Church Bashing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How often do you stand up in the middle of a church service and correct your pastor?

I would have stood up, Disagreed, Said Why, listened for his response. IF the Pastors response was to Defend his position, I would have EXPRESSLY turned my Back to him, and then Walked Out.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, my pastor was a little more subtle than to just come out and say that you are evil if you don't bless homosexuality. I can't remember his exact words.

Gotcha.
A smooth talker, that can make wickedness sound like you want to be the first in line to hop on the long black train.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I haven't vented on people I did report one person for repeatedly bashing the Catholic church as it is a denomination. I read the rules I guess and expect people to play the game by the rules.
It seems to me that there are quite a few people who don't think rules apply to them!

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the church you attend encourages your wife to divorce despite not being unequally yoked then there is a problem in the church. when the church you attend houses pedophiles who abuse children then there is a problem in the church. When the church you attend casts out the poor and ones who do not put money in the offering plate there is a problem in the church. When someone who smells a little funny or looks a little different is ostracized in the church, then there is a problem in the church. When the church preaches astral projection, new age Spiritism, Necromancy, astrology then there is a problem in the church. When the leadership of the church is full of freemasons who are infiltrating the doctrines of the church, there is a problem in the church. When Homosexuality, and fornication and transgenderism are tolerated there is a problem in the church. When Humanism is taught instead of Christianity there is a problem in the church. I Have seen or experienced all these things in the churches I have attended and the ones who try to correct these problems in their own church are ousted, so yes, there is a serious problem in Western Christianity that does not include all the things that @amigo de christo mentioned in his comments here.

I Dare any here to read Ezekiel 8 and then Ezekiel 16. To this day the Rabbi's avoid these chapters like the plague. When these happen to an institutional church God raises a Holy Remnant unto himself who will not tolerate the the whoredoms those churches fall into, just like Israel did, and tell them to "come out of here my people".

God bless.
You definitely need to find a different church!!

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that there are quite a few people who don't think rules apply to them!

Much love!
Yes unfortunately I've noticed the same thing. The rules are here to allow us to engage in civil conversations and not be attacked because of our denomination. And that unfortunately isn't happening.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People just say that because of the bad churches that dirty God's image.
Just so.

And also it's an excuse to not assemble with other believers where you may have to be genuine.

Jesus said if you seek you will find, and I'm of the mind that He's right, especially when we are talking about something He told us to do.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think you’d be hard pressed to find any gathering or denomination that doesn’t have some harmful doctrine. But try to talk about it and you’ll be awful sorry you dared to touch the idols of their fathers!
No one is perfect.

But instead of finding fault, why not lead the better way?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not disagree. I have no problem with pointing out false doctrine. And frankly, no one is saying tou can't bash churches... Just don't complain when they hit back.
And my complaint here is overgeneralization.

If a church is promoting sin, call them on it! But don't just say . . . "churches bad!" As some do.

Much love!

Reactions: FHII and dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the one that says men are born immortal when they aren’t and how it breeds unmercifulness, and makes it appear some men are more merciful than God.
How do you figure that?

OH. I get it. You disapprove of God's punishment of sin.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the church preaches astral projection, new age Spiritism, Necromancy, astrology then there is a problem in the church. When the leadership of the church is full of freemasons who are infiltrating the doctrines of the church, there is a problem in the church. When Homosexuality, and fornication and transgenderism are tolerated there is a problem in the church. When Humanism is taught instead of Christianity there is a problem in the church. I Have seen or experienced all these things in the churches I have attended and the ones who try to correct these problems in their own church are ousted, so yes, there is a serious problem in Western Christianity

And when someone paints a church that does not fit your description of evil as though they did, that is VERY WRONG. Slanderous, evil.

And that is what this thread is about.

Who's work is that?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Independence as a mindset is unchristian. Everything is dependant upon something, or someone else. There is an obligation to others when in a community of believers... To care for one another, support one another, encourage and establish long term relationships in order to fulfill the challenges of....
Bingo!!!

Much love!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard enough generalized church bashing to last the rest of my life.

God tells us that if we create division in the body of Christ, be warned, if you destroy God's temple, He will destroy you.

Jesus said, Upon this rock I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

But how many have a heard declare, "Western Christianity is a failure", "the church has become corrupt", on and on it goes.

Well, I have a couple of responses. First of which, if this is your experience, find a new church to attend! Seek until you find faithful believers. They are there. God will lead you to them.

Secondly, how in the world do you know what my church is like? Simple answer. You don't. So why make out like it's all so rotten? Does that make you feel better to sit over all of Christendom in judgment? Think about it.

And thirdly, who are you helping in telling everyone there isn't any good church anywhere? Why not be good church?

OK, I could go on, but, rant over.

Much love!
Are you talking about the church of 3000 at Pentecost that obeyed Peter per Acts 2:38 or some other "church"?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've attended many churches. But once they find out that I live under threat, I get shunned, avoided, and eventually booted. They don't want to associate with me or offer any kind of actual friendship or prayer/support. So I don't get to stay in a church/group very long. It's not me who is fearful..... and I don't see God saying I am not part of "the church" because my brothers and sisters are afraid to know or look at what I deal with.
I've known various churches you would not be rejected in. My most recent church seemed to have a knack for collecting "unusual" people. Maybe that's why I was a good fit!

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you talking about the church of 3000 at Pentecost that obeyed Peter per Acts 2:38 or some other "church"?
I'm talking about the various assemblies of members of the body of Christ. Revile them at your own risk.

Much love!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking about the various assemblies of members of the body of Christ. Revile them at your own risk.

Much love!
If someone skips Acts 2:38, he is not in the body of Christ.

He is in a "Christian club".

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be hard. Just be careful. You can sometimes turn into whoever you hang around and believing the Truth is of utmost importance.
I agree. We are instructed not to be unequally yoked. I believe that applies to all relationships. In order to be yoked there has to be an agreement.

Reactions: Mayflower

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To teach the letter is to be a lawyer. It brings death. To teach the spirit of the word is life!!
So it can make you cranky to be told you have to be under a man somewhere who teaches the outside of the cup. All the credentials are in place but he has no unction. He does not know the spirit of the word because God has not yet taught him this.
If you think yourself above it all, you will not submit.

Much love!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've known various churches you would not be rejected in. My most recent church seemed to have a knack for collecting "unusual" people. Maybe that's why I was a good fit!

Much love!
I've been told this before ...so far, this is one thing they haven't been able to handle.