"Depart from me i never knew you". #1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18
12 What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? 13 And if he finds it, truly, I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine …

14In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you actually read Hebrews 10:26, you'll find that Paul is preaching the Gospel to Christ rejecting Hebrews..
They, these HEBREWS in the epistle entitled "HEBREWS".... are "willfully sinning"= the sin of Christ rejection.
They (Hebrews - unsaved JEWS) are "trodding underfoot the blood of Jesus" and "crucifying Christ afresh".
This is to REJECT their Messiah.
If you have a bible, then put away your commentary that is lying to you Keiw, and turn to ACTS 28....the last 10 verses... and you will AGAIN find PAUL The Apostle and these HEBREWS (Jews) in the same situation.
That is 3 places in the NT where Paul is PREACHING the Gospel to HEBREWS (Jews) and they are "willfully" rejecting Messiah.
This is literally the Unpardonable SIN, being committed., as you find it also in HEBREWS Chapter 6.
In regards to Hebrews 10:26, to "sin willfully" in the Greek carries the idea of deliberate intention that is habitual, which stems from rejecting Christ deliberately. This is continuous action, a matter of practice. Now we don't walk along our daily life and "accidentally" fall into a pit called sin. We exercise our will but, the use of the participle clearly shows a ongoing, willful, habitual action. The unrighteous practice sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21); not the righteous, who are born of God. (1 Corinthians 6:11; 1 John 3:9)

If the word 'sanctified' in Hebrews 10:29 is used to describe saved people who lost their salvation, then we have a contradiction because the writer of Hebrews in verse 10 said "sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all" (Hebrews 10:10) and in verse 14, we read, "perfected for all time those who are sanctified." (Hebrews 10:14) So we clearly read ..WE have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. In Hebrews 10:14, we read - For by one offering He has perfected for all time THOSE who are sanctified. To go from sanctified back to un-sanctified would be in contradiction here.

*NOWHERE in the context does it specifically say the person who "trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant" was "saved" and/or "lost their salvation." The reference to "the blood of the covenant that sanctified him" in verse 29 "on the surface" appears to be referring to a Christian, but this overlooks the fact that the word translated "sanctified" (which is the verb form of the adjective "holy") which means "set apart," and doesn't necessarily refer to salvation.

Strong's Concordance
hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Original Word: ἁγιάζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hagiazó
Phonetic Spelling: (hag-ee-ad'-zo)
Definition: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify
Usage: I make holy, treat as holy, set apart as holy, sanctify, hallow, purify.

*In 1 Corinthians 7:14, Paul uses it to specifically refer to non-Christians who are "sanctified" or "set apart" by their believing spouse (and by this Paul does not mean that they are saved). A non-Christian can be "set apart" from other non-Christians without experiencing salvation as Paul explained. So the word "sanctified" means to be "set apart." If the word "sanctified" simply meant saved, then you would have to say that the seventh day was saved (Genesis 2:3), the tabernacle was saved (Exodus 29:43), Moses saved the people after coming down off the mountain (Exodus 19:14), the priests and the Levites saved themselves (1 Chronicles 15:14), the Father saved the Son (John 10:36), the Son saved Himself (John 17:19) and many other things that do not line up with scripture.

Verse 39 sums it right up. The writer of Hebrews sets up the CONTRAST that makes it clear to me that he was referring to make believers/nominal Christians and not saved people: But WE are not OF THOSE who draw back to perdition, but OF THOSE who believe to the saving of the soul. Those who draw back to perdition do not believe to the saving of the soul and those who believe to the saving of the soul do not draw back to perdition.

So after considering the CONTEXT, that "he was sanctified" should be understood in the sense of someone who had been "set apart" or identified as a professing believer in the community of Hebrew Christians, but later renounces his identification with other believers, by rejecting the "knowledge of the truth" that he had received, and trampling under foot the work and the person of Christ himself. This gives evidence that his identification with the Hebrew Christian community of believers was only superficial and that he was not a genuine believer.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes one may have been washed but if they go back to practicing a sin-like a dog going back to his vomit the bible puts it. They are fallen and will not be saved. Hebrews 10:26--No sacrifice left for any who practice a sin.
Yes i said drug addiction is a part of spiritism.
In regards to 2 Peter 2:20, those who are truly born of God have received a new nature, a divine nature. They have been transformed from pigs and dogs into sheep. The change is more than just cosmetic, as in 2 Peter 2:20. *These cleaned up on the outside dogs and pigs were never sheep.

Compare 2 Peter 1:4 - "partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption - Strongs #5356 that is in the world through lust with 2 Peter 2:20 - with they escaped the pollutions - Strongs #3356 (different Greek word) of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, yet they are again entangled therein, and overcome. *Notice that 2 Peter 2:20 did not mention them being "partakers of the divine nature."

Corruption (Strongs #5356) (to shrivel or wither, spoil , ruin , deprave, corrupt , defile, to destroy by means of corrupting, to spoil as does milk). Corruption - describes decomposition or rotting of an organism and the accompanying stench. The utter depravity of the fallen flesh and the resultant moral decomposition of the world opposed to God is driven by it sinful lusts or evil desires. Internal corruption.

Pollutions/Defilements (Strongs #3393) ("pollutions", "filthy things", "contaminations", "world's filth") describes the state of being tainted or stained by evil and refers to impurity, impure, tainted, defilement, foulness or pollution. Pollutions/Defilement refers to what is on the outside (2 Peter 2:20). But genuine believers have escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (2 Peter 1:4)

Corruption is deeper than pollutions/defilements on the outside: it is decay on the inside.

Having the knowledge of Jesus Christ does not save a person if there is no heart submission to that knowledge. The latter end is worse than the beginning for these men because rejecting this knowledge will make them more accountable at the judgment. Judas Iscariot is a good example of someone who rejected the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and was never saved.

In regards to Hebrews 10:26, see post #42. For if we go on deliberately and willingly sinning after once acquiring the knowledge of the Truth, there is no longer any sacrifice left to atone for [our] sins [no further offering to which to look forward]. (AMPC) 1 John 3:9 - No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, for God’s nature abides in him [His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him]; and he cannot practice sinning because he is born (begotten) of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In regards to Hebrews 10:26, to "sin willfully" in the Greek .

See, the proof that a legalist has never understood the Grace of God, that is the Gift of Salvation, is that they dont believe that JESUS who is Salvation and who IS Eternal life, is Your Salvation., is why you can't "lose your salvation".
This lack of understanding of the Gift of Salvation, which is the Grace of God.... is why Legalists chase and are obsessed with a handful of verses that all legalists twist into their idea of "i can lose my salvation".

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

Im going to create a short series of Threads that will show you what the Heretics use as their "go to verses", regarding how they try to ruin your faith in Christ and keep you in spiritual diapers your entire Christian Life.

Here is the First one...

"depart from me i never knew you".

This verse is used by the religious and water baptized but lost, and nearly every CULT in existence to try to keep you from trusting in the finished work of Christ on the Cross, after you are born again.

Listen carefully.....

If you are born again, then the Devil has lost.
He has LOST the war, regarding his fight to make sure that you died damned and hell bound.
But he has not given up on you, he has only failed to keep you out of heaven.

His next agenda is this. = To cause you to lose faith in Jesus and have you believe that you didnt lose faith in Christ.
That is his clever deception.
He will have you in a broken faith, "fallen from Grace", "In the flesh" "carnally minded" and you will BELIEVE you are not.

How does He do it?
Very simple. He gets you to NOT BELIEVE that God Through Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved.
Now, think for just a second..
Does not even common sense teach you that what SAVES YOU, is what KEEPS YOU SAVED?
How can it not?

Yet, the Devil will have you believing that you have to do it for yourself, and his ministers will endlessly try to convince you that your salvation is all on your back to carry and perhaps lose.
And how do you know if he has deceived you?
= You will believe you can lose your salvation.
See that? That is NO FAITH IN CHRIST TO KEEP YOU SAVED. And that is a mind that is blinded from the Gospel TRUTH. That is a faith that is shifted from faith in CHRIST to faith in Self..... Faith in Works. Faith in Self EFFORT.... Faith in Commandments..... Faith in holding on to anything at all except ONLY Jesus Himself to KEEP YOU SAVED.

So, what do you believe keeps you saved? ????
What ?

Water Baptism?
Mary ?
Confessing Sin?
Church Membership?
Water baptism?
Taking Sacraments and doing Penance?
Trying to do something or not do something? ???
See all that? That is YOU doing something for yourself (self effort) that YOU TRUST, and that is NOT faith in Christ to SAVE YOU and KEEP YOU SAVED.

Let me dial it in for you.
Hear me now...
If what you are trusting in, to keep you saved.....to get you into heaven... did not die on the CROSS = then your faith is broken, misplaced, subverted, and ruined.

Reader......Are you trusting in "holding onto your faith? or trying to "abide" by SELF effort?
Well, did "holding unto your faith, die on the Cross for you"?
Did trying to 'abide" by self effort die on the Cross for you?
THINK.

Did confessing sin and repenting all the time, die on the Cross for you?
If it did, then keep confessing and repenting as that is your SAVIOR.... you believe.

Do you see it yet?

Did water baptism die on the Cross for you?
If it did, then keep believing that that water washed your sin away.

Did, "trying to endure to the end' die on the Cross for you?
If so, have at it till your last breath.

See it?
See what DIDNT die on the Cross for your sin that you are trusting in as if it did?

LISTEN.
God provide only ONE WAY to be saved and stay saved... and JESUS is THE ONLY WAY, and none of that other JUNK. And its all JUNK compared to JESUS. John 14:6
Believe it.

==========================================

Now let me show you the verse....

"depart from me i never knew you."""

Reader......Heretics world wide and universe deep try to NAIL you with this verse, if you are born again. They try to teach and do, that YOU can be that hell bound person, born again.
So, mark the person who teaches you this filthy lie, as they are a Dark Light.
What is that? That is the opposite of a "child of the Light" with "Jesus being the Light of the World".

So that verse..... Its very simple to unchain yourself from it, if some deceiver has you believing that it is you, or could be.

Now notice.... Jesus said.......that you are to depart from Him, (after you die) based on one situation.

1.) "I never KNEW YOU."

See that? "i never KNEW YOU".

Now, are you paying attention?
Listen.
When you are born again.....Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit, come to live in you, as you become "the TEMPLE of the HOLY Spirit".
If you are born again, you become "ONE with God".
If you are born again, you become "seated in heavenly places, in Christ".
If you are born again, you have become a SON/Daughter of God "in Christ".
If you are born again, you become an "heir of God", and a "joint heir with Jesus".
If you are born again, you possess ETERNAL Life, and Jesus is Eternal Life who is in you.
If you are are born again.....you are this... "The righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
If you are born again, you have become... "As JESUS IS, ... so are the born again... IN THIS WORLD"".

Now, i ask you. = Can God, Christ, and Holy Spirit ....live in you, and not Know you?
Can you be "seated in heavenly places, IN CHRIST", and Jesus not know you?
Can you be a heir of God, and a Joint Heir with Christ, and Jesus not know you?
Can you be a SON/Daughter of GOD, and JESUS not know you?

Listen... Can GOD be your Heavenly FATHER, and Jesus say... "I never knew you" after you die?

Do you see it Yet?

So, the next time a DECEIVER tries to subvert your faith by twisting that verse into their LIE, just remember what they are, who they are, and what they are trying to do to you.
Behold, I've been waiting patiently for a rebuttal to my "heretical" response to your claim concerning "I never knew you". So far, no response, so I'll reiterate my "heretical" point:

In Matthew 7:22 KJV, Jesus did not say, "All will say unto Me..." ---- He said, "Many will say unto Me..." which is not "All" - right or wrong? We can't make "Depart from Me..." apply to everyone in the day, then argue - as you do - that the OSAS crowd is exempt from hearing His words to depart, because everyone in that day is not going to be unknown to Him, only "many". There will many - many more, perhaps - who He will have once known full well, but chose to turn from grace and be lost.

If you will not respond, I invite anyone else to point out any error, if any, concerning this false redefining of "many" as "all".

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold, I've been waiting patiently .

You want me to cut and paste my response again so that you can pretend you didnt receive it?
Maybe instead, you can try to be honest.

But i willl do this for you, again.

"depart from me, i never knew you".

"knew you".... this means to have become a Son of God.
Its very specific.
It means to KNOW......this is understood, literally, as "flesh joining flesh"....or, when you become intimate with someone, sexually.....is "to know them".
And example of this, is when the homosexuals in Sodom wanted the 2 Angels to come outside, so that they could "know them".
See that?
That is "flesh joining flesh", they were hoping to enjoy with the 2 angels.
God burned them into black cinder, and you can see this area, in Israel.. Ive been there, as that is where my home is....fella.
This when explained in the Spiritual Realm, as "one with God", means to become a Son of God, or the "Bride of Christ".

See that INTIMACY? = "to KNOW".

Understand?

So, when Jesus told YOU in that verse that He never "KNEW YOU"......this means what i just explained to you.
You are not JOINED To God, as Born again, so, you are not KNOWN.
And those in the verse, were not 'known".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And here’s the evidence that you don’t pay attention to conversations.

@mailmandan is on YOUR SIDE!

LOL!!

Well here is the issue with what he is basically saying..
He says that Christians can't Go on "deliberately sinning".
So, that is actually not the case...
The reality for most believers is that they are confessing sin, till they die.
So, are you trying to believe that these sins are not "deliberate" and willful?
That would be foolish to think... as to try to pretend that sinning is always an ACCIDENT, when in fact its a decision, is the reality.
He is not teaching this reality.... he is teaching that confessing christians are not sinning deliberately, and that is in fact, not true, as they are definitely sinning deliberately, and they confess it later. Often its the same sin, being confessed for many years, and every time they or you do it again, you KNEW IT = deliberately, and WILLFULLY.
So, you missed that, as you usually do.
In the future, read more carefully.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he is teaching that confessing christians are not sinning deliberately, and that is in fact, not true, as they are definitely sinning deliberately, and they confess it later.

I did not know that you and @mailmandan disagreed on this point until it played out here.

But Dan doesn’t believe that you can loose your salvation. You accused him of that.

So you are more extreme in ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED than Dan is. At least Dan tries to put a little holiness into his teaching. But you all out remove it. Interesting…

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I did not know that you and @mailmandan disagreed on this point until it played out here.
But Dan doesn’t believe that you can loose your salvation. You accused him of that.

He's not been accused. You are just confused.
See, there are many believers who think that willful sinning is not what a "real christian" does.
But in fact, all. your sinning you have done, since you were saved, nearly 100%, was a choice.

So when im dealing with this type of point of view....which says that real christians don't willfully sin, then i point out that confessing sin until you die, as most Christians do.......proves that they do in fact willfully sin., as proven by the fact that they are confessing sin for years and years and years.

Paul teaches the same, but because He understands that = because all sin is forgiven by the "one time eternal sacrifice of Christ for SIN">... and the born again are not "under the law", then their carnal deeds he refers to as "works of the flesh".
And Paul teaches that you are not to use your "Liberty in Christ" for an "occasion to the Flesh".

This means......when you understand that God does not charge sin against you, then you can't use that to go and have some carnal fun....yet Christians do this, as proven by the fact that they confess their sin., even tho God does not charge them with it..

Romans 4:8
2 Corinthians 5:19

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A person who believes they can lose their salvation is actually practicing NOT BELIEVING IN JESUS.
If they did, they would not believe they can lose their salvation, as they would TRUST JESUS to keep them saved.

So, this is very offensive to God.
Its to literally SPIT on the Cross, when a person does not believe that Jesus keeps you saved.
You are DENYING CHRIST all the credit due Him alone for SALVATION< and have given it to yourself.
Thats SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS and its incredibly blasphemous.
And when you preach this offensive "self saving" Christ rejection blasphemy in Public, you are literally denying the Cross of Christ.
You are become "anti-Cross", and that is Anti-Christ.
Many do it here on this Forum., and not just this one.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He's not been accused. You are just confused.

You little sneak.

You told @mailmandan that he believed one could loose their salvation! I quoted it in my post #46 where you told Dan:

you are a person who believes you can lose your salvation.”

And then instead of apologizing for YOUR confusion, you edit your post and then have the nerve to call me confused! You are dishonest! But you have nothing to worry about, huh? You are “ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED”

upload_2022-8-24_8-20-25.jpeg

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold you should be thanking me for pointing out your ignorant attack on @mailmandan

You opened your reply to Dan (Post #44) by saying (first sentence):

unless you are a Greek Scholar, and can read and speak "koine Greek" fluently, then plz don't pretend you have any type of Scholastic authority

And I’m only exposing you now because of your sneaky attempt of making me look bad by editing a post I quoted before you erased it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

I dont know Him.
I have no idea if he believes that he can lose His Salvation.
If he does not, then GOD BLESS that understanding so that he can help people like you.
So...
I just responded to His "deliberately sinning" = a Christian Can't.
So, that is not being "sneaky"... that is you misrepresenting what i wrote so that you can post more nonsense.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You little sneak.

You told @mailmandan that he believed one could loose their salvation! I quoted it in my post #46 where you told Dan:
And then instead of apologizing for YOUR confusion, you edit your post and then have the nerve to call me confused! You are dishonest! But you have nothing to worry about, huh? You are “ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED”

What you posted, that is a quote, was talking to LEGALISTS. as 'YOU".
So, read more carefully.

And as i said, i have no idea that he does not believe he can lose His Salvation.
See, there is this interesting type of believer who believes that if you sin willfully, you are not saved.
So, that is the same as saying you can lose your salvation, as they do not seem to understand that all sin, committed by a believer, is a conscious decision, 99% of the time.....as you know.
Later, they confess that willful deed that is often a "Besetting sin" that is habitual.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just responded to His "deliberately sinning" = a Christian Can't.
So, that is not being "sneaky"... that is you misrepresenting what i wrote so that you can post more nonsense.

You edited your post man!

Why are you doubling down on your deception?

You wrote in your response to @mailmandan (Post #44):

unless you are a Greek Scholar, and can read and speak "koine Greek" fluently, then plz don't pretend you have any type of Scholastic authority

You obviously knee-jerked a reply to Dan before reading his post carefully. You then edited your post realizing your error, and only left the things about deliberate sins blah blah blah…

Admit your actions. GOD knows what you did here. But you don’t have to, do you?

ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You edited your post man!

Why are you doubling down on your deception?

I stated no deception.
It was you that posted that this member agrees with me.
I never said they did or didnt.
I only posted regarding their concept of "willful sinning"..
I have no idea if they believe they can lose their salvation., as they didnt respond to my post saying..."oh you misunderstood me".
Are you standing in for them today? Are you their mouthpiece today?
You seem to do that a lot, regarding quite a few people here.
You seem to have this information about them, so you said, but i dont have it, so, i only go by each individual post.
If they do not believe they can lose their salvation, then God bless this knowledge and may they be able to help you with it, as you need the help.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea if they believe they can lose their salvation.

Then tell us why you wrote the following to @mailmandan before you edited your post:

Also explain why you continue to pretend that you have no idea what I’m talking about while calling me “confused”.

Just apologize and we’ll move on.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

I have not said i didnt write that.
I said that YOU told me that He does not believe that he can lose His Salvation.
He's not responded, and i have no idea.......as i noted that he does not believe that a christian willfully sins.
This type of belief is not usually related to a strong defender of "you shall never Perish", Jesus said.(eternal security)
So, if you want to keep speaking for Him, then feel free, as this keeps my Thread on top and that is good for the people here who actually love and study their bible.

When you have time, go and read Acts 28, the last 10 verses = as it can help you with your Hebrews 10 deception that has strangled your faith, ....if you believe what it says that Paul wrote.
That would be something good for you to begin to do.