Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too except I'll watch Abbott and Costello :) If I can get Van Helsing streaming I'll watch that too. I wish they made a part 2 to Van Helsing

Yeah, some of the best movies are solo and never have a part 2. Kids don't visit me for candy cause I live in the Ghetto neighborhood where I live, but I live in a pretty nice Ghetto compared to some. But we have gang activities around where I live.

When I had my children living with me we would go to church and trick or treat from other church members out of our car trunks to be safe. I thought that was smart. We also had a party. I miss the in-person fellowship since the Corona Virus hit.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I decided years ago that I wouldn't discuss Halloween (or any of the other Christianized pagan holidays) with overbearing judgmental Christians. It didn't take me long to realize that doing so was like trying to reason with a brick wall and expecting the wall to answer you back with a rational response. I won't listen to them drone on and I take their criticism with a grain of salt. I've made good use of the ignore button on this site.
I don’t believe I’ve ever placed anyone here on ignorant, seeing most have placed themselves there.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too except I'll watch Abbott and Costello :) If I can get Van Helsing streaming I'll watch that too. I wish they made a part 2 to Van Helsing

The 2004 Van Helsing movie isn't scary enough for me. I'm not into movies like that myself. I'm not into Jason, Freddy or Michael either. I hate dolls and clowns, so movies with either one is out of the question. However, I tried to watch Annabelle once, but it freaked me out and I didn't finish the movie. Dolls and clowns give me the creeps. I can't emphasize enough how I hate dolls. I actually prefer psychological thrillers like Bird Box or The Fourth Kind. I also prefer a series like Supernatural, The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead or another series of this nature.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I do have strong feelings about Halloween, but if I rubbed anyone the wrong way, I apologize. I get very passionate when it comes to children. If you do go out, stay safe and have a good night. God bless ya'll.

Reactions: dev553344

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe I’ve ever placed anyone here on ignorant, seeing most have placed themselves there.
I know that I have not. If someone's posts really not at all edifying I simply ignore the posts. Sometimes God wants me to respond to someone even though I would rather not. I have read good posts from many of the people I seldom converse with... God does know what He is doing even when I have not a clue!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that I have not. If someone's posts really not at all edifying I simply ignore the posts. Sometimes God wants me to respond to someone even though I would rather not. I have read good posts from many of the people I seldom converse with... God does know what He is doing even when I have not a clue!
Well, the way I see it is rather they be ignorant or I it isn’t necessarily the individuals fault, me closing the door only prevents opportunities to learn.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
75375a68f4e647d41832614d57d3de47--tweety-happy-halloween.jpg

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you are dear sister . i was hunting for you today . Keep on with the prayers sister .
Guess what i was suddenly hit with this morning . Such a strong , strong reminder on something .
Do you remember the prayer that JESUS told us to pray .
Our Father who art in heaven , HALLOWED by YOUR NAME .
HIS NAME is HALLOWED . But satan is deceptive aint he . He has us calling a day of evil as HALLOW . Yeah . Ponder that one .
IT hit me hard this morning . HELLOWEEN is the only name i will call it .

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This man on the video quotes Paul stating that the devil masquerades as an angel of light.

How is it in your opinion that little children dressed up in costumes are trying to give a message of light?

Also, in your opinion are the participants in Halloween in trick or treating...... the devil?
If you would ask me an honest question, I'd be happy to reply....

Reactions: amigo de christo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you would ask me an honest question, I'd be happy to reply....
The man quotes Paul several times in the video in his letter to Corinth.
the devil himself masquerades as an angel of light.

what do you believe this scripture means?
2 Corinthians 11:14 KJV
[14] And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
My apologies, Satan is transformed into an angel of light.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The man quotes Paul several times in the video in his letter to Corinth.
the devil himself masquerades as an angel of light.

what do you believe this scripture means?
2 Corinthians 11:14 KJV
[14] And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
My apologies, Satan is transformed into an angel of light.
I believe the scripture means exactly what it says. It's very clear and I don't see how it can be misunderstood.

And no, I don't believe children are satan or devils. And I don't believe that's what the man in the video is saying. What he IS saying is along the lines of calling evil good...saying something is holy when it isn't.

Reactions: amigo de christo