Daring Death - a Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I bet your video preacher told you that. That's what happens when you rely on others to do your studying for you.

It would appear God can control our tongues. What do you think of that?

Luke 1
20 But behold, you will be mute and not able to speak until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words which will be fulfilled in their own time.”

k
How come if you know s much I put you on the ignore list. I put you there because you want to fight not debate. and your fighting from ignorance so why would Iconcider what you say. The men and women I lsten to walk the walk. You aint even got shoes on and you want to tell me. I am walking and seeing these signs follow me. You wont listen or learn the way you are heading.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come if you know s much I put you on the ignore list.

You talk about that ignore list like it means something. Ignore me, I don't care. All that means is you're not talking to me and I'm fine with that. It actually makes it easier to correct your errors if you're not asking me why I'm not praising you.

So go ahead, put me on your list...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 11:23. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Nothing to do with the law or moses or mount sinai the gentiles.
It says That whosover ......................Everyone any one you and me. Shall not doubt in his heart.
Whos heart mine or yours anyones except moses btw. Doesnt mention the Lord moving anything here.

When you say the Lord gave power to move "this" mountain to anyone that does not doubt, do you mean He gives power to move literal mountains? Or do you mean spiritual mountains in the way?

What does Mount Sinai have to do with the new covenant? "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Matt 5:17.

There is a scarlet thread woven throughout scripture. This thread does not begin at the new testament; it connects from the old testament to Jesus Christ and unto His Glory upon the Throne. "And Moses said unto the LORD, The people cannot come up to mount Sinai: for thou chargedst us, sayin, Set bounds about the mount, and sanctify it." Exodus 19: 23 We have been sanctified. Our clothes washed. By the blood of the Lamb. He sanctified us. Our High Priest.

"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
But
the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4 21-24

The gospel was taken to the gentiles. The mountain, the holy mountain, where the mosaic Law was given was fulfilled through Christ. Therefore the mountain has already moved, to the sea (the gentiles).

"Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth." Daniel 2: 34-35

I believe your argument is that as sons and daughters, as friends, Christ has given us power to move mountains for the Kingdoms sake? We have been given power to forgive sin, and to heal, Correct? Jesus Christ only did what He saw the Father do. The disciples only did what the Spirit showed them and gave them power to do. Every healing was ordained and connected in some way to the rest of God's word. Fulfillment of what God said He will do. At least, that is what I read.

I am curious, Do you think it was God's will for Eve to fall for the deceptive lies of the devil and taste the fruit? Do you think it was God's will for Man and Woman to remain peaceful and protected and fed in the garden? Consider, the LAMB was slain before the foundation of the earth. Consider the wilderness and Jesus being tempted in the same manner but overcoming. Was it God's will for man to fall? I am sorry. I believe in healings also. I believe in the power of prayer. I believe in the power of the Holy Ghost to fulfill the will of God. But I do not believe in laying hands on every one I see ill. It has to be spoken by God. Not random. Again, that is just my opinion. "Take up your bed and walk" connects to the old testament. It was a fulfillment. Not random.

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When you say the Lord gave power to move "this" mountain to anyone that does not doubt, do you mean He gives power to move literal mountains? Or do you mean spiritual mountains in the way?

I never said the Lord gave power you did. I quoted scripture. The word power was not mentioned. Really please quote what I say from now on.
What I mean means nothing stop asking what I think or mean if I quote scripture. If you are struggling with this very very basic scripture why are you teaching?
When did Jesus say it? who did He say it to? and why did He say it? That is what you should be looking at.
He was talking to the deciples and told the deciples. No matter what is in front of you it will move. IE cancer brocken bones fig trees water weather, debt. Nothing will be impossible to YOU. who? YOU believer nothing nothing . Nothing means nothing to YOU. Why would we want to moves a physical mountian for God. But like moses if we are being persued unto death if needed you could move the physical mountian to. You think NO. OK NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO YOU. Yes you. Nothing. Is this making sense to anyone?

What does Mount Sinai have to do with the new covenant? "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Matt 5:17.

I dont care about mount sinai. What about it. So Christ fulfilled the law cause man cant what? Its simple. You are making it complicated. What dod you want?

There are threads woven throughout scripture. These threads do not begin at the new testament; they all connect from the old testament to Jesus Christ and unto His Glory on the Throne. "And Moses said unto the LORD, The people cannot come up to mount Sinai: for thou chargedst us, sayin, Set bounds about the mount, and sanctify it." Exodus 19: 23 We have been sanctified. Our clothes washed. By the blood of the Lamb. He sanctified us. Our High Priest.

Yes we know that. We aint under an old covanant. I doesnt matter what they did or went through what s that to you today. Forget the OC we aint under it. ITs great but our covanant is better. Old covanant bring dath. New covanant brings life What do you want???????????????

"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
But
the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4 21-24

The gospel was taken to the gentiles. The mountain, the holy mountain, where the mosaic Law was given was fulfilled through Christ. Therefore the mountain has already moved, to the sea (the gentiles).

Ok I agree the mountian is moved away or we could say the stone is rolled away God moved its done healing like salvation is paid for. Belive and recive or dont and well you wont recieve fine. Whty would Jesus tell them if YOU ask the mountain to move and dont doubt in your heart. It will move. Because there are many mountians for us to move. If it was only one mountian why did Jesus soend Hid whole time in His minitry healing them all and moving there mountians for them? We are to move the moutians from people lives and each others lives. Why do you have the power of life and death in your tounge if you dont do anything. We have life in out tounges and WE decide what we will do with it. and for the most part our mouths are FULL OF unbelief. We talk unbelife in these forums all day quite happy and oblivuos to what we are doing. three people called me and out right liar in here. and three put me down because of my spelling. And they are all Christians. This is where we are in our walk in general.
We are all hurt as soon as anyone says the least thing to us. We are pathetic at best. satan accused job of being like him. and he does the same today. with us. and we fall for the lie. he knows hes done for. and hes attacking us through each other. and WE CHRITSANS fullfull satans work for him mostly oblivious to what we are actully doing. We are mostly willfully ignorant. Dont belive me? Jesus said I wonder if I will find any faith when I return. He said that after showing them every thing He had to show them. We have more than they ever did. and we are so full of confusion. I dont get hurt in here because I can see a little clearer than I used to see. Bless God. I do get feed up trying to share what I have and to share there is so much more than we have been taught. All ther gifts work and are for everyone who believes and walks in them. sighhhhhhhhhhhh.

I believe your argument is that as sons and daughters, as friends, Christ has given us power to move mountains for the Kingdoms sake? We have been given power to forgive sin, and to heal, Correct? Jesus Christ only did what He saw the Father do. The disciples only did what the Spirit showed them and gave them power to do. Every healing was ordained and connected in some way to the rest of God's word. Fulfillment of what God said He will do. At least, that is what I read.

You read a lot into a very simple word. jesus healed them all and tells the deciples tell them ie you and me and all believers to do what I did. Tell em there are born again clean and holy. they represent me as joint aires with me . Nothing will be impossible for them, anything YOU ask inmy name believing and not doubting they will get. Its all simple. But because we tried this and that and never saw instant results we give up. Becaue we never saw it before the people who did see the mountian move are liars like me.

I am curious, Do you think it was God's will for Eve to fall for the deceptive lies of the devil and taste the fruit? Do you think it was God's will for Man and Woman to remain peaceful and protected and fed in the garden? Consider, the LAMB was slain before the foundation of the earth. Consider the wilderness and Jesus being tempted in the same manner but overcoming. Was it God's will for man to fall? I am sorry. I believe in healings also. I believe in the power of prayer. I believe in the power of the Holy Ghost to fulfill the will of God. But I do not believe in laying hands on every one I see ill. It has to be spoken by God. Not random. Again, that is just my opinion. "Take up your bed and walk" connects to the old testament. It was a fulfillment. Not random.

I really dont care about eves fall or Adam or dinosuares or politics or the wars or anything. Jesus told me through his word the same as He told ALL Believers Go destroy the works of satan. satan came to steal, kill and destroy. I dont care about the news the homosexuals the abortions left or right. I am to do what I can with what i got for anyone who needs it.

But back to Eve. why would God ever ever do any thing wrong. Hes either love or not. Jesus said if you seen me you seen the Father. Hes talking heart here. It was always Gods will for adam and eve to walk in the cool of the day with him. I dont get why all theat happened happened but I dont care I know what my Father asks of me and I get on with it. I fail I fall I get angry I swear I waste precoius time. I fight with my wife I mistreat her more than I want to, I struggle with loving my children because of my flesh and serveing my flesh. BUt I know what God says about me and I am learning to live for You ie living not for my self. But living to serve. If your hurt about anything you living for YOU. We need to die. Really need to die. Dead people dont get hurt. Hidden in Christ you want get hurt. No longer i who live But Christ who lives in me. Its either true about you are not. Who you living for. I got to go strip the chicken for supper.

I dont know why I started crying just now :) I think its because Holy Ghost put His arm around me to encourage me.
I will share a quick testimnony. Woman took what we call a funny turn in her body.
saw her sunday in church. she asked if i would pray for her blood pressure to go down. I did normal very few words prayer. Blood pressure you balance in jesus name amen. This week she says her monitor showed it sky high since she got it. Not going down at all. since a few days. any she went home checked and it was perfect. she thought this thing aint working. she was going to get a replacment monitor. She tried again sunday night and it was perfect she though well I need to get another monitor. That night God said can I not heal you. She knew the monitor was correct she Got 100% healed. I never healed her God did. But he healed her a long time ago at the whipping post. God good all the time.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it means i aint hearing you

You've never heard me or anyone else who has tried to assist you in understanding, so what difference does it make? According to you, you're the only one on this site that "walks the walk".

You don't have a good thing to say about anyone on this site unless they're agreeing with you. You're constant accosting is not the behavior of someone who claims to "walk the walk". Your brash outbursts indicate immaturity in both life and the scriptures. Your haughty attitude concerning your healing abilities is laughable at best. No serious healer is going to say this:

I did it twice today and saw to men healed today. Its not two oclock here yet.

You're doing a great disservice to those who actually have that gift. Boasting about your spiritual gifts and then berating those who don't have what you have does not come from God. I see your motives as self seeking. You want praise and admiration and when you don't get it, you lash out.

If you can't take correction or criticism, you're in the wrong place. If you want to be a teacher, you need to cool your jets and start listening. If you want to be the one that's always right, go teach kindergarten.
k

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You've never heard me or anyone else who has tried to assist you in understanding, so what difference does it make? According to you, you're the only one on this site that "walks the walk".

You don't have a good thing to say about anyone on this site unless they're agreeing with you. You're constant accosting is not the behavior of someone who claims to "walk the walk". Your brash outbursts indicate immaturity in both life and the scriptures. Your haughty attitude concerning your healing abilities is laughable at best. No serious healer is going to say this:

You're doing a great disservice to those who actually have that gift. Boasting about your spiritual gifts and then berating those who don't have what you have does not come from God. I see your motives as self seeking. You want praise and admiration and when you don't get it, you lash out.

If you can't take correction or criticism, you're in the wrong place. If you want to be a teacher, you need to cool your jets and start listening. If you want to be the one that's always right, go teach kindergarten.
k
You call it boasting I call it sharing whats posible and the only one hurt here is you. I aint here to be your friend I aint here to be your friend. I am here to share whats possible. so far I seen two people take what I said and have an ear to hear even though they never geed to start with. Now that they gave an ear the believe and changed. They are the ones I am here for.
You sunshine are hearing the man and not his word. tiddle pip.

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to be a teacher, you need to cool your jets and start listening. If you want to be the one that's always right, go teach kindergarten.
k
See this is where you are going wrong You feel the need to tell me what I need to do. I dont do that I give you what I believe and you take it or leave it I dont feel the need for you to do anything. Thats your call I aint hurt if you dont exept it. I understand why. and I dont hold it against you. But you you want to ridicule me. fine I understand that. I just aint got time to listen to it.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
imo there is no reason the story cannot be literally true also; but "7" sons and "3" daughters might also be speaking on another level, and it does not hurt to consider parables from a completely different pov than the one you might be being led into, using known symbology for, in this case, 3, 7, son, and daughter, or consider whether Job is not an accurate representation of every seeker who accepts God conditionally, with their minds but not their heart, no relationship, what we all do at first, a religious approach, to fit God into our life instead of our life into God.

Instead Job is like almost worshipped as an example of a "sinless" guy who nonetheless got catastrophe heaped upon them by a capricious God, in the Christian retelling. And then we apply Job to ourselves when something we deem "evil" befalls us, instead of applying him to everyone else. And we then assume the position of one of "3" friends, each of whom sinned in a spec...well, etc

While there may also be another level: Any other "level" can not overthrow the plain and simple reading of the text from my perspective. Yes, there is obvious symbolism employed particularly in the Prophets as you mentioned one such case in a subsequent post.

Ezekiel speaks of Job in the company of Noah and Daniel, saying they would deliver only their own souls by their righteousness.

As for Job though, given all that befell him, one can hardly blame him.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
that would be a vastly superior approach imo as Christ is essentially a concept, a Spirit, and that stuff was written by guys who were acknowledged to be dialectical masters. And it still shows today--rabbis forum completely differently from us. Anyway, by all means believe it in as literal a level as you like too, but understand that you can read water or wine, and there is abundant acknowledged symbolism in Scripture.

Few people expect Christ to appear with a sword literally protruding from His mouth; swords and mouths have spiritual meanings then, obviously.

And yet, the "sword" has a rather obvious meaning from my perspective.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, the "sword" has a rather obvious meaning from my perspective.

I guess to some people, Jesus Christ is just coming back to have a jolly good time, you know, the touchy feely, hippy version of Jesus that's become popular.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
stop when it does not produce fruit

While I hear and understand what you are saying, it is far to subjective from my perspective. For if someone thinks/feels they are bearing fruit with such so to speak, we can end up with the "Gospel of SA".

which in my experience is usually some painful revelation about some sin of omission or whatever. something that i could do to manifest Christ better, that i haven't been doing yet because i won't look as cool or something

Understood.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
to that i would say that any figurative interpretation will have to stand up to the fire one way or another, may as well share it in a forum lol, but tbh if love your neighbor is 9/10ths of the law, imo we basically just debate the other 10% anyway

I can agree, it would need to stand up the fire. I have always found such interesting to layout before not only a group of one's peers, but to someone that also plays the devil's advocate really well, as well as to lay it out before one's enemies.

Whatever happened to the first of the two?

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Really this is all your going to reply to. You tell me how we learn together as I post my thought. But you decide to ignore every thing of any importance and decide to talk about the video,online . All I said about your wife and healing and faith and ignorance and you come back with nothing .

Really pathetic. You call me condecending because you got hurt.

Yes, that is all I decided to reply unto. As for getting "hurt", you didn't hurt me at all.

Can you raise my wife from the dead?

I remember a verse and you dont and you get hurt.

Huh?

listen it wont matter to you what ever I post. You are acting the same as all the other little petals that get hurt when confronted with truth . you dont wont to listen to people like me. and clearly you dont want to talk about what I said. other than the unmeaningfull tripe about talking online. You came in talking about why you wife was taken and I answer why and you dont even mention it. Its the biggest thing you heard since she passed. Wilfully ignorant

<hearty chuckle> You're killing me Smalls!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Well, does a man with fire in his eyes sound like someone to be trifled with? I would not mess with that guy.

That's what I mean, guess I am getting too old. Personal accountability and subjecting oneself to the authority of "God" has become almost meaningless amoung some. It's, yah, "Jesus" saved me, I'm going to party and it's all cool. I can do whatever I want, I can discount the "Sword", cause it can't hurt me.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I aint here to be your friend I aint here to be your friend.

"I ain't here to be your friend."

That's quite a statement. I bet everyone's impressed with your haughty brash behavior.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See this is where you are going wrong You feel the need to tell me what I need to do..........I just aint got time to listen to it.

Proverbs 15
32 He who disdains instruction despises his own soul,
But he who heeds rebuke gets understanding.
33 The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom,
And before honor is humility.

Proverbs 23
9 Do not speak in the hearing of a fool,
For he will despise the wisdom of your words.

You're talked about in the scriptures. How cool is that?

m

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your answer is not in Job your answer is in Christ. and finding one faith filled Christian to pray for you. There are very very few faith filled Christians about I know. Jesus said when I return will I find any FAITH IN THE WORLD. Job ws not even under a covanant but had an itegrity towards God. Job though likeDPMartin still thinks. That God is in control of every thing. which is totally wrong. God never allowed this to happen to you. He sent Christ to see us rise up and walk like Christ. satan comes to stael kill and destroy but DPMartin failed to poing a single finger at him. So much misteaching in all the churches where satan has got in and stole the truth from us. Believers lay hands on the sick and they will be healed. Problem is most Christians are not believers in the full sense. Most christians dont even know how to pray in the new covanant.

what are you talking about are you female? you sure are emotional about how the OPer feels. the truth set one free not a bunch of feel goods.

anyone who has been brought to desperate situation is defiantly Job. and if you've read the book of Job you would understand of which is seems you've haven't. it also seems apparent that you may have not been through anything desperate and painful. so maybe you should leave this type of discussion to those have been there done that and lost that t-shirt also. Job had a two way conversation with the Almighty, that's closer to same God then over 90% of so called Christians claim to pray to.

its amazing how one can't say anything around here with some jerk off expecting you to prove it or explain it, and its probably because the lights are on, but nobody is home. its rare anyone is that stupid there Sa-Ward. oh I forgot your self important I keep forgetting that. you do know that pride is stupidity, right? you can put me on you ignore list please.

Reactions: Job