Christians are not sinners

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is OSAS?
Rom_1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

Rom_3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:

Rom_3:26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Rom_4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Rom_5:17 For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.

Rom_5:18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.

Rom_5:21 so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom_6:13 Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.

Rom_6:16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Rom_6:18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Rom_6:19 I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

Rom_6:20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.

Rom_8:10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom_9:30 What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith;

Rom_9:31 but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law.

Rom_10:3 For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.

Rom_10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Rom_10:5 For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them.

Rom_10:6 But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down)

Rom_14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

1Co_1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

2Co_3:9 For if there was glory in the ministry of condemnation, the ministry of righteousness must far exceed it in glory.

2Co_5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

2Co_6:7 by truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left;

2Co_6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

2Co_9:9 As it is written, “He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.”

2Co_9:10 He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.

2Co_11:15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Gal_2:21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Gal_3:6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?

Gal_3:21 Is the law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the law.

Gal_5:5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness.

Eph_4:24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

Eph_6:14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

Php_1:11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

Php_3:6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.

Php_3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—

1Ti_6:11 But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.

2Ti_2:22 So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

2Ti_3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

2Ti_4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

Tit_3:5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

You righteous?
my response

2Co_5:4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

Rev_3:5 The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

Isa_61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

...clothed with the dikaosune of Christ Jesus and not boasting in my own self-righteousness

Blessings
Johann
[/QUOTE]
What is OSAS?

The source of your doctrine of still having the sin nature and a wicked heart while claiming salvation of God, in order to justify going on still in your sins and trespasses:

But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses.

...clothed with the dikaosune of Christ Jesus and not boasting in my own self-righteousness.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Are you a righteous doer, or just a talker about being clothed with it.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Examine yourself in the light of the scriptures, I am convicted on a daily basis and confess my sins daily, guess you are too "saintly" and in no need of confessing sins?
blessings
JohannView attachment 21535 View attachment 21536 View attachment 21535 View attachment 21536
Examine yourself in the light of the scriptures, I am convicted on a daily basis and confess my sins daily, guess you are too "saintly" and in no need of confessing sins?

So long as you keep examining yourself in your own light misread from Scripture, you will continue to daily sin again and again and again.

guess you are too "saintly" and in no need of confessing sins?

Want me to apologize? Repent of doing righteousness at all times with a pure heart? Return to my past sins?

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

I certainly was a double minded Christian such as yourself for many years, but since I didn't make a justifiable religion out of it, I came by His grace to repent of all sins, not to do them anymore:

And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

The only ones with no condemnation now today, are them who obey Him and sin no more today.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

So long as you continue to think in your own mind, that you are condemned to wretched double mindedness for life, with no hope nor power nor will to repent of it, you have no hope, nor power nor will like any other sinner on earth.

By choice of unbelief in Scripture.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I could instruct you from the Scripture how to freely exercise the power of God given to all who would obey Him within and from the heart:

And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Not only do you not have to continue with a desperately wicked heart, but we are all commanded by God to have a pure one:

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

It just depends on whether you want the help of God's grace to do so and become His son in deed and in truth, or the help of OSAS filthy grace not to do so, and stay a wretched double minded sinner for life.

It's now up to you.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
my response

2Co_5:4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

Rev_3:5 The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

Isa_61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

...clothed with the dikaosune of Christ Jesus and not boasting in my own self-righteousness

Blessings
Johann
What is OSAS?

The source of your doctrine of still having the sin nature and a wicked heart while claiming salvation of God, in order to justify going on still in your sins and trespasses:

But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses.

...clothed with the dikaosune of Christ Jesus and not boasting in my own self-righteousness.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Are you a righteous doer, or just a talker about being clothed with it.[/QUOTE]
Without the sealing of the Holy Spirit and the inner witness none of us can DO anything
@Ziggy
Why?

Rom_8:10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom_8:11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

Eph_2:1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins...Now dead corpses cannot make decisions or "free will" it, can they?

Eph_2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—Who made us alive? Our free will?

Col_2:13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,...our "free will?"

Jas_2:26 For as the body
apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

1Pe_1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,...our "free will?"

Question
Can we "freewill" it to be born from above? Since NO one can come to the Father UNLESS they are drawn?
Blessings, this is the scriptural answer to your question and your other post
Johann

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People will sometines study and understand the implications of Inherited Sin.
Instead of rejecting it as false doctrine, they continue to believe in hereditary depravity,
but deny that babies are born destined for hell. When this happens they are not being honest and are usually suffering from a conflict between their heart and their head.

Reactions: robert derrick

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

So long as you keep examining yourself in your own light misread from Scripture, you will continue to daily sin again and again and again.

guess you are too "saintly" and in no need of confessing sins?

Want me to apologize? Repent of doing righteousness at all times with a pure heart? Return to my past sins?

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

I certainly was a double minded Christian such as yourself for many years, but since I didn't make a justifiable religion out of it, I came by His grace to repent of all sins, not to do them anymore:

And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

The only ones with no condemnation now today, are them who obey Him and sin no more today.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

So long as you continue to think in your own mind, that you are condemned to wretched double mindedness for life, with no hope nor power nor will to repent of it, you have no hope, nor power nor will like any other sinner on earth.

By choice of unbelief in Scripture.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I could instruct you from the Scripture how to freely exercise the power of God given to all who would obey Him within and from the heart:

And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

Not only do you not have to continue with a desperately wicked heart, but we are all commanded by God to have a pure one:

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

It just depends on whether you want the help of God's grace to do so and become His son in deed and in truth, or the help of OSAS filthy grace not to do so, and stay a wretched double minded sinner for life.

It's now up to you.
Blessings
It is not "up to me"..Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mar 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
Mar 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Mar 10:16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

That he should touch them. Put his hands upon them. Blessed them.

Luk 18:15 And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
Luk 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Luk 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

receive the kingdom of God as a little child.
know ye not, ye must be born again...

MERCY!!
I will have mercy and not sacrifice saith the Lord.

o_O

A new generation was being created....
Behold all things have passed away, I make all things new.

What then, if the parents are holy shall the children be holy?
is a child or an infant born sinful?

Hugs
The error of souls being born into the world sinful and with the sin nature is common, especially for them that still claim the sin nature to justify their ongoing sins and trespasses.

It is impossible for souls to be created by God in iniquity and with sin nature, because God does not create anything to be and become evil.

He creates evil only by giving His perfectly created creatures the free will to disobey Him willingly.

He did so with Adam, and He has done so with every soul He ever created.

For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The Scripture shows that God cannot create any soul sinful, so that it dies by sin, because He creates all things for His pleasure, and He has no pleasure in the death of sinners: For God to create sinful souls, He would be doing so for His pleasure, which impossible according to Scripture.

Scripture also shows that if any soul sin, we are commanded to turn us around, to repent and return to Him to do His good pleasure and not sin.

Since we are to repent and turn us to Himself, then we must have the power and will to do so.

Those trusting in having the sin nature for excuse not to do so, will remain wretchedly double minded for life, and will never know what it truly is to have now no more condemnation in Christ Jesus:

Those clinging to their sin nature, or even teach dual nature theology, willfully remain imprisoned in Romans 7, and never go on to perfection of Romans 8.

They are forever 'tending and trending' toward repentance of dead works, but never just repent of them and move on to becoming sons of God with power over the devil in all things:

I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Saints have ears to hear what God is commanding to His people by Scripture with power given to do so.

Sinners only have ears for sinfulness, and refuse any power to do otherwise day to day.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
my response

Blessings
Johann
What is OSAS?

Are you a righteous doer, or just a talker about being clothed with it.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• christian quotes _ Charles Spurgeon quotes….jpg
    christian quotes _ Charles Spurgeon quotes….jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings
It is not "up to me"..Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

YOU ARE TAKING THE POSITION OF THE NO GOD THEREFORE NO FREEWILL HUMAN SECULARIST!!!!
That is not a position from the Bible! You are very confused on the matter of mans will.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
YOU ARE TAKING THE POSITION OF THE NO GOD THEREFORE NO FREEWILL HUMAN SECULARIST!!!!
That is not a position from the Bible! You are very confused on the matter of mans will.
On the contrary, all are dead in trespasses and sins after the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus, so, how can a dead corpse make any "free will?"No hope in the _free will's_ of men - C_H Spurgeon.jpg

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings
It is not "up to me"

Oh well. The Lord tried ministering.

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

At least that young man was more honest about his refusal of Jesus Christ. He had great possession, but didn't claim great excuses.

I have yet to meet any OSAS believer that ever repented. I am coming to believe that once someone receives that lie into the heart, then it cannot be rooted out.

So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Sinners thinking to run the race of Christ unlawfully, justify their ungodly deeds by declaring they have no will to do otherwise.

And so they wrest Scripture to their own destruction, willingly.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, all are dead in trespasses and sins after the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus, so, how can a dead corpse make any "free will?"View attachment 21542

Your position is, it does not matter what mans will is.(No freewill)
It is only God Himself who chooses not based on any condition of man.
Therefore your doctrine only leads to logically that GOD IS GUILTY IF I DO NOT COME TO HIM!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Like someone wants to hear some punk kid tell us how unfree we are.

Right.

You are not free.

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

It never ceases to amaze me how 'Christians' can so plainly contradict Scripture, and yet have no clue they ware doing so:

And when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

We have the sin nature and our hearts are still desperately wicked

Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is not "up to me"

Oh well. The Lord tried ministering.

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

At least that young man was more honest about his refusal of Jesus Christ. He had great possession, but didn't claim great excuses.

I have yet to meet any OSAS believer that ever repented. I am coming to believe that once someone receives that lie into the heart, then it cannot be rooted out.

So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Sinners thinking to run the race of Christ unlawfully, justify their ungodly deeds by declaring they have no will to do otherwise.

And so they wrest Scripture to their own destruction, willingly.
No One Is Righteous
Rom 3:9 What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
Rom 3:10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
Rom 3:11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.
Rom 3:12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
Rom 3:13 “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
Rom 3:14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
Rom 3:15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
Rom 3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
Rom 3:17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
Rom 3:18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
Rom 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God.
Rom 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
The Righteousness of God Through Faith
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—
Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
Rom 3:26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Rom 3:27 Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.
Rom 3:29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
Rom 3:30 since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
Rom 3:31 Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.
Blessings
Johann

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your position is, it does not matter what mans will is.(No freewill)
It is only God Himself who chooses not based on any condition of man.
Therefore your doctrine only leads to logically that GOD IS GUILTY IF I DO NOT COME TO HIM!
Brother, we can't let them get under our skin.

John was just as amazed and marveled at how absurd OSAS is. All we can do is counter lies with Scripture, and let others decide for themselves.

Personally, the great blessing I have is in knowing more perfectly the doctrine of Christ according to the Scriptures, by countering the abundance of lies, deception, and outright lunacy I read from them.

Seriously, until I came to this site, I had only heard of such things, but now like the Queen of the south, I know that the half of it was not known by me at all:

Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.

They truly do far exceed the infamy I had heard of.

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No One Is Righteous
Rom 3:9 What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
Rom 3:10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
Rom 3:11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.
Rom 3:12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
Rom 3:13 “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
Rom 3:14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
Rom 3:15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
Rom 3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
Rom 3:17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
Rom 3:18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
Rom 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God.
Rom 3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
The Righteousness of God Through Faith
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—
Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
Rom 3:26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Rom 3:27 Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.
Rom 3:29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
Rom 3:30 since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
Rom 3:31 Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.
Blessings
Johann
No One Is Righteous

Applying Scriptural condemnation upon the unsaved for oneself is not 'wise'.

Truly, willful sinners seeking to justify themselves, only have eyes for their sins to be justified in Scripture.

God had concluded all men of sin at the cross, both Jew and Greek. Now all men, both Jew and Greek, are commanded to repent of all sin and do His righteousness at all times by the faith of Jesus.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Brother, we can't let them get under our skin.

John was just as amazed and marveled at how absurd OSAS is. All we can do is counter lies with Scripture, and let others decide for themselves.

Personally, the great blessing I have is in knowing more perfectly the doctrine of Christ according to the Scriptures, by countering the abundance of lies, deception, and outright lunacy I read from them.

Seriously, until I came to this site, I had only heard of such things, but now like the Queen of the south, I know that the half of it was not known by me at all:

Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.

They truly do far exceed the infamy I had heard of.

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
I really wonder if you know or possess understanding and knowledge in the scriptures you are quoting out of context
Blessings
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No One Is Righteous

Applying Scriptural condemnation upon the unsaved for oneself is not 'wise'.

Truly, willful sinners seeking to justify themselves, only have eyes for their sins to be justified in Scripture.

God had concluded all men of sin at the cross, both Jew and Greek. Now all men, both Jew and Greek, are commanded to repent of all sin and do His righteousness at all times by the faith of Jesus.

Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
1) "No man can come to me," (oudeis dunatai elthein pros me) "No one is able to come to me," for the bread of life or the water of life, apart from God's initiative convicting and calling, Joh_16:8-11; Rev_22:17.

Except the Father draw him (ean mē helkusēi auton). Negative condition of third class with ean mē and first aorist active subjunctive of helkuō, older form helkō, to drag like a net (Joh_21:6), or sword (Joh_18:10), or men (Act_16:19), to draw by moral power (Joh_12:32), as in Jer_31:3. Surō, the other word to drag (Act_8:3; Act_14:19) is not used of Christ’s drawing power. The same point is repeated in Joh_6:65. The approach of the soul to God is initiated by God, the other side of Joh_6:37. See Rom_8:7 for the same doctrine and use of oude dunatai like oudeis dunatai here.

2) "Except the Father which hath sent me draw him,'' (ean me ho pater ho pempsas me helkuse auton) "Unless the Father who sent me should draw him," by His Word and Spirit, Rom_10:17; Even as the Spirit drew Saul of Tarsus, when pricked to the heart to cry, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?" Ac 91-6. The Father drew the Ethiopian eunuch, through the Spirit, that led Philip to preach Jesus to him from the Scriptures that he read, but could not understand, Act_8:28-35.

All that (πᾶν ὃ)
The neuter singular of the adjective and pronoun. All believers are regarded as one complete whole. Compare Joh_17:24, according to the correct reading, “that which Thou hast given me.”
Shall come (ἥξει)
Emphasizing the idea of reaching or arriving.
Cometh (ἐρχόμενον)
A different verb, emphasizing the process of coming.

Joh 6:65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Joh 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Eph_1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

Ye were sealed (ἐσφραγίσθητε)
See on Joh_3:33; see on Rev_22:10. Sealed with the assurance of the Holy Spirit. Rom_8:16; 2Co_1:22; 2Ti_2:19.
Spirit of promise
Strictly, the promise. Denoting the promise as characteristic of the Holy Spirit: the Spirit which was announced by promise. See Act_2:16 sqq.; Joe_2:28; Zec_12:10; Isa_32:15; Isa_44:3; Joh_7:39; Act_1:4-8; Gal_3:14.

4) "In whom also after that ye believed" (en ho kai pisteusantes) "in whom also (when) ye believed," or having fully believed. The Holy Spirit quickens every believer to life eternal and seals the stamp of divine ownership upon him to eternal life, Joh_6:63; Joh_10:27-29; 1Jn_5:13.

5) "Ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" (esphragisthete to pneumati tes epangelias to hagio) "With the Holy Spirit of promise."
This seal is heaven's stamp of eternal ownership of the sealed property, 2Ti_2:19; Eph_4:30. If salvation could ever be lost, it would have to be after the resurrection of the body of the believer; for until the redemption of the body (the purchased (paid for) possession of every believer), one is sealed. See also Rom_8:23.

Eph_4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Rom 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

Rom 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

Rom 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

Blessings
Johann

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, all are dead in trespasses and sins after the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus

All were dead in their trespasses and sins since the transgression of Adam.

, so, how can a dead corpse make any "free will?"

And there is no dead corpse until the spirit of man departs this life.

The soul is dead in trespasses and sins, not the body. All are not dead corpses walking around like evil trees.

Here we have the dual nature theology at it's most mystically delusional: The whole earth did not become Zombieland after the cross.

As they dig deeper and deeper into their theology, it gets more and more mystical, just like that of the JW's and Mormons.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

I believe OSAS mysticism is worse than that of the others, because at least the others don't ever-seek to justify themselves on a daily basis, and so need ever-learn new corruption of Scripture to do so.

OSAS spiritism really does believe their spirits have been forever separated from their bodies, to sit in heavenly places, so that their souls are no more responsible for the deeds of their bodies on earth.

As another of their own put it:

The flesh is dead. And we are helpless to keep our old man from sinning from time to time.

They believe the old man of sin is not the soul, but is the physical body, and the continued lust of the old man is from the physical blood pump.

And so, like spiritual beings in heaven, they helplessly watch their old bodies go on doing what all sinner bodies do, and then like ministering spirits in heaven, they intercede for themselves and their bodies with confession. Not repentance of heart, but only the confession of knowledge that agree it is sin.

Afterall, even as no dead corpse has free will, so also no perfected spirit sitting in heavenly places has no need to repent.

The flesh is not just weak, but is dead and keeps on sinning, while the spirit knows better and tells God so.

The truth of Scripture is that the flesh is nothing (John 6) and the body is dead without the spirit (James 2), and so the body has no free will to do anything of it's own power and will.

Man is a soul. Man is not a body. The old man is the soul with sin nature. The New Man is the soul with divine nature. While the old man yet lives, the new man is not yet born:

Saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Dual nature theology for Christian sinners is the old first beast yet living, being mystically healed of his deadly head wound by God for going on still in sins and trespasses.

OSAS is another gospel revealed to hypocrites by the angel of light, that still says: ye shall not surely die.

OSAS Christians of dual nature theology truly believe like Adam, that they cannot die, because their spirits are forever preserved. However, unlike Adam, after the coming of the Second Adam, they believe they have become as spirit gods sitting in heavenly places, just waiting for their dead bodies to go ahead and die already, while celebrating their grace in heaven.

The soul of man is with free will at creation by God, whether to rule over the mortal body by obeying God, or to be ruled by the lust and sin of the world in submission to the devil:

And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Since the resurrection of Jesus Christ, now every soul on earth can receive the faith of Jesus into the heart with power to overcome all the world as Jesus did in the days of His flesh

Every soul on earth has free will to do well or to do sin, and the body on earth only does what the spirit of man decides for it to do.

Every soul on earth is judged for the deeds of their body, not the body itself.

Every soul that sinneth, it shall die, not the body, which will only die when the spirit departs this life.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
1) "No man can come to me," (oudeis dunatai elthein pros me) "No one is able to come to me," for the bread of life or the water of life, apart from God's initiative convicting and calling, Joh_16:8-11; Rev_22:17.

Except the Father draw him (ean mē helkusēi auton). Negative condition of third class with ean mē and first aorist active subjunctive of helkuō, older form helkō, to drag like a net (Joh_21:6), or sword (Joh_18:10), or men (Act_16:19), to draw by moral power (Joh_12:32), as in Jer_31:3. Surō, the other word to drag (Act_8:3; Act_14:19) is not used of Christ’s drawing power. The same point is repeated in Joh_6:65. The approach of the soul to God is initiated by God, the other side of Joh_6:37. See Rom_8:7 for the same doctrine and use of oude dunatai like oudeis dunatai here.

2) "Except the Father which hath sent me draw him,'' (ean me ho pater ho pempsas me helkuse auton) "Unless the Father who sent me should draw him," by His Word and Spirit, Rom_10:17; Even as the Spirit drew Saul of Tarsus, when pricked to the heart to cry, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?" Ac 91-6. The Father drew the Ethiopian eunuch, through the Spirit, that led Philip to preach Jesus to him from the Scriptures that he read, but could not understand, Act_8:28-35.

All that (πᾶν ὃ)
The neuter singular of the adjective and pronoun. All believers are regarded as one complete whole. Compare Joh_17:24, according to the correct reading, “that which Thou hast given me.”
Shall come (ἥξει)
Emphasizing the idea of reaching or arriving.
Cometh (ἐρχόμενον)
A different verb, emphasizing the process of coming.

Joh 6:65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Joh 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Eph_1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

Ye were sealed (ἐσφραγίσθητε)
See on Joh_3:33; see on Rev_22:10. Sealed with the assurance of the Holy Spirit. Rom_8:16; 2Co_1:22; 2Ti_2:19.
Spirit of promise
Strictly, the promise. Denoting the promise as characteristic of the Holy Spirit: the Spirit which was announced by promise. See Act_2:16 sqq.; Joe_2:28; Zec_12:10; Isa_32:15; Isa_44:3; Joh_7:39; Act_1:4-8; Gal_3:14.

4) "In whom also after that ye believed" (en ho kai pisteusantes) "in whom also (when) ye believed," or having fully believed. The Holy Spirit quickens every believer to life eternal and seals the stamp of divine ownership upon him to eternal life, Joh_6:63; Joh_10:27-29; 1Jn_5:13.

5) "Ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" (esphragisthete to pneumati tes epangelias to hagio) "With the Holy Spirit of promise."
This seal is heaven's stamp of eternal ownership of the sealed property, 2Ti_2:19; Eph_4:30. If salvation could ever be lost, it would have to be after the resurrection of the body of the believer; for until the redemption of the body (the purchased (paid for) possession of every believer), one is sealed. See also Rom_8:23.

Eph_4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Rom 8:23 And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

Rom 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

Rom 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

Blessings
Johann
And of course now comes the trotting out of all the Greek to justify the lie. I knew you people were just like the jehovah believers of a created christ.

The reason you declared it's 'not up to you' to purify your heart of your lust, is obviously at some time the Lord ceased to convict and draw you.

No doubt it was in the midst of your ever-learning scholarship of how you need not repent of your lust for sins, because you have proven to yourself ad nauseum it is impossible for any man to do so.

Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

Last edited: