Crucifixion Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
amen to that
BreadOfLife said:
More evidence of your Scripturally-bankrupt point of view.
i'm not sure why you are not sanctioned for this constant attack on other people; i can only guess that this is really a Catholic site, trying to masquerade as Christian. Obviously it is apples and oranges. You mostly make me want to apologize for the many decent hearted Catholics that i know, tbh.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
liafailrock said:
Oh I agree with you Mungo! Revelation 12 is about Messiah! Thus, by this passage alone dismisses a valid December 25th birthday of Messiah (thus Christmas is out the door). Like the Easter bunnies having no biblical evidence , I don't like celebrating on December 25 either.
Whether the date of 25th December is the actual date Jesus died is irrelevant and not the issue we are discussing. As with your other replies you avoid answering points actually made by replying to points NOT made. I have not mentioned the 25th December.

'Easter bunnies' are irrelevant to the celebration of Easter as the Passion and death of Christ. I don't know why you keep mentioning them. Smear tactics?

liafailrock said:
In the bible, God made his own calendar, times and seasons. We must not make our own because we think he was born December 25, but go by God's timing. Since you claim I don't supply enough evidence, I don't believe there is enough evidence for that date, either. This works both ways.
In the Bible God gave certain days feasts to the Jews. I am a Christian not a Jew. Saying we must not make our own has no Biblical support. But then, as with your other claims, you give no evidence to support your assertions.

I'm not suggesting you do not supply enough evidence for your claims. I'm suggesting you don't supply any evidence for your claims

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
Whether the date of 25th December is the actual date Jesus died is irrelevant and not the issue we are discussing. As with your other replies you avoid answering points actually made by replying to points NOT made. I have not mentioned the 25th December.

'Easter bunnies' are irrelevant to the celebration of Easter as the Passion and death of Christ. I don't know why you keep mentioning them. Smear tactics?

In the Bible God gave certain days feasts to the Jews. I am a Christian not a Jew. Saying we must not make our own has no Biblical support. But then, as with your other claims, you give no evidence to support your assertions.

I'm not suggesting you do not supply enough evidence for your claims. I'm suggesting you don't supply any evidence for your claims
The claims I make are in Leviticus 23. And while those feast days were given to the Jews, they are in turn to be a light to the world as Christ was. Even if they failed, the truth of the feasts stand. After all, you believe that Jesus died for your sins, don't you? Was that Easter or Passover? And when you received the Spirit is that something to do with Lent, Christmas or whatever, or rather Pentecost? So the feasts, by extension, pass on to the Gentiles as the feasts foreshadowed what Christ would do for all mankind. So, if you partake of forgiveness of sins, you partake of Passover, as that's what it represented. If you partake of the Spirit, you partake of Pentecost. So how is it you say it no longer applies to you being a Christian?? These feasts, foreshadowing Christs work, are the very thing that makes you a Christian. So which is it? God's feasts or feasts in paganism like Christmas, Easter, Halloween or lent? which are NOT in the bible.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
liafailrock said:
The claims I make are in Leviticus 23. And while those feast days were given to the Jews, they are in turn to be a light to the world as Christ was. Even if they failed, the truth of the feasts stand. After all, you believe that Jesus died for your sins, don't you? Was that Easter or Passover? And when you received the Spirit is that something to do with Lent, Christmas or whatever, or rather Pentecost? So the feasts, by extension, pass on to the Gentiles as the feasts foreshadowed what Christ would do for all mankind. So, if you partake of forgiveness of sins, you partake of Passover, as that's what it represented. If you partake of the Spirit, you partake of Pentecost. So how is it you say it no longer applies to you being a Christian?? These feasts, foreshadowing Christs work, are the very thing that makes you a Christian. So which is it?

Again you avoid answering my points. We are not Jews so we have no need to celebrate feasts given to the Jews as part of their (Mosaic) Covenant.

As far as Passover goes we celebrate the Passover that Jesus celebrated in the way he told us to.

For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." (1Cor 11:23-25)

That the season is called Easter is a quirk of English. What we celebrate at Easter is the Last Supper, the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus. Some of the feasts of the Jews may have foreshadowed what Jesus did for us but that is the point - they were shadows. We have the reality, the substance as Paul puts it..

Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a sabbath. These are only a shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. (Col 2:16-17)

liafailrock said:
God's feasts or feasts in paganism like Christmas, Easter, Halloween or lent? which are NOT in the bible.
That something is not in the Bible does not make it wrong. That is an extreme form of the unbiblical doctrine of sola scriptura.

There is nothing pagan about Christmas or Lent and you have not given any evidence that they are.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ya, it doesn't have to be in the Bible to be worshipped. Lol. There are no bunnies and eggs at Easter. Tra-la.
Your quirk fails to explain why we have the English word Passover, though, dunnit.

25 He will speak words against the Most High and oppress the holy ones of the Most High. He will intend to change religious festivals and laws, and the holy ones will be handed over to him for a time, times, and half a time.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a side note here, I am amazed at this site that people accuse me of making claims and assertions that I supposedly have no evidence for. Trust me, being a fan of Sir Isaac Newton, I would not make a claim unless I believed it had some validity. I'm not saying I'm always right, but I don't make claims lightly is my point and as someone who has not studied as if I just ramble out some ideas. So it's best to see why claims I make are thus stated.

The reason I say this is that I was accused on another forum of "making assertions" regarding flat earth theory I was saying why this earth can't be flat. I even gave mathematical proofs why the flat earth model does not work but yet after my proof, I am still accused of "making assertions" (without the accuser so much as showing one equation) . Trust me, one does not "make assertions" with actual numbers which I gave as a mathematical proof. Such things are calculated, not asserted. Yet, I am deemed as one "making assertions".

Only on a religious forum can some people make something as precise and black and white as mathematics subject to interpretation. I can see why Jesus did not get along well with the religious authorities of the day. LOL

Now all that said, the OP once upon a time used to debate the validity of a Friday crucifixion. He changed to a Thursday apparently in this thread, which while I don't agree with, I am at least more tolerant of. Since Christ stated he'd be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights, that's 72 hours. Simple as that. Since he arose the same time of the day he was placed in the tomb (in the evening) and since he was arisen for the feast of firstfruits, that means he arose Sabbath at sundown as Sunday commenced. 72 hours before then would be Wednesday at sundown as Thursday commenced, thus I believe he died on a Wednesday afternoon and placed in the tomb for the start of Thursday. Thursday night-day, Friday night-day, Saturday night-day; 3 days and 3 nights. As the Sabbath ended, he arose being fully alive for Sunday, the first day of the week.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
Again you avoid answering my points. We are not Jews so we have no need to celebrate feasts given to the Jews as part of their (Mosaic) Covenant.

As far as Passover goes we celebrate the Passover that Jesus celebrated in the way he told us to.
I just did answer your points. Don't confuse "no evidence" with "rejection of the answer" (like in the other forum I just mentioned). I think it's because you don't like what I said, not that there's no evidence. So what if the Lord told us to celebrate Passover thus and such? It's still Passover. If you don't want to celebrate the feasts, then fine. Don't but then as for the so-called Christian holidays I can say with Paul, "You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!" You are missing my point. If holidays don't matter, then celebrate none. But IF YOU MUST celebrate something, at least celebrate the biblical ones God gave and not traditions of men. If you celebrate ones God did not give, then you are adding to scripture, and doing something God forbids to the Israelites. Same with the weekly Sabbath. Sorry, but that's Saturday. I can't find a single quote of scripture that says its any other day.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
liafailrock said:
As a side note here, I am amazed at this site that people accuse me of making claims and assertions that I supposedly have no evidence for. Trust me, being a fan of Sir Isaac Newton, I would not make a claim unless I believed it had some validity. I'm not saying I'm always right, but I don't make claims lightly is my point and as someone who has not studied as if I just ramble out some ideas. So it's best to see why claims I make are thus stated.

LOL
Let me understand this correctly.

You make a claim.
You claim you have researched it and wouldn't make a claim unless you believed it had some validity.
Based on that we are supposed to believe whatever you claim without evidence - just your word for it.

LOL indeed!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
liafailrock said:
I just did answer your points. Don't confuse "no evidence" with "rejection of the answer" (like in the other forum I just mentioned). I think it's because you don't like what I said, not that there's no evidence.
I am not confusing "no evidence" with "rejection of the answer". That is your position.

Do you realise that "reply" is not the same thing as "refute"? Not that you actually reply to my points anyway.

liafailrock said:
If holidays don't matter, then celebrate none.
Why?

liafailrock said:
But IF YOU MUST celebrate something, at least celebrate the biblical ones God gave and not traditions of men. If you celebrate ones God did not give, then you are adding to scripture, and doing something God forbids to the Israelites. Same with the weekly Sabbath. Sorry, but that's Saturday. I can't find a single quote of scripture that says its any other day.
Again just assertions with no evidence given.

Oh, I forgot. If you make a claim then it must have some validity just because you claim it and so we must believe it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
liafailrock said:
I have done my homework for many years, "Bread of life". I'm not spreading lies but speak in truth and the Spirit of God. But don't take this to mean I'm anyone special. Just the facts. As for Acts 10, you know as well as I do that that was not referring to foods, but Gentiles. So..... even if Peter ate pork after that time forth, we must ask ourselves, why was he "kosher" before that vision? Indeed, if he was kosher, then so was Jesus otherwise this would not have been a surprise to him. He would have ALREADY been eating pork and unclean foods. Besides, do you REALLY want to eat an animal that eats their dead young? Not sexy. LOL

As for Colossians 2, right! I hold the weekly Sabbath and His feast days, so I won't let anyone judge me as to how I keep them, whether it be from those who celebrate Halloween, Christmas, Easter, or any Church of God folks who keep the Mosaic calendar. I'm free in Christ to celebrate His holy days in the bible. And I'm free to be relieved of Easter and Christmas.
I quoted Colossians 2 because YOU were passing judgment on those who eat pork.
Can you say, "Hypocrisy"??

As for not celebrating the Birth and Resurrection of Christ - that is up to you but there is no good reason for it.
The Bible doesn't support the idea of "Lone Ranger" Christians. But, then again - this is the scourge of disjointed, perpetual-splintering of Protestantism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
amen to that
i'm not sure why you are not sanctioned for this constant attack on other people; i can only guess that this is really a Catholic site, trying to masquerade as Christian. Obviously it is apples and oranges. You mostly make me want to apologize for the many decent hearted Catholics that i know, tbh.
There is nothing wrong with what I said.
I never called anybody a name and I merely stated that their point of view was Scripturally-bankrupt - because it IS.

Exposing falsehoods is never popular - especially to those to spread them . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
right you are just a breath of fresh air, and there is no comparison of your pie hole and a grave, almost surely probably.

i guess anything constructive in reply to that would be misconstrued, but you might examine your state of perpetual attack vis a vis virtually anyone who does not agree with you. This is psychotic behavior. It is never pleasant exposing Catholic heresy, so i don't expect you to agree, of course; but you might see that anyone can be a bit psychotic sometimes. People are often drawn to religion for the power trip it provides, i guess.
liafailrock said:
I just did answer your points. Don't confuse "no evidence" with "rejection of the answer" (like in the other forum I just mentioned). I think it's because you don't like what I said, not that there's no evidence. So what if the Lord told us to celebrate Passover thus and such? It's still Passover. If you don't want to celebrate the feasts, then fine. Don't but then as for the so-called Christian holidays I can say with Paul, "You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!" You are missing my point. If holidays don't matter, then celebrate none. But IF YOU MUST celebrate something, at least celebrate the biblical ones God gave and not traditions of men. If you celebrate ones God did not give, then you are adding to scripture, and doing something God forbids to the Israelites. Same with the weekly Sabbath. Sorry, but that's Saturday. I can't find a single quote of scripture that says its any other day.
ah, but the psychotics here have already informed you that Scripture is optional, lol.
I say psychotic because i note that you were properly condemned for your adherence to the Bible; or just for disagreeing, not sure which.
Of course neither one can be tolerated; you are required to be wrong, lol. Best wishes, and remember the sage advice about arguing with fools.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
bbyrd009 said:
ah, but the psychotics here have already informed you that Scripture is optional, lol.
I say psychotic because i note that you were properly condemned for your adherence to the Bible; or just for disagreeing, not sure which.
Of course neither one can be tolerated; you are required to be wrong, lol. Best wishes, and remember the sage advice about arguing with fools.
I was going to reply but then read your last sentence again.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Mungo said:
I was going to reply but then read your last sentence again.
why cast pearls before swine? Eventually someone will get fed up with the unceasing personal attacks, and perhaps then some discussion might resume. But Easter still will not have magically appeared in the Book, trust me on that.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
why cast pearls before swine? Eventually someone will get fed up with the unceasing personal attacks, and perhaps then some discussion might resume. But Easter still will not have magically appeared in the Book, trust me on that.
This hypocrisy coming from a person who constantly breaks the forum rules by charging that Catholics aren't Christian.
Do you actually read what you write - or do you count on others to expose your hypocrisy??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BreadOfLife said:
This hypocrisy coming from a person who constantly breaks the forum rules by charging that Catholics aren't Christian.
Do you actually read what you write - or do you count on others to expose your hypocrisy??
Catholic and Christian systems are vastly different, and you need to get a concept of "personal attacks" that more closely fits with reality as well, imo. I have already allowed that Catholics can follow Christ just like anyone else--even if you do not--so your characterization of me "charging" anyone is as spurious as the rest of your misguided, unChristian papist drivel. So how about you just go look for someone else to devour, and we will let you keep advertising how loving Catholicism is lol.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Catholic and Christian systems are vastly different, and you need to get a concept of "personal attacks" that more closely fits with reality as well, imo. I have already allowed that Catholics can follow Christ just like anyone else--even if you do not--so your characterization of me "charging" anyone is as spurious as the rest of your misguided, unChristian papist drivel. So how about you just go look for someone else to devour, and we will let you keep advertising how loving Catholicism is lol.
I'll stop exposing you when YOU stop telling lies.
How 'bout that?

PS - Spewing nonsense like Catholic and Christian systems are "vastly different" is as moronic as not understanding that a square is a rectangle . . .

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Yeah thanks. I'm not really arguing and have no hurt feelings. But I sure hope neither of our friends have medical conditions as I would not want to upset them to the point they get ill or whatever.

I knew the previous owner of this forum. Nice guy but I think he tolerated too much and even before it changed hands things were getting out of control sometimes so I won't say any more so as not to upset anyone else. The lady that helped him built this forum later started her own and we also became close friends. I stick my head in once in awhile for nostalgic reasons but I think this is enough now. Catch y'all later.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
liafailrock said:
Same with the weekly Sabbath. Sorry, but that's Saturday. I can't find a single quote of scripture that says its any other day.
The Jewish Sabbath is Saturday, the last day of the week. Sunday is described as the first the first day of the week in several places in Scripture.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
liafailrock, on 24 Mar 2017 - 4:07 PM, said:

liafailrock said:
Same with the weekly Sabbath. Sorry, but that's Saturday. I can't find a single quote of scripture that says its any other day.
Right. But now you are required to follow the entire Law of Moses, and you will die in your sins: from Galatians: "10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”[SIZE=.625em][e][/SIZE] 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.”[SIZE=.625em][f][/SIZE] 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them."