• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law is a hierarchy. The two great laws are at the top. Below them are the ten commandments. And the rest of the entire Bible is below them all. But they are all profitable and inspired. And man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Not just the ones by Paul that can be made to look like they excuse disobedience.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The law is a hierarchy. The two great laws are at the top. Below them are the ten commandments. And the rest of the entire Bible is below them all. But they are all profitable and inspired. And man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Not just the ones by Paul that can be made to look like they excuse disobedience.
You really dont get it, if you are in Christ than you are no longer a sinner, secondly the law was never given to christians, thirdly the law was the husband to the Jews but they where divorced for the law so Christ could be there husband, but you have left Christ to be joined to the law, you cannot have 2 husbands you must choose which will it be Christ or the law or will you remain in your sin by disobedience.

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

You have chosen the law to reign over you and not Christ, as I said all you have found is the SDA christ not the real Christ.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Frankly, I am at a loss here. I answered the question of "law" pertaining to all 10 of the texts you provided, but you only responded to 5 of them. So I don't know whether you just listed the ones you disagree with, or whether you only considered half of them.
I decided to take only some of the texts. For brevity, as I think they are enough. I think those I took shows more vividly the point of my argument against having two laws and two authors.

Nevertheless, I will comment on what we have here, including your remarks on 2 Peter 3:16.

Actually the context of verse 16 in verses 14 and 17 indicates the opposite of what you claim here (seek spotlessness: avoid lawlessness).

14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also rest of the Scriptures. 17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;

I read nothing in v.14 and 17 that makes v.16 apply as to what Paul refers to “law” in his writings.

In v16 Peter told his readers that what he was writing to them about at this part of his epistle, Paul also had written about in his epistles (Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things,). Now, Paul had written much. So, to know what are "these things", that Peter was saying Paul also wrote about, the reader only have to go back to what Peter had written prior to v.16. And one will not find anything that refers to “law”. I will not get into that here.

In fact, Romans 13:9 and Galatians 5:14 suggest that the 2 great commandments are a summation of the ten commandment moral code, with the first four describing our duty to God, and the last 6 our duty to our fellow man.
Surprisingly you make that argument. For that same argument stand to prove that the ten commandments are not separate laws from those you say are Ceremonial laws. For as I have just pointed out, and which you did not seem to deny, that the 2 great commandments are found in them which you call Ceremonial Laws.

This then also, since in your view, only the Ceremonial laws were done away with, that goes as well for those 2 great commandments , right? What can you say about that?

The truth is, when Christ used the word "law" He rarely meant the ten commandments only, unless he specified such. To Christ, all of His Father's words were law. He did not think of the law and the prophets as being two separate entities, but as a figure of speech used to denote every word that proceeded from the mouth of God. It was as if to say the law began with Moses, but did not end with him. I know this sounds like conjecture, but I am of a mind that all of the slicing and dicing of Scripture, law, covenants, and dispensations that goes on in Christian circles only complicates something that is so beautifully simple and essential to the Gospel itself--living by every word...
Sorry, but I find nothing in what you said there that refutes what I said concerning John 1:17. So, let me repeat my point there. John clearly said “For the law was given through Moses....”. The “law” clearly referred to here is that which God gave through Moses. Try asking yourself, what law was given through Moses? I am pretty confident that you’ll find out that that is no less the covenant laws consisting of the ten commandments (found in Exodus 20) and the judgments, and other precepts involving ceremonial and civil matters (read mainly in Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy).

John said the “law” was given through Moses, and said in contrast, “grace and truth” came through Jesus Christ. He also gave a clear distinction what was given through Moses and what was through Christ. Clear as it is, will the Christian fail to see that? I believe that you see and know the distinction.

It has to be the ten commandment moral code that points out sin, in general. Context is not the last word in all scriptural interpretation, contrary to popular belief. The first rule of hermeneutics is to take the text as it reads, unless a symbolic or other meaning is indicated. For the new covenant believer, especially, it is the ten commandment law primarily that points out sin.
Sorry, but I don’t see how what you say there counter argues what I said against the “law” in v.14,15 as could not be referring to the ten commandments, at least exclusively. Let me point that out again here.

Romans 4:14 For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect,15 because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression.

If the “law” in that passage refers exclusively to the ten commandments, then who are those said to be of the law? Considering your contention regarding the ten commandments as applies from the beginning of human history, the answer to that would be all mankind. But then, in my reading, Paul was referring to the people under the old covenant made by God mediated by Moses.

Another is that, if the “law” there refers exclusively to the ten commandments, then Paul would be effectively saying that the ten commandments exclusively brings about wrath, which is obviously contrary to the people. This, as I have pointed out to you, refutes your statement “... there was nothing in the Ten-Commandment law that could be defined as “contrary” to Paul and the church to whom he was writing.”

I told you that my take on that is that the “law” there refers not only to the ten commandments but all the old covenant commandments, the law of Moses. That is what Paul says brings about wrath, with all the dos and don’ts, and of curses and judgments.

Tong
R1399

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It's unimportant to nail down the meaning of the word "law" in this text. It is speaking of the time between Adam and the time that Moses was given the law or when he began working on the Torah, whichever came first. The 2nd use of the word "law" in the text most likely means the moral law (which I neglected to point out).
I think it is significantly relevant to the subject.

Romans 5:13 For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Paul was taking reference to a time between Adam and the time the "law" was given to Moses. Considering John 1:17, it is worthy to note there that "law" is spoken of as something "given". I have no reason to not believe that there was a time that the "law" spoken of here given through Moses, was not yet given. And that time is what seems to be what Paul takes reference to in Rom.5:13. The "law" here could not be anything else but the law given through Moses referred to by John in John 1:17. It is what scriptures call the Law of Moses, the written code given to the children of Israel in covenant through Moses, consisting of the ten commandments (found in Exodus 20) and the judgments, and other precepts involving ceremonial and civil matters (read mainly in Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy), that imputes sin on him who does not keep any one of the commandments, if ans when found guilty.

In the first part of the verse, Paul is saying that sin was in the world even before the law was given through Moses. It means that, it is not that because there was not a written code such as the law given through Moses, that men in those times were not guilty of sin. Paul was in effect saying that men, in fact all men during that time, sinned. Only that, because there was no law (such as that written code) yet, that sin is not imputed as it is when the law was given. Paul said this in support and explanation to what he said in verse 12, that all have sinned.

This text is difficult because of the comparisan to the civil law in verses 2 and 3, but it has to mean condemnation under the moral law, because what other law could the new covenant Christian need to be delivered from? This in no way excuses us from seeking to live morally, which the moral law obviously teaches. It is not an easy passage to interpret. This is why the book of Romans receives such attention and conflict among students/scholars. The caution of 2 Peter 3:16 is well-warranted here.

Romans 7:6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

It is indeed difficult with your take on what the 'law", not that this is a case spoken of by Peter in 2 Peter 3:16 concerning Paul. It is not. See my discussion on that in the other segment above. It is not every passage difficult for a Christian to understand in the writing of Paul is a case of 2 Pet.3:16.

You take the "law" there as being exclusively the ten commandments. So, it says in effect that the Christian had been delivered from the ten commandments. You explain that to mean condemnation under the moral law, which you say are the ten commandments, but at the same time you say that there is nothing in them that is contrary to Paul and to the church he is writing to. That sure is self contradictory.

<<<what other law could the new covenant Christian need to be delivered from?>>>

The law of Moses, the entire covenant law, the ten commandments with all the other dos and don'ts, curses and judgments, even death. But I have to clarify, that is not another law, but the law spoken of by John in John 1:17.

And while I am on it, to comment further on the text.....

Observe that Paul said "
having died to what we were held by". And that in direct reference and relation to what he said prior, saying "we have been delivered from the law", one can see a sense of the believer's former standing under the law. That they were formerly some kind of prisoners or held in bondage by the "law" that he was referring to there, like servants, serving in the oldness of the letter. What letter? I could think of no other but the Law of Moses, the written code, whereby they should live by and should perfectly keep, not failing in any one commandment.

Tong
R1400

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a strange belief on the part of many that the great God-written law of the Ten Commandments was actually a part of the ceremonial law of Moses which contained scores of specific regulations. They do not see the decalogue as being distinct and totally unique because of its divine authorship. Neither do they see the clear limitation which the Bible sets for this moral code by calling it the TEN Commandments.
Good thread and study.

Colossians 2 - Parts 1-4 Powerpoint
https://archive.org/download/colossians-2vs-16/Colossians 2vs16.pptx

Do you stone the Sabbath-Breaker? Powerpoint
https://archive.org/download/sticks...tones - Do You Stone The Sabbath Breaker.pptx

Hebrews 3-4 complete here:
Hebrews 3-4 [KJB], the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD JEHOVAH - "my rest" "remaineth" to My people.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't strange that Christians make much ado about loving the Lord your God and your neighbour but when it comes to the Commandments which are specific regarding this, they are willing to scrap them.
Their 'T(less)-shirt' or 'bumpkin sticker' slogan would go something like this:
"Everybody should love & obey God, just don't tell me exactly how to do that!"

Thus the words "love" and "obey" become devoid of substance, or meaning. They are then simply placeholders of empty space. When in reality what they really mean is, ""Love & obey" means I do what I want (self-righteousness)."

Reactions: BarneyFife

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Their 'T(less)-shirt' or 'bumpkin sticker' slogan would go something like this:
"Everybody should love & obey God, just don't tell me exactly how to do that!"

Thus the words "love" and "obey" become devoid of substance, or meaning. They are then simply placeholders of empty space. When in reality what they really mean is, ""Love & obey" means I do what I want (self-righteousness)."
ah yes...Frank Sinatra's, I'll do it my way!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Ok, so they're gone. So, then, it's okay to worship other gods, bow down to idols, take the lord's name in vain, forget the Sabbath, dishonor parents, lie, steal, murder, commit adultery and covet, right?
Definitely no!

The old covenants was replaced by a new covenant. I hope you know what that means.

Absolute balderdash and doubletalk. No offense but this is nonsense. It's mysticism. The only laws God had when he foretold the new covenant were the written ones. He wanted to write the law on their hearts in Deuteronomy 5:29:

O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Nobody peddled this stuff 50 years ago. None of the reformers believed it or wrote about it. n. Are we especially enlightened now? I'm not buying it for a minute. And it positively blows my mind that people my age and older are buying it. They're being set up by the devil. He hates the idea of man reflecting God's character, so he's whitewashing everything. Don't be fooled, Tong. It's not going to stand.

I'll leave you with this:

Revelation 14
6And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

8And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints:
here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
We are in the new covenant times. The old is no more.

In the old, God gave the law through Moses, the ten commandments, judgements, ceremonial laws, civil laws, food laws, etc., which were written in letters engraved in stones.

In the new, God puts His laws in the minds and write them in the hearts.

I am sure you will agree that Christians are under the new covenant and not under the old. So, I asked, what had God put in your mind and have written in your heart? Only you would know and could answer that sir. And I would only know if you tell me.

Tong
R1401

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
@Tong2020
I'm sorry but I can't spend any more time discussing your opinions, views, thoughts, etc. :)
No problem sir.

But just to let you know, I will be posting on your posts, as the Holy Spirit leads me, and when the Holy Spirit leads me. It’s okay whether you reply or not.

Tong
R1402

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem sir.

But just to let you know, I will be posting on your posts, as the Holy Spirit leads me, and when the Holy Spirit leads me. It’s okay whether you reply or not.

Tong
R1402
Thanks for the warning.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Once more we see “thy law” and “the law of Moses,” and this time the two are recognized as different in content. There are no curses recorded in the Ten Commandments that God wrote, but the law which Moses wrote contained an abundance of such curses and judgments.

The major point of difference between the law of God and the law of Moses, though, lies in the way they were recorded and preserved. We have already cited Moses’ statement that God “wrote them (the Ten Commandments) upon two tables of stone” (Deuteronomy 4:13). Compare that with Exodus 31:18, “two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.”

No one can confuse this writing with the way the mosaic law was produced. “And Moses wrote this law ... And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying, Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee” (Deuteronomy 31:9, 24-26). This book of statutes and judgments which Moses wrote in a book was placed in a pocket on the side of the ark. In contrast, the law written by God on tables of stone was placed inside the ark of the covenant. “And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee” (Exodus 25:16).
While it is true that the ten covenant commandments were written miraculously by God and the rest of the other covenant commandments, judgements and other precepts were written by Moses, it does not take away the truth that all of them came from God and that God is the author of all of them. It does not make the others as coming from Moses and authored by him. Nor that makes two separate covenant laws that God gave through Moses in covenant to the children of Israel.

While there is difference in the way they were written and of the place where they were kept in the ark of the covenant, it does not also make of them to being two separate covenant laws.

Speaking of the ark of covenant, it is worthy at this point to point out the truth concerning the ark, if not, even all that concerns the things of the covenant God made with the children of Israel in the day when He brought them out of Egypt. That they are a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For God said to Moses “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” (Heb.8:5). See also what Col. 2:16-17 says about this which touches the written code, the covenant law. And they are only copies and shadows, they are not by themselves the very reality and substance. Copies and shadows were so given in God’s time according to the purpose of His will, to be representative of the realities they represent, until the realities that they represent are come or had been manifested or revealed. It is easy to understand what becomes of the copy and shadows when that happens. The ark then, even the tabernacle and all that is in it, are no more.

Tong
R1411

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While it is true that the ten covenant commandments were written miraculously by God and the rest of the other covenant commandments, judgements and other precepts were written by Moses, it does not take away the truth that all of them came from God and that God is the author of all of them. It does not make the others as coming from Moses and authored by him. Nor that makes two separate covenant laws that God gave through Moses in covenant to the children of Israel.

While there is difference in the way they were written and of the place where they were kept in the ark of the covenant, it does not also make of them to being two separate covenant laws.

Speaking of the ark of covenant, it is worthy at this point to point out the truth concerning the ark, if not, even all that concerns the things of the covenant God made with the children of Israel in the day when He brought them out of Egypt. That they are a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For God said to Moses “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” (Heb.8:5). See also what Col. 2:16-17 says about this which touches the written code, the covenant law. And they are only copies and shadows, they are not by themselves the very reality and substance. Copies and shadows were so given in God’s time according to the purpose of His will, to be representative of the realities they represent, until the realities that they represent are come or had been manifested or revealed. It is easy to understand what becomes of the copy and shadows when that happens. The ark then, even the tabernacle and all that is in it, are no more.

Tong
R1411
What did the mercy seat represent?
What was the significance of placing the law under that mercy seat?
And if the mercy seat represented something tangible and physical in heaven, and the law was placed under the mercy seat on earth, what is under its counterpart in heaven?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
What did the mercy seat represent?
What was the significance of placing the law under that mercy seat?
And if the mercy seat represented something tangible and physical in heaven, and the law was placed under the mercy seat on earth, what is under its counterpart in heaven?
I am afraid this might lead us far too away from the thread topic. But anyway, let me address this as a side.

With reference to Hebrews 8:5, the mercy seat represented a reality that is in heaven. What exactly that is, scriptures does not say. The writer in Hebrews, who gave light on this, that they are only shadows of realities, did not tell us what the mercy seat represents (Heb. 9:5).

Now what I can say is that, whatever it is that it represents in heaven, is in my thinking as not tangible nor something physical.

Regarding the written law that is under, if the copy or shadow is the written code or letter, the reality is the Spirit.

Tong
R1413

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am afraid this might lead us far too away from the thread topic.
It is at the very of this discussion.
With reference to Hebrews 8:5, the mercy seat represented a reality that is in heaven.
Absolutely true.
It's a seat.

What exactly that is, scriptures does not say.
Yes it does tell us. The mercy seat was where God raised... Where the shekinah glory dwelt.

KJV Exodus 25:17-22
17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

KJV Revelation 4:2-6
2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

KJV Revelation 11:19
19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

KJV Exodus 19:16
16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

The only other seat in scripture whereupon the presence of God dwelt was the throne in heaven. That is the real mercy seat. The earthly sanctuary was a replica of the throne room in heaven. Real. Physical. John saw it. The original ark of the testimony.
And the testimony, the law, is still real, and forms the foundation of the throne... The foundation of God's government... The foundation of God's kingdom. The law without the mercy seat merely condemned. The law mixed with mercy is the gospel.

whatever it is that it represents in heaven, is in my thinking as not tangible nor something physical.
Then perhaps your thinking is the problem.
Now does anyone think that the law that forms the foundation of God's government in the universe... The law of love... Was removed from the throne in heaven in order to appease the weak sinful natures of man? Our do you think that man was born again, made new creatures, so that very same law could be engraved upon their minds and hearts?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

With reference to Hebrews 8:5, the mercy seat represented a reality that is in heaven. What exactly that is, scriptures does not say. The writer in Hebrews, who gave light on this, that they are only shadows of realities, did not tell us what the mercy seat represents (Heb. 9:5).

Now what I can say is that, whatever it is that it represents in heaven, is in my thinking as not tangible nor something physical. ...
Have you read Revelation, for Hebrews and Revelation tie together?

Rev_11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

The same words, of lighnings, voices, thunderings, earthquake and great hail is seen at Mt. Sinai in Exodus.​

Rev 15:5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:

What happened in the OT, when the Ark of the Covenant (Testimony/Testament) was opened, and that which was therein was exposed/revealed? Plagues followed.

1Sa 6:19 And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.​

Exo_25:16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.

Exo_25:21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.

Exo_40:3 And thou shalt put therein the ark of the testimony, and cover the ark with the vail.

Exo 40:20 And he took and put the testimony into the ark, and set the staves on the ark, and put the mercy seat above upon the ark:
An "Ark" is simply a container. Therefore, in Heaven, according to Hebrews and Revelation, and the OT, etc, what does the Bible say is in that Ark in Heaven, which is beneath the mercy seat of God?

Deu_10:1 At that time the LORD said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.

Deu_10:2 And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.

Deu_10:5 And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they be, as the LORD commanded me.​

Read Joshua 6, for the type of the 7 Trumpets, the 7th of which contains the 7 last plagues (destruction).

Heaven (3rd) is a real place, into which Jesus Christ ascended in a real tangible glorified body of flesh and bones. It is not aethereal, intangible, gaseous non-things of airy nothings. It is substance, material, real, tangible, solid as the rock.

Reactions: Brakelite

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It is at the very of this discussion.

Absolutely true.
It's a seat.

Yes it does tell us. The mercy seat was where God raised... Where the shekinah glory dwelt.

KJV Exodus 25:17-22
17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

KJV Revelation 4:2-6
2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

KJV Revelation 11:19
19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

KJV Exodus 19:16
16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

The only other seat in scripture whereupon the presence of God dwelt was the throne in heaven. That is the real mercy seat. The earthly sanctuary was a replica of the throne room in heaven. Real. Physical. John saw it. The original ark of the testimony.
And the testimony, the law, is still real, and forms the foundation of the throne... The foundation of God's government... The foundation of God's kingdom. The law without the mercy seat merely condemned. The law mixed with mercy is the gospel.

Then perhaps your thinking is the problem.
Now does anyone think that the law that forms the foundation of God's government in the universe... The law of love... Was removed from the throne in heaven in order to appease the weak sinful natures of man? Our do you think that man was born again, made new creatures, so that very same law could be engraved upon their minds and hearts?

As I said, as to what is the reality that the mercy seat represent, I could not be sure. The Exodus 25:22 have the mercy seat as to where God will meet with Moses, and will commune with him. Now, what it is in reality in heaven, of course is real, but I don't think and can't be sure it's physical sir. As far as my reading of scriptures, I have not come across one that speaks of physical (as opposite to spiritual) things in heaven.

Pardon me, but I can't seem to get your questions. Let ,me answer as I understand them.

<<<Now does anyone think that the law that forms the foundation of God's government in the universe... The law of love... Was removed from the throne in heaven in order to appease the weak sinful natures of man?>>>

I haven't said anything about that. Nothing was removed that which is in heaven sir.

<<<Our do you think that man was born again, made new creatures, so that very same law could be engraved upon their minds and hearts?>>>

I haven't said anything of that sort. What I can say regarding that is that, unlike in the old covenant where the law was given as a code of letters written in stone and in perhaps leathers or papyrus ( I could not be sure) to be taught to the children of Israel by the Levites, for their observance and keeping, that they may live by it, in the new covenant, God's law are put in the minds and written in the hearts of the people, and "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.

Tong
R1419

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
This is not part of the new covenant promise. It is a prophecy of the new heavens and earth.

Reactions: Jay Ross