Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, kcnalp, when an intruder comes into your house and rapes and kills your wife, you would just stand there and say: "Go ahead rape and kill some more, here's my daughter for you."
Just wondering what you would do, assuming you are a father with wife and daughters.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, kcnalp, when an intruder comes into your house and rapes and kills your wife, you would just stand there and say: "Go ahead rape and kill some more, here's my daughter for you."
Just wondering what you would do, assuming you are a father with wife and daughters.
Doesn't God answer your prayers?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HIS death penalty is for all covenants- it is for governments.

If I committed murder of another human, I should forfeit my life according to God!

REally protect His people? I suggest you buy foxes book of martyrs and see how millions of Christians have been murdered!

so youwould let teh Chinese and Russians slaughter innocent civilians in america. Okay, so your sense of innocence has limits.

"If I committed murder of another human, I should forfeit my life according to God!"

Have you ever been angry at a brother or sister, called anyone a fool or Raca lately? Committed adultery by looking at a woman, with lust in your thoughts?

Also, thinking about the 5th commandment on do not kill...I think there is a difference between "kill" and "Murder": Killing is taking a life. Murder is taking a life with no moral justification. Some I do agree with you on; if we were invaded. War is a non personal thing for the troops who fight for our country, it's us or them! So, I do not see this as "murdering" but, protecting our country.

Still not at all big on the death penalty as, way too many have been found innocent after the fact. As far as killing someone who is prowling inside your home threatening your family, yes, agreed that if it is our family or them...I would not hesitate to pull the trigger, preferably to harm but, with adrenalin probably soaring sky high I would maybe go for a kill shot, they could also have a weapon so, wouldn't want to make the mistake of said prowler still being able to either pull out their weapon, or could not be harmed enough as to come after me...and they would surely get the weapon out of my hand so, I would take no chances. Yes, we are protected through our prayers if we do as He tells us but, we are still subject to others actions.
It's a tough one, for sure.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you don't answer my question.
(I suggest you read a Dietrich Bonhoeffer biography.)
You didn't answer my question. Doesn't God answer your prayers? Do you pray?
Luke 11:2-4 (NKJV)
2 So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. 3
Give us day by day our daily bread. 4 And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one."

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If I committed murder of another human, I should forfeit my life according to God!"

Have you ever been angry at a brother or sister, called anyone a fool or Raca lately? Committed adultery by looking at a woman, with lust in your thoughts?

Also, thinking about the 5th commandment on do not kill...I think there is a difference between "kill" and "Murder": Killing is taking a life. Murder is taking a life with no moral justification. Some I do agree with you on; if we were invaded. War is a non personal thing for the troops who fight for our country, it's us or them! So, I do not see this as "murdering" but, protecting our country.

Still not at all big on the death penalty as, way too many have been found innocent after the fact. As far as killing someone who is prowling inside your home threatening your family, yes, agreed that if it is our family or them...I would not hesitate to pull the trigger, preferably to harm but, with adrenalin probably soaring sky high I would maybe go for a kill shot, they could also have a weapon so, wouldn't want to make the mistake of said prowler still being able to either pull out their weapon, or could not be harmed enough as to come after me...and they would surely get the weapon out of my hand so, I would take no chances. Yes, we are protected through our prayers if we do as He tells us but, we are still subject to others actions.
It's a tough one, for sure.

Well the imperfection of man in administering Justice and the command from God for governments to execute those who take anothers life are two different issues. this is a governmental issue that God decreed.

And youa re right the commandment is NOT "thou shalt not kill", but is thou shalt not commit murder!

Reactions: Nancy

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You didn't answer my question. Doesn't God answer your prayers? Do you pray?
Luke 11:2-4 (NKJV)
2 So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. 3
Give us day by day our daily bread. 4 And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one."

I am well aware what the bible says.
But I asked you a question.
You answered by asking me a question.

Here is my question again:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as killing someone who is prowling inside your home threatening your family, yes, agreed that if it is our family or them...I would not hesitate to pull the trigger, preferably to harm but, with adrenalin probably soaring sky high I would maybe go for a kill shot, they could also have a weapon so, wouldn't want to make the mistake of said prowler still being able to either pull out their weapon, or could not be harmed enough as to come after me...and they would surely get the weapon out of my hand so, I would take no chances.
Hi, Nancy. I have taken a couple of Defensive Pistol courses, and every Tuesday the Sweet Lady and I go to the shooting range to practice murdering paper targets. She's better at it than I am; I watched her shoot a smiley-face pattern in the target's crotch at 25 feet. I try and stay on her good side. Anyway, our trainers were very specific on that point: A gun is not for intimidating somebody, it's not for crippling somebody. It is a tool for killing. Shoot to kill. Always.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Nancy. I have taken a couple of Defensive Pistol courses, and every Tuesday the Sweet Lady and I go to the shooting range to practice murdering paper targets. She's better at it than I am; I watched her shoot a smiley-face pattern in the target's crotch at 25 feet. I try and stay on her good side. Anyway, our trainers were very specific on that point: A gun is not for intimidating somebody, it's not for crippling somebody. It is a tool for killing. Shoot to kill. Always.

"She's better at it than I am; I watched her shoot a smiley-face pattern in the target's crotch at 25 feet. I try and stay on her good side." You crack me up brother! SUCH a way with words :D

Yes indeed, you are correct...especially if using a pistol, but what of a 12 gauge shot gun?? One could just shoot from the hip and not miss, lol...I would actually try to shoot at their knees but still, it's taking a chance.
Just hope and pray something like that won't happen so, putting ALL trust in Christ ;)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"She's better at it than I am; I watched her shoot a smiley-face pattern in the target's crotch at 25 feet. I try and stay on her good side." You crack me up brother! SUCH a way with words :D
I told her that next time she hears a noise downstairs at 3 A.M., she can go down there and investigate it. :D But no, that's still a male prerogative.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am well aware what the bible says.
But I asked you a question.
You answered by asking me a question.

Here is my question again:

Your question is a fairy tale. Are you aware of God's promises in the Bible for protection? Obviously not!
Now I ask again, doesn't God answer your prayers?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you aware of God's promises in the Bible for protection? Obviously not!

I can tell you a story about that:

In 2018, four years ago, my wife and I went on a trip south driving our car on a major highway in our area.
Before we went on this trip (Apr. 900 km) we both, as usual, prayed for safety on the road.

After a stop for lunch, with our son and his wife who were travelling in another vehicle, we entered
a mountain area.

A long winding mountain road, in a very long and large canyon.

All of a sudden a large rock came rolling down, flew through our windshield, it hit my wife's head.
She died 15 minutes later.

So next time you start lecturing people about bible scriptures take a deep breath before you start commenting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get back to the issue we were talking about, (you called it a fairy tale), here's the question again:

What would you do:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can tell you a story about that:

In 2018, four years ago, my wife and I went on a trip south driving our car on a major highway in our area.
Before we went on this trip (Apr. 900 km) we both, as usual, prayed for safety on the road.

After a stop for lunch, with our son and his wife who were travelling in another vehicle, we entered
a mountain area.

A long winding mountain road, in a very long and large canyon.

All of a sudden a large rock came rolling down, flew through our windshield, it hit my wife's head.
She died 15 minutes later.

So next time you start lecturing people about bible scriptures take a deep breath before you start commenting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get back to the issue we were talking about, (you called it a fairy tale), here's the question again:

What would you do:

You don't even know what God has promised His people! Come back when you read the Bible.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't even know what God has promised His people! Come back when you read the Bible.

You probably did not even read my post.
So, I forgive you for not reading it.

But in case you did read my post:
You know what you are don't you?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interesting how those who claim to be forgiven of their sins are so ready to kill people for their sins!

Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Death penalty.
What can one do when farting in an elevator after a bean party won't stop??

Reactions: Lambano

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk about a tacky worthless thread. first we have somebody asking about the death penalty. Then someone comes on with a scenario to which another replies about protection prayers. Then the other poster proceeds to tell about the death of his wife even though they had prayed for protection. The person he addresses just flies right over it and mentions something about not being scriptural.
then we have a real joker who puts a disgusting jokey thing about passing gas on an elevator.
Triumph, I am so sorry that happened to you.
kc protection prayers arent absolutes.
Quietthinker, your timing is for crap. there is a time to be serious.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Talk about a tacky worthless thread. first we have somebody asking about the death penalty. Then someone comes on with a scenario to which another replies about protection prayers. Then the other poster proceeds to tell about the death of his wife even though they had prayed for protection. The person he addresses just flies right over it and mentions something about not being scriptural.
then we have a real joker who puts a disgusting jokey thing about passing gas on an elevator.
Triumph, I am so sorry that happened to you.
kc protection prayers arent absolutes.
Quietthinker, your timing is for crap. there is a time to be serious.
Being reluctant to laugh at myself has never been an issue. It gives me liberation from the many self made prisons I see people trapped in. :)

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are truly amazing! Some call themselves Christians and vote to kill people for their sins, and then say that God forgave them of their sins. UTTER hypocrisy!

Reactions: Nancy