Cults And Their Faults

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it does,
Read Ephesians 2 verses 8+9 for it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works so that no-one can boast.
Oy vey. Do you suppose LDS boast about earning their way into heaven AND that means they are not even Christians?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s truth that matters @Wrangler.

I believe a person who is the Mormon institution can become Christian.

I can’t judge the heart, but does that mean you don’t try to share and encourage by reading the Bible with one another, just to learn and grow?

They may not boast as much in themselves as they will for the Lord, and what he had done for them.

Ultimately that is a change of heart, by the spirit.

Wouldn’t you say?

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. And the truth is LDS consider themselves to be Christians who accept Christ as their lord and savior. That’s good enough for me.

Why is it not good enough for you?

Yes. They do believe that, and they have extra stuff added on top of that initial message.

It’s not up to me to judge.

What is important is finding commonalities between me and the other, rather than differences really.

Talk differences out when they come about, with nonjudgmental progression of conversation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many out there ready to drop
Cause you don’t believe like me!!!!! Points finger angerly.

“You are going to hell”

That is why I’m glad hell is done and over with.

Such a silly saying these days to hear honestly.

:rolleyes: You can’t do it on this website but many people think it.I am to the point I don’t care for the most part people make their choice.

There are only two places, outside or inside the heavenly kingdom.

Faithful or non-faithful

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not lied about you or about the church of latter-day saints.
A Christian believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. That salvation comes via faith in Him, the Savior of the world. John 3:16. That is the pure and simple Gospel. Nothing else added to it, such as "well you also got to proclaim Sola Scriptura and ace this theology test."

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God- He is my Lord, Savior, & King. My church teaches that, over and over again. Here's just a handful of actual references (all regarded as scriptures by LDS Christians):

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s truth that matters @Wrangler.

I believe a person who is the Mormon institution can become Christian.

I can’t judge the heart, but does that mean you don’t try to share and encourage by reading the Bible with one another, just to learn and grow?

They may not boast as much in themselves as they will for the Lord, and what he had done for them.

Ultimately that is a change of heart, by the spirit.

Wouldn’t you say?
Amen!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oy vey. Do you suppose LDS boast about earning their way into heaven AND that means they are not even Christians?
LDS Christians believe that salvation comes via faith in God. You can't earn it yourself-- that's a downright laughable absurdity. Real faith of course is not just shallowing saying "yeah, I believe" and then continuing to kiss Satan's feat same-old-same-old. Rather it's an entire change of heart, the old sinner being cast away and the new disciple being born. "Lord I believe" is the start and foundation of us following Him out of love.

It's funny how "anti-cult" sites then try to add a bunch of other stuff to this simple Gospel like "you got to believe xyzzy and not abc, and most importantly belong to my group and not group LMNOP! Everyone else is going to burn in Hell!" To me such is a huge red flag, and I find "anti-cult" places to be extremely focused on their own authority and very little on the First or Second Great Commandments.

• Love
Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LDS Christians believe that salvation comes via faith in God.
I've read your confession of faith many times. The anti-cultists ignore it.

It's funny how "anti-cult" sites then try to add a bunch of other stuff to this simple Gospel like "you got to believe xyzzy and not abc, and most importantly belong to my group and not group LMNOP! Everyone else is going to burn in Hell!" To me such is a huge red flag, and I find "anti-cult" places to be extremely focused on their own authority and very little on the First or Second Great Commandments.
I'm with you, sister!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well LDS have doctrine that goes beyond the bible and some of it is counter to what the bible says. So I'm a little confused about LDS. But I suppose it's really not my problem.

Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two major areas where the LDS church deviates from the bible is in drinking alcohol, which the bible spells out for the poor and dying. It also deviates in marriage in heaven from what Jesus taught.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s not really my problem either,

Either I can love
The person or hate them.

That is my choice and no one else’s.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think God is able of doing that by the spirit moving on the heart and mind of the human being, Devin?

I believe God and put me in my place really fast.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s look at love.

The definition.

“If with the tongues of men and of messengers I speak, and have not love, I have become brass sounding, or a cymbal tinkling; and if I have prophecy, and know all the secrets, and all the knowledge, and if I have all the faith, so as to remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing; and if I give away to feed others all my goods, and if I give up my body that I may be burned, and have not love, I am profited nothing.

The love is long-suffering, it is kind, the love doth not envy, the love doth not vaunt itself, is not puffed up, doth not act unseemly, doth not seek its own things, is not provoked, doth not impute evil, rejoiceth not over the unrighteousness, and rejoiceth with the truth;

all things it beareth, all it believeth, all it hopeth, all it endureth.

and now there doth remain faith, hope, love — these three; and the greatest of these [is] love.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭1‬-‭7‬, ‭13‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt a parent needs to help in correction for their sons or daughters @dev553344. If you love someone you wanna keep them from hurting themselves and others. But that doesn’t necessarily have to deal with “belief”.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP regards cults and their faults. Let's stick to the subject at hand.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well LDS have doctrine that goes beyond the bible and some of it is counter to what the bible says. So I'm a little confused about LDS. But I suppose it's really not my problem.
If you ever want me to clarify something, send me a DM.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you ever want me to clarify something, send me a DM.
I was LDS. So I know what they believe. I'm just not sure I follow it anymore.

The true church of Christ is spelled out in the bible and further defined by the actions contained in the sheep and goats. Common wealth of the church and away from economical segregation.

I don't doubt that Mormons visit the sick and elderly. But it's a few steps backwards from the church defined in the bible.

Reactions: Cassandra