• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the same for the law, the prophets, and the rest of the books mean to you?
You have to go to the Hebrew buddy boy
Yeah, the Hebrew was written in Hebrew, but the Septuagint never was--it was always a translation. Like I said, you don't think.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, the Hebrew was written in Hebrew, but the Septuagint never was--it was always a translation. Like I said, you don't think.
So called Jesus name is spoken in the Old Testament , in Hebrew. But you haven’t done enough reading and referencing to the original Hebrew manuscripts

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No , salvation is only according to the house of Israel. According to the gospel
Deuteronomy 32
21They have made me jealous with what is no god; they have provoked me to anger with their idols.
So I will make them jealous with those who are no people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

1 John 5
10... whoever does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar...

Osiris : "God, You will not get another people for Yourself--You are lying, You liar."
Doesn’t say salvation is for everyone or other people now. Try again.
1. Does God get a non-Jewish people? When? What does that look like?
2. You clearly don't understand what it means for God to get another people--it means they are faithful, devoted to Him. If you think people who are faithful to God are not "saved" but still "under wrath" you don't understand what brings wrath on people.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: did Christ speak Hebrew or Greek? Also did he teach in Hebrew or Greek? And what language was the book of Moses written in.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So called Jesus name is spoken in the Old Testament , in Hebrew. But you haven’t done enough reading and referencing to the original Hebrew manuscripts
"Everyone and their momma" knows about the Hebrew language version of His Name--it's still novel to you, so you think it's fun to play with it.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: did Christ speak Hebrew or Greek? Also did he teach in Hebrew or Greek? And what language was the book of Moses written in.
Better question (which you've been confronted with many times already but always cowered and never answered) : did Paul not tell people to call on the Name of "Iesous"?

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 32
21They have made me jealous with what is no god; they have provoked me to anger with their idols.
So I will make them jealous with those who are no people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

1 John 5
10... whoever does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar...

Osiris : "God, You will not get another people for Yourself--You are lying, You liar."

1. Does God get a non-Jewish people? When? What does that look like?
2. You clearly don't understand what it means for God to get another people--it means they are faithful, devoted to Him. If you think people who are faithful to God are not "saved" but still "under wrath" you don't understand what brings wrath on people.
It doesn’t say he will get another people you are reading that in to the text. It’s say I will provoke you to anger with a foolish nation. And biblically surely oppression make a wise man mad

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Everyone and their momma" knows about the Hebrew language version of His Name--it's still novel to you, so you think it's fun to play with it.
It’s more than that and clearly you put no weight on the name of my lord so this conversation is done

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn’t say he will get another people you are reading that in to the text. It’s say I will provoke you to anger with a foolish nation. And biblically surely oppression make a wise man mad
Yeah, they drove God to jealousy by getting themselves another god... He is responding in kind, driving them to jealousy by getting Himself another people.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better question (which you've been confronted with many times already but always cowered and never answered) : did Paul not tell people to call on the Name of "Iesous"?
No he did not. It’s a translation. From Hebrew to Greek.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, they drove God to jealousy by getting themselves another god... He is responding in kind, driving them to jealousy by getting Himself another people.
He says they're "foolish" because they don't have Torah--"[Torah] will be your wisdom".

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not what it say. Goodbye. Try again.
Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
I love Paul he is my brother a so called black man to you.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He says they're "foolish" because they don't have Torah--"[Torah] will be your wisdom".
What is the Torah? The book of Moses written in Hebrew. Which Christ read out off. Which is the law and the commandments of god. Again you are inserting into the text and ignoring Romans 11:1

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s not what it say. Goodbye. Try again.
To your low-resolution mind it doesn't--to everyone else, including Paul, we see a different story :

Deuteronomy 32:21
They have made me jealous with what is no god; they have provoked me to anger with their idols. So I will make them jealous with those who are no people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

God relates as God to a people.
His people violate the relationship--they get another god making Him jealous.
God responds in kind, violating the relationship--gets another people making them jealous.

Romans 11
13Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry 14in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them.

Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin
Many Jews were rejected...
Romans 11
15For if their rejection...
...only the believing Jews (like Paul) were not.

I love Paul he is my brother a so called black man to you.
1. I've already debunked that myth for you here in this thread (here for instance).
2. Paul is my brother, too--same father Abraham, "father of many nations" Romans 4.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the Torah? The book of Moses written in Hebrew. Which Christ read out off. Which is the law and the commandments of god. Again you are inserting into the text and ignoring Romans 11:1
You, but of course, are missing the point : the nation God would get for Himself in order to answer in kind to His peoples' unfaithfulness would be non-Jewish.