Confused about faith; need prayer.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
Hello all.I've been very confused about my spiritual situation for the past several years. I lost my faith when I was about 16 and never really looked back, but I have struggled with depression and a number of other personal problems since then. I can't help but shake the feeling that I need something more in my life. Last night I began to experience feelings unlike any that I'd had before, and started weeping uncontrollably.I don't know what's happening to me. I don't know if this is the Christ that I abandoned years ago trying to reach me. The rational part of me wants to think that it's just mental unrest and depression. But deep down, I think I want it to be something more.I would appreciate your prayers as I go through this tumultuous time in my life. Thank you.

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
A'udzubillaahiminasysyaithonirrojiimBismillaahirrohmaanirrohiim(Lunar)
Hello all.I've been very confused about my spiritual situation for the past several years. I lost my faith when I was about 16 and never really looked back, but I have struggled with depression and a number of other personal problems since then. I can't help but shake the feeling that I need something more in my life. Last night I began to experience feelings unlike any that I'd had before, and started weeping uncontrollably.I don't know what's happening to me. I don't know if this is the Christ that I abandoned years ago trying to reach me. The rational part of me wants to think that it's just mental unrest and depression. But deep down, I think I want it to be something more.I would appreciate your prayers as I go through this tumultuous time in my life. Thank you.
Dear Lunar, i really don't know whether this would be help or not, but to be honest i'm not Christian, but for your gain knowledge or perhaps your faith searching, i will give an advise which is not christian of course, that perhaps can relief you from that situation and condition.Firstly trying to get sleep earlier than before, then try to wake up in the middle of the night before dawn (where sounds was very clear and not noisy).After you are wake, try to take bath, at least clean up your face, hands, head, and feet. And then find a place silent and quiet at your place, then take a deep breath then start to Pray to God with piously (try not to think what looks like God is), then ask God to show you the truth Path, on God that has create the universe. Slave your self unto God, and try to make your self tiers because of sin that you have done all the long. Ask God who create the universe to forgive you. And ask God to give you a peacefulness to your soul and mind. Do it all of this thinks with strong faith of God, don't let anything that appear on you to interrupt you, this is between you and God only, don't let any speaking noise that come unto you that might you will hear it, interrupt you dialog with God. Just give your soul free to God, and let God guiding you with your clear mind and clean heart to seek His Guidance.And hopely you will be more better then after
smile.gif
.Wallaahu a'lam.

Ikonion

Nov 19, 2007
Dear Lunar,reading through your post I think it is a good time for you to get to know Christ again. Perhaps your loss of faith came from a point of not feeling right anymore in your former Christian way. I'm sure Christ wants you to learn from him - meeting your friends, meeting other Christians and above all to thank him for the good things you experience in life!I pray for you that you soon will feel better and welcomed to his house again!God bless
smile.gif