Defend your 'Trinity'- by taking one scripture at a time.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it REALLY true? Care to prove it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would HEARTLY and LOVE to hear I am wrong, once being a Catholic.
Let God's Spirit decide who is right!

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They can NEVER take one scripture at a time- they need cut & paste from Church sites to do it, so they can seem like they know what they're talking about!

I was one!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I promise to respect all!

you have proved already that that's a lie, but for the sake of others

here is the first scriptual revelation and documented actual revelation of the tree that are One

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, (this would be the Word of God) Let there be light: and there was light.

and the Word of God is revealed in His Presence in His creation.

note John's statement :

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

all things were made through the Word of God, go back to Gen 1 and read, God said, and it was done. and the Word was God because God is God His Word is God and His Presence (Holy Spirit) is God to anything not God, which in this case is everything else that is.

then there's the teaching of Father Son and Holy Ghost:

Abraham the father who offered his beloved son Isaac who had a son Jacob renamed Israel who had 12 sons of which when Israel left Egypt God called the children of Israel. hence born of Israel.

note its about the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.
so there the Father who offered His beloved Son Jesus and the many were born of the Holy Spirit starting with the 12 on the day of Pentecost that all born again are children of, as in Holy Spirit.

and again in Genesis the three are One.
also Jesus would state things to the effect that His Father was in Him and He was in the Father, one of His Apostles ask Him to reveal the Father and He told the apostle something to the effect that if you have seen Him (Jesus) you have seen the Father. and power in Spirit of God, well read the miracles.

the information of the three as One has been around since Adam.

your refusal to agree to scripture, is your problem, not ours

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would HEARTLY and LOVE to hear I am wrong, once being a Catholic.
Let God's Spirit decide who is right!
You've already ignored my arguments several times, so, while you say you'd love to hear, I don't see that in your responses.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm.
Calling me a Lair, I will ignore him.
The standard deflection which I've come to expect from you. If you actually want to discuss this, then discuss is. What I'm seeing is that when someone presents an argument, you deflect. So what's your reason for being here anyway? Is this how you make yourself feel better?

Much love!

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've already ignored my arguments several times, so, while you say you'd love to hear, I don't see that in your responses.

Much love!

You have completely ignored my scriptures listed, so that's why.
The Topics not meant to SLAM the "Trinity", but to see if there is any shred of evidence to SUPPORT it.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They can NEVER take one scripture at a time- they need cut & paste from Church sites to do it, so they can seem like they know what they're talking about!

I was one!

Okay:

John 1:1
King James Version

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Genesis 1:1
King James Version

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:26-27
King James Version

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Isaiah 44:6
King James Version

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

John 5:18
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Acts 5:3-4
King James Version

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Isaiah 9:6
King James Version

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

1 Timothy 3:16
King James Version

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory

If you need more let me know. there are lots more in Scripture

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have completely ignored my scriptures listed, so that's why.
The Topics not meant to SLAM the "Trinity", but to see if there is any shred of evidence to SUPPORT it.
Don't worry . . . I won't be asking you to have a real discussion. It's clear to me that's not what you want.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was one!
How important do you believe having the correct theological answers is according to scripture is to God? Do you not believe there are people who really do love God without knowing all of the best answers to questions someone like yourself might ask? Will the winner of debate about God and the scriptures necessarily be saved in the end?

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How important do you believe having the correct theological answers is according to scripture is to God? Do you not believe there are people who really do love God without knowing all of the best answers to questions someone like yourself might ask? Will the winner of debate about God and the scriptures necessarily be saved in the end?

Good Question, Amadeus!
It is a matter of KNOWING God- remember~

"And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God"! (John 17:3)
If you own a Bible, and have not asked to be guided by God you're in danger of being among those that~

1 Thess 1:7- when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, 8- inflicting vengeance upon those who do not know God and upon those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Isaiah 9:6

For to us a child is born, (Jesus)
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, (Holy Spirit)
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By those that reject the Bible...
I don't believe there are any here who directly and purposely reject the Bible, although it is certainly possible [likely?] that some by their treatment of certain parts of scripture may be effectively rejecting things important to their own walk with God. This could of course involve delusion and someone deluded does not know that he is deluded. How should we deal with a person if we believe he is in delusion? [That last question is for consideration only. I would not expect an answer here.]

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to agree that the matter of the Trinity doctrine IS a Salvation issue.

If you do not know God, you cannot be accepted by Him in the end. Proven by many verses in scripture.

The concept of the Trinity is a 3-person god; there is no way around that. The concept of the One God of the Bible is a totally different being. (And this refers to Oneness represented by scripture verses, NOT Pentecostal ONENESS, or any other cult-like doctrine.)

Worshiping a false god IS idol worship and will not be accepted in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Therefore, whichever one believes does elicit the very real possibility of being ultimately rejected by the True God.

I'd say if you're unsure which you believe, it should be at the very top of your list of doctrines to get straight in your heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK
Status
Not open for further replies.