Christians and the Law of Moses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Actually, according to Matthew 5:17-20 all the laws in the OT are still valid.

Jesus said he came to fulfill the law.
Not so you can keep worrying about them, but so that the dominion of the law is removed, as the Law is a "CURSE. to a human being.
The Law can't give righteousness and it can't remove sin consciousness, so "God found FAULT" with the Law and replaced it with the NEW COVENANT.
= "Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE of the LAW".
So, the Law is not "valid", unless you are under them..... The born again are "Not under the law, but are under Grace".

Unbelievers are under the Law.
The Born again are under Grace.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ and Love...
that's kinda nebulous.....a bit like the hippy love and peace.... a love fuelled by self, shifting according to the fickle tastes of the times.

God's Law is dismissed because it is specific; it delineates the boundaries clearly.....the very thing the carnal heart resists.....it, the carnal heart ie, insists on making its own rules as per Sinatra's song 'I did it my way'

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God's Law is dismissed because it is specific; it delineates the boundaries clearly
Exactly.

EXODUS 20: THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
Introductory words from God Himself

1 And God spake all these words, saying, 2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

LOVE TOWARDS GOD IN THE FIRST FOUR COMMANDMENTS
First Commandment
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Second Commandment
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Third Commandment
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Fourth Commandment
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

LOVE TOWARDS NEIGHBOR IN THE LAST SIX COMMANDMENTS
Fifth Commandment

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Sixth Commandment
13 Thou shalt not kill [murder].
Seventh Commandment
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery [includes fornication].
Eighth Commandment
15 Thou shalt not steal.
Ninth Commandment
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Tenth Commandment
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

If any Christian thinks that these are not found in the Law of Love (the Law of Christ), he should go to Romans 13 and study it carefully. The two greatest commandments include all Ten Commandments.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sleepy , long day, but still think and believe it is best to go to the Father as written IN JAMES and ask the Father for His Wisdom - His Understanding, of His Word.... so He May , as He Pleases, Reveal it to little children - this is His Good Pleasure so to do.

p.s. a lot, multitudes , billions maybe, have "studied it carefully" (or not), without asking the Father what the Father means, and they learn nothing , being carnal, in the flesh.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said he came to fulfill the law.
Not so you can keep worrying about them, but so that the dominion of the law is removed, as the Law is a "CURSE. to a human being.
The Law can't give righteousness and it can't remove sin consciousness, so "God found FAULT" with the Law and replaced it with the NEW COVENANT.
= "Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE of the LAW".
So, the Law is not "valid", unless you are under them..... The born again are "Not under the law, but are under Grace".

Unbelievers are under the Law.
The Born again are under Grace.
Paul wrote that he was under the law to Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21).

The law is also written on the hearts and minds of New Covenant believers (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4).

The only sense in which we are not under the law is in that we are no longer condemned by it from the outside; since we are forgiven.

But it does indeed govern us from the inside according to scriptures that I have referenced just above.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The law is also written on the hearts and minds of New Covenant believers (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4).

The only sense in which we are not under the law is in that we are no longer condemned by it from the outside; since we are forgiven.

But it does indeed govern us from the inside according to scriptures that I have referenced just above.
You're talking around in circles jbf.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Under the law "to" Christ, means to be "under Grace", as Grace is the "law" for the born again.

The Law is in the OT, so, Christ is Paul's Savior after Christ is back into Heaven.
This is why Paul said it was "to Christ" as the Law He was under, as "Christ has redeemed Paul, and all the born again FROM< the Law".

If you read Philippians 3, you'll read that Paul explained carefully that all Lawkeeping, and all self effort to be righteous, is "dung".
Christ died to fulfill the Law so that he could take away the dominion of the Law that is our "CURSE".
This is why Christ was careful to explain that He had "All power in Heaven and on EARTH".
This is how He replaced the "law" with God's Grace, which the born again are "UNDER">.

Try to understand that the One who created the Law is GREATER then the Law, so, this Greater One is able to remove the dominion of the lesser from the born again, and replace it with a NEW Testament that is the Blood Atonement, = God's Grace.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, being under the law to Christ means that one is governed by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

This means that they bear the fruit of the Spirit against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

So there is a righteousness of the Lord apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
that's kinda nebulous.....a bit like the hippy love and peace.... a love fuelled by self, shifting according to the fickle tastes of the times.

God's Law is dismissed because it is specific; it delineates the boundaries clearly.....the very thing the carnal heart resists.....it, the carnal heart ie, insists on making its own rules as per Sinatra's song 'I did it my way'
Yes I know you need the law because you never tasted of the Spirit, this bit.

Luk 5:36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

You still prefer the old.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are trying to take the place of God. How do you know who has and who has not tasted of the Spirit? How do we know whether you have tasted of the Spirit?

Christians are not lawless, but do all things lawfully. And if they are lawless, then they are no better than the anarchists who are presently out in full force. Paul has a word of warning for all Christians:

1 CORINTHIANS 10: TAKE HEED TO YOURSELVES
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I try to obey the only two Commands that the Ascended Lord left us with — Believe and Love... ( 1John2:3) ......
When you assert the above and simultaneously say the Law of God (the 10C's) is done away with you talk in circles and contradict yourself. You do not understand what you are saying.

Better off is the man with few words with understanding than a man with many words and little understanding.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Luk 5:36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

You still prefer the old.
The Spirit you speaks of opposes Gods Law and attempts to put it in a bad light, even get rid of it. The Spirit Jesus and the Apostles spoke of validated the Law of God.....it nullified not one jot or title. It honoured God's Law.

Your law seeks to get rid of God's Law because it condemns you as a transgressor and you use your gospel and misapplication of the scriptures to plaster over transgressions pointed out by God's Law, even pretend they don't exist.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not lawless, but do all things lawfully. And if they are lawless, then they are no better than the anarchists who are presently out in full force.

We do not obtain our righteousness in God by attempting to keep the law (a list of do's and don'ts).

Rather, we receive the Holy Spirit through faith in Christ (Galatians 3:14) and then begin to bear the fruit of the Spirit as the result. Against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23); there is no law that I will violate if I walk according to the Spirit.

Thus, I have a righteousness apart from the law that is attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21).

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
The grace of God was to reconciliate the broken relationship between Adam & Eve and their offsprings with God, since Adam & Eve fell into sins; the spiritual world had been ruled by the old serpent and the relationship of mankind to God disrupted with the devil intervention. And since then nobody can reach heaven, they're enslaved in the prisoners of the fallen angels and old serpent. That's why God gave the promises to Abraham, to deliver mankind from devil snares. No wonder many prophets and apostles are the victim of the fallen angels, and Jesus himself was being offered as a burnt offerings to Ba'al/Zawba'ah/Beelzebub/gods of Ekron/Lion of Eupherates which ruled in Friday and Jesus had offered in Friday. From this reality we can see how Jesus can help us in our sufferings and redeem our spirit whosoever baptism in the name of Jesus.
We have to see this reality in positive meaning, God had put Cherubim (Genesis 3:24) to guard mankind enters heaven, and Cherubim was an assessment tools from God to purify us whosoever love God. From the Job point of view we can see how tribulation is the way of the Lord sort out his children (Job 4:15-18).

The Archangel ruled the seven days
The Seven Jinn Kings

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The grace of God was to reconciliate the broken relationship between Adam & Eve and their offsprings with God, since Adam & Eve fell into sins; the spiritual world had been ruled by the old serpent and the relationship of mankind to God disrupted with the devil intervention. And since then nobody can reach heaven, they're enslaved in the prisoners of the fallen angels and old serpent. That's why God gave the promises to Abraham, to deliver mankind from devil snares. No wonder many prophets and apostles are the victim of the fallen angels, and Jesus himself was being offered as a burnt offerings to Ba'al/Zawba'ah/Beelzebub/gods of Ekron/Lion of Eupherates which ruled in Friday and Jesus offered in Friday. From this reality we can see how Jesus can help us in our sufferings and redeem our spirit whosoever baptism in the name of Jesus.
We have to see this reality in positive meaning, God had put Cherubim (Genesis 3:24) to guard mankind enters heaven, and Cherubim was an assessment tools from God to purify us whosoever love God. From the Job point of view we can see how tribulation is the way of the Lord sort out his children (Job 4:15-18).

The Archangel ruled the seven days
The Seven Jinn Kings
I believe that the Bible teaches that it is not a good idea to have the names of any other god but the name of the one true God (YHWH) on our lips. And that includes the seven Jinn kings that you have mentioned.