Christians are not sinners

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Imputed:

λογίζομαι logízomai, log-id'-zom-ahee; middle voice from G3056; to take an inventory, i.e. estimate (literally or figuratively):—conclude, (ac-)count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).

hmm..

Like the whole chapter 8 of Romans. But I'll try to keep it short. :rolleyes:

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

The children in the wilderness tempted God for 40 years. That doesn't mean God was subjected to sin. just sayin..

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1Jo 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

I don't know how "imputed" fits.
still looking..

Hugs
Maybe this will help....

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the wheat and the chaff....

The chaff is the flesh, the wheat is the spirit.

The chaff is the sin that coats the wheat.

All of our chaff covered him like hmm... ashes.. now there's a thought..

Ashes everywhere in the bible. I have to check that out..
I need more shovels!!

The wheat inside the chaff is pure and holy. The bread of life.
The chaff on the outside is what... cast away, cast off..

I know my thoughts are sometimes hard to follow.. but I write as I think it.

The flesh that the Lord was born into is the chaff, but the spirit of the Lord is the wheat within the chaff.
And all of our chaff stuck to him. He took upon himself all our sins. In his own flesh, coat, skin.

The flesh profiteth nothing...

Jhn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Like we piled all of our coats onto him. This tabernacle... we no longer live after the flesh...

Newness of life.

thinking out loud
Hugs

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's the wheat and the chaff....

The chaff is the flesh, the wheat is the spirit.

The chaff is the sin that coats the wheat.

All of our chaff covered him like hmm... ashes.. now there's a thought..

Ashes everywhere in the bible. I have to check that out..
I need more shovels!!

The wheat inside the chaff is pure and holy. The bread of life.
The chaff on the outside is what... cast away, cast off..

I know my thoughts are sometimes hard to follow.. but I write as I think it.

The flesh that the Lord was born into is the chaff, but the spirit of the Lord is the wheat within the chaff.
And all of our chaff stuck to him. He took upon himself all our sins. In his own flesh, coat, skin.

The flesh profiteth nothing...

Jhn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Like we piled all of our coats onto him. This tabernacle... we no longer live after the flesh...

Newness of life.

thinking out loud
Hugs
Signing off
Good night Ziggy
J.

Degas

Mar 28, 2022
Lourdes, France
shaktilence.com
Faith
Christian
Country
France
Matt 22:
[14] For many are called, but few are chosen.
Exactly! Many are called, few are chosen, including among Christians.

1 Cor 1:
[2] Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
Being called to be a saint and being a saint are very different things. Even Paul says Christians are not saints!

While this is not what I like to hear, I sincerely hope you change your mind in accusing me. I have no desire to bicker and be your enemy.
I am not accusing you and I am not your enemy. I am trying to help you by telling you that you think you are saved when you really are not and if you don't acknowledge it, then you are digging your own grave. Now, if you are on this forum to hear what you like, fine by me. I won't waste any more time on you.

What we think has nothing to do with it, but rather judging rightly according to Scripture:
That's what the Pharisees were saying to Jesus and you should know how wrong they were.

Falling away from believing God is by falling away from obeying Him.
You have no idea what it means to obey God. It has nothing to do with obeying. The mere usage of this word is misleading.

So long as we keep our mindset on Scripture, then our minds will remain clear and free of all folly and unrighteousness.
God is infinite! No scripture and no mind can even understand Their will. Even if there weren't any mistakes and lies in the Bible, it would still be a summary, certainly not a comprehensive guide to God's will.

Degas

Mar 28, 2022
Lourdes, France
shaktilence.com
Faith
Christian
Country
France
Many people like to use Matthew 7:21-23. I love how in Matthew 7 it starts out with how if we judge others, we too ourselves will be judged with the equal measure.
I am not judging anyone. Jesus requested me to witness and I am trying to help those who are mistaken. I see you digging your own grave, I extend a hand to you and you insist that you are fine and that I am judging? Good for you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Being called to be a saint and being a saint are very different things. Even Paul says Christians are not saints!

Thank you for mentioning Christians and responding to your mention of people who call “themselves” by the Title of “Christian”.
* Jesus Himself, never mentioned the Title Christian; But instead revealed; the word;
“Converted”; By, Through, Of Him; is the express WAY of HOW, a man alive in his own flesh, who Chooses By the mans own FREEWILL, could BE MADE once and forever Assured to be Alive Forever WITH the Lord God Almighty.
* And such a man who freely chooses such Offered option:
Shall be called: * a son of God;
Shall be known among men: * as a saint.

Glory to God,
Taken

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not accusing you and I am not your enemy. I am trying to help you by telling you that you think you are saved when you really are not and if you don't acknowledge it, then you are digging your own grave. Now, if you are on this forum to hear what you like, fine by me. I won't waste any more time on you.

So don't write me off.

Tell me exactly how you know Im not saved.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So don't write me off.

Tell me exactly how you know Im not saved.
Sister if you feel the Spirit and love and believe in Christ and that he died for our sins, you are saved.

For God so loved the Earth that he gave his only begotten Son so whosoever believeth in him shall have everlasting life and not perish.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister if you feel the Spirit and love and believe in Christ and that he died for our sins, you are saved.

For God so loved the Earth that he gave his only begotten Son so whosoever believeth in him shall have everlasting life and not perish.

I believe the Word of God. But Im trying to see what his standard is.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what? It doesn't matter. Anyone who can't debate the topic and wants to bring in question people's salvation without explaining their position well Im just going to ignore.

Its not even worth getting upset over someone who has nothing edifying to say and has a false pretense of trying to "help" others.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what? It doesn't matter. Anyone who can't debate the topic and wants to bring in question people's salvation without explaining their position well Im just going to ignore.

Its not even worth getting upset over someone who has nothing edifying to say and has a false pretense of trying to "help" others.
I believe you are saved Wynona, your actions and posts prove it, you are a loving kind hearted person.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's what the Pharisees were saying to Jesus and you should know how wrong they were.

You have no idea what it means to obey God. It has nothing to do with obeying. The mere usage of this word is misleading.

God is infinite! No scripture and no mind can even understand Their will. Even if there weren't any mistakes and lies in the Bible, it would still be a summary, certainly not a comprehensive guide to God's will.
Being called to be a saint and being a saint are very different things.

True. Sinners are Christians not yet answering the call to be saints.

Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.

It's always easy to see someone grasping for excuses in one Scripture or another, by reading all Scripture together.

To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Even Paul says Christians are not saints!

True. Not all Christians are saints, but are still sinners.

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him,

I am trying to help you by telling you that you think you are saved when you really are not and if you don't acknowledge it, then you are digging your own grave.

To sinners, the only ones that can't possibly be saved are the saints. And so they must help the saints to be saved by going back into their old sins.

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Talk about ministering sin and the spirit of error.

"What we think has nothing to do with it, but rather judging rightly according to Scripture:"

The Pharisees were telling Jesus He needed to judge rightly according to Scripture? Actually, it was the other way around, with Jesus confirming Scripture to rebuke the traditional thoughts of religious men.

The difference between the saint and the sinner is the saints rightly dividing the word of truth, and the sinners thinking what they want, while twisting Scripture to justify themselves.

Ah, and now the descent into unintelligible sophistry. I've heard the lie that believing God has nothing to do with obeying God, but never obeying God has nothing to do with obeying God.

From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Once someone rejects the plain truth of Scripture, and goes about continually trying to justify themselves contrary to Scripture, they become someone who has no clue what they are talking about.

Well now, this explains all. Let someone talk long enough, and the truth comes out: This monkey's an unbeliever!

No wonder someone can say such foolish things against God, Scripture, and even the English language. There are more intelligent primates on earth than this monkey.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Once anyone rejects any Scripture as true, they reject all Scripture as true. Especially when they reject Scripture of doing righteousness as he is righteous.

The god of this world is close to infinite in his efforts to contradict Scripture of God.

And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Only a sinner without any sense of Scriptural truth would so doggedly claim to be a transgressing sinner against God.

Reactions: Wynona

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe this will help....

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Imputed righteousness of God is God reckoning one to be righteous in His sight.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

No man is righteous in sight of God that is not doing His righteousness.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

God's imputes righteousness only to them that believe to do His righteousness with the heart.

Abraham was imputed righteousness of God, because God say His faith in the heart of Abraham to do His will and produce a child with Sarah past age.

Sinners that believe in doing sins, do not believe in doing His righteousness, and so by their faith they are not imputed righteousness of God, but are imputed sins of the devil.

There is no imputed righteousness to unrighteous sinners, and the unrighteous who say and teach that they are righteous with God, are liars and false teachers:

Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, Wherein have we wearied him? When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them.

No unrighteous sinner is imputed God's righteousness, nor are good His sight.

Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.