COVID -19: Conspiracy Theories, God Brought This 2 Humble Us And Stop Us From Sinning!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God created the universe and the laws it operates with. That does not mean God creates plagues.

For example, God created gravity. Is that a blessing or a curse? It is a blessing in one way. We don't float off into space. That's a good thing. However if you jump off a tall cliff, you could injure or even kill yourself. That can be called a curse. You might even say God killed you since He created the gravity that killed you.

Is drain cleaner a curse? It could be for a child if he drinks it. If he obeys his parents and doesn't drink it, he'll grow up and come to know how drain cleaner can do good things. Is electricity a curse? It could be for a child who disobeys his parents and decides to play with it. If he grows up, he will find electricity is useful.

Do not say that the devil created plagues. He can't create anything. The only power the devil has is when he can talk people into doing things. Remember Eve? Do not say that God created plagues or curses. He created the laws that can bring about plagues and curses, depending on what people do.

Deuteronomy 11:26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day:
28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

try reading ur bible, book of exodus!!

Reactions: Joseph77

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
try reading ur bible, book of exodus!!
I have read it. The plagues were all the result of Pharaoh's stubborn refusal to allow Israel to practice their religion. That's how it all started; but let me start with a passage from chapter 7.

Exodus 7:14 And the Lord said unto Moses, Pharaoh's heart is hardened, he refuseth to let the people go.
15 Get thee unto Pharaoh in the morning; lo, he goeth out unto the water; and thou shalt stand by the river's brink against he come; and the rod which was turned to a serpent shalt thou take in thine hand.
16 And thou shalt say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath sent me unto thee, saying, Let my people go, that they may serve me in the wilderness: and, behold, hitherto thou wouldest not hear.

No king, prime minister, or president has the right to suppress religious freedom. Secular rulers are supposed to deal with maintaining good public order. They exceed their God-given authority if they start making decisions about religion.

17 Thus saith the Lord, In this thou shalt know that I am the Lord: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.
18 And the fish that is in the river shall die, and the river shall stink; and the Egyptians shall lothe to drink of the water of the river.
19 And the Lord spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.
20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the Lord commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.
21 And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

Note how God sides with the innocent. When God does act against the guilty, it is to protect the innocent. It is like a shepherd who strikes fearlessly if a wolf attacks his sheep. The shepherd is not "punishing" the wolf -- although the wolf may feel punished. The shepherd's motive is love for his sheep. It was the same in Egypt.

Pharaoh could have backed down and allowed Israel freedom of religion. He didn't. He brought those plagues down on his own head. If he had let Israel go from the very first, there wouldn't have been any plagues. Blame Pharaoh for them then. He was the guilty party. Don't blame God.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you another pointless panicked trying to spread fear and concussion with no biblical authority.
Did you read the Bible yet ?

If so, what is written about plagues, diseases, illnesses, how to avoid them,

about health, trusting God and not men, why not to trust men (yes, even me) (test everything by the Bible to see it is truth).

If learning the truth is fearful to you, as it is to most mankind, it is written in the Bible why that is so. Yes, why you should be afraid, and who to be afraid of (He Who Is Able to Destroy Both body and soul) .....

Reactions: DoveSpirit05

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you read the Bible yet ?

If so, what is written about plagues, diseases, illnesses, how to avoid them,

about health, trusting God and not men, why not to trust men (yes, even me) (test everything by the Bible to see it is truth).

If learning the truth is fearful to you, as it is to most mankind, it is written in the Bible why that is so. Yes, why you should be afraid, and who to be afraid of (He Who Is Able to Destroy Both body and soul) .....

I have no interest in verses plucked out of contex and claimed to be relevent to today.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no interest in verses plucked out of contex and claimed to be relevent to today.
So do not pluck any verses out of context.

Just honestly, truthfully, seek the Father , ask Him for HIS WISDOM REVEALED< and see , IF HE ANSWERS you, WHAT HE SAYS,

or do you think that HE won't answer you?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"they have no answer"
Yet God's Word Does.

The fallen world "loves its own", and hates Jesus , and is opposed to all of Jesus' Followers - to anyone who loves and lives for the truth.
============================
QUOTE=
"Paul Christensen, post: 712339, member: 8565"]Isn't it interesting that those people who say that they don't believe in discrimination, and preach tolerance of all faiths and religions, when a Bible-believing Christian gets up and shares the true gospel of Christ, they say that he is being intolerant of other faiths and religions. When they Christian replies and says. "You people believe in total tolerance, so why are you intolerant of my Bible-believing faith?" they have no answer.
[/QUOTE
=========================

"Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power."

Reactions: DoveSpirit05