Co- Redemptrix

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
how do you or will you defend Isa 48:8 and in particular Ps 51:5 = behold I was shapen in inquity, a sinner from the moment of conception - twinc
defend what, the truth while you still hold on to your idols, We are not born sinners, we are born into a sinful flesh. Of course if you desire God to send all unborn children to hell, than please go demand He do,

Reactions: Godssrvr

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need revelation as to what The Holy Spirits role was in 'coming upon her'( Mary ), but if He had entered and stayed then, there would have been no reason for Jesus to receive Him at His baptism.
Without understanding of this new creation, there would not be much point trying to get all those things across on a medium such as this, so I won't even try...I have much to learn still and am hungry for all of Him, but thankfully He has helped me to begin to understand who I am IN HIM, praise Him forever more...
The scripture doesn't specifically say that Jesus received the Holy Spirit at His baptism, but that John saw Him descend like a dove and rest upon the Lord. I think that it's taken for granted that this was an anointing which initiated Jesus's ministry to the Jews and the lost sheep of Israel, but in the case of John the Baptist, the anointing of Jesus by the Holy Spirit was for a sign to him, by his own words, revealing the "greater one" who was to come. The scripture doesn't tell us enough to know if Jesus was filled with the Spirit before His baptism, but we do have the story of His visit to the temple as a boy which reveals that He already had knowledge of the Torah and was aware that He had to be about His Father's business (which suggests that the Holy Spirit was already active in His life.)

Reactions: Triumph1300

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom. 3:23

She is special because she is the mother of Jesus.
God intervened at her conception. It took centuries of prayer and reflection for this doctrine to develop from it's original seedling form; it was always there from the beginning.
Where does scripture say that Mary was spared from sin? Centuries of prayer and reflection are not validation for a doctrine. God's word is truth and what we see in the gospels is Jesus pointedly referring to His mother as a "woman" to clarify that she was no different from any other since Eve was formed from Adam's side. Mary was highly favored because she was chosen to bear the child Jesus. In that act God honored her faith.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is only in Italy.
Never mind other countries:

Catholic Church sex abuse scandals around the world

https://www.thelocal.it/20160303/hundreds-of-italian-paedophile-priests-outed-in-shocking-map

Yes, I know BOL, these are all lies.
Hi Triumph,

The headline should read and the story should be Church leader sex abuse scandals around the world.

Sadly these scandals happen far to often and just as often (statistically more often) in Non-Catholic churches. NO CHURCH gets a pass on these sins.

With that said, it should never happen.

Respectfully, Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poor response, BOL

I think you'r cracking up.
You did a lot better a few days ago.
But I guess you'r running out of excuses.
Go to the other forums, maybe you do better there.
The only thing "poor" about my response is that you were completely ignorant about the actual statistics regarding child molestation in Protestant circles.

Do a little reading . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your response is as dim as the previous. Born is born, which is what scripture says. Grow up and stop telling lies.
No - you're not created at birth, Einstein.
Maybe you should get a new mantra . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The statement you just uttered is blasphemous!!! What arrogance and audacity!!! Who gave you the authority to change what God has stipulated in His word?

God said that both Jews and Gentiles are all under sin: As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understand: they are all gone out of the way: they are together become unprofitable, there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3

For all have sinned and come short to the glory of God. Romans 3:23

...and so, death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. Romans 5:12

According to the Scriptures above, by definition and without exception, including Mary as well, all are sinners. Therefore, to become saved we need a Savior and that is the picture Mary illustrated in her Magnificat. She too needed a Savior. She stands on the same ground with all children of God

When we went to grade school, did our teacher give us a French book to study English? No! Likewise, to learn the things of God, we consult the Bible as it is the ultimate sourcebook of truth. Or, not any other books, or commentaries. Don’t get me wrong. Commentaries are a “help” only if the writer is faithful to the Word. And, not because he has a doctorate signature in front of or after his name, for his best work is still tainted by sin no matter how holy the text may seem, or that, the writer has a good reputation. This is the reasons I don’t read commentaries or in man’s traditions, for fear that if I read something about the things of God, did it come from the Bible or in other sources. If it’s not in the Bible, God did not say or do it!
Soooo, infants, severely retarded people and Jesus are ALL guilty of sin?
YOU said there were NO exceptions.

Finally - my English Teacher didn't give us a French book - and neither did Jesus leave us with a Book as our sole Authority.
He left us with a CHURCH, to which He gave Supreme Authority (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

Reactions: LoverofChrist

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - you're not created at birth, Einstein.
Maybe you should get a new mantra . . .
Is there anyone out there that can translate for this kid? Every soul born again in Christ is a new creation. Maybe if you stopped telling God that He meant something other than what He said, you might gain some modicum of understanding.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo, infants, severely retarded people and Jesus are ALL guilty of sin?
YOU said there were NO exceptions.

Here is the error of the understandings and interpretations of your dear church!

Scripture do teach all have sinned and come short to the glory of God, meaning without exceptions, and including the statement, you’ve said above. This was also uttered by Kepha31 in post #1040!

Psalm 58:3-6 reads:

3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies,
4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
5 Which will not harken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.
6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O Lord.

How many times do I have to refute your doctrines by scriptures??? And all you have done in response is give opinions by the traditions of men.!!!

Finally - my English Teacher didn't give us a French book - and neither did Jesus leave us with a Book as our sole Authority.
He left us with a CHURCH, to which He gave Supreme Authority (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

FYI, God told Moses, Jeremiah, and Paul to write down His Word in a Book. Guess what Book this is? You are correct, it is called the Bible and it had be read in the congregations!

This Holy Book was written long before there ever was a CC. Without this Book there would not have been any congregations. It’s like saying, what came first the chicken or the egg?

You are full of animosity towards those who disagree with you. In contrast, unlike Kepha31 who is a lot smarter than you, is mellow and just keeps going on defending his faith although he too has many wrong doctrines.

I say this kindly and with love, before making comments be sure you know what you are saying to avoid conflicts.

To God Be The Glory

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the error of the understandings and interpretations of your dear church!

Scripture do teach all have sinned and come short to the glory of God, meaning without exceptions, and including the statement, you’ve said above. This was also uttered by Kepha31 in post #1040!

Psalm 58:3-6 reads:

3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies,
4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
5 Which will not harken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.
6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O Lord.

How many times do I have to refute your doctrines by scriptures??? And all you have done in response is give opinions by the traditions of men.!!!
And you can't understand that this is speaking metaphorically??
How
many newborn babies "speak lies"?? How many "speak" anything for that matter??

Your problem is that you are a Scriptural literalist, which is a beginner's blunder.

Is God a bird??
Several verses talk about Him having "wings" (Psalm 91:4, Deut. 32:11, Psalm 17:8, Psalm 36:7).

Does God have a nose??
The Bible says that he parted the sea with a "blast of His nostrils" (Exod. 15:8).

Stop quoting Scripture until you understand what it means . . .
FYI, God told Moses, Jeremiah, and Paul to write down His Word in a Book. Guess what Book this is? You are correct, it is called the Bible and it had be read in the congregations!

This Holy Book was written long before there ever was a CC. Without this Book there would not have been any congregations. It’s like saying, what came first the chicken or the egg?

You are full of animosity towards those who disagree with you. In contrast, unlike Kepha31 who is a lot smarter than you, is mellow and just keeps going on defending his faith although he too has many wrong doctrines.

I say this kindly and with love, before making comments be sure you know what you are saying to avoid conflicts.

To God Be The Glory
The Bible doesn't say that.

First of all - God didn't tell those men to write everytibng down in a "Book."
Paul
wrote letters which were inspired - and they later were added to a collection of Books which were declared to be Scripture - by the Catholic Church in the 4th century.

Secondly - the word "Bible" is found NOWHERE in ALL of Scripture.

Thirdly, there was no "Bible" to speak of until the Holy Spirit led the Catholic Church to compile and declare the Canon of Scripture at the end of the 4th century. You really need to study your history . . .[/QUOTE]

Reactions: LoverofChrist

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anyone out there that can translate for this kid? Every soul born again in Christ is a new creation. Maybe if you stopped telling God that He meant something other than what He said, you might gain some modicum of understanding.
The Bible tells us that we are created at CONCEPTION - not birth (Jer. 1:5).
YOU have the mindset of most abortionists . . .

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
"Firstborn" in Colossians 1:15 doesn't have anything to do with the order of creation, but refers to the legal right as inheritor; Jesus is the inheritor of all creation. Those that receive the Spirit of adoption become co-inheritors with Him.

Which, requires one to read that into the text. It can not be seen in the pshat reading.

Further, does an "inheritor" return the "inheritance"?

1Co 15:24b when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father

The Spirit upon Moses was an annointing Jesus placed upon Him so he was able to give prophecy and use the wisdom of God in applying God's word to legal disputes. Jesus placed this annointing upon the 70 elders to give them the same ability to use wisdom in legal disputes and remove some of the burden from Moses. see Numbers 11:17

Yet, it remains, that some of the Spirit that was upon Moses, was "taken" in order to "put" it upon the seventy. So it was not just "burden" that was "taken".

The reason Jesus had to leave before the coming of the comforter was that He had to pay the redemption price of all creation with His blood; Man had to be redeemed from sin before we could receive the seal of our redemption, the Holy Spirit.
See Ephesians 1:7, 2 Corinthians 1:21-22, Ephesians 1:13, Ephesians 4:30

Yet that does not entirely hold up. For there are many of whom are accounted to have the Holy Spirit upon them beforehand.

Further, the outpouring did not come until after the ascension, that is, until Pentecost. As an aside: of all the offerings, the offering of the first-fruits of the wheat harvest, was two loaves baked with leaven.

If it was solely as you put forth above, it could have come anytime after John 20:19. For in John 20:17, he was not to be touched. However the outpouring did not occur until some 43 days later.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The scripture doesn't specifically say that Jesus received the Holy Spirit at His baptism
Does it not say that John saw the Holy spirit descending like a dove and rested on Him, then the Father spoke and immediately The Spirit drove Him ( Jesus ) into the wilderness ( so still with Him )....We later find out that the Holy spirit is why Jesus can have such direct contact with the Father and all things spiritual, whereas as only human beings, we have no real access to that....Jesus then being the firstborn of The New Creation, the one in which man ( despite his sin ) can now contain The Holy Spirit of God INSIDE the human spirit ( once cleansed by Christ ), and go on to do the same things Jesus did ( according to Jesus Himself ) and also have a direct relationship with Him, through His Spirit and Jesus....It is far too much to even begin to cover here, but each of us ought to be finding out who we have become in Christ, and perhaps not concern ourselves so much with how others did it, and what they did with it....when we stand before God, we cannot excuse ourselves with :" But God, Paul said, or John said", or whomever we put there:.....His answer will always be the same :" But why didn't you come to me?"

Reactions: amadeus