"Church pastors" where are you???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus: A Baby at Conception= regarding the conception of Jesus, Matthew 1:20 says, “But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, ‘Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.’” The fact that the angel tells Joseph that “the Child who has been conceived” is “of the Holy Spirit” indicates that Jesus certainly was a person at the moment of conception.

Your quote “the Child who has been conceived” does not come from Scripture. It was taken from a paraphrase.

Real Scripture reads: "for that which has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit." The word "Child" is not found in the original.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your quote “the Child who has been conceived” does not come from Scripture. It was taken from a paraphrase.

Real Scripture reads: "for that which has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit." The word "Child" is not found in the original.

ROFL!!! What do you say Mary conceived if not the child Jesus??

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 1:20
New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update

aJoseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for 1the Child who has been 2conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

No big deal. They saw the error of their ways, and corrected it in the 1997 edition to say "do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for that which has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit."

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No big deal. They saw the error of their ways, and corrected it in the 1997 edition to say "do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for that which has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit."

Think!!! What do you say Mary conceived== the child Jesus!!!!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a view. I go strictly by what the Bible says, without adding any of Satan's lies to create false teaching.

1. There is no law in Scripture forbidding abortion.

2. Under Levitical Law the priests are appointed as abortionists, and are to abort any fetus conceived via an adultress relationship with a person not her husband.

3. In answer to prayers of Hosea, God decimated the tribe of Ephraim almost to the point of extinction via perpetual abortions. No Tribe of Ephraim in the 144,000.
Is Numbers 5:11-31 referring to God causing an abortion? What was the jealousy offering? | GotQuestions.org

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Think!!! What do you say Mary conceived== the child Jesus!!!!
Mary became pregnant . . . Which means that the Bible forbids abortion?? If that’s what it means you, then don’t have an abortion, Your body. Your choice. Just don’t try to take control of MY body.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I have no idea what you are talking about, nor am I interested the 'Gospel According to Gotquestions" That which is written in Scripture is very clear to me, and not in need of interpretation from an evil spirit. The Bible says:

"But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— here the priest is to put the woman under this curse— “may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” Numbers 5:20-22 NIV

That's not very difficult to understand.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what you are talking about, nor am I interested the 'Gospel According to Gotquestions" That which is written in Scripture is very clear to me, and not in need of interpretation from an evil spirit. The Bible says:

"But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— here the priest is to put the woman under this curse— “may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” Numbers 5:20-22 NIV

That's not very difficult to understand.
The translators of the NIV took great liberty with their interpretation of what the scriptures actually say. Your belly swelling and thigh rotting are not the equivalent of a miscarriage. Read just about any other version Numbers 5:20-22

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary became pregnant . . . Which means that the Bible forbids abortion?? If that’s what it means you, then don’t have an abortion, Your body. Your choice. Just don’t try to take control of MY body.
Is someone trying to stop you from having an abortion?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Face the truth!!==Can't you answer??? Think!!! What do you say Mary conceived if not a child????

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a pile of crap!! In an abortion/miscarriage, shedding of blood is that of the mother. And the mother sheds innocent blood on a monthly basis. Are you saying that shedding of blood during the menstrual cycle is evil? Duh! you are purposely twisting Scripture.

Okay, I am satisfied that no one here can provide ANY Scriptural prohibition of abortion.

Maybe it is time to move on from the Satanic anti-abortion cult nonsense to Biblical Law. Levitical law demands that a fetus be aborted under certain circumstances and that the Levitical priests were the authorized abortionists who were to perform such abortions.
You compliment yourself with the baby's blood you omitted. God is not mocked.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The denominal church pastors and its ppl have FAILED GOD IN STANDING UP WITH HIS WORD!

We have failed INDIVIDUALLY also to take a stand against Satan in our church buildings, our communities and among our state. It's at the smaller levels we defeat ignorance, arrogance, and the power of man. Jesus said a little LEAVEN leaveneth the whole loaf!

We have sat as Eli the prophet in Samuel and grown fat !
Content with the blessings of God and his benefits and riches toward us. Let us pray that we DONT FALL BACKWARDS AND BREAK OUR NECKS AS ELI DID !

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Planned Parenthood Annual Report Shows It Killed 383,000 Babies in Abortions, More Than Ever Before
National | Steven Ertelt | Sep 9, 2022 | 6:27PM | Washington, DC
Planned Parenthood kills one baby in an abortion every 82 seconds.

Meanwhile, the “nonprofit” abortion business made more money than every before — bringing in $1,714.4 billion income, aided in part by $633.4 million in taxpayer dollars.
Pastors seem to be getting burned out. :(

Pastors battle skyrocketing burnout amid politics, pandemic: 'Wearing on the soul'

Pastors battle skyrocketing burnout amid politics, pandemic: 'Wearing on the soul'

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When my mother became preggers with me out of wedlock in 1948, it was such a heinous social crime in those days that many women had abortions to cover it up so the neighbours wouldn't talk, and her friends and family would probably have said "oh well it was for the best" and wouldn't have minded.
But if my mother had aborted me, I might have minded..:)

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Face the truth!!==Can't you answer??? Think!!! What do you say Mary conceived if not a child????

You seem to have a problem with understanding the English language. That which is in the womb is not a child, it is a fetus!

“fetus: an unborn or unhatched offspring of a mammal, in particular an unborn human more than eight weeks after conception.” Oxford

Your theology seems to be based. Upon not only Scripture, but the English language as well! Nothing novel in that approach to theology. The Apostle Peter was familiar with it his day:

“Some parts of his [Paul’s] letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort,h as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.” 2 Peter 3