Confident People of the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking for a little help on any Biblical characters that were Truly Confident, either in the Old or New Testament.

Off the top of my head I can think of:

Ø Joshua and Caleb
Ø Daniel
Ø Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego

Are there any others that didn't show weakness or fear? Or, perhaps I am wrong about the six above? Thanks!

Reactions: Pathfinder7

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking for a little help on any Biblical characters that were Truly Confident, either in the Old or New Testament.

Off the top of my head I can think of:

Ø Joshua and Caleb
Ø Daniel
Ø Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego

Are there any others that didn't show weakness or fear? Or, perhaps I am wrong about the six above? Thanks!

WHAT? There aren't any others that are Confident in the Bible? If this is the case, why in the world would "Christians" vehemently believe in the phrase . . . "Confidence is from the Lord!" ??

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whose confidence was in the Lord, but not themselves. People who believed God. Abraham. David. Jeremiah and Ezekiel and the other prophets. Hebrews 11. Mary and Joseph.

Much love!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whose confidence was in the Lord, but not themselves. People who believed God. Abraham. David. Jeremiah and Ezekiel and the other prophets. Hebrews 11. Mary and Joseph.

Much love!

But . . . other than those who I've mentioned above, who was actually and Truly Confident? Paul? Peter? Timothy? Barnabas? Moses? David? Lot's of fear in them all (and this list goes on and on).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But . . . other than those who I've mentioned above, who was actually and Truly Confident? Paul? Peter? Timothy? Barnabas? Moses? David? Lot's of fear in them all (and this list goes on and on).
I guess that just depends on what you mean by them being confident. How do you see these that you mentioned as different from, say, David?

Much love!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that just depends on what you mean by them being confident. How do you see these that you mentioned as different from, say, David?

Much love!

None of them were weak as they never complained. David, however, was afraid, so afraid that he had to lie about it. He even put on an act of being a madman, drooling all over himself to keep from being killed by the king. In reading the Pslams, we don't see David being consistently strong and unafraid. He is up and down . . . back and forth. David struggled mightily as did the Apostle Paul, with much crying and despair.

Caleb and Joshua, however, were the only two from the original group who left Egypt, who were allowed to cross the Jordan and set foot on the Promised Holy Land, because they served the Lord "Wholeheartedly." It was Joshua and Caleb, who in their 80's, wanted to fight the Giants found after their reconnaissance mission. The other ten who went with Joshua and Caleb lied about taking over the land, which upset them both, for they trusted God that He would give these Giants into their hands.

Confidence is from the Lord? That's such a weird thing to say when the primary emotion of the Bible is dealing with the instilled fear, shame, and guilt that stems from the Law of Sin and Death. Therefore, fear is the dominant emotion of the Bible . . . and that isn't good, especially if "Confidence comes from the Lord!"

Last edited: