DECONSTRUCTION - How far is too far?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No.
If God is righteous, he should measure up to his own standard. The SAME standard he gave us.
If God's standard for himself differs from the one he gave us, it should be a HIGHER standard, NOT a LOWER standard.
If he doesn't even measure up to the standard he gave us, something is terribly wrong.
:Laughingoutloud:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

Example:
Jesus taught us to love our enemies. This is godly behavior.
What should God do with his enemies then?
Does he hold us to a higher standard than he holds himself to?
This is funny - had a chuckle St. SteVen thank you!

Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? Romans 9:21

Can you see the irony in your questions?
So,,, it seems preposterous that God would love his enemies?

Romans 5:10 NIV
For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son,
how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Reactions: Brakelite

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son,
Not all His enemies will be reconciled, you should know that! and those that reject Him will receive His righteous judgements. But as I've already shown you - you are not qualified to look upon another's heart, which is why you leave vengeance to Him.

Your questions just show you dont know Him very well...those that do wouldn't ask them.

F2F

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does that make you feel St SteVen? Knowing no matter how hard you try, or how cleverly you devise perplexing questions, you will never be able to see as He does?
I'm not surprised. Most people missed the punchline.

1 Corinthians 2:16 NIV
“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”[a]
But we have the mind of Christ.

Reactions: Brakelite

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's odd, as if you believe it gives Him pleasure to punish the wicked - again you dont know Him.

Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live? Ezek 18:23

It would be like me saying:

Have I any pleasure in your foolish and unlearned questions, declares F2F, and not rather you turn from posting error and seek to know your place.

;)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is funny - had a chuckle St. SteVen thank you!

Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? Romans 9:21

Can you see the irony in your questions?
The Crucifixion of Jesus tells us of God's vulnerability.

Tenderness and affection aka love; where does that come from? is it not the heart? Love by its very nature is vulnerability.....if it wasn't it would be something else, something like manipulation or sleight of hand.

Jesus came to show us the heart of God. He knew we would kill him but he came anyway in the hope that many would see it and be drawn to it; drawn away from the misrepresentations of the bright angel ....and to those who allow themselves to be drawn, to be softened; to be reciprocated, to become vulnerable he has made promises beyond our imagination.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your questions just show you dont know Him very well...those that do wouldn't ask them.
How does anyone know God? Since you present him as unknowable.

And would those who do know him be afraid to ask such questions?

Is God waiting to crush anyone who dares ask a question?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all His enemies will be reconciled, you should know that! and those that reject Him will receive His righteous judgements. But as I've already shown you - you are not qualified to look upon another's heart, which is why you leave vengeance to Him.
Are you a Calvinist?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How does anyone know God? Since you present him as unknowable.
If Christ states "this is life eternal that they might know the only true God" then on some level, He must be knowable, otherwise Christ would be in error asking us to know someone who is unknowable, right. John 17:3

Logical right?

Knowing God by experience and knowing Him by mere knowledge is not the same. Hebrews 11:6 states what it takes to know God.

F2F

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
If God is righteous, he should measure up to his own standard. The SAME standard he gave us.
If God's standard for himself differs from the one he gave us, it should be a HIGHER standard, NOT a LOWER standard.
If he doesn't even measure up to the standard he gave us, something is terribly wrong.
I appreciate your answer to me, thank you! This helps me to understand better how you view righteousness, as if it were a thing by itself, to which all is measured, or, in your wording, should be measured.

As if there were a standard higher than God Himself, to which He must measure up to. I don't think at all that way. I think a good embodiment of God's "standard of righteousness" is in the passage, "for all have sinned, and fallen short of the glory of God."

He is transcendant such as nothing else can be, and having a firm sense of that transcendence, before which we MUST bow, is where we begin learning the meanings of things. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.

Much love!

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this is a good question - its a yes and no answer!
Do you know why?

Not at all, providing you seek to know the right answers and learn from Him.

God welcomes all questions even the foolish ones!
How can you say this? (quoted above)
After you posted this. (quoted below)
Seems contradictory.