Dark Disney Movies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well even though we are still about several months away from our virtual Disneyland trip, I was just having this discussion about The Lion King that I didn't realize how dark it was for a children's movie/family film. The whole part about Mufasa not only dying but being killed on screen and having little Simba witness it and then being blamed for his father's death was an extremely dark subject. Now we have Coco where murdered characters has become a concept. Can anybody think of anymore movies like this? (I think they both still have really good stories btw.)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I still remember bambi losing her mum , lol ( long time ago now, about 54 years )
I think it was the first time as a child that I encountered death ( if you know what I mean ) !

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still remember bambi losing her mum , lol ( long time ago now, about 54 years )
I think it was the first time as a child that I encountered death ( if you know what I mean ) !

Actually Bambi was a him but yeah that was really sad. That was a LOT less dark than the stuff that happened in The Lion King though.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this were true (which it's not) then The Lion King would be even darker. o_O

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh yes, bambi was a him !
I guess it’s how you view ‘ dark ‘ and how it impacts. As an adult watching the Lionking I don’t think I viewed the death in the same way because it’s how nature is, yet as a child it was not really something I was aware of in the same way.
Rita

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes, bambi was a him !
I guess it’s how you view ‘ dark ‘ and how it impacts. As an adult watching the Lionking I don’t think I viewed the death in the same way because it’s how nature is, yet as a child it was not really something I was aware of in the same way.
Rita

Agreed which is what my whole entire point of my OP was and it's alright as usually you think of a girl for the name so I completely understand lol

Reactions: Rita

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a kid, we didn't have TV. Went to see Swiss family Robinson. The pirate attack and snake attacks were really scary. Now I look up those scenes on YouTube and they are so fake all I can do is laugh.

Reactions: April_Rose and Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I recently did that with the old doctor who programs that use to have me hiding behind the sofa !
Disney, and cartoons don’t really age, so it’s more your perception and understanding changes.
Rita

Reactions: April_Rose