Denominations that teach only they will be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Certainly not to maintain Sabbath compliance.
Do you think the God of the OT has changed? The Sabbath law has been fulfilled in Christ but explain why they could not enter. 10 times they complained in the wilderness the last being most serious...God was unjust to let them die there? How does your God view unbelief? Can you test God to the point of Him rejecting you? Do you struggle to speak to the hard judgement passages? We can look at more together if you want to overcome this stumbling block in your faith.
F2F

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think the God of the OT has changed?
Before > Until > Now

Galatians 3:23-25 NIV
Before the coming of this faith,[a] we were held in custody under the law,
locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed.
24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.
25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I am a Christian Universalist. A recovering evangelical, and currently deconstructing my religious upbringing.
With the help of @face2face - LOL

The definition of the words mistranslated as "eternal" is something to consider.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aionios mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in Matthew 25:46.

All these verses below use the same NT Greek word, "aionios", the Greek word mistranslated as "eternal" and "everlasting" in Matthew 25:46. See bold below. This shows that "aionios" cannot mean eternal or everlasting.

Matthew 13:22
The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

1 Corinthians 2:8
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Ephesians 2:2
in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

Galatians 1:4-5 KJV
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Luke 18:29-30
“Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.”

Compare: Matthew 12:32; Mark 10:30; Luke 18:30; Luke 20:35; Ephesians
I feel honoured you see my making you accountable as helpful.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you know any atheists that are immoral people?
I would sooner trust an atheist than a Christian, personally.

You say Humanism is displeasing to God? How so?

Seems to me that Christian church culture has dismissed much that should have been kept.

It used to be immoral to go to movies, dances, or play cards. Things have changed.
I know a Christian woman that earns a good income as a poker player. Say what?
There are Christians who are immoral people!

I have many Athiest friends. I play snooker with one over the past 4 years and he is respectful of my beliefs and I of him.

The hardened Atheist forums is where you will find the intolerable types!

They like to throw stones from a distance without engaging with the Word of God and when you show them real verifiable evidence they quickly dismiss it and move right along. I know right!!!

F2F

Reactions: St. SteVen

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Before > Until > Now

24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.
So a change in the message is not a change in God, right? His plan spans OT and NT revelations yeah?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So why do you defend an OT message as if it is relevant today?
Both are as relavent as each other.
A high hand against God will receive the same judgement today.
I was disappointed our study on Numbers 15 was locked. Maybe the truth of that slide was a bit much? Some truth's can hurt the flesh.
F2F.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before > Until > Now

But that’s believers that are changing, not God. We’re no longer under the law

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that’s believers that are changing, not God. We’re no longer under the law
Whose law was it? Where is it now? (obsolete/disappearing) - vs 13
Was God's covenant wrong? (no place would have been sought for another) - vs 7

Hebrews 8:7, 13
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. ...
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Numbers 15 and the man picking up stxks
Our study?
Why was it locked?
You see the image was confronting and possibly deemed offensive, just as the man picking up sticks with a "high hand" was deemed offensive to God. He was just to end his life and teach the congragation the Goodness and Severity of God's character.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whose law was it? Where is it now? (obsolete/disappearing) - vs 13
Was God's covenant wrong? (no place would have been sought for another) - vs 7

Hebrews 8:7, 13
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. ...
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Correct - the Law is now obsolete but the principles behind the Law still seen in the New Testament covenant.

How can you prove that?