Death Blow

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. - Philippians 3:10-11.

Have you ever felt the death blow? The cross working in you. The cross works in you even when I do not know the cross is the death blow. What died on the cross. Something died in Christ on the cross the moment he gave up the ghost. Death had reigned from Adam to Moses. And now the death came to death. Killed out on the cross. That cross is working in you.

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. - Romans 5:14.

You will feel that death blow. We die daily by that death. It is death working in you, by the death on the cross. There is no life apart from death.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - John 12:24.

We preach death, without death there is no life.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. - Philippians 3:10-11.

Have you ever felt the death blow? The cross working in you. The cross works in you even when I do not know the cross is the death blow. What died on the cross. Something died in Christ on the cross the moment he gave up the ghost. Death had reigned from Adam to Moses. And now the death came to death. Killed out on the cross. That cross is working in you.

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. - Romans 5:14.

You will feel that death blow. We die daily by that death. It is death working in you, by the death on the cross. There is no life apart from death.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - John 12:24.

We preach death, without death there is no life.

It is so true, just as Christ had to die so He might be raised to a new life, we too must die to the old by faith, that we too might be raised to a new life, and that also by faith….

Be blessed in the faith that moves God…

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Reactions: soul man

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 10:39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Our ego, the false-self, is a self-fabricated deception story which became our bondage to self. This bondage enslaves us to this world, and our flesh. It is that part of us that needs to be silent and still...

Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death is tricky, because we feel we have a life.
Matthew 10:39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Our ego, the false-self, is a self-fabricated deception story which became our bondage to self. This bondage enslaves us to this world, and our flesh. It is that part of us that needs to be silent and still...

Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

Death is hard to understand because we feel we still we have a life. And we do, as you quoted. But the life we have, or had, is all the things you describe. A fake false pseudo life - death life in the garden. That was in Adam in the fall. And it is in us. The new life can be learned.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Death is tricky, because we feel we have a life.
Death is hard to understand because we feel we still we have a life. And we do, as you quoted. But the life we have, or had, is all the things you describe. A fake false pseudo life - death life in the garden. That was in Adam in the fall. And it is in us. The new life can be learned.
Agree and disagree. As you said, it is tricky.

The ego, or false-self, has learnt many thousand deceptions. And the more we recognize them the subtler and cunning they ego gets _ stealth-like. So, that is why I like Psalm 46:10. It reminds me to re-focus on God/Truth. . . to be what Truth is, unconditional. This disarms the conditional, fear-based false self. Our old self cannot be killed off, since we have memories. However, we can keep it still, waiting to be fed by our fears, which are conditional.

We are sent to be a witness for God. Our life is like a theater stage with either God is on the stage, or our old self acting out (self-will-run-riot) takes over the stage. Being unconditional starves the old-self with inattention, and leaves the stage to avoid being vulnerable and exposed as being nothing but an act. When the stage is empty, Truth/God's Will enters into our stage, or our consciousness, and we become the expression of Truth/God's Will for us. As soon as we lose focus on God, we become conditional and fearful. . . God retreats from our false-witness to let us be responsible for it.

Unconditional expression is truthful, loving, and faithful. If it does not have all three, it is a trick.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree and disagree. As you said, it is tricky.

The ego, or false-self, has learnt many thousand deceptions. And the more we recognize them the subtler and cunning they ego gets _ stealth-like. So, that is why I like Psalm 46:10. It reminds me to re-focus on God/Truth. . . to be what Truth is, unconditional. This disarms the conditional, fear-based false self. Our old self cannot be killed off, since we have memories. However, we can keep it still, waiting to be fed by our fears, which are conditional.

We are sent to be a witness for God. Our life is like a theater stage with either God is on the stage, or our old self acting out (self-will-run-riot) takes over the stage. Being unconditional starves the old-self with inattention, and leaves the stage to avoid being vulnerable and exposed as being nothing but an act. When the stage is empty, Truth/God's Will enters into our stage, or our consciousness, and we become the expression of Truth/God's Will for us. As soon as we lose focus on God, we become conditional and fearful. . . God retreats from our false-witness to let us be responsible for it.

Unconditional expression is truthful, loving, and faithful. If it does not have all three, it is a trick.

Yes.. but we say is it Christ now that does the living - no life outside of Christ as the life. The only Life that is written is; he that has the son has life.. for the life is in the son. His life not another life in believers. There is no life that can be lived. No human life of there own. They created in the image and likeness of God. In the soul of expression.

Reactions: Invisibilis

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes.. but we say is it Christ now that does the living - no life outside of Christ as the life. The only Life that is written is; he that has the son has life.. for the life is in the son. His life not another life in believers. There is no life that can be lived. No human life of there own. They created in the image and likeness of God. In the soul of expression.
I agree. Christ is the way, the truth, and the life.