Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People are truly amazing! Some call themselves Christians and vote to kill people for their sins, and then say that God forgave them of their sins. UTTER hypocrisy!
And you still fly over the testimony of a brother as if it is of no account and has no relevance. Bad stuff happens to good people. Even Christians. And yes, sometimes because they didn't pray... The apostle Paul eventually imprisoned am good killed because the church didn't pray like they did for Peter and John. But there are numerous instances where the most devout, faithful, righteous people suffered and died even after much intercession. Jesus for example. The millions who were killed during the dark ages for religious convictions that differed from the status quo and religious authorities... Death penalties enacted by governments at the behest of the church.
So there is no ready answer. Some things we know. Christians will suffer persecution. Innocent people do suffer. And the guilty will, except they repent, die. All I can say is we ought not judge before the time. But I will also defend to the death if necessary anyone who attempts to attack my family. What this old out of shape soon to be 70yo can do though is in the hand of the angels.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are truly amazing! Some call themselves Christians and vote to kill people for their sins, and then say that God forgave them of their sins. UTTER hypocrisy!
We have Capital Punishment for a reason, not in all States but the ones that do use it to condemn people of heinous crimes after they've been through the system with their appeals, murderes, rapists etc....

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The death penalty isn't killing people for their sins. The death penalty is punishment for the crime of murder. To understand the reason why God instituted the death penalty one must read the first few chapters of the book of Genesis, wherein one can read about the alternative, which is much worse.

The alternative to courts, justice, and state executions for murder is personal vengeance. And, whereas the actions of a court are measured and just; the actions of a person seeking vengeance are extreme and unjust.

Consider the following passage. Notice how vengeance escalates the violence and harm.

Genesis 4:23-24

23 Lamech said to his wives,

“Adah and Zillah,
Listen to my voice,
You wives of Lamech,
Give heed to my speech,
For I have killed a man for wounding me;
And a boy for striking me;
24 If Cain is avenged sevenfold,
Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.”

Notice how every injury is met with a response that is much worse.

Injury: wound
Response: murder

Injury: striking
Response: murder

Cain's vengeance: sevenfold
Lamech's vengeance: seventy-sevenfold

Before God instituted the death penalty, violence continued to escalate, causing God to destroy the world and start over.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me too be somewhat incongruous for a person claiming the Spirit of God to be inspiring him to defend life on one hand, yet to defend torture without end on the other.
Have you never read the Bible?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who vote to kill people are children of Satan!
And what of those that kill people unnecessarily, for the mere pleasure of it, they should be let to live?

We are not children of Satan but of God, for God's law says thou Shall not commit murder, a life for a life a tooth for a tooth.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONLY Satan's children vote to kill people!

Satan brought death into this world.....

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are still subject to the evils of this world. They can be murdered, raped, robbed and all the things that happen to non Christians. Just look at what His Disciples lived through. God did NOT protect them from being martyred. Stephen still got stoned to death and James with a sword, Peter...crucified (some say upside down) so, we cannot be foolish and just assume God will keep us from all harm, never happen. God gave the promised land to the Jews, and only that land. They are to protect it from evil invaders...God is not going to just wipe out the enemies still on this earth. Of course we can pray for protection but, we need to accept what ever comes our way...good or bad.
Just my take :)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what of those that kill people unnecessarily, for the mere pleasure of it, they should be let to live?
Put them in cages.
We are not children of Satan but of God, for God's law says thou Shall not commit murder, a life for a life a tooth for a tooth.
Did God forgive you of your sins?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Put them in cages.

Did God forgive you of your sins?
They are in cages and it doesn’t do anything for them except waste tax payers dollars.

God forgives me but I never killed or raped or molested anyone.