Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool! All we need is a scripture that says....I mean actually says the words....Water baptism is optional.....or....Baptism is not necessary .... we were just kidding! or an update to Acts 2:38.

If you find the strength and courage to read beyond Acts you will find all you need. Not one mention of faith plus water baptism. After the cross everything changed. Do you still make sacrifices and take ceremonial baths or did you learn about those changes? Your so imbedded in your denominational belief statements you refuse to read the complete scriptures and the revelation given to Paul and the Apostles. Getting wet does not save you or get you any bonus points in Heaven. In fact the scriptures tell us over and over again there is nothing you can do to obtain salvation but have faith by accepting Gods free gift by his grace. Water baptism is a public confession of your faith. God does not need you to do anything to give him access to what is in your heart.

Romans 5:1 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Romans 3:28 - Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 4:5 - But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Galatians 5:6 - For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one is denying that receiving the Holy Spirit is part of Baptism....but you do not receive the Holy Spirit first.

My uncle, = my dads twin brother did!

My dad kept telling God.." You can't baptize him in the Spirit because 1) He has not yet been water baptized, 2) He still smokes a pipe .

God did it anyway, much to my fathers annoyance. :)

That was when I was in my 20's ...since then I have been very aware that God does what He wants, when He wants , and how He wants. And He doesn't check with us first! :D

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you find the strength and courage to read beyond Acts you will find all you need.
I know the Bible backward and foreword, thank you.

There is a lot of scriptures about baptism, they just call it Baptism because they don't think everyone is a imbecile.

Again go find a scripture that "actually says" water Baptism is not necessary.

There are scriptures that put it in motion, using water....baptism by water.

But no scriptures of someone being Baptized and they add, "And you don't need water!"

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My uncle, = my dads twin brother did!

My dad kept telling God.." You can't baptize him in the Spirit because 1) He has not yet been water baptized, 2) He still smokes a pipe .

God did it anyway, much to my fathers annoyance. :)

That was when I was in my 20's ...since then I have been very aware that God does what He wants, when He wants , and how He wants. And He doesn't check with us first! :D

Well you can't tell God what to do. LOL

But I would not make it a rule to set new people in the church in a corner waiting for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit first.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the Bible backward and foreword, thank you.

There is a lot of scriptures about baptism, they just call it Baptism because they don't think everyone is a imbecile.

Again go find a scripture that "actually says" water Baptism is not necessary.

There are scriptures that put it in motion, using water....baptism by water.

But no scriptures of someone being Baptized and they add, "And you don't need water!"
Find me a scripture by the Apostle Paul post revelation of the mystery, the Apostle to the Gentiles saying that water baptism is necessary. Water baptism was a works given to the Jews who believed that Jesus was the Messiah. Water baptism has nothing to do with salvation by Faith ALONE. It's not Faith + Water Baptism. I think you may be boosting of your water baptism works for your salvation. The scriptures are clear.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find me a scripture by the Apostle Paul post revelation of the mystery, the Apostle to the Gentiles saying that water baptism is necessary. Water baptism was a works given to the Jews who believed that Jesus was the Messiah. Water baptism has nothing to do with salvation by Faith ALONE. It's not Faith + Water Baptism. I think you may be boosting of your water baptism works for your salvation. The scriptures are clear.

Non-water baptism is not a tradition in Christianity, simple as that. Christ got baptized by water and there are examples of water baptisms and no scriptures that say water baptism is not necessary.

The Apostles new that there would be those of rebellious nature and explained what would happen to them....good luck.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the church fights about this because we have failed to recognize the difference between 'justification' and 'salvation'.
Justification is entirely on the basis of faith apart from works.
But no person will be saved when Jesus comes back who has not obeyed his commands, because willful disobedience to the commands of God, including getting water baptized, is nothing more than unbelief. And so, in that sense, works save us.
That's not a works gospel. But so many in the church can't see how that is not.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Non-water baptism is not a tradition in Christianity, simple as that. Christ got baptized by water and there are examples of water baptisms and no scriptures that say water baptism is not necessary.
Water baptism is a commandment of Christ for those who have ALREADY been saved. But it does not save anyone.

Reactions: Helen

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the church fights about this because we have failed to recognize the difference between 'justification' and 'salvation'.
Justification is entirely on the basis of faith apart from works.
But no person will be saved when Jesus comes back who has not obeyed his commands, because willful disobedience to the commands of God, including getting water baptized, is nothing more than unbelief. And so, in that sense, works save us.
That's not a works gospel. But so many in the church can't see how that is not.

And they call it rebellion.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's rich. When someone calls false doctrine the "meat" of God's Word, it's time to run!
I wish people would understand that the meat of the word is not the facts about Christianity, no matter how 'deep' they are, but rather the instruction about how to live for God in a "distinguishing good from evil" (Hebrews 5:14). Learning and living out passages of scripture about how to live for God is what it means to indulge the meat of the word. But so many of us think mere knowledge about the foundational facts of the faith is what constitutes knowing and eating the meat of the word.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism is a commandment of Christ for those who have ALREADY been saved. But it does not save anyone.
It does not justify you, making you righteous in God's sight, but obedience to God's commands (including the command to be water baptized) will certainly 'save' you from the wrath of God to come. Because obedience is the expression of your faith in God. Ultimately, willfully disobeying God's commands is nothing more than unbelief. And no Christ rejecting unbeliever will be saved when Jesus comes back.

Reactions: Cassandra

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Act 2:38 Ya know Christ said, Why do you call me Lord Lord and not do what I say.

Faith + repentance + baptism + the bread and wine ritual.....which one does what and when? Can we make a test where someone does not do one of these things and see what happens? Not me! Why not do what you are told to do and have faith that God knows what He is talking about.....anything less than that is rebellion.....to preach less than that is to preach a false Gospel of salvation and according to the Apostles is accursed.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Terribly sad, to have such an idea that The New Covenant Jesus Christ is not in effect yet!

When Jesus offered Himself upon His cross, and The Father raised Him from the dead, that sealed The New Covenant in His Blood for all... that believe on The Father through Him.

Only a devil would think The New Covenant has not begun yet today! It would mean we have NO remission of sins at all!

WELCOME TO MY IGNORE LIST KEITHR

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Faith + repentance + baptism + the bread and wine ritual.....which one does what and when?
Once you understand the difference between justification, sanctification, and glorification, all will become crystal clear. So it seems that you do not really understand justification by grace through faith. No one merits salvation, and no one maintains salvation. Salvation is of the Lord.

Reactions: Helen

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you find the strength and courage to read beyond Acts you will find all you need. Not one mention of faith plus water baptism. After the cross everything changed. Do you still make sacrifices and take ceremonial baths or did you learn about those changes? Your so imbedded in your denominational belief statements you refuse to read the complete scriptures and the revelation given to Paul and the Apostles. Getting wet does not save you or get you any bonus points in Heaven. In fact the scriptures tell us over and over again there is nothing you can do to obtain salvation but have faith by accepting Gods free gift by his grace. Water baptism is a public confession of your faith. God does not need you to do anything to give him access to what is in your heart.

Romans 5:1 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Romans 3:28 - Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 4:5 - But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Galatians 5:6 - For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

How was the thief on the cross next to Jesus saved? B water baptism or by faith?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Apostles new that there would be those of rebellious nature and explained what would happen to them....good luck.

Any community that ceases to Baptise, ceases to bear fruit for the Kingdom..

Pax et Bonum!

Reactions: Grailhunter

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How was the thief on the cross next to Jesus saved? B water baptism or by faith?
He most likely would of been one of the Jews who was water baptised, many were you know and that's why he had such faith. he was a seeking person to say what he did regardless. so he was not opposition to in fact.
No one can make a claim that he was not water baptised at all in fact.

All who call on the Name of Jesus Christ shall be saved ? that about that such a ones faith and faith has the power to grow ?
One who calls on the Name of Jesus Christ ? does not mean one who call on his Name like the ones who say lord lord ?
As Calls means they do so 24/7 abidingly in his name.
When one is water baptised by a Christian community your mum and dad and others have welcomed a baby into their Christian community, so that they will have the ability to repent Sins and the hope that such a one gets truly born again.

A lot of fools rant and rave about the pre Church Bible relation of some poor bastard, that reads the Word in the Bible and that it clicks that they have some faith in the word, to go forward and get water baptised, they are not Saved because they are water baptised but they are on the path that hopefully that they will be Saved = born again. Remember the parable of the sower ?

So I get this type all the time claiming that they got water baptised at some age because they wanted to. but the poor bastards were not baptised by their parents will, because they were bastards, only a bastard would not welcome their child into the Church, as that's what water baptism is about.

The Water baptism does give strength to a child regardless because they are in good hands. outside of that one has no direction.

I have seen all the ranting and raving of all types who outright fear to Baptise there Children or warn others not to do so, but they will have a Godless bastard naming party.
Over the years I have seen the works of such is a disgrace, in fact it's all Anti-Christ works, due to people do not have enough faith to truly believe in Jesus Christ to water baptise the Child.

Some truly fear the water baptism in fact and will do everything that they can, so it does not take place, a good mate of mines wife was like that and went off it's rocker about such, that that was the last thing she would want ever.

People are so strong about not water baptising children that a demon comes out of them ! it's like when you mention the name Jesus Christ you see the demon come out in them directly.

Did the Jews in the OT fear water baptism, No ! Who was it that stood over people on such issues ? a group that was trying every trick in the book to undermine God and lead the people astray in fact, for their bastard gods.

What did Jesus say about the little ones ? not to ? remember that.

Reactions: Truman