Creation Science Seminar

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yawn. You like to play scriptural tic tac toe. I like to discuss things. I don't think we're a match.

Try to offer some of your own thoughts rather than just a copy/paste effort. You too eager to replace dialogue with prooftexts. Each to their own-- I'll leave you to it.
Or you have no answer for the plain reading of the scripture. No one can deny what it plainly says. My thoughts are that it plainly says in the Bible that God spoke and it happened.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quibble with you on your opinion of scripture. Nothing (in scripture) means nothing. Everything means something. We just might not clearly perceive or understand on one level or another.

I'm not sure exactly what it is you are referring to regarding angels, but I'll guarantee whatever it may be-- it has meaning.
Of course all of what is written has meaning.

I was referring to what is not written. I was referring to the three men who appeared to Abraham and Sarah in Genesis 18 when the Lord spoke with him and promised him a son. It is not written that they were manifest to him as children, but as "men." Meaning that God can a does manifest not according to age or according to the logic of men, but according to His own will. And if He can and does so with men, why not also with the universe?

And what of Adam, was He created a babe or a child who then grew to be a man? And in what "image"--that of an infant? No, but it is written that he was made a "man", not a babe.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or you have no answer for the plain reading of the scripture. No one can deny what it plainly says. My thoughts are that it plainly says in the Bible that God spoke and it happened.

Got it.

You think “created” means “spoke” — do you think every time scripture says God spoke, He was creating? Or is your understanding more of a one-way street where you get to pick and choose?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got it.

You think “created” means “spoke” — do you think every time scripture says God spoke, He was creating? Or is your understanding more of a one-way street where you get to pick and choose?
No. I think when Genesis says "God said " that he spoke. Then it tells us what happened next.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Mr E I not really know I’m sure the God could have chosen from a number of creation models that he had on his mind. Perhaps he realised that we like our sleep when dividing night from day : ) , As to numerology. Or from numbers to letters. They do say the power of 0 to 9 doth have the power to create and destroy entire worlds. But that be a much deeper and darker path to venture, from within another realm. Some doors are best left permanently locked. Just think upon Pandora’s box. Good nite
@Prim Interesting analogy there about numbers 0 to 9....I guess 10 corresponds with the number of human fingers?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Mr E you say ( To the ancients time was not linear, it was circular. And they marked time by observation and not calculation. ) Mr E me does think they used both. As to calculation they certainly had linear counting methods as shown through many clay tablets and Papyrus. We find accounting, commerce, currency, capital and private transactions all through their histories. They calculated extremely well even having calculation tools such as Abacus which enabled them to subtract use multiplications and divisions. we only have to look upon their many architecture structures of magnificence that do look down upon us from millenniums past unto this very today. Their precision of measurements be as precise as ours if not better in some regards. We have only to evaluate the great pyramid of Giza the tallest structure until the coming of the Empire State Building which only succeeded the Great pyramid in the 20th century. So their linear calculations would certainly have been on par when it came to evaluating the heavenly abode. Though you are correct that observation certainly played a big part in how the ancients viewed their world and the universe around them right up to this very day. Observation is as important today as it was back than. But were the ancient ones so wrong in their understanding in evaluating their world as a geocentric one ? What be the final authority when worlds do collide. Is it the ever changing world of science with its many anti biblical stances that continue to grace the hallways of the scientific world at a alarming rate. And who do seem very much hell bent on denying a very special creation and replacing the God entirely out of the picture, be that with some form of bacterial life that hitched a ride upon a meteorite from somewhere in far deepest space from so long ago. All heliocentricity ever seemed to do was replace a very special creation from the centre piece of Gods creation. Which now has been sent to the vast array of furniture and endless boxes coated over with cobwebs of time to the backwoods of some forgotten storage depo. Mr E yes all those things be true the daily week the monthly calendar and yearly cycle of the sun. But all days still do adhere to a 24 duration at least in our world anyway. Mr E It be the time of blowing the horn in Jerusalem. The feast of trumpets a new cycle of time and of life. May the full fruition of the head go well with their start to a new year.
@Prim You seem a very intelligent person; so maybe you have a background in degree-level analysis, applied now to this subject?

You are right that a lot of so called science is anti-Biblical.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Prim Interesting analogy there about numbers 0 to 9....I guess 10 corresponds with the number of human fingers?
Farouk the corresponding 10 is there in the 0-to 9. Add the 1 and 0 and you have your 10. Some do believe in those numbers you have infinity within your grasp. For some it be like I have become Death the destroyer of worlds 508CCA81-4E47-4610-869A-DAA0DEC3EE9F.jpeg F27711E0-AAB1-4412-BD61-12F4D709067D.jpeg460E5BA2-6C9F-4D9D-BFE5-ACF534380A41.jpeg

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Reactions: Prim

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you wonder about how to explain the fossils, and dinosaurs? Cave men? The Ice Age? How do all these relate to a Bible that seems to indicate an earth that is only about 6,000 years old? What about the "millions and millions of years"?

Watch as Kent Hovind shows how the geology and history of the earth confirm, and not contradict, God's Word, the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6-cVj-ZRivqKeqAklhYfFFmmAdvwcnCT

Much love!
I've seen him 3 times at my church over the years. I have several of his books. Two thumbs up.

Reactions: marks

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Prim You seem a very intelligent person; so maybe you have a background in degree-level analysis, applied now to this subject?

You are right that a lot of so called science is anti-Biblical.
Intelligence. Farouk Intelligence comes in many ways not only in the form of a doctorate or a degree-level. But yes agreed there be a lot of so called science that be in direct conflict with the biblical view. Add it to the list of the many hoaxes already perpetuated upon humanity.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Intelligence. Farouk Intelligence comes in many ways not only in the form of a doctorate or a degree-level. But yes agreed there be a lot of so called science that be in direct conflict with the biblical view. Add it to the list of the many hoaxes already perpetuated upon humanity.
@Prim I think it was Mark Twain who said that it's easier to fool people than to get them to recognize that they have been fooled....

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Prim I think it was Mark Twain who said that it's easier to fool people than to get them to recognize that they have been fooled....
Farouk truth be a scary thing for many. So which ever way the wind blows, perhaps people happily choose to remain fools especially when it comes to their well being and livelihood.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Farouk truth be a scary thing for many. So which ever way the wind blows, perhaps people happily choose to remain fools especially when it comes to their well being and livelihood.
@Prim I am reminded of Psalm 36.9: "In Thy light shall we see light": we need to be open to Scripture guiding us and leading us on from our entrenched opinions.