Dead to the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible says different

No disrespect intended , but I will not be debating with you....your Doctrine is sheer madness and you are to far- gone to reach.....best of luck to you...[/QUOTE]

as usual Protestant fundamentalists have no answers

only spiritual blindness

scales acts 9:4

Reactions: BarneyFife

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain acts 8 then

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

why the same doctrine? Faith and baptism
Why rejoice? Faith and baptism make him a Christian
Member of Christ in the new covenant
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Philip preached Jesus! How does the eunuch know about baptism????

NO, you have been told time and time again, and given examples in scripture!

Baptized into Christ is the real salvation! When the man said, "I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God" his sins were forgiven by the Blood of the Lamb and washed away by the Blood. It happened that very second.

Now he is water baptized confessing Christ as His Saviour! The act of water baptism is showing what the Holy Spirit did when He entered and baptized him into Christ.

How hard is this to understand? Can't you see that professing water baptism as necessary for salvation is denying that Christ's shed blood is enough?

I'm telling you it is blasphemy!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse explains itself if you read it, and dont just try to use it to teach water cult theology.

Read it.
Its says.

"if you BELIEVE WITH ALL YOUR HEART".

So, that is the GOSPEL........>"believe on Jesus and you shall be SAVED".

THEN....

Get in the water., just like the verse says.

Water baptism FOLLOWS Salvation.
Always,
It comes AFTER.

then water baptism is completely meaningless and faith alone is salvation?
Faith alone is the (huh) outward sign of the new covenant???????

explain

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Believing is salvation and salvation is nearer than when we believed
Fuzzy thinking at best

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
then water baptism is completely meaningless and faith alone is salvation?
t

Thats correct.

God accepts our Faith to "Justification by faith".

"Abraham BELIEVED GOD (FAITH) and this Faith was counted as Righteousness".

Notice : "counted as righteousness".

See, we dont have any Righteousness. WE are SINNERS.
So, God accepts our FAITH< to give us His Righteousness, as "the gift of righteousness".
And THAT Alone= makes us, Righteous.
Not water.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO, you have been told time and time again, and given examples in scripture!

Baptized into Christ is the real salvation! When the man said, "I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God" his sins were forgiven by the Blood of the Lamb and washed away by the Blood. It happened that very second.

Now he is water baptized confessing Christ as His Saviour! The act of water baptism is showing what the Holy Spirit did when He entered and baptized him into Christ.

How hard is this to understand? Can't you see that professing water baptism as necessary for salvation is denying that Christ's shed blood is enough?

I'm telling you it is blasphemy!

no it is applying Christ’s blood or the merits of it to the soul in baptism that imparts grace

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no it is applying Christ’s blood or the merits of it to the soul in baptism that imparts grace

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

You're is a dangerous place my friend! All I can do is pray for you!

I have no hard feeling for you, I understand you are taking a stand for what you believe and I respect that!

I just despise Catholicism and what it is doing to so many!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats correct.

So, God accepts our FAITH< to give us His Righteousness, as "the gift of righteousness".
Not water.

explain Romans 13:11?
Or the holy council of the apostles at Trent that said “if anyone who says justification or salvation is by “faith alone” let him be anathema
Matt 16:18 and 18:18
Bound on earth bound in heaven

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats correct.

Not water.

No the grace (merits of his passion and death cross and blood) are received in baptism and the sacraments

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have no hard feeling for you, I understand you are taking a stand for what you believe and I respect that!

All I have is scripture

ignorance of scripture is ignorance of Christ
So rejection of scripture... well you get the picture

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

your the one who is outside the church founded by Christ on the peter the apostles and their successors Matt 16:18

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

————————-

The obedience of faith!

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

Taught the one true faith revealed by Christ to His apostles! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

We are not commanded to read and make doctrine for ourselves but obey those who God puts in authority.

or you could have scripture insights that shows I’m misunderstanding scripture

I ask questions and none can answer them

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you weren't addressing me but for the record, I don't believe that at all. If that were the case, none of us would have any hope, obviously. :)

Exactly....that is why jbfplusluckyreoentance is in error and so are you and many others in here....Jesus died for ALL sins ....if not, everybody has sins they forgot or did things they did not even know where Sins.....and then there are those pesky” sins of omission” nobody wants to talk about.....also, if you break just one Commandment.....you have broken them all....mankind has no chance.....but for Grace....and the forgiveness for ALL sins...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly....that is why jbfplusluckyreoentance is in error and so are you and many others in here....Jesus died for ALL sins ....if not, everybody has sins they forgot or did things they did not even know where Sins.....and then there are those pesky” sins of omission” nobody wants to talk about.....also, if you break just one Commandment.....you have broken them all....mankind has no chance.....but for Grace....and the forgiveness for ALL sins...

yahoo!!! then all are saved! All sins are forgiven!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

baptism or Christian baptism does not mean water? Jn 3:5 why did the go immediately to the river (water) and baptize????

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I totally agree with you here. I don't see how I could be in error in this case. All cheap grace peddlers claim that any talk of obedience to God is a sure sign of legalism. It really gets old. Like a broken record. Not a word of what sin cost Jesus from any of you. Every time we sin we add to His suffering on the cross, retroactively (I think that's the right word). And don't tell me that's impossible, because God is eternal.

The iniquity of us all was laid on Christ as our Substitute and Security. The guilt of every descendant of Adam was pressing on His heart.

All His life Christ had been proclaiming the good news of the Father’s pardoning love, but now with the terrible weight of guilt upon Him He could not see the Father’s forgiving face.

This pierced His heart with a sorrow that no human can ever fully understand. This agony was so great that He hardly felt His physical pain. Satan wrung the heart of Jesus with fierce temptations.

Hope did not tell Him that He would come out from the grave a conqueror, nor did it tell Him that the Father accepted His sacrifice.

Christ felt the anguish the sinner will feel when mercy will no longer plead for the guilty race.

It was the sense of sin, bringing the Father’s wrath on Him as our Substitute, that broke the heart of the Son of God. Angels hid their faces from the fearful sight.

The sun refused to look on the awful scene. Its full, bright rays were illuminating the earth at midday, when suddenly it seemed to be blotted out. Complete darkness surrounded the cross. “Until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land.” There was no natural cause for this darkness, which was as deep as midnight without moon or stars. It was a miraculous God-given testimony that would confirm the faith of later generations.

In that thick darkness God hid His presence.

God and holy angels were beside the cross. The Father was with His Son.

Yet He did not reveal His presence. In that dreadful hour Christ was not to be comforted with the Father’s presence. In the thick darkness, God veiled the last human agony of His Son.

All who had seen Christ in His suffering had been convicted that He was divine. Through long hours of agony He had been open to the view of the jeering multitude.

Now He was mercifully hidden by the mantle of God.

A nameless terror held the crowd gathered around the cross.

Cursing and insults stopped.

Vivid lightning occasionally flashed from the cloud and revealed the crucified Redeemer.

Priests, rulers, executioners, the mob, all thought their time to be punished had come. Some whispered that Jesus would now come down from the cross.

At the ninth hour, the darkness lifted from the people but still enclosed the Savior.

No eye could penetrate the deep gloom that enshrouded Christ’s suffering.

Then “Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, ‘Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?’ that is, ‘My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?’”

Many who believed on Him heard His cry of despair. Hope left them. If God had forsaken Jesus, in what could His followers trust?

The spotless Son of God hung upon the cross, His flesh lacerated with stripes, His hands nailed to the wooden bars, His feet spiked to the tree, His royal head pierced by thorns.

And all that He endured—the agony that racked His body, and the unutterable anguish that filled His soul at the hiding of His Father’s face—speaks to each child of humanity, declaring:

For you the Son of God consents to bear this burden of guilt;
for you He plunders the domain of death;
for you He opens the gates of Paradise;
for you He offers Himself as a sacrifice—from love to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No disrespect intended , but I will not be debating with you....your Doctrine is sheer madness and you are to far- gone to reach.....best of luck to you...

as usual Protestant fundamentalists have no answers

only spiritual blindness

scales acts 9:4[/QUOTE]
More like faux Protestant Evangelicals :)

WHAT IS YOUR HURRY, PEOPLE?

What, indeed, is your hurry?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I totally agree with you here. I don't see how I could be in error in this case. All cheap grace peddlers claim that any talk of obedience to God is a sure sign of legalism. It really gets old. Like a broken record. Not a word of what sin cost Jesus from any of you. Every time we sin we add to His suffering on the cross, retroactively (I think that's the right word). And don't tell me that's impossible, because God is eternal.

The iniquity of us all was laid on Christ as our Substitute and Security. The guilt of every descendant of Adam was pressing on His heart.

All His life Christ had been proclaiming the good news of the Father’s pardoning love, but now with the terrible weight of guilt upon Him He could not see the Father’s forgiving face.

This pierced His heart with a sorrow that no human can ever fully understand. This agony was so great that He hardly felt His physical pain. Satan wrung the heart of Jesus with fierce temptations.

Hope did not tell Him that He would come out from the grave a conqueror, nor did it tell Him that the Father accepted His sacrifice.

Christ felt the anguish the sinner will feel when mercy will no longer plead for the guilty race.

It was the sense of sin, bringing the Father’s wrath on Him as our Substitute, that broke the heart of the Son of God. Angels hid their faces from the fearful sight.

The sun refused to look on the awful scene. Its full, bright rays were illuminating the earth at midday, when suddenly it seemed to be blotted out. Complete darkness surrounded the cross. “Until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land.” There was no natural cause for this darkness, which was as deep as midnight without moon or stars. It was a miraculous God-given testimony that would confirm the faith of later generations.

In that thick darkness God hid His presence.

God and holy angels were beside the cross. The Father was with His Son.

Yet He did not reveal His presence. In that dreadful hour Christ was not to be comforted with the Father’s presence. In the thick darkness, God veiled the last human agony of His Son.

All who had seen Christ in His suffering had been convicted that He was divine. Through long hours of agony He had been open to the view of the jeering multitude.

Now He was mercifully hidden by the mantle of God.

A nameless terror held the crowd gathered around the cross.

Cursing and insults stopped.

Vivid lightning occasionally flashed from the cloud and revealed the crucified Redeemer.

Priests, rulers, executioners, the mob, all thought their time to be punished had come. Some whispered that Jesus would now come down from the cross.

At the ninth hour, the darkness lifted from the people but still enclosed the Savior.

No eye could penetrate the deep gloom that enshrouded Christ’s suffering.

Then “Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, ‘Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?’ that is, ‘My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?’”

Many who believed on Him heard His cry of despair. Hope left them. If God had forsaken Jesus, in what could His followers trust?

The spotless Son of God hung upon the cross, His flesh lacerated with stripes, His hands nailed to the wooden bars, His feet spiked to the tree, His royal head pierced by thorns.

And all that He endured—the agony that racked His body, and the unutterable anguish that filled His soul at the hiding of His Father’s face—speaks to each child of humanity, declaring:

For you the Son of God consents to bear this burden of guilt;
for you He plunders the domain of death; for you He opens the gates of Paradise;
for you He offers Himself as a sacrifice—from love to you.

so all are saved? And that’s a question! Be nice if they ever answered!