Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were judging people with the death penalty.
I was judging ur judgement which I feel bad about now cos I do try not to judge.

No I am not, I am taking a Biblical view. God instituted the Death Penalty and even had Israel put it in her laws and it was a deterrent because people knew that it would be carried out and substantially it was not carried out that much. In the New Testament the Death Penalty was never abolished and if you think because Jesus said "let those without sin cast the first stone" that God hated the Death Penalty than you are not thinking straight because God killed two people Himself in the infant Church. The Death Penalty is a goo and just thing when used properly which is almost never if the populace behaves and understands that it will be used. Putting a mass murder in jail for life whom killed mothers, fathers, and children is not Justice and they might as well be free to kill again.

A whole lot of Christians think the law is gone, it is not. We may not be under the law but it is still in effect and in the shema (St. Mark 12:29) Christ gave the 10 commandments mushed down into two - Love God with your whole heart and love others as yourself. This does not mean that we let justice go undone because all of a sudden we are flower people hippies it means that we show love always and when someone breaks a law of man or God the proper punishment must be meted out even Death. As St. Paul says "For rulers are not to be feared by those who do good, but by those who do evil. Would you like to be unafraid of those in authority? Then do what is good, and they will praise you, 4 because they are God's servants working for your own good. But if you do evil, then be afraid of them, because their power to punish is real. They are God's servants and carry out God's punishment on those who do evil. " (Romans 13:3-4). Just because we Christian are under grace and not the law does not mean we can flaunt man's law for if we do evil we deserve to get punished because God gave the leaders the authority for even the Death Penalty.

The problem is we have become to soft on crime and let people literally get away with murder like in the riots happening, they should have been stop and the proper punishments handed out for Justice to be done instead they are left to kill, steal, and destroy. I leave you all with this from God Himself who is the same today, yesterday, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).

“Whoever sheds the blood of man,
by man shall his blood be shed,
for God made man in his own image."

Genesis 9:6

Now I am going to leave this topic, it is highly emotional and cause arguments and fights. In this time where all Christians of every strip are under attack heavily by the enemy we do not need to be at each others throats. Once this is over with we can go back to arguing and fighting :D

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bobby Jo @Heart2Soul

I think what kcnalp was trying to convey was the faults in the justice system, unfairness and corruption

Defence barristers are very expensive, many innocent people get convicted simply cos they cannot afford an attorney
On the flip side many guilty people walk free cos they had the money to pay an attorney

So the question would then become this; can the justice system be trusted with capital punishment
It can't be trusted with a divorce hearing!....the judges have become openly biased and corrupt...it is the jury that votes on the death penalty isn't it?

Reactions: Nancy and historyb

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I forgive, but I still expect those who break the law to be held accountable for what they chose to do. IMHO....if we have no laws to protect the innocent and punish criminals then we have havoc....look at the riots...people have lost everything...some have died....I can forgive them but I pray God will avenge the innocent.

There are better ways than the death penalty, yes Kim Jong Un is a bad guy, but I don't want him dead, I rather he repents and turns to Jesus, I rather he changes from a Saul to a Paul. A great testimony would come out of it. And many would know he became a changed man, if it happens.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are better ways than the death penalty, yes Kim Jong Un is a bad guy, but I don't want him dead, I rather he repents and turns to Jesus, I rather he changes from a Saul to a Paul. A great testimony would come out of it. And many would know he became a changed man, if it happens.
It would indeed!

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But until then, -- which will in all likely hood NEVER OCCUR, because he's already MURDERED his half brother:

Kim Jong Nam: Kim Jong Un 'ordered' half brother's killing, South Korean intelligence says - CNN

Other than every murderer standing before GOD to receive Judgement, they should stand before man so that they cease and desist from ADDITIONAL MURDERS.

But what do YOU care about the innocents, when you're SO CONCERNED about protecting the GUILTY?!?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are lawyers who lie like the Devil! You gonna execute someone for the Devil?
@Bobby Jo @Heart2Soul

I think what kcnalp was trying to convey was the faults in the justice system, unfairness and corruption

Defence barristers are very expensive, many innocent people get convicted simply cos they cannot afford an attorney
On the flip side many guilty people walk free cos they had the money to pay an attorney

So the question would then become this; can the justice system be trusted with capital punishment
Bingo! The courts, like government, are CORRUPT! I had a friend who's own lawyer conspired with a judge to steal his farm!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It can't be trusted with a divorce hearing!....the judges have become openly biased and corrupt...it is the jury that votes on the death penalty isn't it?

The biggest problem with the justice system is this that there is no regulating authority...

Im not saying every trial is corrupt and its certainly harder in a big case with a jury
But still there is 1994... OJ Simpson... 2018... Cardinal George Pell... "Lawyer x" scandal with the Victoria police. And God knows how many more injustices

But my biggest concern is the ordinary person who hasn't got a spare $100,000 for legal fees. If i want some one in jail i would find it easy to convince the police of pressing charges. They are keen as mustard to press charges and will do so with out evidence, especially if they know your u haven't got a lawyer.

For lawyers and some prosecutors there is no right or wrong, just win or loose and money.

Thats why i don't trust anyone but God himself to make the correct judgement on death

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Im not too sure how much of a bad guy he is. Its what the media tells us but what has he done, nothing i think.

But u know what iv noticed about u Josho... LoL
U have a humble spiritual maturity that is unseen in someone your age. I never see u get into big arguments.
I was such a hot head at your age, your like a slurpee in the summer, chill... LoL. U can laugh at people including urself

U are the complete opposite of what a person your age is. Ur very suspicious indeed Josho... LoL
U definitely didn't grow up this side of town. Didn't u say u were from SA, did u grow up in a rural area?

Reactions: Josho

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bingo! The courts, like government, are CORRUPT! I had a friend who's own lawyer conspired with a judge to steal his farm!

Ok. My concern was more for the person who doesn't have a spare $100,000 for legal fees.
He gets the death penalty for not having the cash

There are incorrect decisions as well like OJ Simpson and George Pell

But there is always the chance for corruption when there is man and money left unchecked

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Im not too sure how much of a bad guy he is. Its what the media tells us but what has he done, nothing i think.

But u know what iv noticed about u Josho... LoL
U have a humble spiritual maturity that is unseen in someone your age. I never see u get into big arguments.
I was such a hot head at your age, your like a slurpee in the summer, chill... LoL. U can laugh at people including urself

U are the complete opposite of what a person your age is. Ur very suspicious indeed Josho... LoL
U definitely didn't grow up this side of town. Didn't u say u were from SA, did u grow up in a rural area?

I was born in Port Augusta, spent the first few years of my life in Stirling North, then moved close to Brisbane, spent a few years there, then moved to Victoria, did most of my growing up in the Dandenong Ranges, we now live in far eastern part of the Yarra Valley now though.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was born in Port Augusta, spent the first few years of my life in Stirling North, then moved close to Brisbane, spent a few years there, then moved to Victoria, did most of my growing up in the Dandenong Ranges, we now live in far eastern part of the Yarra Valley now though.

Hmmm very suspicious...

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The biggest problem with the justice system is this that there is no regulating authority...

Im not saying every trial is corrupt and its certainly harder in a big case with a jury
But still there is 1994... OJ Simpson... 2018... Cardinal George Pell... "Lawyer x" scandal with the Victoria police. And God knows how many more injustices

But my biggest concern is the ordinary person who hasn't got a spare $100,000 for legal fees. If i want some one in jail i would find it easy to convince the police of pressing charges. They are keen as mustard to press charges and will do so with out evidence, especially if they know your u haven't got a lawyer.

For lawyers and some prosecutors there is no right or wrong, just win or loose and money.

Thats why i don't trust anyone but God himself to make the correct judgement on death

It is some difficult times for Catholic Priests in Australia. A few were guilty, but many Priests are innocent and people do blame innocent priests for something that they did not do.

As I have said somewhere before if I was to become a Catholic priest, I would probably get falsely accused too.

Oh wow only a month ago I copped a spray for saying that I thought George Pell was innocent on Facebook. Haha.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But until then, -- which will in all likely hood NEVER OCCUR, because he's already MURDERED his half brother:

Kim Jong Nam: Kim Jong Un 'ordered' half brother's killing, South Korean intelligence says - CNN

Other than every murderer standing before GOD to receive Judgement, they should stand before man so that they cease and desist from ADDITIONAL MURDERS.

But what do YOU care about the innocents, when you're SO CONCERNED about protecting the GUILTY?!?
Bobby Jo

Maybe I do care for innocents? ;)

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am a fair bit further out haha, I live 1 and a 1/2 hours from Melbourne.

I'de say your maybe out past Healesville which is what i guessed Brake was from...
But u said the Dandy ranges so im thinking around Belgrade or Warbuton

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I do care for innocents? ;)

... and maybe you have a different agenda -- like excusing someone who has EARNED the penalty of the law, just because he "accepted Jesus". And don't get me wrong, -- the thief on the cross was FORGIVEN, but he still paid the penalty of DEATH for his transgression.

Bobby Jo

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'de say your maybe out past Healesville which is what i guessed Brake was from...
But u said the Dandy ranges so im thinking around Belgrade or Warbuton

Oh right near the redwoods actually, that got locked down hahahha.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is some difficult times for Catholic Priests in Australia. A few were guilty, but many Priests are innocent and people do blame innocent priests for something that they did not do.

As I have said somewhere before if I was to become a Catholic priest, I would probably get falsely accused too.

Oh wow only a month ago I copped a spray for saying that I thought George Pell was innocent on Facebook. Haha.

Ye because they released the findings of a Royal Commission from 2017 which in their OPINION they think he is guilty.
This only a month after the High court made the final ruling. The Royal Commission is worthless. The High court is the highest.

But the media lapped it up as if "see he is guilty" and now cops have reoped an investigation on him and there will likely be civil lawsuits as well for the poor man... He really has been persecuted in the name of the church.

I was in prison for driving unlicensed too many times.
My mental struggle was in the fact that its a traffic offence, not a criminal offence.
Jail is for criminals, i hadn't committed a crime.
So i have an idea how Pell would of felt. I wonder what bible verses helped him get through
This is the one i would share with every inmate, Pauls sufferings

Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I.
Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more.
I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely,
and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.
Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked,
I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move.
I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles;
in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers.
I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food;
I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.
Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn? 2 Corinthians 11: 22-29