"Church pastors" where are you???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If someone caused a woman to have a miscarriage it was the same as murder

NO!! The penalty for causing a miscarriage was that the offender had to pay a fine; sort of like getting a parking ticket. The fetus was unimportant, but if the woman was injured then the 'eye for an eye' law applied.

This is one of many Scriptural passages that causing an abortion was merely considered an inconvenience.

So . . . just provide a single passage of Scripture that says abortion is wrong.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO!! The penalty for causing a miscarriage was that the offender had to pay a fine; sort of like getting a parking ticket. The fetus was unimportant, but if the woman was injured then the 'eye for an eye' law applied.

This is one of many Scriptural passages that causing an abortion was merely considered an inconvenience.

So . . . just provide a single passage of Scripture that says abortion is wrong.

Don't hide from truth!!! Exodus 21:22 22If men who are fighting strike a pregnant woman and her child is born prematurely, but there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband demands and as the court allows. 23"""But if a serious injury results, then you must require a life for a life—"""…

Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It was the fact that she miscarried that initiated the fine. Exodus 21;22

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stand up for truth and life and shout from the roof tops that the shameful, evil, abomination of abortion is MURDER of the most innocent of life!!!

Everything you say here is an attack on Scripture and the English language, i.e common sense.

The BIBLE declares that a fetus is not a living being. The BIBLE says that "Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being." Gen 2:7. One only becomes a living being after exiting the womb.

Those who oppose abortion, also oppose God and Scripture, which means that this whole abortion nonsense comes from Satan.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, which proves that a fetus is not a living being, or the one who cause the abortion would be executed.

Read again slowly===23"""But if a serious injury results, then you must require a life for a life—"""…

Reactions: RLT63

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
praises God for his personal knowledge of man when he pens Psalm 139.

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.

“I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written.”

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what kind of cult you are promoting, but it certainly has nothing to do with Scripture. So if it is not of God, then where do these lies and dedication to twisting Scripture along with the English language? These lies must come from Satan!!

Where in the Bible does it say "Thou shalt not have an abortion"?? It doesn't!!

Where in the Bible is abortion not only approved but demanded??

Where in the Bible are we ever told to destroy personal freedom of others, and allow Satanic cult to take you prisoner.

So are you Taliban, or what??
Here is what the Bible says:

Exodus 21:22-25
If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman’s husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."
Indeed, it is a "fight" and "harm follows." And if this is the punishment for accidental harm, how much worse will it be for that which is done intentionally?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is what the Bible says:

Exodus 21:22-25
If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman’s husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe."
Indeed, it is a "fight" and "harm follows." And if this is the punishment for accidental harm, how much worse will it be for that which is done intentionally?

That is a matter of assault upon an unwilling participant. It has nothing to do with a woman's choice to have an abortion.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
praises God for his personal knowledge of man when he pens Psalm 139.

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.

“I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written.”

No big deal! God in His foreknowledge knew who would be born, and who wouldn't. I know a number of women upon whom God has aborted their fetus. It's called a miscarriage/abortion.

If causing an abortion is evil, then you are declaring God to be evil!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First of all, abortion is not murder. Murder is the unlawful taking of life.
Since the lives of infants and babies is in fact taken UNLAWFULLY, that is in fact murder. Just because a fiction was created by the Supreme Court of the United States does not mean that it is true. Every abortion is infanticide, and blacks consider the abortion of black babies (the majority of abortions) as genocide.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No big deal! God in His foreknowledge knew who would be born, and who wouldn't. I know a number of women upon whom God has aborted their fetus. It's called a miscarriage/abortion.

If causing an abortion is evil, then you are declaring God to be evil!
By your statement you make God a mass murderer. If he is responsible for miscarriages then he is responsible for cancer, heart attacks, HIV, and old age. He murders everyone eventually according to your statement

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are very humble too I see.
Why should I be humble concerning the gifts God has given me.

Now, setting aside your gift for insulting people, as a way of distracting from the issue at hand, which you cannot answer.

Still waiting for a scrap of Scripture that says "thou shalt not have an abortion". Your avoidance smoke screen is obvious. The ability to answer is above your pay grade.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By your statement you make God a mass murderer. If he is responsible for miscarriages then he is responsible for cancer, heart attacks, HIV, and old age. He murders everyone eventually according to your statement

No, you are the one who is declaring God to be not only a mass murderer but a liar. God says that one does not become a living being until God breathes into the fetus the Breath of Life. You are declaring God to be a liar! You seem to hate the God of the Bible. May YOUR god bless you abundantly!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are the one who is declaring God to be not only a mass murderer but a liar. God says that one does not become a living being until God breathes into the fetus the Breath of Life. You are declaring God to be a liar! You seem to hate the God of the Bible. May YOUR god bless you abundantly!
Can you post the scriptures that say this? Adam was not a fetus.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you post the scriptures that say this? Adam was not a fetus.

Yeah . . Adam was made of clay, and so are we all, as confirmed by Job:

“Behold, I belong to God like you;
I too have been formed out of the clay."
“The Spirit of God has made me,

Yup! God was still making people from clay in Job's time, and he goes on to re-confirm saying that:

"the Breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33

"Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
For as long as life is in me,
And the ***breath of God is in my nostrils"*** Job 27

I am still awaiting a single scrap of Scripture that forbids abortion.