Cremation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Howbout my garage?

We can go ride dirt bikes afterward.
lol
This is where I expect to be if I died today....

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
unfort that was written present tense though eh, "but you have come?"
so imo at least consider ok? i hate to see ppl with better hearts than mine deceiving themselves
i mean at least understand why the pimps and hoes are beating us in yeh

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Just remember what happened to the big tree dreamed of by Nebuchadnezzar in the book of Daniel.

I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven; He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches: (Dan 4:13,14)

Looks like you have committed yourself to the pagan practice of cremation in spite of everything I have posted from Scripture. Which also means that you will lead others astray in this matter.
hmm, guess i missed something, hafta catch up here manana. Pagan practice of cremation, from Scripture? Who knew?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife's favorite hymn is: "I have been to the altar and witness the Lamb, burned wholly to ashes for me". (I should dig up the whole lyrics.)

have to ask though ...when this happened ‘witness the Lamb, burned whole to ashes for me.’ Might be a misinformation on my part but He was buried in a tomb and the stone rolled away on the third day. Where does He ‘burned whole to ashes for me’ come from? Not disagreeing...pertaining to the topic of to be buried or burned ...When was He burned?

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cremation, to cremate or not to cremate that is the question, if i was shakespear ... :D to me it makes no difference, as long as your soul is saved. what will it profit the dead or the living? nothing. look to the thing that are "ETERNAL". making a decision is a choice of yours, and really none of my business. if someone want a funeral, that's fine, and if they don't that's fine also, (with or without cremation). in the writting of the apostle Paul he states, by the Holy Spirit, Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way." these stumblingblocks need to be remove. if someone makes a decision about burial, and it don't affect, or hurt you what's the problem. the choice is your, I'm only concern if you're save or not, that's more important than the type of casket you're in or not. for when the Lord Jesus returns, and he give out crowns for us to wear, don't worry one size fit all. so no one will have the BIG head. at least in LIFE ETERNAL there is no little crown or a big crown that we're wearing, we will be all the same.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since I see no direct instruction in The Word about cremation...why would a Christian think it is wrong? Look at all those who have died in fires (many Christians as well)...nothing to bury ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. So, if a Christian chooses for various reasons to be cremated rather than buried or placed into a crypt does that suddenly void out their salvation? Flesh and blood will not inherit the Kingdom, but our glorified NEW bodies will, I don't think God needs our rotted corpse to give us new bodies.

"But someone may ask, ‘How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come"?

If we sow, we don't plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else...So it's supposed to be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body." 1 Corinthians 15:35, 37, 42-44

Our bodies will slowly decay and the Resurrection bodies are NOT what we were buried in anyhow. So, since I do plan on cremation, I'd love to hear other's take on this subject.
Thank you and God Bless
nancy
"God doesn't need a rotting corpse to create a new body". After 6000 years, there's a few people in the ground I would suggest the best scientists in the world would struggle to differentiate between them and dirt. At the Resurrection, if Jesus does need that dirt, He'll find it.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

unfort that was written present tense though eh, "but you have come?"
so imo at least consider ok? i hate to see ppl with better hearts than mine deceiving themselves
i mean at least understand why the pimps and hoes are beating us in yeh
Yes, the living saints were just one heartbeat away from all those invisible entities surrounding them.

Same as now.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not everything is declared in Scripture, Many things are implied and need to be discerned spiritually. So you want biblical authority, but you do not wish to believe what is implied.
I can think of another application where you, among numerous others, out of convenience set aside specific biblical directives and strive in order to justify it while accepting something in it's place that is not even implied at all, and is decidedly pagan in origin.
Before going hard line on this, you need to consider weightier things... Like judgement, mercy, and faith. Not everyone can afford to invest thousands of dollars in order to keep what in reality is a tradition, no matter how old it is. And I don't think God expects His children to burden themselves with debt unnecessarily.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anyone telling you they are looking forward to being with Jesus someday is by default admitting they
arent with Jesus right now, arent they?
I don't think so. I believe Jesus is here we me now, but not in a visible way. I don't perceive Him in a 5-senses sort of way. But in the age to come, that will be my environ, and I'll experience Him in that way.

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though dying, shall live. And he who lives and believes in me will never die. Believest thou this?"

Death more abundantly? This speaks to me of life more abundantly.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why else would the sea give up its dead?
The rapha. The spirits of the nephilim killed in the flood. Not angels, not human, they don't go to 'tartarus', they don't go to sheol, they roam the arid places looking for rest. The unclean spirits.

Rapha makes a fascinating OT search, but you need to get past the English translations, since, rapha and mooth tend to be conflated in some translations, I think.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't think so. I believe Jesus is here we me now, but not in a visible way. I don't perceive Him in a 5-senses sort of way. But in the age to come, that will be my environ, and I'll experience Him in that way.
you will, for sure? No doubt whatsoever? What do you mean by this--flowery and amorphous, ambiguous, sorry--"age to come?" Bc if you're still alive when that happens i might even agree with you :)
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though dying, shall live. And he who lives and believes in me will never die. Believest thou this?"
i suggest that we read that literally to comport with our desires, but a holistic Reading of Scripture suggests a better interpretation, wherein "live" and "die" are not taken so literally. Else There is only One Immortal, No one has ever gone up to heaven can hardly be true, can they?
Death more abundantly? This speaks to me of life more abundantly.
We are confident, i say, and even wish that we were absent from the body, and present with the Lord!

so, i dont know ok, but i sure would not be waiting for tomorrow for my life to begin.
Contemplate Legion as Christian believers, maybe,
He begged to be allowed to go with Him...
I wouldn't. I'm tellin' ya!
ok well you get to interpret No one has ever gone up to heaven for yourself, maybe bearing in mind that you also now know what you will become yeh

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks said:

you will, for sure? No doubt whatsoever? What do you mean by this--flowery and amorphous, ambiguous, sorry--"age to come?" Bc if you're still alive when that happens i might even agree with you :)

No doubt whatsoever? The depth of my belief? Blessed are those who don't see, and believe!

Age to come, i.e., after this age, in the resurrection, which I guess you don't believe in. And I do expect to still be alive, yes.

i suggest that we read that literally to comport with our desires, but a holistic Reading of Scripture suggests a better interpretation, wherein "live" and "die" are not taken so literally. Else There is only One Immortal, No one has ever gone up to heaven can hardly be true, can they?

I suggest that we read that literally because Someone is addressing us, and wants us to know these things I think. Life and death, don't mean life and death?

I'd ask you the same question I've asked so many people, and I never have gotten an answer to this.

What would Jesus need to have said if what He wanted us to believe that we would continue to have life in Him? If not, He who lives and believes in me will never die? What if that's actually what He meant?

How would you know, if you are determined to seek some meaning that what, contradicts the very words He spoke?

We are confident, i say, and even wish that we were absent from the body, and present with the Lord!

You may see this part as disengenuous, that is to say, projected onto others to show it false, I'm not so sure.

so, i dont know ok, but i sure would not be waiting for tomorrow for my life to begin.
Contemplate Legion as Christian believers, maybe,
He begged to be allowed to go with Him...

So . . . who is it you are thinking is waiting for tomorrow for life to begin? We have eternal life knowing God now. We get to both be with Jesus, and go into our towns.

ok well you get to interpret No one has ever gone up to heaven for yourself, maybe bearing in mind that you also now know what you will become yeh

I know we've mentioned these before, and I have no expectation that I'm just going to rise up into heaven on my own! No one does that except God.

The 'know what you will become', not sure where you're going with that.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not everyone can afford to invest thousands of dollars in order to keep what in reality is a tradition, no matter how old it is. And I don't think God expects His children to burden themselves with debt unnecessarily.
1. Firstly, there is absolutely no one who cannot afford a SMALL term life insurance policy to simply cover funeral and burial expenses. Which means that absolutely no one needs to go into debt.

2. Burial is Christian tradition for the simple reason that Christ was buried (entombed) and since Christians are buried with Him metaphorically in baptism, they must also be buried when they die.

3. All references to the resurrection apply to the graves being opened. That is because only pagans cremate their dead.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Life and death, don't mean life and death?
spiritual life and spiritual death are what could be in mind tho?

What would Jesus need to have said if what He wanted us to believe that we would continue to have life in Him?
i dunno, saved ppl go to heaven maybe, anyone might possibly become an immortal, any number of things

How would you know, if you are determined to seek some meaning that what, contradicts the very words He spoke?
ah well as i said i do not know marks, but of course i would certainly love to go up to heaven after i have literally died, become an immortal, etc, all of the things that Scripture specifically counsels will not happen.

And fwiw a personal "belief" in these i have no probs with, ppl, me, "believe" all kinds of things eh; but we call them "beliefs" specifically bc they cannot be proven, and thus cannot be stated as facts--even though they are, here, all day, every day, right? "it's like this and like that and like this"

so understand that i have no objection to your "beliefs," only you have not stated any that i am aware of? We seem to gather a collection of Absolute Truths, yeh, that can not be questioned or abrogated in any way, and then we expect Yah to honor these laws we have postulated, even though we are plainly told Your bargain with the grave will be annulled

so again i dont know, ok, i know nothing, and i only found out how to die by accident i guess...and lemme tell you, it is not by going to Luby's for a celebration after a little ego-building ritual baptism, yay you're in the club now, i am genuinely sad to say

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
spiritual life and spiritual death are what could be in mind tho?
Do you mean then that we continue to live in spiritual life after we die physically?

He who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so again i dont know, ok, i know nothing, and i only found out how to die by accident i guess...and lemme tell you, it is not by going to Luby's for a celebration after a little ego-building ritual baptism, yay you're in the club now, i am genuinely sad to say
I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God doesn't need a rotting corpse to create a new body". After 6000 years, there's a few people in the ground I would suggest the best scientists in the world would struggle to differentiate between them and dirt. At the Resurrection, if Jesus does need that dirt, He'll find it.

Lol...tru dat me bro!