Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk if I understood you correctly, but Christmas actually is rooted in the occult ...it goes back to Nimrod (etc).

This I would like to look into.
I think what I'll do is vote for conservative Christians, since the amount of babies mutilated and murdered in abortions far outweigh any ritualistic sacrifices. The ritualistic sacrifices is vague as to the reality of it at best, from what I read in the article you presented. So yeah it probably does happen, but we don't know to what extent. But we do have abortion statistics.

But honestly what is it you think I should do?

Very sad you should go there. Amount shouldn't matter. Very precious children in God's eyes. Id rather you just agree to disagree and leave it there.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually I go by this verse like on Easter:

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Seeing everything surrounding Halloween though, Id rather not do anything at all. Treat it like a normal day. Pray for those hurting from this "innocent" holiday. I can never look at Halloween in the same way.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Everyone"?? That is not what I said. Not everyone in the world is part of the cult. I don't think you're even attempting to hear me. I know you'll do what you want to do anyway. It's not up to me to convict ...I only must share the truth. The rest isn't up to me.

@TLHKAJ the first matter you should resolve is to free yourself from that cult, it honestly sounds like you haven't since you indicated your life is being threatened. I looked on the FBI website (Welcome to FBI.gov | Federal Bureau of Investigation) and it indicated that if a life is being threatened to call 911.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're telling me sources tell you that 1 million babies will be sacrificed and everyone is involved?
Their is another machine at work as we speak . And it has sacrificed millions upon millions of babies to its god . Its called abortion .
We must have no part of any evil . whether its helloween or abortion .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ the first matter you should resolve is to free yourself from that cult, it honestly sounds like you haven't since you indicated your life is being threatened. I looked on the FBI website (Welcome to FBI.gov | Federal Bureau of Investigation) and it indicated that if a life is being threatened to call 911.
This helloween , let us remember our brother timothy . Yes he was amonst the very early church .
Paul had written two letters to him .
Now why should we remember timothy , you might ask . Well
lets first say HE lived for the glorious LORD. NOW that is beautfiful .
And as he lived for JESUS he also died for JESUS .
SO now lets talk about the event that led up to his death .
Many , many moons ago , years , decades , centuries , in fact almost two millineia ago ., there was a man named timothy .
HE had been an elder at the church in ephesus . He lived , even as his dear friend paul was crucified , he lived on
for quite a few years . Timothy in his late age in life had grown in the LORD only more .
He noticed something one day . A celebration known as catagogian . A celebration
where they dress up as their gods , in masks and etc , and honor the day of the dead and etc .
Now timothy had seen this . And he was not about to dress up and hug them all and say oh its harmless fun .
NOPE . Timothy rebuked them . And they beat that man so bloody , he died about two days later .
SO , my question is , IF timothy died rebuking that , WHY Does the church today , THINK oh its harmless
GOD Is love , and yes i have heard some say , IF JESUS was here he would be dressed up as well .
COUGH COUGH , TALK ABOUT BLASPHMEY . OKAY , onward we go . Satan always makes evil appear harmless
ITS WHAT HE DOES MAN . LET no man , woman , child , donkey , dog , cat , bird , lizard , IN any way participate
in helloween . Cause it sounds JUST LIKE catagogian TO ME . THEY dress up as they gods , they idols and etc . ITS ALL BAD NEWS .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This helloween , let us remember our brother timothy . Yes he was amonst the very early church .
Paul had written two letters to him .
Now why should we remember timothy , you might ask . Well
lets first say HE lived for the glorious LORD. NOW that is beautfiful .
And as he lived for JESUS he also died for JESUS .
SO now lets talk about the event that led up to his death .
Many , many moons ago , years , decades , centuries , in fact almost two millineia ago ., there was a man named timothy .
HE had been an elder at the church in ephesus . He lived , even as his dear friend paul was crucified , he lived on
for quite a few years . Timothy in his late age in life had grown in the LORD only more .
He noticed something one day . A celebration known as catagogian . A celebration
where they dress up as their gods , in masks and etc , and honor the day of the dead and etc .
Now timothy had seen this . And he was not about to dress up and hug them all and say oh its harmless fun .
NOPE . Timothy rebuked them . And they beat that man so bloody , he died about two days later .
SO , my question is , IF timothy died rebuking that , WHY Does the church today , THINK oh its harmless
GOD Is love , and yes i have heard some say , IF JESUS was here he would be dressed up as well .
COUGH COUGH , TALK ABOUT BLASPHMEY . OKAY , onward we go . Satan always makes evil appear harmless
ITS WHAT HE DOES MAN . LET no man , woman , child , donkey , dog , cat , bird , lizard , IN any way participate
in helloween . Cause it sounds JUST LIKE catagogian TO ME . THEY dress up as they gods , they idols and etc . ITS ALL BAD NEWS .

Thanks for that bible story, and yes beating someone to death is evil, and worshiping false gods is sin. I don't think trick or treating children put anyone at risk for being beat to death though, come on let's be sensible.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for that bible story, and yes beating someone to death is evil, and worshiping false gods is sin. I don't think trick or treating children put anyone at risk for being beat to death though, come one let's be sensible.
NO but it is still partaking of the evil . You want to justify why you do as you do . WHEN in truth
i am not here to condemn you , I COME only to help you see this for what it is .
GOD is full of mercy , but the worst thing we can do , when we are found in error , Is to try and justify why we do .
WHY not just repent of it . You need to seriously pray about this my friend .
I told you this is how satan works . HE made halloween appear as fun and cute for the kids . But
if we dress up and participate in it , NO MATTER why , we have become partakers of thier evil deeds .
I know most folks who celebate halloween , DONT drink blood , nor pray to other gods . BUT whether in ignorance or not
THEY are participating in it , they are a part of the spirit behind that move . AGAIN i know most folks do it just for fun
BUT STill its wrong to do so . ALL you need to do is cease from it . Its that easy . DID i come saying , TOO late for you , your going to hell.
OR DID i simply come out of great concern and love FOR YOU , to help you to cease from any kind of supporting this .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I mentioned that and got attacked.
Did they attack you because you spoke of the evil of abortion . I TROW NOT . They responded to you
because you support another evil . Folks are only trying to help you my friend .
I did much evil in my life . But grace appeared i was LED to JESUS and a new heart given .
That was back in may of two thousand and six , DID you know even though it was just a few months later
that halloween arrived , I was already strongly convicted to have nothing to do with this .
I never judged those who did this , as i myself was once lost and did this . BUT I DO TRY and help folks to cease from it .
ITS evil my friend . NO matter how innocent it can be dressed up to appear . AND we in no way want to be partakers of evil .
The thing is , you can now no longer claim to be igornant of this . For some are warning you even now .
ITS one thing do something in ignorance , quite another to continue on doing it , EVEN after being warned .
THIS leaves you in danger now my friend . Cause you have been warned and reminded .
SO its real simply . DO you want to remain in error and danger , OR why not just cease from it . CAUSE
that is all you need to do , is simply cease from it and not support it . NOW how easy is that . SO i am here
ONLY to help you . Not to attack , BUT out of LOVE TO CORRECT you .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did they attack you because you spoke of the evil of abortion . I TROW NOT . They responded to you
because you support another evil . Folks are only trying to help you my friend .
I did much evil in my life . But grace appeared i was LED to JESUS and a new heart given .
That was back in may of two thousand and six , DID you know even though it was just a few months later
that halloween arrived , I was already strongly convicted to have nothing to do with this .
I never judged those who did this , as i myself was once lost and did this . BUT I DO TRY and help folks to cease from it .
ITS evil my friend . NO matter how innocent it can be dressed up to appear . AND we in no way want to be partakers of evil .
The thing is , you can now no longer claim to be igornant of this . For some are warning you even now .
ITS one thing do something in ignorance , quite another to continue on doing it , EVEN after being warned .
THIS leaves you in danger now my friend . Cause you have been warned and reminded .
SO its real simply . DO you want to remain in error and danger , OR why not just cease from it . CAUSE
that is all you need to do , is simply cease from it and not support it . NOW how easy is that . SO i am here
ONLY to help you . Not to attack , BUT out of LOVE TO CORRECT you .

I would participate in this thread, but it appears to be closed except for those that promote that people that celebrate Halloween are committing evil. I've already stated my opinion on the matter and you new appear to be passing judgment onto others. Which is evil.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would participate in this thread, but it appears to be closed except for those that promote that people that celebrate Halloween are committing evil. I've already stated my opinion on the matter and you new appear to be passing judgment onto others. Which is evil.

It closes the conversation when you say those who don't celebrate Halloween are isolating and have mental illness.

And I don't think you believe ritualistic sacrifices are happening, or you wouldn't have said what you did. Abortion is a big issue, but that is not what this is about. These children matter too.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giving up your "night of fun" in order to give yourself to prayer....that would be a good start.
Hmmm? I wonder how many of us are already fully compliant with the three verses below?

"Pray without ceasing." I Thess 5:17

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" Phil 4:4

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." Phil 2:3

Does anyone besides me still have work to be accomplished in himself in any of these areas? For me and for you these things are impossible, but for God in us? How much time is left to us to surrender completely to God so that He can do these things? Why has Apostle Paul warned us Not to quench the Spirit?

Reactions: Mayflower

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's exactly right. You see evangelicals came up with an American myth of what Halloween was and people believed them instead of really find out the truth. You see humans do that a lot they here something and instead of research it they instantly believe what they hear. Some do that because well they are lazy, some do it because they are busy and it sounds good, some do it because they so want to believe lies are truth, and still others do it because they want to be accepted by their peers.

I think you can see from this site that it's just not Halloween but many other topics people here believe lies about. You'll get this kind of silliness about Christmas, Easter, Traditional Christianity, Catholicism, and many other topics just because people don't, won't, or refuse to find out and understand

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly right. You see evangelicals came up with an American myth of what Halloween was and people believed them instead of really find out the truth. You see humans do that a lot they here something and instead of research it they instantly believe what they hear. Some do that because well they are lazy, some do it because they are busy and it sounds good, some do it because they so want to believe lies are truth, and still others do it because they want to be accepted by their peers.

I think you can see from this site that it's just not Halloween but many other topics people here believe lies about. You'll get this kind of silliness about Christmas, Easter, Traditional Christianity, Catholicism, and many other topics just because people don't, won't, or refuse to find out and understand

And the Truth is...?

"Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all." John 18:18

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Reactions: Mayflower

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I decided years ago that I wouldn't discuss Halloween (or any of the other Christianized pagan holidays) with overbearing judgmental Christians. It didn't take me long to realize that doing so was like trying to reason with a brick wall and expecting the wall to answer you back with a rational response. I won't listen to them drone on and I take their criticism with a grain of salt. I've made good use of the ignore button on this site.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It closes the conversation when you say those who don't celebrate Halloween are isolating and have mental illness.

And I don't think you believe ritualistic sacrifices are happening, or you wouldn't have said what you did. Abortion is a big issue, but that is not what this is about. These children matter too.

Well I researched a little from information I found online which was researched by others, as well as looked into an article presented by a member here. Both stated that a lot of the reports of such Satanic activity come from people that also suffer from Associative Identity Disorder which included multiple personalities.

There are also daycare incidents which are disturbing. And not entirely unpredictable, since there are a lot of predators out there. They used to have a "Megans Law" website when I lived in California. I looked at it and the blips that indicated predators was all over the place and concentrated near schools. There's probably far more children that get abused by criminal predators than children of Satanic Rituals. And then there's abortion. I choose my battles wisely.

But this thread is about whether it's OK to celebrate Halloween. I don't see anything wrong with celebrating Halloween.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah the Christmas part of this thread hit me a little to extreme and anti-Christian.

Reactions: historyb

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much of this is

I was thinking about honoring the Saints and Martyrs on Halloween in honor of All Hallows' Eve, which seems to be inline with Orthodox teachings I think. But I think I'll also watch Van Helsing and check in on Aprils party.

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thinking about honoring the Saints and Martyrs on Halloween in honor of All Hallows' Eve, which seems to be inline with Orthodox teachings I think. But I think I'll also watch Van Helsing and check in on Aprils party.

Me too except I'll watch Abbott and Costello :) If I can get Van Helsing streaming I'll watch that too. I wish they made a part 2 to Van Helsing

Reactions: dev553344