Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who believe that water baptism is necessary for salvation, what about all those who accepted Christ after a sermon by a Chaplin on ships during WWII only to die while storming the beaches? What about all the elderly and sick in hospitals who were preached the Gospel only days before death? You have just kicked out millions from the body of Christ. Water baptism and Communion are ordinances not means of salvation. You cannot do ANYTHING to merit salvation but have FAITH. The Apostle Paul makes this very very clear. You cannot reference scripture prior to the cross as a means of salvation. The cross changed everything. The Jews had a very difficult time accepting God's grace. I do not. Those who have Faith and serve our Lord are a changed person indwelled with the Holy Spirit. Seeking a righteous life not for salvation but out of our love for your Lord. The fruit of the Holy Spirit should be evident in our lives as believers and if it is not you must examine yourself. Set aside denomination mission statements, denominational beliefs and seek guidance by the Holy Spirit in reading the scriptures. Traditions of men are not reliable.

Lord Jesus can... save without water baptism, that's true, even for the malefactor crucified with Him that believed on Him.

HOWEVER..., Lord Jesus Himself got baptized setting the example... for us.

So if we have opportunity to get baptized we should do it, and leave the excuses for not doing it to those who are not able, like those on their deathbed, or a soldier in a trench who believes The Gospel after hearing it just before battle.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show where the Bible says “faith alone”
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36/38

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 11:6
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Water baptism, sacrifices, rituals, are all works and efforts by man to obtain salvation. Works are no longer necessary to have salvation. No verse post the gift of Gods grace says we must have faith and water baptism for salvation. If water baptism was necessary Man could boast. Man could say "Lord I was baptized by Paul or Peter or the Pope or the Duck Dynasty guys". It would take some work or effort of man too finish your salvation.

Reactions: Wrangler

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord Jesus can... save without water baptism, that's true, even for the malefactor crucified with Him that believed on Him.

HOWEVER..., Lord Jesus Himself got baptized setting the example... for us.

So if we have opportunity to get baptized we should do it, and leave the excuses for not doing it to those who are not able, like those on their deathbed, or a soldier in a trench who believes The Gospel after hearing it just before battle.

I think it is good to be baptized as a public confession of our faith, a testimony. There were many things done by those living under the law of Moses while Jesus was on earth but we must look at the scriptures and teachings inspired by the Holy Spirit after the cross. The cross changed our pathway to salvation. As a Jew Jesus also kept the law of Moses attending the Jewish festivals and many other things we do not do today as Christians. It is my belief we should take our direction from the scriptures taught by the Apostle Paul after Jesus reveled to him the dispensation of grace and message he was commanded to take to the Jews and Gentiles. We should not ignore that in the scripture. Jesus had a reason for the experience Paul had on the road to Damascus.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Promise of the father is a sacred oath or sacrament atcsc2:38-38 see ez 36:25-27

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? After the cross salvation was by faith alone and not works.

Do you know what works is? Do you know what you are talking about?

what about all those who accepted Christ after a sermon by a Chaplin on ships during WWII only to die while storming the beaches? What about all the elderly and sick in hospitals who were preached the Gospel only days before death?
Why do you call me Lord Lord and not to what I say? I do not have to explain....That will be up to Christ? All of people and all of the circumstances are up to Christ. If you don't do what you are told then it is between you and Christ. He knows the heart? The lifelong assassin that suddenly believes 3 seconds before a dump truck runs over him....That will be up to Christ. I do not recommend making it the normal process.

You have just kicked out millions from the body of Christ.

Please understand kicked out is not up to you and me?

Water baptism and Communion are ordinances not means of salvation.

Oh cool! You can be our test subject! Don't believe in the power of Baptism or just do not do it all together. Communion, Christ said what would happen to you, so you can read that and tell Him to kiss off yourself.

You cannot do ANYTHING to merit salvation but have FAITH.

Obedience of Christ is not considered a merit for salvation. If and only if you are Christian you will obey Christ. If and only if Christ is in you and you in Christ will you obey. The rest will be rebellious to the Word of God. As the Bible tells you there are going to be many that believe in Christ, but for some He will say, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ and these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Those who have Faith and serve our Lord are a changed person indwelled with the Holy Spirit.

To be a "changed person" you have to do what you are told to do. Or in the end you maybe asked why you were rebellious and disobedient. Once you are truly saved you should be a "changed person" you will know that you should be good and do good as Christ instructed. If not who's instruction are you following? Who are you obeying? Yourself?

The process of salvation is told to us....you can be rebellious....you can think that you know more and have more authority than God. Like I said you have the right to tell Him to kiss off! Or you can do as God instructed.

The fruit of the Holy Spirit should be evident in our lives as believers and if it is not you must examine yourself.

Exactly the fruits!!!!....Glad you brought that up! Obey and be good and do good. If you do not, Christ never knew you. Good fruit is not works.

Matthew 3:8 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Christians will be known by their fruits.
Matthew 7:16 and 20 Ye shall know them by their fruits....

Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The Word of God is given to Mankind to save them. But some of that Word falls on stubborn minds and rebellious hearts and yields no benefit.
Mark 4:7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded not fruit.

Luke 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance....

Luke 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

John 15:2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.

John 15:4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches; the one who remains in Me, and I in him bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

John 15:8 My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.

Romans 7:5 For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.

2nd Corinthians 9:10 Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful and works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory of God.

Philippians 4:17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

Colossians 1:6 which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth;

Worthy of the Lord
Colossians 1:10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Titus 3:14 Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful.

James 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.

2nd Peter 1:8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God fruits are not works....Obedience is not works.....being good and doing good is not works! Why do you call me Lord Lord and do not do what I say.....Be good and do good.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show where the Bible says “faith alone”
He's talking about this...

"to whom God credits righteousness apart from works" Romans 4:6

A man is made righteous entirely on the basis of faith, apart from the merit of works.
This is the truth that has eluded millions of Catholics through the centuries.

Reactions: Helen

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 11:6
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Water baptism, sacrifices, rituals, are all works and efforts by man to obtain salvation. Works are no longer necessary to have salvation. No verse post the gift of Gods grace says we must have faith and water baptism for salvation. If water baptism was necessary Man could boast. Man could say "Lord I was baptized by Paul or Peter or the Pope or the Duck Dynasty guys". It would take some work or effort of man too finish your salvation.

these refer to redemption not justification or salvation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
The holy church is the ark of grace and salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what works is? Do you know what you are talking about?

Why do you call me Lord Lord and not to what I say? I do not have to explain....That will be up to Christ? All of people and all of the circumstances are up to Christ. If you don't do what you are told then it is between you and Christ. He knows the heart? The lifelong assassin that suddenly believes 3 seconds before a dump truck runs over him....That will be up to Christ. I do not recommend making it the normal process.

Please understand kicked out is not up to you and me?

Oh cool! You can be our test subject! Don't believe in the power of Baptism or just do not do it all together. Communion, Christ said what would happen to you, so you can read that and tell Him to kiss off yourself.

Obedience of Christ is not considered a merit for salvation. If and only if you are Christian you will obey Christ. If and only if Christ is in you and you in Christ will you obey. The rest will be rebellious to the Word of God. As the Bible tells you there are going to be many that believe in Christ, but for some He will say, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ and these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

To be a "changed person" you have to do what you are told to do. Or in the end you maybe asked why you were rebellious and disobedient. Once you are truly saved you should be a "changed person" you will know that you should be good and do good as Christ instructed. If not who's instruction are you following? Who are you obeying? Yourself?

The process of salvation is told to us....you can be rebellious....you can think that you know more and have more authority than God. Like I said you have the right to tell Him to kiss off! Or you can do as God instructed.

Exactly the fruits!!!!....Glad you brought that up! Obey and be good and do good. If you do not, Christ never knew you. Good fruit is not works.

Matthew 3:8 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Christians will be known by their fruits.
Matthew 7:16 and 20 Ye shall know them by their fruits....

Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The Word of God is given to Mankind to save them. But some of that Word falls on stubborn minds and rebellious hearts and yields no benefit.
Mark 4:7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded not fruit.

Luke 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance....

Luke 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

John 15:2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.

John 15:4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches; the one who remains in Me, and I in him bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

John 15:8 My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.

Romans 7:5 For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were aroused by the Law, were at work in the members of our body to bear fruit for death.

2nd Corinthians 9:10 Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful and works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory of God.

Philippians 4:17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

Colossians 1:6 which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth;

Worthy of the Lord
Colossians 1:10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Titus 3:14 Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful.

James 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.

2nd Peter 1:8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God fruits are not works....Obedience is not works.....being good and doing good is not works! Why do you call me Lord Lord and do not do what I say.....Be good and do good.
Yes there are many evidences of a follower of Christ but those things are not a check list he or she must perform in order to obtain salvation. We are told over and over again that our salvation is by faith, a gift from God. You are saved by faith and then because of your "new man" your works out of love for your savior are evident. Your walk in faith does not start before you are saved, it starts after you are saved. The fruits of the Holy Spirit are evidence of your salvation. This is not difficult to understand. By Faith you are saved and you become a new person no longer seeking to satisfy the flesh but the Spirit which indwells you at the moment you are saved by faith. Many who are saved desire to be baptized, read the scriptures, have a active prayer life, witness and most of all love they neighbor. You do not perform a check list of things (works) to have salvation.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's talking about this...

"to whom God credits righteousness apart from works" Romans 4:6

A man is made righteous entirely on the basis of faith, apart from the merit of works.
This is the truth that has eluded millions of Catholics through the centuries.

Refers to the grace baptism

how do we put in Christ?

How do we get born again?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there are many evidences of a follower of Christ but those things are not a check list he or she must perform in order to
obtain salvation. We are told over and over again that our salvation is by faith, a gift from God. You are saved by faith and then because of your "new man" your works out of love for your savior are evident. Your walk in faith does not start before you are saved, it starts after you are saved. The fruits of the Holy Spirit are evidence of your salvation. This is not difficult to understand. By Faith you are saved and you become a new person no longer seeking to satisfy the flesh but the Spirit which indwells you at the moment you are saved by faith. Many who are saved desire to be baptized, read the scriptures, have a active prayer life, witness and most of all love they neighbor. You do not perform a check list of things (works) to have salvation.

it’s not a bible study but a covenant
Grace merited by Christ must be applied to our souls, this is fine by the sacraments of the church with the initiation being baptism

Faith and the sacraments in the church founded by the authority Christ on Peter and the apostles is biblical!

Faith and baptism is the biblical initiation into the new covenant and member is Christ and His holy church!
Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

You cannot enter a covenant by “faith alone” must be a ritual outward sign!
Faith and baptism! Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Merits of christ’s passion, death, and precious blood are applied in the sacraments! Jn 1:16

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27

Lk 1: 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9 why persecute me?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Sacraments are the fruit of the sacrifice!
The holy sacrifice of Christ, His passion, blood, and death producing unlimited fruits of divine grace, actual and sanctifying grace! Jn 1:29 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10

“This promise” (sacred oath of God or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism is an outward sign of the inward action of grace
A sacrament does what it signifies
Baptism washing

And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

and speaking to Saul who in baptism will become Paul!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Jesus did not come to baptize in water but with the Holy Spirit. Pentecost was day 1. When Paul met the disciples on the highway he didn't ask if they had been baptized in water. He asked if they have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. Paul himself told us that he did not come to baptize. Baptism as taught by John the Baptist was before the cross.

I believe that anyone who feels it necessary to be baptized in order to be saved is saying that the cross was not sufficient. Jesus's death was not enough. His sacrifices were not enough that man must contribute some ritual to make up for Jesus's inability. You can tell Christ that "Lord I know you died on the cross for my sins but it was not enough and I had to perform this water baptism ritual to complete what you could not" I don't think so.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not come to baptize in water but with the Holy Spirit. Pentecost was day 1. When Paul met the disciples on the highway he didn't ask if they had been baptized in water. He asked if they have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. Paul himself told us that he did not come to baptize. Baptism as taught by John the Baptist was before the cross.

I believe that anyone who feels it necessary to be baptized in order to be saved is saying that the cross was not sufficient. Jesus's death was not enough. His sacrifices were not enough that man must contribute some ritual to make up for Jesus's inability. You can tell Christ that "Lord I know you died on the cross for my sins but it was not enough and I had to perform this water baptism ritual to complete what you could not" I don't think so.

really matt 28:19-20

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism is an outward sign of the inward action of grace
A sacrament does what it signifies
Baptism washing

and speaking to Saul who in baptism will become Paul!
In Luke 7:50 Jesus did not tell the women to go be baptized. He told her she was saved by her faith. You will have to ask Jesus why he didn't tell her to be baptized.
Abraham was made righteous by his faith. No mention of him being baptized. If you add anything to faith for salvation its not just faith any longer.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really matt 28:19-20

I realize that certain man made denominations believe that. I can tell you if I had been saved by faith and I had an opportunity to publicly pronounce my salvation and faith by having Jesus Christ baptize me in water I would have raced to be in line. This does not tell us that water baptism is required for salvation. Many travel across the country today to be baptized by the Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson. I do not understand this. Not saying it's necessary wrong but it certainly does not finish your salvation. Jesus already did that.