• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
You have to willfully and intentionally maintain your complete faith that God has completed your Salvation as His GIFT, and you have it always....
.= or you will end up lost in Legalism.
works salvation since it depends upon your faith and ability. no wonder your false doctrine ends up losing ones salvation.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you check out some of that poster's false teachings and then make your comments?

Here's a doozy: "Sin is only available as a fact and a title to someone who is "under the law"."

Does that make any biblical sense?

Actually, while I agree that @Behold does teach some things that are false, that one is indeed biblical (Romans 4:15, Romans 5:13, Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19, Romans 7:6, Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14, Hebrews 7:18-19, Galatians 5:18).

What he failed to recognize is that you had accepted Christ well before that moment in time in which you got water baptized. So technically, Christ saved you 2000 years ago when he died on the cross. And this got applied to our life when you accepted it--not when you got water baptized.

It may have indeed been applied when he got water baptized. For baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is for the remission of sins (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39, Acts of the Apostles 22:16).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It *is* Christ's death on the cross that saved us--nothing else.
"Nothing else"? What about the grace of God and the resurrection of Christ for our justification? "He was raised again for our justification" is what the Bible says.

There is no question that the finished work of redemption on the cross of Calvary is central to the Gospel and our salvation. But we had better make sure that we do not omit everything else, including the perfect obedience of Christ while on earth, and His sinless life while under daily attack. And even with all this, were it not for the grace of God, not one sinner would be saved.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many times are you going to keep posting your rants against "legalists"? Ever since you came to this forum you have being saying the same old thing, but also presenting false teachings. So who is worse, a legalist or a false teacher?

Therefore let's see some actual quotes from these so-called "legalists" to prove that you actually have a point. And we need to be able to go to the primary sources to confirm that you are quoting accurately.

With apologies to Comedian, Jeff Foxworthy, “ If you say in your heart, ‘Jesus Saves —- B U T’ , you just might be a Legalist!”
I’ll go one better—— you ARE a Legalist!
Common forms found here and at other Forum Sites.....#1 — Sure, Jesus Saves -EVERYBODY knows THAT! ( B U T once you realize that, ya gotta repent of all your sins before you die or you go to Hell “ ) .......#2 of course , Jesus Saves....B U T once you know that , you have the ability to keep all of the Commandments all of the time .....and if you don’t , it proves that you don’t Love Jesus because He said “ if you love Me you will keep my Commandments “——- keep the Laws Of Moses or else!
Here is the Truth Of the matter— Two things Saves us.....Two Things Plus NOTHING! Those two things are—— #1 The Shed Blood Of Jesus. #2 Your Faith in #1. Case closed.Good Night.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Behold, @Christophany, @Enoch111, @CharismaticLady, @TLHKAJ, @Nancy, @justbyfaith,
@Ferris Bueller, @Blood Bought 1953, @Randy Kluth, @friend of, @Ziggy

'Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord.
To write the same things to you,
to me indeed is not grievous,
but for you it is safe.
.. Beware of dogs,
.... beware of evil workers,
...... beware of the concision.
For we are the circumcision,
which worship God in the spirit,
and rejoice in Christ Jesus,
and have no confidence in the flesh.'

(Philippians 3:1)

Hello there,

Paul felt it necessary to repeat himself in order to warn his readers of the dangers they faced, and he made no apology for doing so. The word he used is, 'BEWARE', a strong word intended to arrest the attention, and cause those who hear to listen and take notice, Peter too. The Lord Jesus also used this same word, and a study of its New Testament usage would be worthy of our attention, for the same dangers exist today, some perhaps taking a different form:-

Matthew 7:15 ; Matthew 10:17 ; Matthew 16:6, 11-12
Mark 8:15 ; Mark 12:38
Luke 12:1 ; Luke 20:46 ; Luke 12:15 ; Luke 20:46
Acts 13:40
Philippians 3:2
Colossians 2:8
2 Peter 3:17

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With apologies to Comedian, Jeff Foxworthy, “ If you say in your heart, ‘Jesus Saves —- B U T’ , you just might be a Legalist!”
I’ll go one better—— you ARE a Legalist!
Common forms found here and at other Forum Sites.....#1 — Sure, Jesus Saves -EVERYBODY knows THAT! ( B U T once you realize that, ya gotta repent of all your sins before you die or you go to Hell “ ) .......#2 of course , Jesus Saves....B U T once you know that , you have the ability to keep all of the Commandments all of the time .....and if you don’t , it proves that you don’t Love Jesus because He said “ if you love Me you will keep my Commandments “——- keep the Laws Of Moses or else!
Here is the Truth Of the matter— Two things Saves us.....Two Things Plus NOTHING! Those two things are—— #1 The Shed Blood Of Jesus. #2 Your Faith in #1. Case closed.Good Night.

The blood of Jesus does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Now my question to you is (which you have not answered up to this point, @Blood Bought 1953), Will the blood of Jesus, when applied, do one thing (justify) without also doing the other (sanctify and cleanse)?

Can the blood perform only one of its functions when applied without also performing all of its functions?

Also, is the Lord going to sanctify anyone apart from their being willing for Him to do so?

I would say that repentance is our saying to the Lord that we are willing for Him to sanctify us.

Therefore, I would also say, that repentance is a prerequisite for real salvation.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood of Jesus does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Now my question to you is (which you have not answered up to this point, @Blood Bought 1953), Will the blood of Jesus, when applied, do one thing (justify) without also doing the other (sanctify and cleanse)?

Can the blood perform only one of its functions when applied without also performing all of its functions?

Also, is the Lord going to sanctify anyone apart from their being willing for Him to do so?

I would say that repentance is our saying to the Lord that we are willing for Him to sanctify us.

Therefore, I would also say, that repentance is a prerequisite for real salvation.

Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus gets one Saved......Upon Salvation, God puts His Holy Spirit In you , and that Spirit ....given time and at the direction of God , WILL Change you ...it changes you from the inside out....it may take a long time for the judgmental religionists and “ Fruit Inspectors “ to witness a change that had its origins with “ the inside of the cup”..... but change will occur—- the entire puroose Of ALL of this stuff is for God to TRANSFORM us into “ the image Of His Son”.....
People can change.....anybody can “ turn over a New Leaf”..... only God can TRANSFORM a person.....only God can Transform our “ Wants”.....Every ounce of this Transformation for the Better is a RESULT of Salvation and not the ROOT of Salvation . THAT “ Root” was the Repentance - the “change of mind” — that took you from a “ NON” Believer in Jesus and His Gospel to a “ Believer” in the Gospel.Anybody can find that Soul-Saving Gospel in 1 Cor15:1-4......You Prove That you BELIEVE it by NEVER adding to it with ANYTHING and you also prove you Believe it by RESTING in it....” resting” is the opposite of “ worrying” . If you “ worry “ about your Salvation, if you “ worry” that the Gospel is Essential but not completely Adequate to Save you..... God says that you are “ disobedient “ and in a state of “ UNBELIEF”......Serious Charges. Stop “ trying” to be Saved and start “trusting” to be Saved...Trust in what God did for “ You”—- NOT in what “ You” did for God.As the Great man of Faith, Watchman Née said... “ the difference is Heaven and Hell”
“The man that finds LIFE will find it by TRUSTING God...... You do your part ( the Trusting) and God will do “His” Part ( Transforming you into a “ good and Faithful Servant”——taking you from a Lost, disobedient wretch and changing you into a True Son....ready and FIT for Heaven ) He gets ALL of the Glory—— we get NONE.Just the Way He Wants it....May God bless us all in the understanding of these things.....

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop “ trying” to be Saved and start “trusting” to be Saved...

I agree wholeheartedly....and this does not change the fact that when we trust in the gospel to save us, it will make us into new creatures in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv))...we will become righteous even as He is righteous (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6)...

It will not be any more a matter of trying...but by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we will walk in the perfection that He gives unto us by His grace (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), 1 John 3:9).

It is not any longer a matter of attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts...

It is a matter of bearing the fruit of the Spirit against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23)

And we obtain the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14).

And since there is no law that condemns our behaviour, it means that we don't sin; for sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).

If we live by the Spirit we are not under the law (Galatians 5:18).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some rest in Christ alone and others work their way to keep themselves saved in the flesh.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some rest in Christ alone and others work their way to keep themselves saved in the flesh.
The point being that those who rest in Christ alone will have the perfection of grace...

While those who are working their way to keep themselves saved in the flesh will find themselves falling short of the glory of the Lord.

Another point to be made, however, is that in Romans 3:23, the words "come short" are in the present passive indicative...which indicates that we are currently coming short of God's glory as long as we are not active in pursuing Him (i.e. passive)...

Therefore I would also say that there is a certain asking, seeking, and knocking that must take place in the believer's life if he is going to have victory in his walk...and that this asking, seeking, and knocking has nothing to do with self-effort or works and everything to do with an attitude of faith...in which the Lord says to you, "Seek my face" and you say to Him in return, "Your face, O LORD, will I seek."

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Christophany,

Forgive me, but I look at this statement of yours, which is obviously said in response to a previous post entered by another, and yet I can't find what led to it. So for me it is in isolation and I need an explanation, for what you have said sounds like and 'either or' statement, when there is no 'either or' where salvation is concerned is there.

I am resting in Christ alone, for I know that in my flesh 'dwelleth no good thing', and that all my righteousness is as filthy rags. Only the imputation of God's righteousness can declare me to be 'without blame'. This He has done, on the basis of the all-sufficient sacrifice of His only Begotten Son.

Praise God !

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Christophany,

Forgive me, but I look at this statement of yours, which is obviously said in response to a previous post entered by another, and yet I can't find what led to it. So for me it is in isolation and I need an explanation, for what you have said sounds like and 'either or' statement, when there is no 'either or' where salvation is concerned is there.

I am resting in Christ alone, for I know that in my flesh 'dwelleth no good thing', and that all my righteousness is as filthy rags. Only the imputation of God's righteousness can declare me to be 'without blame'. This He has done, on the basis of the all-sufficient sacrifice of His only Begotten Son.

Praise God !

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I agree 100% with the above. Some try by their good works to keep themselves saved and that becomes the barometer for their salvation, their performance. We are saved by grace through faith and God has prepared the good works beforehand that we should walk in them as per Ephesians 2:8-10. Works are a by product of a living and real faith as James say faith without works is dead. A good tree bears good fruit. Fruit is the natural process and result of abiding. He is the Vine and we are the branches. The Holy Spirit naturally produces the fruit of the Spirit in us as we rest in Christ, yield our will to His will by denying ourselves daily, taking us our cross(die to self) and follow Him. Faith does require action but that action is submitting our will to His will and trusting Him through all circumstances as a sheep does with the Good Shepherd. His Rod and His staff comfort us as we walk through the valleys in this life. He leads and we follow Him.

hope this helps !!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953