Cults And Their Faults

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I checked it out and am concerned of a red flag. They are red letter Christians I think, although I may be wrong. Sharing that love is everything. I checked out the red letter Christianity a little. And I would be concerned like @amigo de christo would be that we don't love wickedness being accepted. Although amigo and I have accepted different religions. We agree on that part.

So my definition of what good love is might be slightly different. Although I didn't totally follow the site and could be wrong.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People judge all the time don’t they, @dev553344

It’s a good place to learn the Bible. Spot on. It’s a school that teaches, and even allows you the freedom to seek out God, and not to believe just everything the man says.

Www.cult.love

Christian Ultra Libertarians for Truth, or cult, is an online learning center and community cultivating liberty in individual believers in Christ through knowledge of agape love.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People judge all the time don’t they, @dev553344

It’s a good place to learn the Bible. Spot on. It’s a school that teaches, and even allows you the freedom to seek out God, and not to believe just everything the man says.

Www.cult.love
We can accept sinners into our congregations but not be accepting of sin. I believe that is what the good example of Christ taught in the bible that I read. And he echoed it in his words.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way @dev553344 I guess you used the language red as like a communist society or something or, democrat or republican.

When someone starts bringing in world politics to their religion or Christianity.

They need to just stop. None of that stuff is edifying half the time, and is partial only to self, and one select group over the other.

Yes we are to respect our governing authorities but this is not the home looked for which is in the hereafter.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way @dev553344 I guess you used the language red as like a communist society or something or, democrat or republican.

When someone starts bringing in world politics to their religion or Christianity.

They need to just stop. None of that stuff is edifying half the time, and is partial only to self, and one select group over the other.
Come on @MatthewG, talk about judging, red letter Christians got that name because in bibles they would quote Jesus in red letters. So red letter Christians tend to only accept what Jesus says in the new testament and pretty much ignore the rest of the bible. The rest of the bible which is also directed by Jesus.

Reactions: Cassandra

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on @MatthewG, talk about judging, red letter Christians got that name because in bibles they would quote Jesus in red letters. So red letter Christians tend to only accept what Jesus says in the new testament and pretty much ignore the rest of the bible which is also directed by Jesus.
I never knew that.

None of what Jesus said was never to you or me.

I don’t care much for red letter bibles I thought you were talking more politics; so that was my assumption.

I still believe religion and politics do not mix at all due to Jesus never being about this world ever at all. Always he had his mind on the heavenly to come.

Reactions: Cassandra

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never knew that.

None of what Jesus said was never to you or me.

I don’t care much for red letter bibles I thought you were talking more politics; so that was my assumption.

I still believe religion and politics do not mix at all due to Jesus never being about this world ever at all. Always he had his mind on the heavenly to come.
Yes politics now days can ignore biblical teachings and often does.

Back to the topic. A cult is usually defined as teaching something sinister as others see it.

I wouldn't call red letter Christians a cult though, but perhaps they follow some false beliefs.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes politics now days can ignore biblical teachings and often does.

Back to the topic. A cult is usually defined as teaching something sinister as others see it.

I wouldn't call red letter Christians a cult though, but perhaps they follow some false beliefs.

cult​

noun

ˈkəlt

often attributive
Synonyms of cult
: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious (see SPURIOUS sense 2)
also : its body of adherents
the voodoo cult

a satanic cult

a
: great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (such as a film or book)
criticizing how the media promotes the cult of celebrity

especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad
b
: the object of such devotion
c
: a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion
the singer's cult of fans

The film has a cult following.

: a system of religious beliefs and ritual
also : its body of adherents
the cult of Apollo

: formal religious veneration : WORSHIP

: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgat

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I can't say I call Mormons a cult or Jehovah witnesses either or the Catholics. Perhaps they all share the common system that has false beliefs brought on by their leaders.

That's just false beliefs.

A true cult might be witchcraft or teaching astral projection or some other form of dark spirituality. Communion with evil spirits would be a cult too. So a spirit medium would be part of a cult. Devil worshipers are part of a cult.

The "Heavens Gate" cult of 1974-1997 viewed God as coming on a comet and that they would be taken away with him. That is what their leader taught who then convinced them to mass suicide so they would be spiritually free to meet the comet. Heaven's Gate (religious group) - Wikipedia

That is my opinion. And this is the definition of cult that relates to religious practices:

"a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister."

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am a Christian. For you or anyone else to deny that is for you to deny John 3:16-18.

I'm not saying our beliefs on everything are identical- there are notable difference between denominations. But the core of any Christian is that love of the Savior, the Son of God, and faith in Him.

If you are a Christian leave the church of latter day saints as that is not a Christian organisation, and does not teach Christian doctrine .

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can't we all get along?
Does the truth matter?

Do you accept that it is ok to believe that God was once a man, that he has a wife, that there are countless other gods.
Is this part of your Christianity?
Because it is a major part of Mormonism.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Well I can't say I call Mormons a cult or Jehovah witnesses either or the Catholics. Perhaps they all share the common system that has false beliefs brought on by their leaders.

That's just false beliefs.

A true cult might be witchcraft or teaching astral projection or some other form of dark spirituality. Communion with evil spirits would be a cult too. So a spirit medium would be part of a cult. Devil worshipers are part of a cult.

The "Heavens Gate" cult of 1974-1997 viewed God as coming on a comet and that they would be taken away with him. That is what their leader taught who then convinced them to mass suicide so they would be spiritually free to meet the comet. Heaven's Gate (religious group) - Wikipedia

That is my opinion. And this is the definition of cult that relates to religious practices:

"a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister."
Take a full fledged witch practicing astral projection, consorting with demons, and cursing others to death? Now compare them with a religious person who is kind to others and active in their community but they do not believe in Jesus.

What is the difference? The religious person will be mocked by demons for being surprised to find themselves burning in hell.

Reactions: Keturah

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a Christian leave the church of latter day saints as that is not a Christian organisation, and does not teach Christian doctrine .
No. I am a Christian. As is. I will not be abandoning my faith in Christ and where He leads me to be. A person is neither saved nor not saved based on the denominational label. Rather, a person is saved by faith in Jesus Christ- John 3:16. I believe that with every fiber of my being. I'm sorry if you refuse to see my love of Christ, but that doesn't change anything for me- I follow Him.

Does the truth matter?

Do you accept that it is ok to believe that God was once a man, that he has a wife, that there are countless other gods.
Is this part of your Christianity?
Because it is a major part of Mormonism.
Except it's not. I've already discussed the first point at length just for an example and you blatantly ignored it.

Reactions: Wrangler

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No. I am a Christian. As is. I will not be abandoning my faith in Christ and where He leads me to be. A person is neither saved nor not saved based on the denominational label. Rather, a person is saved by faith in Jesus Christ- John 3:16. I believe that with every fiber of my being. I'm sorry if you refuse to see my love of Christ, but that doesn't change anything for me- I follow Him.

Except it's not. I've already discussed the first point at length just for an example and you blatantly ignored it.
I have never posted anything that directly attacks your faith in Jesus.
If you believe in the Jesus found in the bible and not the Jesus taught/preached about by the latter day saints you are a Christian.

What I've posted about the lds is direct from there teaching.

As I've said if you don't believe what they teach, about God once being a man, about there being many gods etc etc you should leave them and attend a Christian church.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a full fledged witch practicing astral projection, consorting with demons, and cursing others to death? Now compare them with a religious person who is kind to others and active in their community but they do not believe in Jesus.

What is the difference? The religious person will be mocked by demons for being surprised to find themselves burning in hell.
I don't think demons will be talking in hell, all tongues are on fire and you can't open your mouth. Rich man and Lazarus.

I had to put out a grease fire in my house once, knew better than to open my mouth in the hot smoke.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here we go again!

Just out of curiosity, what makes LDS not a Christian group in your estimation?
They believe that God was once a man, that after he died he became a God, that through his wife he had children of whom Jesus is one.
They believe there are an infinite number of gods and that they can become the god of there own world.

These are not Christian teachings.

The marks of a cult are simple.

They deny that Jesus is God, Mormons say he is a God, not part of the triune God.
They deny the authority of the bible. Mormons say our Bible is corrupt as it contradicts the book of Mormon, which is superior to the Bible.
Claim to have new teaching or revelation other than the bible. Book of Mormon.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never posted anything that directly attacks your faith in Jesus.
If you believe in the Jesus found in the bible and not the Jesus taught/preached about by the latter day saints you are a Christian.

What I've posted about the lds is direct from there teaching.

As I've said if you don't believe what they teach, about God once being a man, about there being many gods etc etc you should leave them and attend a Christian church.
I'm going to be extremely direct here: you have repeatedly attack my faith in Christ, including in this post. I love the Son of God. I attend the church He call me to be, and will not be budging from this spot. Your accusations are false and deny John 3:16. I acknowledge & celebrate your relationship with Christ, but not this behavior.