Denominations that teach only they will be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not being funny but it’s The Holy Spirit that enables the truth to be heard , seen and read. None of us we’re able to see the truth without it being revealed. When I first came to faith , and the Holy Spirit had already enabled me to see my need of Jesus and the cross, I thought I was part of a church that was right and other churches were wrong. I didn’t understand about the church being ‘in Christ ‘ ……..
We appear to condemn others and forget that God hasn’t finished with any of us yet ……..

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not being funny but it’s The Holy Spirit that enables the truth to be heard , seen and read. None of us we’re able to see the truth without it being revealed. When I first came to faith , and the Holy Spirit had already enabled me to see my need of Jesus and the cross, I thought I was part of a church that was right and other churches were wrong. I didn’t understand about the church being ‘in Christ ‘ ……..
We appear to condemn others and forget that God hasn’t finished with any of us yet ……..
There are numerous Christian Church “dominations” that are “supposed” to Build upon Christ Jesus IS the Rock of His “INTERNAL” Church.

The differences in “dominations”...

1) Individual Church “rules” / “protocol”....location, service, times, rituals, appointment of head Cleric, dress requirement, money accounting, record keeping, entertainment, water baptism scheduling, local or national members of Organizations of other Like Churches, (use SAME doctrines & rituals) etc.
and
2) Church established “doctrines”...basic mission statements of Broad Belief, more detailed oral, often written, may include scripture and “their counselsinterpretations.

The whole IDEA, is FILL the pews by any imaginable EFFORT.
* Commitments...by individual or Parents promise regarding their children.
* Simply speaking the Word of God...to eager listeners.
* Pacify and Speak what People Want to Hear...
* Elaborate repetitive rituals...
* Elaborate decor...paintings, crystal, stained glass, statues, garments, etc.
* Entertainment...
* Business deals opportunity...
* Texting, napping, listening to ball game...presence seen.
* A gathering of friends to make Dining and Entertainment Plans.
* Separations of male/female...children by ages...teaching classes.
* Did I mention Entertainment?
* Did I mention a Clerics Encouragement to the congregation to READ Scripture and VERIFY what they heard?
* Did I mention getting your understanding of Gods Word from a book?

Matt 21:
[13] And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

2 Tim 2:
[7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

People routinely Church “hop”... knowing what they Do not like, but some have not expressly settled on the Basics of what they Are looking for....as well, some have not established a sense of their own Effort, (should go beyond a couple of hours one day a week).

The Church “hopping” is exhausting and disappointing, IMO, because, Churches are Businesses, and the bottom line of all Businesses is Cash flow.
Sort of rolls back into the circle, Jesus called a den of thieves, making Gods House of Prayer dependent upon money.

Glory to God,
Taken

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some denominations have oddball beliefs that put ordinary people off Christianity, and I'm sure satan is chuckling.
No doubt they feel safety in numbers, but running with the herd won't do them a bit of good if they're all going up the spout..:)
"Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philip 2:12 KJV)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are numerous Christian Church “dominations” that are “supposed” to Build upon Christ Jesus IS the Rock of His “INTERNAL” Church.

The differences in “dominations”...

1) Individual Church “rules” / “protocol”....location, service, times, rituals, appointment of head Cleric, dress requirement, money accounting, record keeping, entertainment, water baptism scheduling, local or national members of Organizations of other Like Churches, (use SAME doctrines & rituals) etc.
and
2) Church established “doctrines”...basic mission statements of Broad Belief, more detailed oral, often written, may include scripture and “their counselsinterpretations.

The whole IDEA, is FILL the pews by any imaginable EFFORT.
* Commitments...by individual or Parents promise regarding their children.
* Simply speaking the Word of God...to eager listeners.
* Pacify and Speak what People Want to Hear...
* Elaborate repetitive rituals...
* Elaborate decor...paintings, crystal, stained glass, statues, garments, etc.
* Entertainment...
* Business deals opportunity...
* Texting, napping, listening to ball game...presence seen.
* A gathering of friends to make Dining and Entertainment Plans.
* Separations of male/female...children by ages...teaching classes.
* Did I mention Entertainment?
* Did I mention a Clerics Encouragement to the congregation to READ Scripture and VERIFY what they heard?
* Did I mention getting your understanding of Gods Word from a book?

Matt 21:
[13] And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

2 Tim 2:
[7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

People routinely Church “hop”... knowing what they Do not like, but some have not expressly settled on the Basics of what they Are looking for....as well, some have not established a sense of their own Effort, (should go beyond a couple of hours one day a week).

The Church “hopping” is exhausting and disappointing, IMO, because, Churches are Businesses, and the bottom line of all Businesses is Cash flow.
Sort of rolls back into the circle, Jesus called a den of thieves, making Gods House of Prayer dependent upon money.

Glory to God,
Taken
I can’t go to Church right now because I have to work on Sundays. I have to study on my own. I listen to sermons on CDs and read the Bible.
I may change shifts in the future so that I can go to Church again

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wouldn't it be funny if it were any other church?

The Denomination-X church holds that the Denomination-Y church is the one true church.

View attachment 29061
Most larger churches teach they are the true church and that salvation comes from following them. Perhaps that's the way they get funding? This is nothing unique.

But that isn't the true church as established in the scriptures. The scriptures shares that they held everything in common and everyone had according to their needs. So they took care of eachother in a loving way.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is also inclusive and exclusive at the same time. All can come to Jesus but only those that Believe on Him will be saved. all those will go to hell.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: Pretty sure SDA's believe only Saturday worshippers will make it. Catholics say Protestants are hell bound, Protestants believe Catholics will burn forever. Islam say's to "kill the infidels, wherever you see them.." Not certain about the Mormons. The born again believe that only them will be saved and since I'm a born again Christian because Jesus said we MUST be born again...I would have to agree. All religions are exclusive, even the liberal ones although passing one today, I saw the sign out front saying "All welcome, Unconditionally" yet, they and their sister church sure did not want me! And good thing, as I would never attend a church that allows and even condones sin.

Reactions: RLT63

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can’t agree. I’ve made the point in several threads now that we are many things, not just one thing.

I’m a worker, father, husband, son, neighbor, worker, tennis player, etc. There is not one correct answer to what I am.
Yes, we have more than one single identity. God loves variety!

• Haha
Reactions: ButterflyJones

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: Pretty sure SDA's believe only Saturday worshippers will make it. Catholics say Protestants are hell bound, Protestants believe Catholics will burn forever. Islam say's to "kill the infidels, wherever you see them.." Not certain about the Mormons. The born again believe that only them will be saved and since I'm a born again Christian because Jesus said we MUST be born again...I would have to agree. All religions are exclusive, even the liberal ones although passing one today, I saw the sign out front saying "All welcome, Unconditionally" yet, they and their sister church sure did not want me! And good thing, as I would never attend a church that allows and even condones sin.
Mormons believe that pretty much everyone will spend eternity happy beyond thier wildest dreams.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw the sign out front saying "All welcome, Unconditionally" yet, they and their sister church sure did not want me! And good thing, as I would never attend a church that allows and even condones sin.
Very provocative post Nancy, personally and theologically.

On a personal level, did you intend to become a church member of these 2 churches and they refused to admit you?

On a theological level, do you believe the use of the term ‘Unconditionally’ means the condoned and allowed sin?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very provocative post Nancy, personally and theologically.

On a personal level, did you intend to become a church member of these 2 churches and they refused to admit you?

On a theological level, do you believe the use of the term ‘Unconditionally’ means the condoned and allowed sin?
Hello Wrangler, and thank you!
On a personal level, yes I was searching for a bible teaching church to become part of.
About two years ago, after leaving a church, 3 plus years there but was never happy there. First off I did not agree with their doctrine of "predestination". I am not a Calvinist. It was a very cold atmosphere, no movement of the Spirit at all. No agape love, the church IMHO was dead.
About two years back, I decided to try a Methodist church (I've never been to one) down the road from me. After the second bible study, I realized the pastor was just fine with people living together outside of marriage, she was just fine with gay people remaining actively gay in that church...so of course, that one was out. Then like a month later, I tried out a Community church. Only to find they are the sister church of the Methodist one! I met one Sunday a couple from the Methodist church I visited, so we said hello, started talking about sin, the husband said, while giving a laugh "Oh, we all have our pet sins"!!!! I excused myself and told them, God bless and have a nice day. They are the ones that told me they were a sister church.
I still was not sure if they believed, and taught like the Methodist one so, I put in a call to the Pastor to meet with him. No answer, so I tried several more times to no adieu. My guess is that that couple went back and said they saw me there and I was probably blackballed from the Community church from the Methodist pastor possibly saying I was a divisor. So, now my church consists of this site, myself and two sisters facetiming twice weekly for bible study, reading, prayer and praise.
The only other churches around me are either CC or Reformed Baptist.... not for me :/

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What NAME one calls themself is NOT Gods requirement to receive His gift of Salvation.
While its true that many denmoniations have led their peoples to destruction .
THIS IS THE TRUTH . THERE BE ONLY ONE NAME WHEREBY ONE MAY BE SAVED . BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST
and make sure its the one in the bible , cause as paul knew another jesus or another gospel WONT BE SAVING SQUAT .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While its true that many denmoniations have led their peoples to destruction .
THIS IS THE TRUTH . THERE BE ONLY ONE NAME WHEREBY ONE MAY BE SAVED . BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST
and make sure its the one in the bible , cause as paul knew another jesus or another gospel WONT BE SAVING SQUAT .
Ancient History -
* Belief IN God; Hebrews first, Tribes of Israel second, Jews third.
* Belief IN Gods Messiah; Hebrews first, Tribes of Israel second, Jews third.

History ~
* Belief IN JESUS is Gods Messiah; Jews first, Tribes (some) second, Gentiles (some) third.

* Denial of Belief IN God; Gentiles first, Tribes (Some) second.

* Denial of Belief IN JESUS is Gods Messiah; Gentiles (some) first, Tribes (some) second, Gentiles (some) third.

History ~
Belief IN JESUS is the Messiah, Jews (some) first, Gentiles (some) second.
Denial IN JESUS is the Messiah, Jews (some) first, Gentiles (some) second.

History CHANGE ~
Jews / Tribes (many) rejecting JESUS is Gods Messiah.
Gentiles (some) accepting God and accepting JESUS is Gods Messiah.

*** Present ~ Individuals, (Jews, all Tribesmen, all Gentiles) … World Wide …
Beliefs IN God, IN Jesus IS Gods Christ Messiah…
* Accepted (by some)
* Tormented with threats and tribulations (OF, BY, THROUGH acts and power of Men), expressly FOR individuals Belief IN God, IN Jesus IS Gods Christ Messiah.

Future ~
A great grand scale revival.
Individuals (Jews, all Tribesmen, Gentiles), will BE WILLING to endure the threats, persecutions, BODILY DEATH at the hands of MEN, FOR the individuals Belief IN God, IN JESUS IS Gods Christ Messiah.

Future ~
ALL (Jews, Tribesmen, Gentiles) Whose BODY DIES “IN Belief IN God, IN JESUS IS Gods Christ Messiah” SHALL BE SOUL saved, SPIRIT quickened and BODILY raised IN a NEW glorious ever living BODY, SOUL, SPIRIT (with God) By, Through, Of the Supreme Power of God.

Some people are choosing THAT ^^^ “transition” NOW, and ARE SECURE in their future FOREVER WITH God….Other individuals, are not yet naturally born, are still hearing the Word of God for the first time, are vacillating, are in Fear of powerful men and persecutions of men, are Making Commitments TO God and Advocating For God, Making Commitments TO Stand Against God and Advocate Against God.

All people can SEE who IS who (not by their word)…but BY their behavior….
So can God!

Glory to God,
Taken

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What bother's me is the broad net that other beliefs necessarily mean one is condemned/damned/can't be saved/not born again or whatever term you want to use. I try to interpret Scripture very narrowly on who it states will not be saved. For Christians, I refer to Romans 10:9. For non-Christians, I refer to Romans 2.
Romans 2 ???
Pretty thin evidence, me thinks. What does creation reveal? Is that enough to save you?