Daring Death - a Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Brown

Jul 13, 2017
Orlando
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death Seekers are those who actively try to commit suicide. They might use a gun, poison, etc.

Death Darers are those who don't try to kill themselves, they just put themselves in dangerous situations they normally wouldn't.

I want to know if I can do the latter.

I'm very unhappy with life. I'm disabled and poor; I've tried multiple times to make myself a useful member of society so I can stop leeching, but every time I get knocked down.

I'm always one step away from having my life ruined and not being able to recover.

Constantly I'm in pain - because my disabilities and now my circumstances.

I'm in school, but I was just placed in one of those circumstances that I can't get out of. My new problem has me feeling sick / being in pain most of the day, and most days. (This isn't disability related, except that I don't have/can't earn the money to get away from it.)

I believe in God. In the past, I was certain I cherished him - but anymore I feel so beaten that it seems like I can't feel it, although I want to.

I know that if I were with christ now, I'd be happy. I'd feel loved, and my pain would be gone.

Most of all, I just want to be free.
I want my pain to end...

Can I intentionally put myself in bad situations? Will I go to hell?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you took your life today intentionally you would not go to hell. God loves you and wants whats best for you. He paid for your healing at the whipping post. You need a faith filled Christian to set you free. Its not God that is holding you in bondage and pain it satan. Jesus came to bring life. satan came to stael kill and destroy.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I know that if I were with christ now, I'd be happy. I'd feel loved, and my pain would be gone.
if you are not "with Christ" right now then i'm not sure how you expect to be by killing yourself, with all due respect.

Hell is a Christian invention, that you might note is no where in the Bible, not anywhere, as unbelievable as that sounds (go and bring me an example, and you will see), so "going to hell" per se is not really the issue, but i see that you are being told that you can commit suicide (basically) without worrying about eternal life, and i don't think this pov can be supported with Scripture.

i feel for you, and reading your op makes me realize how good i have it, while at the same time i can say that many or most people in the developed world seem to be reflecting your pov in some manner right now, me included, and i know this sounds weird, and seems counter intuitive, but more appreciation is likely the answer.

you might spend a morning reflecting upon whatever you have to be thankful for, which i know sounds pointless on your end, but will yield results. We are terribly spoiled, as a rule, and it is called "spoiled" for a good reason. I don't know why you might be going through the trials that you are, but it is surely so that you might become a better version of you. I wish you the best.

Reactions: aspen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death Seekers are those who actively try to commit suicide. They might use a gun, poison, etc.

Death Darers are those who don't try to kill themselves, they just put themselves in dangerous situations they normally wouldn't.

I want to know if I can do the latter.

I'm very unhappy with life. I'm disabled and poor; I've tried multiple times to make myself a useful member of society so I can stop leeching, but every time I get knocked down.

I'm always one step away from having my life ruined and not being able to recover.

Constantly I'm in pain - because my disabilities and now my circumstances.

I'm in school, but I was just placed in one of those circumstances that I can't get out of. My new problem has me feeling sick / being in pain most of the day, and most days. (This isn't disability related, except that I don't have/can't earn the money to get away from it.)

I believe in God. In the past, I was certain I cherished him - but anymore I feel so beaten that it seems like I can't feel it, although I want to.

Most of all, I just want to be free.
I want my pain to end...

Can I intentionally put myself in bad situations? Will I go to hell?

I have a friend who experienced a work accident was left with spinal damage of constant pain and doctors would hand him opioids all the day long until that became a new problem of its own. he in the mist of that came to know the Lord, and over the next few years decided to go cold turkey on the drugs and come what may. he eventually found an alterative way to live with his injuries and that alone took almost two years to get approved and now he can do basic functions and enjoy life to a certain limit.

as far as being useful to the world, don't worry about it the world will turn with us or without us. as you may notice the world isn't knocking itself out to see to your needs, so don't worry about the worlds needs. or your usefulness.

just keep yourself busy with what ever you haven't done before if you can, and keep searching for solutions that may help you live with and or rid your self of the pain that are drug free. and much of that while in pain according to my friend was what you entertain in your mind during such.

where you stand now sucks, it did for Job in the bible, you might want to read that book. remember the Lord is the same who you say you'd love to be with, is the One who has allowed this to happen to you. therefore why? read Job, it's awesome.

you must remember God doesn't value this life in the flesh like we do, the Life He value for you is the Life He has given you through His Son Jesus. therefore that's most likely what He is working on. what we want to hold on to is always what God holds onto in you.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you took your life today intentionally you would not go to hell.

This is the worst thing you can tell a believer who is contemplating taking their own life.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
where you stand now sucks, it did for Job in the bible, you might want to read that book. remember the Lord is the same who you say you'd love to be with, is the One who has allowed this to happen to you. therefore why? read Job, it's awesome.
Your answer is not in Job your answer is in Christ. and finding one faith filled Christian to pray for you. There are very very few faith filled Christians about I know. Jesus said when I return will I find any FAITH IN THE WORLD. Job ws not even under a covanant but had an itegrity towards God. Job though likeDPMartin still thinks. That God is in control of every thing. which is totally wrong. God never allowed this to happen to you. He sent Christ to see us rise up and walk like Christ. satan comes to stael kill and destroy but DPMartin failed to poing a single finger at him. So much misteaching in all the churches where satan has got in and stole the truth from us. Believers lay hands on the sick and they will be healed. Problem is most Christians are not believers in the full sense. Most christians dont even know how to pray in the new covanant.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
you must remember God doesn't value this life in the flesh like we do, the Life He value for you is the Life He has given you through His Son Jesus. therefore that's most likely what He is working on. what we want to hold on to is always what God holds onto in you.
This is not true man. That is not scripture. jesus whole ministry was setting people free every where He went. He went to the whipping post for your healing and paid in full. You are selling Jesus short by teaching falsely the way you are doing. Let not many of you be teachers for there is a far stricter judgment for those who teach. Why is there no fear of teaching in here. and we see all manner of lies against God every day in here.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
trying to point out that God is not Santa Claus, perhaps. You cannot sow something, and then pray for God to change the reaping, at least i don't think so.

I cannot smoke until i get cancer and then expect to be able to go to God in prayer for healing iow.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
trying to point out that God is not Santa Claus, perhaps. You cannot sow something, and then pray for God to change the reaping, at least i don't think so.

I cannot smoke until i get cancer and then expect to be able to go to God in prayer for healing iow.
Where did God tell you that?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 4
12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Dont you know how to read in context?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the worst thing you can tell a believer who is contemplating taking their own life.

I disagree. The threat of Hell is not going to stop someone from attempting to escape Hell. Understanding that a Loving God, a being who will never abandon you even when you want to run blindly as far away from him and your true self, is promoting life.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So tempting the Lord only applies if you're talking to Satan?
A person who smokes then asks for healing . God is not looking at them the way you do. He loves them and knows there lost condiction. His love runs way deeper than your shallow thinking does. This is not tempting testing God

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What then you just lie to them?
No what it is . id you have a pronlem with me. and you look for the worst thing you can find. then add to it. You have nothing good to say do you. you never mentioned the two up lifting videos I posted or any of the encouraging woerds I said. This is why I ignore you. I gave you another chance to talk reasonable.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What then you just lie to them?
No what it is . id you have a pronlem with me. and you look for the worst thing you can find. then add to it. You have nothing good to say do you. you never mentioned the two up lifting videos I posted or any of the encouraging woerds I said. This is why I ignore you. I gave you another chance to talk reasonable.

You need to stop playing the victim. I know you believe you have all the answers......but you don't. If you can't take criticism and correction, you're in the wrong place.