Denominations that teach only they will be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is and has only ever been one true Church; the church which can only be entered through the narrow gate
Yikes! "... and few there be that find it."

A high-stakes game of hide-and-seek with our eternal destiny at risk?
Would God make sport with or souls? Solve the puzzle and you win. Or...

Oh... too bad, you were SO close. Better luck next time.
Oh, wait, there won't be a next time. Ha ha ha... (sinister laugh)

I don't think the broad and narrow gate refer to the afterlife.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty thin evidence, me thinks.
Many times, thin evidence is all we truly have.

As an educated man, I am able to sift through all the evidence with objectivity. Many people suppose once they come to a conclusion, all evidence supports their conclusion. This is simply not the case. Many times there is support for 2 sides of a case. Moreoever, the deciding factor IS pretty thin evidence.

Yet, it is foolish to not reach a conclusion on the grounds that they evidence to support it is not stronger than it is. Said differently, there is nothing to refute Romans 2 as supporting my conclusion. So, in the final analysis "pretty thin" > 0.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yikes! "... and few there be that find it."

A high-stakes game of hide-and-seek with our eternal destiny at risk?
Would God make sport with or souls? Solve the puzzle and you win. Or...

Oh... too bad, you were SO close. Better luck next time.
Oh, wait, there won't be a next time. Ha ha ha... (sinister laugh)

I don't think the broad and narrow gate refer to the afterlife.
Don't you understand that the 'narrow gate' is Jesus - the way , the truth and the life - the way into the Father's family/kingdom.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 7:13-14
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, it is foolish to not reach a conclusion on the grounds that they evidence to support it is not stronger than it is. Said differently, there is nothing to refute Romans 2 as supporting my conclusion. So, in the final analysis "pretty thin" > 0.
Well, if the issue is salvation through believing in Jesus Christ, where is that message in creation, in what God has made?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you understand that the 'narrow gate' is Jesus - the way , the truth and the life - the way into the Father's family/kingdom.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 7:13-14
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Yes, I am familiar.

That still leaves us with a high-stakes game of hide-and-seek with our eternal destiny at risk?
"... and few there be that find it." Yikes!

Is this God's best plan for humankind?
A good father doesn't incinerate his children for not receiving free gifts.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can’t agree. I’ve made the point in several threads now that we are many things, not just one thing.

I’m a worker, father, husband, son, neighbor, worker, tennis player, etc. There is not one correct answer to what I am.
True individual humans have many names, titles, descriptions.

True God has many names, titles, descriptions.

True ONLY by, through, of Christ the Lord Jesus are human mens SOUL saved and the POWER of God is a mans SPIRIT quickened and that man’s BODY sanctified (set apart to be Risen Glorified.

And such a mans NAME, shall be Changed.
A new NAME given him, BY his Heavenly Father, Creator and Maker.

His description IS “Forgiven, Eternally With, Covered, INdwelt, Born Again, Saved, Quickened, Sanctified, Justified, A new Creature Called;
Converted IN Christ the Lord Jesus.

His TITLE is “son of God”; Having been Created natural and Made supernatural IN the Likeness of Christ Jesus.

* Knowing is one thing via hearing Gods Knowledge.
* Trusting Gods Knowledge is another thing that individuals Freely Choose.
* Understanding Gods Knowledge is another thing…a Gift from God unto those who Trust to Commit to God, While they CAN NOT SEE HIM.
* Manifestation is another thing the CONVERTED patiently WAIT to SEE their God as He IS, and their own new glorified Body.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if the issue is salvation through believing in Jesus Christ, where is that message in creation, in what God has made?
Creation is one thing.
Making is another thing.
Body’s are created (from dust of the earth, aka, the elements IN the earth, and are the same elements IN the body, aka, water, potassium, silver, gold, magnesium, tin, etc. and are the same elements a body requires Continuous replenishment to maintain its healthy natural life.)
Created Body’s naturally born alive are given (without request, asking, or choice) their FIRST “Making” by the Power of God…ie A Living Soul, via the Breath of God.

God revealed via His knowledge of a Spiritual “Making” OFFERING to human men, that which for a man TO receive the offering, the individual MUST request, ask, choose, ACCORDING TO GODS ORDER and WAY. (Ie Gods Terms).

How does an individual CHOOSE?
An individual humans CHOICE is effected by, through, of the thoughts of that mans “natural human spirit”.

What is a human mans “natural human spirit”? A human mans “natural human spirit” IS the “TRUE THOUGHTS/BELIEFS IN a mans HEART”….not the mind not his words but expressly the True thoughts/belief in his HEART.

And according to Gods ORDER….it IS expressly the True Thoughts IN a mans Heart (natural spirit), that will determine IF a man shall be saved and quickened (born again).

And according to Gods WAY….it IS ONLY TWO who KNOW FOR SURE a mans TRUE thoughts/beliefs in his Heart (natural spirit)…
* The individual man himself…AND God himself.

* We (humans) may have questionable ideas, thoughts, wonderments about other men, by the others behaviors, deeds, works and words….
** However It IS God Himself who SEARCHES a mans natural (spirit) in his Heart….and SHALL SAVE and QUICKEN whom “He will”, regardless of what human men mindfully, logically, hear, see and believe and conclude about other men.

God is the Final Judge to be WITH or WITHOUT Him FOREVER….of “the Quick (saved) and the Dead (unsaved).

God Bless,
Taken

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been presented to you already. You just dismiss it as thin, pretending "thin" is the same as non-existent.

Can you trust your heart? Ezekiel 36:26 says God gave us a new heart. Who is "us" in the reference? I believe it is everyone, even those referenced in Romans 2.

I wish I had time to write more eloquently on this topic. Let me ask you this. Do you believe Jesus will be the judge on judgment day of everyone or just the saints?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is regarded to be the one true church in the sense of being a faithful remnant.[citation needed]
You want to hear something? The SDA church believes the majority of christians that will be saved are outside of the church.

SDAs believe that they are the remnant church, but that is no guarantee they will be saved. It is just that the Sabbath, state of the dead, and investigative judgement are doctrines encased in the remnant.

One cannot be comfortable in doctrine. God's people are in every church! That is why the cry is given
Rev 18:4 "“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.”

In the endtime, there will be 2 groups : those that love the Lord, and do His will, walking in the light they have, and those who love self and earthly things more.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I am familiar.

That still leaves us with a high-stakes game of hide-and-seek with our eternal destiny at risk?
"... and few there be that find it." Yikes!

Is this God's best plan for humankind?
A good father doesn't incinerate his children for not receiving free gifts.
My destiny is not at risk, neither is that of all born again believers. People need to hear the true gospel so that they too can make the choice to accept Jesus or reject Him.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My destiny is not at risk, neither is that of all born again believers. People need to hear the true gospel so that they too can make the choice to accept Jesus or reject Him.
John knew . And he wrote the truth too .
That ye may KNOW YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE . THIS LIFE IS IN THE SON .
That YE MAY BELEIVE ON HIM . All who deny Him will surely and soorely wail .
BUT lambs KNOW they have eternal life . CAUSE LAMBS KNOW THE ONE WHO GAVE THEM THAT LIFE .
JESUS the GLORIOUS CHRIST . IN HE ALONE and lambs KNOW THIS .
And lambs shall point to no other but TO CHRIST ALONE . now raise those hands and let the KING be praised .

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many have, or will have that opportunity?
Countless billions have not heard, and will not hear.
What is their fate? Incineration?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many have, or will have that opportunity?
Countless billions have not heard, and will not hear.
What is their fate? Incineration?
nope . Most have heard .
To any and to all who did hear the gospel and rejected JESUS as the CHRIST they will be DAMNED .
Now i bet you have heard it . SO why are you offering up this false other hope
and not rather PREACHING the DIRE NECESSITY to BELIEVE ON CHRIST .
Any and all who heard and believed not will be cast alive into the lake of fire .
Now lets get busy reaching folks with the gospel as well .
I know how you all operate . always trying to come in and cloud the minds to support your own view of your own salvation .
Believe me , you wont like what you will hear ON THE DAY OF JESUS CHRIST .
LEST ye repent of it and start preaching the dire necessity to believe on Christ .
Jesus never walked around preaching what you all teach . The apostels never went from town to town
trying to offer up the false hope you all do . THEY ALL PREACHED JESUS CHRIST , THE DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON HIM .
THEY shook the dust off their feet as a testimony unto all who rejected and repented not to beleive on CHRIST .
KNowing full well , IT WILL BE BETTER FOR SODOM than for those who rejected JESUS CHRIST .
BETTER START preaching the TRUE HOPE , THE TRUE SALVATION , THE TRUE GOSPEL OF GOD , or prepare
to hear words on the day of the LORD that no man or any are gonnna want to hear .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you trust your heart? Ezekiel 36:26 says God gave us a new heart. Who is "us" in the reference? I believe it is everyone, even those referenced in Romans 2.
Have to respectably disagree on your assessment.

God Creates every natural man with a “natural heart”.

It is via the thoughts of a mans “natural heart” a man confesses his TRUE belief IN God AND the ONE (Messiah/Christ/) God sent (to Save mankind), who IS called by the Name JESUS, who IS called by the Description WORD of God/ SON of God /QUICKENING SPIRIT, who IS called by the Title Lord/ SAVIOR.

Men can BELIEVE in their MIND.
Men can BELIEVE in their Natural Heart.
Men can CONFESS their Belief (according to their MIND…or according to their Natural Heart).
Men can BELIEVE (according to their MIND…or according to their Natural HEART), YET NOT CONFESS their Belief.

CONFESSION is MADE by a mans WORD, speaking, WHAT he believes, and according to his MIND’s thoughts or his Natural Heart’s thoughts.

Considering Gods “OFFERING” according to Gods “ORDER and WAY”…

* Gods ORDER…was/is:
Hebrews first;
Tribes of Israel second;
Tribe of Judah third;
Remaining Tribes fourth;
Gentiles fifth;
All Tribes of Israel sixth;

Throughout History, individuals; Hebrews, Gentiles, 12 Tribes, Gentiles, have heard, chosen to BELIEVE (or not), chosen to CONFESS (or not), their belief, (Mindfully via mans Logical conclusion or Heartfully via mans True belief).

Gods ORDER is for a man to HEAR (the Word of God) and MINDFULLY choose to CONTINUE HEARING.
Gods ORDER is as the MIND chooses to CONTINUE to HEAR his HEART “softens” to TRULY HEARTFULLY BELIEVE what he HEARS.

Once a man TRULY HEARTFULLY BELIEVES what he HEARS….that man IS “Spiritually PREPARED to CONFESS” his BELIEF.

Gods WAY…is ONCE a man ACTUALLY ACTS on “CONFESSING BELIEF via the thoughts of his Natural Heart, (aka the mans “Natural spirit”….

THAT ACT ^^ of Confession (via the mans word)… IS THAT MAN AGREEING to GIVE his ONLY TRUE Possession … aka; HIS BODILY LIFE, UNTO DEATH, expressly for HIS BELIEF IN the Lord God Almighty.

ALL Men, (Tribes of Israel and Gentiles) individually CHOOSE to Hear, CHOOSE to continue Hearing, CHOOSE to Mindfully Believe, CHOOSE to Heartfully Believe, CHOOSE to Confess their Beliefs….OR NOT.

According to Gods WAY…an individual man CONFESSING his True Heartful BELIEF…
** Likely, Will, Shall BECOME a TARGET (of NON-Believing POWERFUL men).
** Powerful men, being men with POSITION and WEALTH, with the means TO threaten, persecute, establish them as an enemy, attack, war against, in-prison, enslave, eliminate, kill those who STAND AGAINST “THEM”, and rather choose to STAND WITH “GOD.”

IN “THIS” present natural world…
There SHALL always BE a DIVISION of
“US and THEM”. Ie.
US in Standing WITH God, and;
THEM Standing With Powerful men AGAINST God.

A man WITH God, (and God WITH that man) is Determined BY the individual mans HEARTS thoughts.

Can a Natural LIVING man CHANGE his Mind’s Thoughts? YES

Can a Natural LIVING man CHANGE his Heart’s Thoughts? YES.

Can a Bodily (BLOOD LIFE) DEAD man CHANGE his Minds thoughts? No.
His Heart’s thoughts? No.

BLOOD “IS” the life of a human man.
ALL human men MUST die. God requires it.
Human men are OFFERED a WAY, to GIVE their BODILY LIFE (unto DEATH) FOR their Heartful BELIEF, “IN” the Lord God Almighty.

Once “their” (a Heartful CONFESSED BELIEVER) BODY is “ACCOUNTED DEAD”…
THEN … (By the Power of God are “they” GIVEN A NEW HEART.)

THAT IS SPECIFIC, requiring A CONFESSION of Heartful Belief, and by their Word “they” giving their BODY unto Death For “their” Belief.

“THEY” (before Actual physical DEATH), receive their NEW HEART, (Salvation of their soul), and QUICKENING (Birth of their NEW SPIRIT) via the POWER of God WHO is not ONLY “WITH” them….but “IN” them.

And the AWESOME offering of God, IS: any man CAN by his Heartful CONFESSION of his own WORD, become Spiritually ACCOUNTED Bodily Dead, and Receive Salvation of their SOUL, Receive a New Heart (the old natural heart having been Circumcised, cut off, BY the Power of God), Receive Gods SEED in their new Heart, Become Spiritually BORN of the SEED of God, Receive the SPIRIT of Gods TRUTH…IN THEM….And God WHO IS THE POWER that FOREVER KEEPS them WITH God.

THEIR “division” WITH God, is Forever.
After ALL the passage of TIME, God has allotted, for the Hebrews, the Tribes, the Gentiles TO pick and choose their own STANDING (with or without God)….
THE DAY IS Foretold, THE DAY IS coming…
When the DIVIDED with and without God;
SHALL BE SEPARATED.
WITH Him forever OR WITHOUT Him forever.

So, what about the person WHO Heartfully BELIEVES….BUT YET has NOT CONFESSED his Belief with his own Word…(ie; has NOT YET given his BODILY life unto God) ??

* What happens to “his” body when it physically dies?
* What happens to “him” (body, soul, spirit) when the Divided are Separated?

THE CAVEAT….
Remember…TEST everything? Be sure?
The ALL knowing God Himself tests everything FOR sureness.
The ONLY TWO who KNOW the True thoughts of a man’s HEART (ie natural spirit) IS:
The man himself….AND. God.
God SEARCHES a mans HEART…
1) when the man is bodily ALIVE and making a CONFESSION of heartful belief…
BEFORE God gives that man a new heart, saves his soul, and gives HIS SEED to birth that mans new Spiritual spirit.
2) when the man is bodily Physically DEAD, God Searches the mans HEART for his True Belief, and such a man Heartfully in Belief, IS “THEN” soul saved, given Gods SEED and the mans spirit “BORN AGAIN”.

BY, THROUGH, OF Gods OFFERING, ORDER and WAY….some men can BECOME soul saved AND spirit quickened BEFORE physical Bodily DEATH….and some men can BECOME soul saved AND spirit quickened AFTER
physical Bodily DEATH.

And ANY man who REJECTS Heartful BELIEF IN the Lord God ARE DIVIDED and SHALL BE SEPARATED FROM the those WHO ARE QUICKENED (ie Born Again).

WHO ARE the QUICK and the DEAD?
The QUICK are those WITH the Lord God.
The QUICK are those IN the Christ the Lord
The QUICK are those Whom Christ the Lord is IN.
The DEAD are those WITHOUT the Power of God IN them.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: St. SteVen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Jesus will be the judge on judgment day of everyone or just the saints?
Judgements are OPINIONS based on the Knowledge of one positioned to MAKE Judgements.

The Knowledge of man, of Saints, is LIMITED.
The Knowledge of the Lord God is ENDLESS.

Think of the Saints LIKE a “jury”. They hear EVIDENCE, assemble their EVIDENCE, cipher what is True Facts, etc. THEN, as Scripture reveals….”THE BOOKS” are opened.
“THE BOOKS” are Gods Books, Gods EVIDENCE, via which EVERY man “SHALL BE JUDGED”…and WHO shall PRONOUNCE “Judgement AND Sentence”?
The Jury? The Jury pronounces THEIR Judgmental conclusion, TO the Judge, based on their LIMITED “mental” knowledge. Ie GUILTY or NOT GUILTY.
The JUDGE pronounces the Guilty or NOT Guilty Verdict. AND the SENTENCE, (ie CONSEQUENCE, for being guilty or Not guilty).
Lord Jesus Christ IS the JUDGE, WHO pronounces JUDGEMENT “BASED on the EVIDENCE in Gods BOOKS” and pronounces SENTENCE “BASED on the EVIDENCE in Gods BOOKS”.

2 Tim 4:
[1] I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

rev 20:
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Glory to God,
Taken

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Creates every natural man with a “natural heart”.

It is via the thoughts of a mans “natural heart” a man confesses his TRUE belief IN God AND the ONE (Messiah/Christ/) God sent (to Save mankind), who IS called by the Name JESUS, who IS called by the Description WORD of God/ SON of God /QUICKENING SPIRIT, who IS called by the Title Lord/ SAVIOR.

Men can BELIEVE in their MIND.
Men can BELIEVE in their Natural Heart.
Men can CONFESS their Belief (according to their MIND…or according to their Natural Heart).
Men can BELIEVE (according to their MIND…or according to their Natural HEART), YET NOT CONFESS their Belief.

CONFESSION is MADE by a mans WORD, speaking, WHAT he believes, and according to his MIND’s thoughts or his Natural Heart’s thoughts.
That's a very interesting view. I haven't heard that before.
What is the difference between a "natural heart" and the mind?