Complete In Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, i get you, but i can't ascribe light to satan, mostly bc the Book does not.
basically a semantics arg iow
I could ask you this, then, is there anything you could think of that would not gave God's Essence within it.
Is there anything you could think of that could exist in any dimension without God?
Did something else create it? See what mean?

And like I always say...the Book, as you say, says nothing about pizza..and yet...lo and behold that exists! A ridiculous statement to make a point.
It says nothing about E=mc2...and yet thereit is... we discovered it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I could ask you this, then, is there anything you could think of that would not gave God's Essence within it.
Is there anything you could think of that could exist in any dimension without God?
Did something else create it? See what mean?
God is credited with creating evil, but specifically to illustrate what is separate from God, so imo stating that God's essence is in satan is going to far. The symbology of the Book allows for your concept, in "two men in a bed," and other concepts, and i can certainly agree that satan is a construct, also covered in "scapegoat," for whenever one is ready to find love.

So iow i agree with you completely in spirit, but this cannot be communicated to ppl of the Book in this way without messing up the symbology, at least i don't think. Of course if that is not one's goal, that is irrelevant, but imo at some point this will intrude on other doctrinal issues? So it will hinder communication, even though it obviously has not hurt you heart-wise any

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever since I read this sentence in the Bible, I have realized that it must be either a misinterpretation or a misunderstanding, because satan has ZERO light in him, so how on earth is he supposed to suddenly stand there in front of us shining like an angel of God would.......I can see how it may mean that an idea can come to us, which 'appears' to us as if it is from the Lord and thus of the light, but can be a deception, but the being called satan, will most assuredly not have any power to show himself as a shining light anywhere, any time.....

its not hard to see. look at western culture. its right and just to accept homosexuality and transsexuals as a good life style isn't it? if you speak against it openly you are evil in their eyes, you are a bigot, racist and unenlightened (oh, don't forget bully). therefore to them what is light? its exactly the opposite of what the true Light of the world is. which is the Truth the Way the Life. but light to them is lies, perversions and unseemliness, that which helps them feel good about themselves and their own judgements of what is good. same thing Paul was dealing with in his day.

so to the world Satan is light, because the condemned are condemned to death already and they know it so, in their minds why seek anything as justified unless its to their own pleasures and desires.

hence why fear and or respect a God if you are dead already?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP subject Topic, Colossians 2:8-10 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power".

PCY

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok did I ask this before. PCY
Peace care...no
Please cease your ..no
Pax ...no
Is this another cultish term ...clique-ish term if u like that better...that all Christians are automatically supposed to know.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok did I ask this before. PCY
Peace care...no
Please cease your ..no
Pax ...no
Is this another cultish term ...clique-ish term if u like that better...that all Christians are automatically supposed to know.
:D, sorry about that. I usually write it out, "Peace in Christ Yeshua".

and for future reference, PCJ = Peace in Christ Jesus

PCJ....... :p

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
its right and just to accept homosexuality and transsexuals as a good life style isn't it? if you speak against it openly you are evil in their eyes, you are a bigot, racist and unenlightened (oh, don't forget bully).
"bully" is what they were experiencing before they rose up and demanded equal rights tho, see; no one has to accept anyone else's lifestyle to treat them with love

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
satan appears as an angel of light

Mark..okay...I have bitten my tongue long enough. Seeing you write this again here ( I only just found this thread)

Why on earth when anything positive is said about anything , do you step in with " the sky is falling" ?
When someone sees wild flowers , you seem to only see weeds!
When we see the glory of God, you seem to only see pitfalls and the dark side of things.
Yes, we all know they are there, God has told us they are there...that is why he gave us the Holy Spirit and anointed us to see. 1 John.
That is why He gave us armour. Eph. 6

I agree we are complete in the Spirit, because if God says so, I agree.

Just saying. Our friend @Miss Hepburn said the other day, what is turning your eyes on Jesus...(or words similar )
You should try it some day Mark :)
If you did turn your back on the negative and focus on the positive you'd see a whole new world!

Much blessing ❤️ Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Mark..okay...I have bitten my tongue long enough. Seeing you write this again here ( I only just found this thread)

Why on earth when anything positive is said about anything , do you step in with " the sky is falling" ?
When we see the glory of God, you seem to only see pitfalls and the dark side of things.
because we are two men in a bed, and the other side was not being repped
it has to be taken, it does not just leave

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Just saying. Our friend @Miss Hepburn said the other day, what is turning your eyes on Jesus...(or words similar )
ah, note how Nehushtan is worshipped, and understand why i detest that song, is all i can say.
Your eyes will not suffice, iow.
Two Greeks came to worship Christ too, and He hid from them

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i agree that you have included yourself in a "we," i can agree with that.
i can agree that you have read about an ideal that most everyone assumes they practice,
we are all sitting in the Holy of Holies, see, and we all figger we are doing God's will

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
that guy who convinced us that we were "saved" after a few one hour sessions in a church and a profession up front and a bath didn't know what he was talking about, see, wadr; and he reads those the same way, see

"ah, looka this we right here in the Book, that must be me, that mus' be us!"
after all we obv love Jesus more dan them across the street lol
and of course all Muslims are lost too

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, we all know they are there, God has told us they are there...that is why he gave us the Holy Spirit and anointed us to see. 1 John.
That is why He gave us armour. Eph. 6

If you did turn your back on the negative and focus on the positive you'd see a whole new world!

Much blessing ❤️ Helen

Weeds of light, no doubt :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i agree that you have included yourself in a "we," i can agree with that.
i can agree that you have read about an ideal that most everyone assumes they practice,
we are all sitting in the Holy of Holies, see, and we all figger we are doing God's will

Well just say it. Say that you do not believe what God has told us He did through Jesus. Hey, say that you don't believe anything!
Have you ever sat down with pen and paper and written on one side all the things you don't believe ( maybe you'll need more than one sheet) and on the other page write all that things you do believe that God has said and done.
Try it..by your posts I think one list will be much much much shorter than the other.
Or maybe you just like fooling around with our heads, and are a totally different person once off the Site?
I am starting to worry about you x

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that guy who convinced us that we were "saved" after a few one hour sessions in a church and a profession up front and a bath didn't know what he was talking about, see, wadr; and he reads those the same way, see

"ah, looka this we right here in the Book, that must be me, that mus' be us!"
after all we obv love Jesus more dan them across the street lol

I guess this is what I mean.
You don't seem to see any redeeming quality in any of us ( Yep there is that 'us' word you hate) just because of all your past history.
We all have had past history, and have all seen the charlatans , hoaxers, fakers, etc
But we don't drag it along on our backs as you seem to do.
It seems to have made you bitter rather than better.
Hard instead of soft.
I bet there isn't one of us who has not been hoodwinked or tricked one way or another. But you seem to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater...and the bathtub and bathroom too!!
download-1.jpg

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be proud of my well-tuned BS meter, for the first half of my life......

When i turned forty, i realized with great shock and distress that my BS meter was just a clever, snarky manner of living without faith......

Now for the dismantling....

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well just say it. Say that you do not believe what God has told us He did through Jesus.
ha the prob is that is not the point at all; the perspective trap is, and i'm not sure how i might point it out any better. You are indicating that you are not in the position of Observer in the way you interpret the v? Something like that. It's not a big deal, ok, but honest it is not at all that i do not believe etc etc., it is that it is God telling us this, as you say, and we tend to hear what we want.

"...even the elect, if that were possible," alright. I'm strictly trying to cause a perspective shift, away from a one-dimensional perspective there

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I guess this is what I mean.
You don't seem to see any redeeming quality in any of us
ha!. well i guess it might seem that way lol, but you are fine just like you are right now as far as i'm concerned, pretty sure your heart is prolly better than mine from jump street lol. i mean you're a Canadian already lol.

if we were familiars, and in person, i would never bring this up; but we aren't, and we are somewhere that imo requires that i warn newbies that everyone believes they are doing God's will, and many will be deceived.