Denominations that teach only they will be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was not the reason given. (possibly deemed offensive) To whom?

The goodness of God's character? Sick. Where is the goodness in that?
Yep goodness in judgement - not mens judgement that's for certain!

The man was an example so that all the representatives of all the tribes joined in the execution of this sinner.

It teach's you about the enormity of the sin, and the endorsement of the whole nation of the punishment. What a warning! Imagine you were one of those leaders? How would you explain this to your family? What fear would it create in the minds of those who would play chicken with God? The execution was carried out "without the camp" so that it would not defile them.

Now imagine people like Stephen? and Christ himself! How will God judge those who with a High Hand rebel against Him? I'm thankful He can search hearts to see those He deems enemies and others He views as Children in waiting.

The lessons in Number 15 are clear and obvious - only the fool can say in his heart they are sick.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think Jesus was deconstructing the law.
In fact, it began with John the Baptist.

Matthew 11:13 NIV
For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.
Fulfilling not deconstructing.

Reactions: RLT63

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't believe that is true. Why would I want to prove it?
You don't believe there are divine principles in the Law that are applicable today?
Interesting - so you would consider yourself a NT only believer.
Be nice if you told me that from the start!
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was not the reason given. (possibly deemed offensive) To whom?
The word "possibly", means perhaps (used to indicate doubt or hesitancy). No reason was given...one can only assume they found the slide offensive, which gives weight to the import of the lesson. Did you notive even the translators of the NET Bible provided support (love that!)?
You side with Dawkins while the NET translators side with God.
Love how the Word of God is able to reveal the folly of those who think they can bring God's Character and Judgements into question.
It's praise worthy isn't?
F2F

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whose law was it? Where is it now? (obsolete/disappearing) - vs 13
Was God's covenant wrong? (no place would have been sought for another) - vs 7

Hebrews 8:7, 13
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. ...
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Yes it was replaced by a better covenant but there is no indication that God changed. How we are able to approach him changed. We no longer need a priest to sprinkle blood on the mercy seat, we can go to God through his son

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "possibly", means perhaps (used to indicate doubt or hesitancy). No reason was given...one can only assume they found the slide offensive, which gives weight to the import of the lesson. Did you notive even the translators of the NET Bible provided support (love that!)?
You side with Dawkins while the NET translators side with God.
Love how the Word of God is able to reveal the folly of those who think they can bring God's Character and Judgements into question.
It's praise worthy isn't?
F2F
I have the NET Full Notes Edition. Great Bible, love the notes

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have the NET Full Notes Edition. Great Bible, love the notes
It's amazing how honest they are especially when studying satan in the OT - they are brutal! Love that also.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think Jesus was deconstructing the law.
In fact, it began with John the Baptist.

Matthew 11:13 NIV
For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.
Have a read of your two short sentences and then compare your quote reference.

What do they have in common?

I put to you, nothing, but I'm happy for you to connect the dots!

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How we are able to approach him changed.
@St. SteVen wow did you catch that one?

This is why I love being a part of this forum! Every now and then you get clarity (a gem :watching and waiting: ) and here it is.

Let the weight of it SteVen rest on you - but what to do next?

Well, you go into His Word to prove whether its truth. :I know:

Let me take you to Malachi 3:6

For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Do you find it confronting, its in reference to His Severity and not Goodness here? Moving around in your chair a little?

It's really about all His Covenant Promises which He is faithful toward; which feeds into RTL63 comment, isn't it?

Keep in mind, He would never completely destroy Jacob, but would chasten them and finally bless them in the end. I'd like to hear you talk about trials and their purpose in you. (maybe I am a trial? lol)

Maybe you are like Jacob who had a notorious character! If you know the story of Jacob you would know how God chastened him till he submitted to His care and guidance.

In the end, promises are only as good as the Person who makes them, so the fact that Yahweh does not change is the reason we can rely on Him. What's amazing about this is the OT & NT can be reconciled perfectly, if one approaches the text correctly.

F2F

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@St. SteVen wow did you catch that one?

This is why I love being a part of this forum! Every now and then you get clarity (a gem :watching and waiting: ) and here it is.

Let the weight of it SteVen rest on you - but what to do next?

Well, you go into His Word to prove whether its truth. :I know:

Let me take you to Malachi 3:6

For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Do you find it confronting, its in reference to His Severity and not Goodness here? Moving around in your chair a little?

It's really about all His Covenant Promises which He is faithful toward; which feeds into RTL63 comment, isn't it?

Keep in mind, He would never completely destroy Jacob, but would chasten them and finally bless them in the end. I'd like to hear you talk about trials and their purpose in you. (maybe I am a trial? lol)

Maybe you are like Jacob who had a notorious character! If you know the story of Jacob you would know how God chastened him till he submitted to His care and guidance.

In the end, promises are only as good as the Person who makes them, so the fact that Yahweh does not change is the reason we can rely on Him. What's amazing about this is the OT & NT can be reconciled perfectly, if one approaches the text correctly.

F2F
The Lord God doesn’t change but does he change his mind? Some scripture indicates that he does.
Exo 32:14 - So the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people.
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Jer 26:19 - But did King Hezekiah and the people kill him for saying this? No, they turned from their sins and worshiped the LORD. They begged him for mercy. Then the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had pronounced against them. So we are about to do ourselves great harm.”
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Jon 3:10 - When God saw what they had done and how they had put a stop to their evil ways, he changed his mind and did not carry out the destruction he had threatened.
The KJV says repented

Last edited:

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are, or rather weren't any denominations in the bible. Denominations equate to division and division is condemned. The church of the bible should be the goal. The church today should be modeled and structured after the church of the bible. If that's done, the biblical church can be replicated as it was done then when new congregations were established.

It's simple as it should be and as God intended.

Acts 2:38-47 tells you how one is saved by remission of sins verse 38. Verse 41 of Acts 2 says they that gladly received his (Peter's) word were baptized, and about 3000 souls were added. Verse 47 of Acts 2 tells you that the Lord adds you to the church.

So, that's the principle for conversion and being added to the body of Christ which is his church.

If then, those added to the body in any given area congregate together, they then are a local congregation such as they were in Jerusalem. Same today for starting the church at a new locale, i.e., missionary work.

And in Acts 14, you follow Paul's missionary work in Lystra, Antioch, and Liconium, and the scripture says in verse 23 they ordained elders in every church.

Then if you look at 1 Tim 3 it sites the qualifications for bishops (elders) and deacons.

Then if you look at theTitus letter, Paul's instructions to him were to ordain elders in every city, and elders were later referred to as bishops interchangeably.

That's it according to the inspired scriptures. No further organizational structure found in the scriptures, no central church, no overall head over all the churches, no other titles of hierarchy, just those, and ministers, preachers, teachers, with the local bodies head being the Lord.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Lord God doesn’t change but does he change his mind? Some scripture indicates that he does.
Exo 32:14 - So the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people.
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Jer 26:19 - But did King Hezekiah and the people kill him for saying this? No, they turned from their sins and worshiped the LORD. They begged him for mercy. Then the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had pronounced against them. So we are about to do ourselves great harm.”
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Jon 3:10 - When God saw what they had done and how they had put a stop to their evil ways, he changed his mind and did not carry out the destruction he had threatened.
The KJV says repented
Agree, his changing in choices does not relate to Character.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it was replaced by a better covenant but there is no indication that God changed. How we are able to approach him changed.
I was just thinking, while I read your post, the way we change when we are converted.
We are still the same person, but how people are able to approach us has changed.
Are we really the same person, or have we changed? Is God really the same person, or has he changed?
I know the Bible says that God is unchanging, but I think that means he is dependable.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning @RLT63,

A question that comes to my mind, are there Christians or can there be Christians in this denomination?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RLT63,

In general any denomination on earth, is it possible for God to work on individuals in those denominations which they experience a change of life, by the spirit in which they allow God to work on their hearts and mind. They could end up leaving, or perhaps even share the truth of matters with others with-in.

That could be Catholic, Jehovah Witness, LDS, is it possible for people in these denomination to come to the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, and have a change of life to come to faith and to love God and love others?

Jeremiah 31:33
"But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD. I will put My law in their minds and inscribe it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On that note, I'm terminating this relationship.
What if what you fear is true? What would you do if the truth you are afraid of is the reality? Would you still seek Him, or walk away?
F2F