can receive the Spirit and the baptism of the Holy Ghost like unto the apostles, and not be born again?

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always look for a confession of someone’s faith . The Ethiopian Eunuch In Acts 8 is the perfect example of someone who confessed and believed in Jesus with all of his heart, then he was qualified to be baptized. That’s what happened to me. The minister that baptized me asked me(in the water)how long I would serve the Lord. I told him all the days of my life. It’s been 42 years by the grace of God.

God wants us to know what we are getting into. It’s like marriage. We take his name as his bride.

Yeah I think once we get born again we want to be baptised...That's how it happened for me anyway