Church Bashing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the reasons I believe in purgatory. 'God's speed' is closer to ALAP than immediately. Clearly, people die before they are fully sanctified, cup fully cleaned.

It's an interesting question, and something I've thought about a lot, the differences between us here, and in the resurrection.

Clearly, some of us, myself, have spent, and will spend far less of our lives in pursuing the Godly way than have so many others, and I am certain our rewards are not equal!

When I study such things, I come to two conclusions, concerning crowns and glory.

Crowns illuminate God's glory in us internally, if you will. The "crown of rejoicing", this is being crowned with rejoicing, "You ARE my crown of rejoicing in the presence of the Lord!" The joy we feel as we gather to God with our beloveds. The crown of life, being crowned WITH life, like that. The joy and beauty and glory of the inner life we live in our resurrection, all received in Christ, and we will all be the same, in Christ, bedazzled endlessly by God's kindness towards us in Christ.

And concerning glory, one of my bedrock passages is Daniel 12, in the resurrection, "those who are wise will shine as the brightness of the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness as the stars of heaven forever".

1 Corinthians 15:40-41 KJV
40) There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41) There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

Those who devote more towards Godliness, and those who sacrifice more for others will shine with more glory than will I. It's a sobering thought to me to consider that my faithfulness to God, or lack thereof, will be seen in my shine throughout eternity, and I simply look to Him for mercy and grace to drag what remains of my life from it's ruins, into whatever it can be in His hands.

May we be wise! And may we turn many to righteousness! In Christ we are righteous, let us put on that new man, and live in righteousness.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly, some of us, myself, have spent, and will spend far less of our lives in pursuing the Godly way than have so many others, and I am certain our rewards are not equal!

Are you sure? In the parable the men who came late were given the same pay as those who worked all day…

Reactions: Lambano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure? In the parable the men who came late were given the same pay as those who worked all day…
And one earned 5 talents, and one earned 2 talents . . .

Am I sure of how things will be in the resurrection? No, I'm not. I'm just holding onto Jesus.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, I was looking for that book! Same author as "How to conquer your sin in only 21 days", right?

Um, it's not for myself. It's for a friend. Yeah, that's it.
I can tell you how to conquer your sin in a moment, but to be fair, I need to warn you, you have to keep repeating it moment by moment.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be confused about two separate parables. No one earned any talents. They were given for stewardship.
I was thinking of this one . . .

Matthew 25:20-23 KJV
20) And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22) He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23) His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

So maybe I should have said "gained", or "added", rather than "earned".

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So maybe I should have said "gained", or "added", rather than "earned".
The talents were entrusted to the servants so that the would produce results -- a profit for the owner. And that is why the man who simply hid his talent was condemned. At the very least it should have been deposited in a bank to earn interest. So the lesson for Christians is that we are to make the most of our spiritual gifts, talents, and opportunities in serving God and Christ. They are not to be hidden away and lie dormant.

Reactions: marks