Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't you hear about the President having nukes dropped on totally innocents in Japan?

That is not the bible saying being a president is a sin.

Why would God answer the prayers of murderers? Unless they want to be saved.

Well I guess God doesn't listen to Himself- He is the one who ordered man to kill men who murder other men.

Israelites today are Israel wannabes. They don't obey Moses!

Israelites are Israelites, we cannot change our ehytnicity. They are either obedient Israelites or disobedient Israelites.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the bible saying being a president is a sin.
You're ok with the President murdering innocents?
Well I guess God doesn't listen to Himself- He is the one who ordered man to kill men who murder other men.
And He ordered men to kill gays, adulterers, those who work on weekends. Why don't you obey that?
Israelites are Israelites, we cannot change our ehytnicity. They are either obedient Israelites or disobedient Israelites.
Why aren't you in Israel???

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're ok with the President murdering innocents?

And He ordered men to kill gays, adulterers, those who work on weekends. Why don't you obey that?

Why aren't you in Israel???

Well God had a death penalty, so you are opposed to God!

If one commits murder they are not innocent and according to Almiughty God they should forfeit their life!

But I have a question for you. If Russia invaded our East Coast and China invaded our West Coast, you would not wish the president to order troops and citizens to defend themselves? After all shouldn't you show mercy to the invaders who are slaughtering civilians?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well God had a death penalty, so you are opposed to God!
Not in the New Covenant.
If one commits murder they are not innocent and according to Almiughty God they should forfeit their life!
Are you without sin? Should you be executed? How about your family?
But I have a question for you. If Russia invaded our East Coast and China invaded our West Coast, you would not wish the president to order troops and citizens to defend themselves? After all shouldn't you show mercy to the invaders who are slaughtering civilians?
I suggest you read the Bible. God has promised to protect His people. Doesn't God answer your prayers?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in the New Covenant.

Are you without sin? Should you be executed? How about your family?

I suggest you read the Bible. God has promised to protect His people. Doesn't God answer your prayers?

HIS death penalty is for all covenants- it is for governments.

If I committed murder of another human, I should forfeit my life according to God!

REally protect His people? I suggest you buy foxes book of martyrs and see how millions of Christians have been murdered!

so youwould let teh Chinese and Russians slaughter innocent civilians in america. Okay, so your sense of innocence has limits.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If I committed murder of another human, I should forfeit my life according to God!

REally protect His people? I suggest you buy foxes book of martyrs and see how millions of Christians have been murdered!

so youwould let teh Chinese and Russians slaughter innocent civilians in america. Okay, so your sense of innocence has limits.
You're totally ignoring the New Covenant. Christians don't do that!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Doesn't God answer your prayers? Don't you pray?
Matthew 6:13 (NKJV)
13 And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're totally ignoring the New Covenant. Christians don't do that!

I don't ignore the New covenant. the New Testament is written for Christians to live lives before God and in the assemblies. It does not set up human governments. The church is not the government of a nation.

but you shouldn't care. You already believe that if Russia and China invade the US the government should just let them and rape and pillage and kill masses of civilians because God forbid they pick up arms to defend the innocents.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't God answer your prayers? Don't you pray?

YOu are the most naive person I ever met. That says nothing about defending ones family, or a nation protecting it citizens or a government in a court after a man has taken another mans life in cold blood, execcute teh criminal as commanded by God.

It has to do with temptation and not falling into Satans hands as an individual and not a government or exoect God to stop an invasion dead in its tracks. I hope you really don't believe that. If you do, you are in for a rude awakening one day when you find God doesn't stop Christians from having terrible things happen to them.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu are the most naive person I ever met. That says nothing about defending ones family, or a nation protecting it citizens or a government in a court after a man has taken another mans life in cold blood, execcute teh criminal as commanded by God.

It has to do with temptation and not falling into Satans hands as an individual and not a government or exoect God to stop an invasion dead in its tracks. I hope you really don't believe that. If you do, you are in for a rude awakening one day when you find God doesn't stop Christians from having terrible things happen to them.
I pray and believe this prayer:

I highly recommend it instead of killing people, like Satan's children do.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't ignore the New covenant. the New Testament is written for Christians to live lives before God and in the assemblies. It does not set up human governments. The church is not the government of a nation.

but you shouldn't care. You already believe that if Russia and China invade the US the government should just let them and rape and pillage and kill masses of civilians because God forbid they pick up arms to defend the innocents.
You can't justify killing anyone. You have to avoid NT like plague.You have to be merciless!

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't justify killing anyone. You have to avoid NT like plague.You have to be merciless!

\And your lying about me is pathetic. I keep talking about governments and you keep talking individuals. But I have no guilt if I had to kill someone who was molesting and threatening my family with death. My job is to protect my family and not the vile person trying to kill them. I know I would stand before God with a clear conscience. I would prefer not to but I would if the situation arose!

And once again, you will not find one verse where Jesus revoked the Command God gave to Noah! You know that.

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
\And your lying about me is pathetic. I keep talking about governments and you keep talking individuals. But I have no guilt if I had to kill someone who was molesting and threatening my family with death. My job is to protect my family and not the vile person trying to kill them. I know I would stand before God with a clear conscience. I would prefer not to but I would if the situation arose!
If you don't quote my "lie" then guess who is lying.
And once again, you will not find one verse where Jesus revoked the Command God gave to Noah! You know that.
ONLY Satan's children vote to kill people! No Christian killed anyone in the NT!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should there be a death penalty Yes or No?

As a son of a someone who used to work as a prison chaplain, I don't agree with the death penalty. I believe they too are human beings, they too can be saved, some are genuinely repentant in countries that still have the death penalty, and they are still put to death, the Bali 9 in Indonesia was a good example, Andrew Chan was a genuinely changed man, repentant, he turned to Jesus and deserved a second chance. But even though he significantly changed and was helping other prisoners, he still got put to death.

Found this arcticle.

Death penalty undermines Jesus' redemptive work on the cross - Shane Claiborne
The death penalty was established by God immediately after the flood. If you read the account of the flood in Genesis, you'll find that God condemned the world for "violence."
After the flood God established His covenant with Noah and required blood for blood as His form of justice.

5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.
6 “Whoever sheds man’s blood,
By man his blood shall be shed;
For in the image of God
He made man.
7 And as for you, be fruitful and multiply;
Bring forth abundantly in the earth
And multiply in it.”
Genesis 9:5-7
This is the word of God and the basis for law.
Jesus taught mercy and forgiveness under the law, but He was very clear about qualifying mercy as to who could receive it:

Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Hebrews 10:28

For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment. James 2:13

Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy
Matthew 5:7

32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”
Matthew 18:32-35

So, mercy is a quality required of Christians, but reserved for the merciful. The same God who desires mercy, also desires justice and Jesus addressed this as the judgment of sin.

3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.” Luke 13:3-5

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Romans 12:19

Christians are instructed to give place to God for vengeance, but vengeance is not the same as justice. God appointed "the sword" to execute judgment.

29 Be afraid of the sword for yourselves;
For wrath brings the punishment of the sword,
That you may know there is a judgment.”
Job 19:29

“For My sword shall be bathed in heaven;
Indeed it shall come down on Edom,
And on the people of My curse, for judgment.
6 The sword of the Lord is filled with blood,
It is made overflowing with fatness,
With the blood of lambs and goats,
With the fat of the kidneys of rams.
For the Lord has a sacrifice in Bozrah,
And a great slaughter in the land of Edom.
Isaiah 34:5-6

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. Romans 13:1-3

You might object to the execution of justice upon the Earth, saying that God will judge in eternity, but God hasn't given this liberal freedom from judgment upon the Earth, but rather proclaims defilement for failing to execute judgment upon those guilty of shedding "innocent blood."

11 “But if anyone hates his neighbor, lies in wait for him, rises against him and strikes him mortally, so that he dies, and he flees to one of these cities, 12 then the elders of his city shall send and bring him from there, and deliver him over to the hand of the avenger of blood, that he may die. 13 Your eye shall not pity him, but you shall put away the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with you. Deuteronomy 19:11-13

37 They even sacrificed their sons
And their daughters to demons,
38 And shed innocent blood,
The blood of their sons and daughters,
Whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan;
And the land was polluted with blood.
39 Thus they were defiled by their own works,
And played the harlot by their own deeds.
Psalm 106:37-39

15 ‘You shall do no injustice in judgment. You shall not be partial to the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty. In righteousness you shall judge your neighbor. Leviticus 19:15

22 “When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. Exodus 21:22-25

A god who is not just is not God at all. A man who is not just is not like God at all.

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't quote my "lie" then guess who is lying.

ONLY Satan's children vote to kill people! No Christian killed anyone in the NT!

Byhe bye- If you wish to be a pacifist, that is fine! but you reject the word of God by saying the death penalty for committing murder is revoked!

And how do you know no christian in the New TEstament killed anyone! Though that is not the issue, but the death penalty instituted by God for men to govern men when a man takes another mans life is the issue.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Byhe bye- If you wish to be a pacifist, that is fine! but you reject the word of God by saying the death penalty for committing murder is revoked!
No Scripture? Of course not. Don't you want mercy from God?

James 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

And how do you know no christian in the New TEstament killed anyone!
Because I've read it many times. I highly recommend reading it!
Though that is not the issue, but the death penalty instituted by God for men to govern men when a man takes another mans life is the issue.
Satan is in charge of governments. You don't even know that???

Luke 4:5-6 (KJV)
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Would you have killed Paul because he killed Christians?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scripture? Of course not. Don't you want mercy from God?

James 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Because I've read it many times. I highly recommend reading it!

Satan is in charge of governments. You don't even know that???

Luke 4:5-6 (KJV)
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

Once again you are taking verses about individuals and applying them to governments in how they should punish those who murder other people!. We are done have the last word. You are stuck in a muddy rut and don't want to get out!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you are taking verses about individuals and applying them to governments in how they should punish those who murder other people!. We are done have the last word. You are stuck in a muddy rut and don't want to get out!
So you would vote to execute Paul who killed Christians and wrote more Books in the Bible than anyone?