Devil not immortal

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Purity said:
Got it in one....well almost.

The study of the devil and satan is more to do with working out from the context the adversary and or the false accuser.

Clearly you have Heb 2:14 in mind?

The Devil is a bad Power—always—a seducing, corrupting, opposing, betraying, murdering, lying, oppressing, ensnaring, slandering, falsely accusing, killing, sinning, dragon-serpent Power! These epithets are simply set down from the Word of God as quoted in the foregoing schedule, and they focalise unerringly in one word: Sin.

“The Devil is a scriptural personification of Sin in the flesh, in its several phases of manifestation—subjective, individual, aggregate, social, and political—in history, current experience, and prophecy, after the style of figure which speaks of Wisdom as a Woman, riches as Mammon and the god of this world, Sin as a Master, etc.”

So whats the meaning of Heb. 2:14 ?

Sinful flesh was laid upon Jesus, “that through death, he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil,” or sin in the flesh (Heb. 2:14); for, “for this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil” (1 Jno. 3:8).

Flesh and its works are style "devil"

Is it clear in your mind that sin is the thing referred to by the apostle in the word, devil?

Why?

The sting of the Serpent is its power of destruction. The “sting of death” is the power of death; and that, the apostle says, in one place, “is sin”; and in another, “is the devil.” There are not two powers of death; but one only. Hence, the devil and sin, though different words, represent the same thing. “Sin had the power of death,” and would have retained it, if the man, who was obedient unto death, had not gained the victory over it. But, thanks be to God, the earth is not to be a charnel house for ever; for he that overcame the world in his own person John 16:33 is destined hereafter to “take away the sin of the world,” and to “make all things new” Rev 21:5. Every curse will then cease Rev 22:3, and death be swallowed up in victory; for death shall be no more Rev 21:4.

The works of the devil, or evil one, are the works of sin. Individually, they are “the works of the flesh” exhibited in the lives of sinners; collectively, they are on a larger scale, as displayed in the polities of the world. All the institutions of the kingdom of the adversary are the works which have resulted from the thinking of sinful flesh; though, happily for the saints of God, “the powers that be” are controlled by Him. They cannot do what they please. Though defiant of His truth, and His hypocritical and malignant enemies, He serves Himself of them; and dashes them against one another when the enormity of their crimes, reaching to heaven, demands His terrible rebuke.

Among the works of sin are the numerous diseases which transgression has brought upon the world. The Hebrews, the idiom of whose language is derived from the Mosaic narrative of the origin of things, referred disease to sin under the names of the devil and Satan. Hence, they inquired, “Who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” A woman “bowed together with a spirit of infirmity for eighteen years,” is said to have been “bound of Satan,” or the adversary, for that time; and her restoration to health is termed “loosing her from the bond” Luke 13:10-17.

(I will leave it there for tonight - if you have any questions feel obliged to ask - just not the repetitious kind ;) )
Paul also writes in the same idiom to the disciples at Corinth, commanding them to deliver the incestuous brother “unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh”; that is, inflict disease upon him, that he may be brought to repentance, “that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus” (1 Cor 5:5 ). Thus he was “judged and chastened of the Lord, that he might not be condemned with the world” (1 Cor 11:32). This had the desired effect; for he was overwhelmed with sorrow.

Wherefore, he exhorts the spiritually gifted men of the body to forgive and comfort, or restore him to health, “lest Satan should get an advantage over them” by the offender being reduced to despair: “for,” says the apostle, “we are not ignorant of his devices,” or those of sin in the flesh, which is very deceitful.

Others of the Corinthians were offenders in another way. They were very disorderly in the celebration of the Lord’s Supper, eating and drinking condemnation to themselves. “For this cause,” says he—that is, because they sinned thus—”many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep, ” or are dead.

Many other cases might be adduced from scripture to show the connection between sin and disease; but these are sufficient. If there were no moral evil in the world, there would be no physical evils. Sin and punishment are as cause and effect in the divine economy. God does not willingly afflict, but is long-suffering and kind. If men, however, will work sin, they must lay their account with “the wages of sin,” which is disease, famine, pestilence, the sword, misery, and death.

But let the righteous rejoice that the enemy will not always triumph in the earth. The Son of God was manifested to destroy him and all his works; which, by the power and blessing of the Father, he will assuredly do.

Amen

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Purity said:
Clearly you have Heb 2:14 in mind?
In Heb 2:14 you will see the word "destroyed".

Lets keep to it in tracing what Jesus has accomplished “through death.” Paul, in Rom. 6:6, says: “Our old man is crucified with him that the body of sin might be destroyed.” So in the apostolic definition, in crucifixion Jesus destroyed the body of sin. “For the death that he died, he died unto Sin once; but the life that he liveth, he liveth unto God” (verse 10). “Death no more hath dominion over him” (verse 9). “Our Saviour, Jesus Christ hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light” (2 Tim. 1:10). “Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances” (Eph. 2:15). “Destroyed” and “abolished” in the foregoing are the same verb as is found in Heb. 2:14, and the references show us how Christ has destroyed “the devil.”

“Through death” he has triumphed over Sin and Death.

In other words he has “put away sin by the sacrifice of himself” (Heb. 9:26).

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

Lets see if you will answer this simple question:

From Purity:

From Floyd.
You have quoted Scripture above; but not explained it, by not quoting all.
This was ever Satan's way.
You say Jesus is/was (you change from time to time), a man only; but raised to "Son" status by His obedience; yes?
Scripture says; Jesus was pre-existent, and of the Godhead; who's right, you or the Bible?
Oh. before I forget, would you please answer my other points; which are from your statements and teaching in the last few weeks.
I am sure all the people her would love to see them answered!
Floyd.

PS: only the gullible here would give you any credence after your recent refusals to answer!
My concern is for the damage you will do in your lifetime; especially as you say you are a teacher!

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
In Heb 2:14 you will see the word "destroyed".

Lets keep to it in tracing what Jesus has accomplished “through death.” Paul, in Rom. 6:6, says: “Our old man is crucified with him that the body of sin might be destroyed.” So in the apostolic definition, in crucifixion Jesus destroyed the body of sin. “For the death that he died, he died unto Sin once; but the life that he liveth, he liveth unto God” (verse 10). “Death no more hath dominion over him” (verse 9). “Our Saviour, Jesus Christ hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light” (2 Tim. 1:10). “Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances” (Eph. 2:15). “Destroyed” and “abolished” in the foregoing are the same verb as is found in Heb. 2:14, and the references show us how Christ has destroyed “the devil.”

So the Lust of the flesh and the carnal mind which is in man is the called the devil with in us which causes death.
All in 1st Adam dies because of the Adamic Devil passed on to us by birth, because no clean thing can come from that which corrupted.
Since Adam seed is corrupted so are we ?
So is this why we must be born again to be a new creature to destroy the devil within us ? the old man dies and we are risen in him in baptism HG.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
So the Lust of the flesh and the carnal mind which is in man is the called the devil with in us which causes death.
Yes in Heb 2:14 it is styled the devil and also personified as Paul is want to do.

Look up James 4:7 and take a look at the next verse to see James definition of "false accuser"

All in 1st Adam dies because of the Adamic Devil passed on to us by birth, because no clean thing can come from that which corrupted.
Since Adam seed is corrupted so are we ?
Yes. Good quote from Job!

Corrupting nature is the sole issue isn't it? God is a God of the living not the dead ;)

So is this why we must be born again to be a new creature to destroy the devil within us ? the old man dies and we are risen in him in baptism HG.
If I use the Word "constitution" does the make sense in terms of being placed into Christ? Our lives are hid with Christ by faith...otherwise we still sin, die and corrupt.

P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:snapback.png

Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:snapback.png

Floyd.

Lets see if you will answer this simple question:

From Purity:

From Floyd.

You have quoted Scripture above; but not explained it, by not quoting all.

This was ever Satan's way.

You say Jesus is/was (you change from time to time), a man only; but raised to "Son" status by His obedience; yes?

Scripture says; Jesus was pre-existent, and of the Godhead; who's right, you or the Bible?

Oh. before I forget, would you please answer my other points; which are from your statements and teaching in the last few weeks.

I am sure all the people her would love to see them answered!

Floyd.

PS: only the gullible here would give you any credence after your recent refusals to answer!

My concern is for the damage you will do in your lifetime; especially as you say you are a teacher!

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
some questions Purity

so the tree of knowledge of good and evil was in the mind of Adam and Eve right ?
so their lust of the flesh was act upon by them yielding to it as we also have thoughts or things presented to us
since there is more of us to share corrupt ideas today.
Just because bad ideas enter into our thoughts does not make us a sinner until be break the laws of God.

The Garden of Eden situation of what identities existed really is in important in chapter 3
Knowing their characters:
1.Tree of life
2.Tree of Knowledge of good and evil
3.Adam
4.Eve
5.Serpent
6.God
7.Angels

I have heard that 2,5, are all the same - it came from Adam and Eve.
Is that how you see it ?

since what I have read here you do not believe their is any devils outside of humanity. correct ?

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
some questions Purity

so the tree of knowledge of good and evil was in the mind of Adam and Eve right ?
Good question Gazer.

Good and evil represent the extremes of knowledge and serve as an idiom for completeness, comprehending all within the two opposites.

so their lust of the flesh was act upon by them yielding to it as we also have thoughts or things presented to us since there is more of us to share corrupt ideas today.
Correct
Just because bad ideas enter into our thoughts does not make us a sinner until be break the laws of God.
Correct - dwelling on the thoughts and allowing to conceive will result in sin
The Garden of Eden situation of what identities existed really is in important in chapter 3

Knowing their characters:
1.Tree of life
2.Tree of Knowledge of good and evil
3.Adam
4.Eve
5.Serpent
6.God
7.Angels

I have heard that 2,5, are all the same - it came from Adam and Eve.

Is that how you see it ?

since what I have read here you do not believe their is any devils outside of humanity. correct ?
Correct - devil simply mean false accuser - if I gave false witness to the authorities about something you did not do it could be said that I am being a devil to you.

I didn't understand what you meant by 2, 5 being the same? The tree of K&G&E being the same as the serpent? Need to expand on this question.

P

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Good question Gazer.

Good and evil represent the extremes of knowledge and serve as an idiom for completeness, comprehending all within the two opposites.

CorrectCorrect - dwelling on the thoughts and allowing to conceive will result in sin

Correct - devil simply mean false accuser - if I gave false witness to the authorities about something you did not do it could be said that I am being a devil to you.

I didn't understand what you meant by 2, 5 being the same? The tree of K&G&E being the same as the serpent? Need to expand on this question.

P
I need you to expand on your teaching:

Purity said:

Floyd.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
Good question Gazer.

CorrectCorrect - dwelling on the thoughts and allowing to conceive will result in sin

P
Adam and Eve is the tree , they partook of their own thoughtful friuts.
Adam and Eve flesh desires reason within themselves and that is a serpent spirit within.
I think I got the right on how some others believed on this.

So 2 and 5 would be the same as far as its Adam and Eve.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Bible_Gazer said:
Adam and Eve flesh desires reason within themselves and that is a serpent spirit within.

[SIZE=28pt]Eve and http://www.revelationsmessage.co.uk/Eve and Adam.htmAdam[/SIZE]!

[SIZE=14pt]Discussions take place frequently as to the reason that Satan approached Eve and not Adam, to partake of the fruit of the tree “of the knowledge of good and evil”, Gen. 2:9, 2:17, 3:1-5.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Some say that Eve was more gullible and suggestible than Adam, being a woman, and there may or may not be some truth in that point. Others say that both were equally susceptible and that Satan just happened to meet Eve first, but Satan always acts with purpose![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]We now know that death entered the world because of that act of Eve’s, Gen. 2:17, it is certain that Satan’s tempting of Eve was by design, as Satan’s deceptive ability is on record, Gen. 3:1.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]A further possible reason that Eve was approached, and Adam followed, has been suggested as Adam’s great love of Eve, and has been described as “Adam loving Eve too much”![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]However, when one remembers that the target of Satan was Adam, not Eve; Satan’s plan clearly had a killer punch in its formulation. God had formed man/Adam first, Gen. 2:7, and had given him instructions re the Garden of Eden; Gen. 2:16, and as such was first in God’s order of Creation and responsibility, as Adam, not Eve was answerable to God at that time, Gen. 3:9.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]When one considers the grave responsibility that Adam carried to obey God, Satan knew that a mere appearance, and suggestion by him to Adam to take of the Forbidden Fruit would probably not succeed, and he knew that in all likelihood he would only have one chance with Adam, as he would report Satan’s activity to God in their daily contact/ communion![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]It is shown in Scripture that Satan had held high Office under God at some stage in the past, as a “covering Cherub”, Ezek. 28:13, and the whole of the twenty eighth Chapter, and Isa. 14, confirms his rise and eventual future destruction. His Domain was described as “the holy mountain of God”, Ezek. 28:14. This state continued until “iniquity was found in thee”, 28:15, which emphasises that Satan had choice[/SIZE], which he exercised to challenge Almighty God, in His own Domain, Ezek. 28:2, 6,17, and Isa. 13-14. It is important to note, that Adam and Eve also were given free will, Gen. 2:17
[SIZE=14pt]When attempting to understand what Satan thought he knew would work in his assault on Adam, he clearly had knowledge and or experience, or both to call on, which in his calculated plan against Adam, gave him a high degree of certainty of success.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Here we can use Scripture record in this effort to solve this puzzle of Eden.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Satan’s own Fall from the Grace of Almighty God was due to his freewill choice to challenge God in His own Domain, Ezek. 28:2, and to love his own self,[/SIZE] Ezek. 28:17! That self love replaced his love and duty to God as the “covering cherub”, which position entailed presumably the “covering” of the heavenly beings in the “mountain of God”, Ezek. 28:14!
[SIZE=14pt]When remembering that all heavens created beings (angels etc.), are described in Scripture as male,[/SIZE] the situation in God’s Creation in Eden shows a distinct change in the creation of Eve from Adam! The fact that she was a part of Adam (his rib) Gen. 2:22-25, underlines the statement in Gen. 2:24, shows the legitimacy of the full circle from “rib” to "union", which is called marriage, when under the Ordinance of God; which is man and woman!
[SIZE=14pt]Satan had to break that legitimacy to bring to ruin the perfection of that “Ordinance”! He surmised that to sully the perfect circle of “rib” to "union", which is called (marriage) would achieve the objective. He knew that in his own case, his self love and pride of it[/SIZE], had moved him from love of God to his own fallen state, and as his whole effort was from then on, to unseat God, and he has been given certain freedom to attempt such; it was imperative for him to own Adam, to show the failure of God’s Plan before all heavenly Creation, and therefore his superiority over God! See: [SIZE=14pt]Satan's Motivation: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Satan therefore approached Eve, changed the words that God had given to Adam re. the forbidden fruit to: “ Ye shall not surely die” Gen.3:4, and the trap was set for Adam;[/SIZE] and in so doing he usurped God and Adam, and his efforts have been continual since, and will be until his final demise; Rev. 20:3, and 20:7-10.
[SIZE=14pt]How then was the “trap” set, and why would it have the desired effect for Satan? It is the writers contention that when Eve ate of the “forbidden fruit”, she was changed, in Adam’s perception, that she allured him in a new way, in a sexually attractive way, which was different to that attraction before she ate of the forbidden fruit; and knew for the first time that she was naked Gen. 3:7.[/SIZE] At that stage Adam had not eaten, but was with her, and perceived the change in her; AND LIKED WHAT HE PERCEIVED, and joined Eve in the “forbidden fruit”! Also, Satan was using the God given protective love that a man has for his woman, in an enhanced state that she was then in!
[SIZE=14pt]The key words used in Gen. 3:6 are; good, pleasant, desired, wise; and are based on Satan's lie and promise in 3:5, "that you will be as God", (not gods as AV 1611). He again attempted to use the same lies against our Lord (the second Adam), in Matt. 4:1-10. What he did not of course say, is that they would have the insights listed above, that he has, and had in perfection as "the covering cherub"! Also, he did not say they would be "fallen", as he is; and is then and now attempting to convert all created beings, heavenly and on earth to his plan to unseat God Almighty![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]When Eve ate of the "forbidden Fruit", her perceptions were changed to Satan's perceptions and in 3:6, (lust "pleasant" of the eyes) corrected as per Comp. 3:6, note by Dr. Bullinger. Adam also liked the change he saw in her, to the point of also disobeying God's instruction, probably as per above comment and correction by Dr. Bullinger.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The argument is used against the above, that in Gen. 3:7, that the reference is to both of them. However, it is clear in the narrative that Eve was fallen first, and the time gap was sufficient for Adam to “perceive, and like what he perceived”. Many women object to this interpretation (including a female Bible Teacher of the writers acquaintance), and state that Eve was as important as Adam; which is not disputed, but Adam held the responsibility, and therefore in general terms and God’s eyes, Adam's was/is the failure! Also many women object to the sexual connotation. That is to be expected with the Feminist movements inroads into the female mind and world; the same organisation has lobbied for the male gender reference in the Bible to be changed to female or neuter! The “equality” demanded by vociferous “Feminists”, undermines their Biblical status as child rearers, and as "help meet", to their men, the functions of which are of the most important in the[/SIZE] world! A female U.K. Professor stated recently what has been known by American business women for some time now, “that women cannot have it all”, defined as good work life, and good family life, due to one or the other suffering as a result of lack of attention or closeness. This is especially true where children are concerned.
[SIZE=14pt]The many references to Adam show his responsibility to God; Gen. 2:15-16, 19, 20, 3:8-9, 16-17 and 24. It is interesting to note that Eve is cursed by God, but not Adam. For Adam’s sin of being persuaded by Eve to eat the “Forbidden fruit”, the[/SIZE] ground is cursed; and his is the labour of frustration all his days, which most men will admit. The major point here, is that Adam "listened to the voice of his wife", Gen. 3:17, and ate the forbidden fruit, instead of doing what God had said! That does not mean that Adam should not hear, or listen to his wife! It does mean that he should not obey her when he knew she was wrong! In this he used his free will to disobey God, and obey his wife! This phenomena is now widespread!
[SIZE=14pt]Eve’s curse entails childbirth and rearing, and her husband ruling over her Gen. 3:16, a condition guaranteed to drive many modern women to distraction and rejection of God's Word. However, the condition is confirmed in 1Tim. 2:12 and Eph. 5:22-23. The major difference now to Genesis, is that both Eve and Adam, (all Christian married couples) are seen by God through the Sacrifice of Jesus the Christ, as per Eph. 5:22-23.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Recently a scientist said on a TV program that “men have evolved to enjoy the female body instead of their minds”. That of course is an atheist’s view, and as Christ-ones know, God’s Word is the only source of Truth,[/SIZE] and the truth is that Adam fell for Eve’s body, in a different way to originally ordained, Gen. 1:28, and agreed to eat the “forbidden fruit” because of what he perceived/saw, and liked! Many have said, or alluded, that the “original sin” was sex. That is clearly not so as Gen. 1:28 shows. “Original sin”, is disobedience to God’s instruction, by first Eve, then Adam. Eve was deceived by Satan, Adam was tempted by Eve!
[SIZE=14pt]Satan has used the same formulation, i.e. corrupted sexuality, again since Eden in the form of “fallen angels” mating with “the daughters of men”, Gen. 6:2, and 6:4. See : Nephilim, who were they, and why:[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]This was purposed to stop the promise of God embodied in the promise of Messiah, as shown in Gen. 3:15 coming to fruition, as the “seed of the woman” had to remain unsullied by any other than human seed. See: Nephilim;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The human line from Adam to Mary the mother of Jesus had to be completely unsullied by any attempt of Satan, otherwise the conception of Jesus by the “Holy Spirit” of God, would have been impossible! See: [/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Genealogies of Jesus Christ[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt](Separate study.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Satan is still using perversions of all kinds, (particularly sexual) in all parts of human society to mislead and enslave all who will not see the Truth of God in Christ![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Satan seemed at that early stage of this Creation to have achieved a major victory, but as shown in Gen. 3:15, the struggle had only just begun in this Creation. It was certainly the case that no ordinary human could withstand and resist Satan, but in the wisdom of God, the Gen. 3:15 promise referred only to “the[/SIZE] seed of the woman”, without reference to the Father!
[SIZE=14pt]The ultimate fulfilment of this Promise is shown in the Gospel of Matt. 1: 25, and in Luke 1:26-38. Here, the “seed of the woman” is Mary the espoused of Joseph, and the “Father” is God Almighty in the form of the “Holy Spirit”! The “holy thing” is Jesus of Nazareth, “God Incarnate”[/SIZE], who came to earth, “to save His people from their sins”, initially Israel, but now open to all!
[SIZE=14pt]Jesus came to undo what Satan had corrupted in Eden, when he successfully forced death into the world, via Eve and Adam, and God barred the “tree of life”, Gen. 3:22-24, from them, and all mankind from then on. Jesus, the “second Adam” came that “all who will[/SIZE] may come”, to Jesus the Christ of God, and in believing in Him, may have eternal life. “As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive”, 1 Cor. 15:22.
[SIZE=14pt]In Christ Jesus, the perfect union of man and woman, (the rib to union) is restored, as they as Christ-ones are seen through Jesus the Christ by the Father, as perfect! The reason for that is that they are not married under human rules[/SIZE], but before God Himself! The clear message is that the God given union (marriage) is for a man and a woman, no matter what society and Governments say in the present world situation regarding morals!
[SIZE=14pt]The rib was not taken from Adam to create a man, but to create a woman; Eve![/SIZE]

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you for caring!

Went over you post and you really care, great!

Only a head's up, ie, By taking the leadership into her own hands without warrant the fatal sin was committed.

Old Jack, leaving things in your hands brother Floyd

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Bible_Gazer said:

Of course I believe the tree was a literal tree but your analogy of there being two potential minds in Adam and Even is a Scriptural way of looking at them.

See James 1:8; 4:8

Notice the attributes James brings out of this?

Two minds, Unstable, dirty hands, sinners double minded

From such we are called to purify our minds by the washing from the water of the Word.

When Eve adopted the serpents thinking this gave way to her strong desire to grasp for equality with God (and the angels)

In terms of your understanding on the tree and how that related to Adam and Eve - spot on!

I liken the liken the tree to Divine Wisdom (Pro 3:18), the fruit of the righteous (Pro 11:30), a wholesome tongue (Pro 15:4), and so forth.

They all, being related to the Truth, lead to life eternal (1Pe 1:23-25).

The Tree of Life occupied a place in the "midst of the garden" with the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" (cp. Gen 3:3).

Here were symbolically provided the two choices for mankind: obedience or sin; life or death.

One must remove those man made notions from the Word and surprise it gives light.

God bless.
P.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678 said:
Thank you for caring!

Went over you post and you really care, great!

Only a head's up, ie, By taking the leadership into her own hands without warrant the fatal sin was committed.

Old Jack, leaving things in your hands brother Floyd
The "fatal sin" was Adam's for not stopping her!
This tendency is still prevalent all over the world!
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Floyd said:
The "fatal sin" was Adam's for not stopping her!
This tendency is still prevalent all over the world!
Floyd.
Thank you for your response again!

Hey, you gave it the ol' college try, thank you! Actually the "fatal punishment" (Gen.3:17 sort of punishment) was that Adam submitted to his wife, ie, not the "fatal sin." Having to flatten the ol' Bell curve for you again, still got a C+.

Old Jack hearing 'bells.' Age thing.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Me thinks both are accountable here.......my wife should no better than to rachet up our credit cards and I should be on watch that it doesn't happen.

Thank God I don't have a wife like that :)

And thank God I don't have to live on the eave of our roof :)

And I thank God for you guys.............

Nothing does my heart better than to see men...............talk of their glorious savior.

PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
RANDOR said:
Me thinks both are accountable here.......my wife should no better than to rachet up our credit cards and I should be on watch that it doesn't happen.

Thank God I don't have a wife like that :)

And thank God I don't have to live on the eave of our roof :)

And I thank God for you guys.............

Nothing does my heart better than to see men...............talk of their glorious savior.

PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always appreciate your posts!

Take another look at ITim.2:13, "the woman..."

Old Jack

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Of course I believe the tree was a literal tree but your analogy of there being two potential minds in Adam and Even is a Scriptural way of looking at them.

See James 1:8; 4:8

Notice the attributes James brings out of this?

Two minds, Unstable, dirty hands, sinners double minded

From such we are called to purify our minds by the washing from the water of the Word.

When Eve adopted the serpents thinking this gave way to her strong desire to grasp for equality with God (and the angels)

In terms of your understanding on the tree and how that related to Adam and Eve - spot on!

I liken the liken the tree to Divine Wisdom (Pro 3:18), the fruit of the righteous (Pro 11:30), a wholesome tongue (Pro 15:4), and so forth.

They all, being related to the Truth, lead to life eternal (1Pe 1:23-25).

The Tree of Life occupied a place in the "midst of the garden" with the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" (cp. Gen 3:3).

Here were symbolically provided the two choices for mankind: obedience or sin; life or death.

One must remove those man made notions from the Word and surprise it gives light.

God bless.
P.
The "man made notions" you mention; are yours!!!

[SIZE=20pt]Satan’s Motivation![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]First a few words on Satan himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Scripture says that Satan was the most magnificent being that God created. The word Satan is Hebrew, and means “an adversary, an enemy, an accuser”. He has other names which are related to Greek, and his role in events yet to be. Note that he is a “created” being, not “begotten”, as only Jesus has that designation! Before Satan became the “adversary”, his name was “Lucifer”, which means “Morning star”, and his fall from favour is described in Isaiah 14:12-15.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There is much confusion and myth regarding Satan, starting in the Garden of Eden. He is there in Gen. 3:1, called a “serpent”, from the Hebrew “nachash”, which means “to hiss, mutter, whisper, etc.”, which has been translated subsequently as “serpent”. An allied Chaldean word means “bright”, which chimes with other Scriptural comment describing Satan as having a “glorious appearance”. In Isaiah 6:2-6, the Hebrew word “seraph” is used to describe “heavenly beings” as “burning bright, and elevated”. In Numbers 21:8, “saraph” is “fiery serpent”. The words seraph and nachash are both used in Scripture to describe a serpent and a glorious spirit being. In 2 Cor. 11:3, Paul fears for the Corinthians, that they will be beguiled as Adam and Eve, and refers to the appearance of Satan on that occasion in 2 Cor. 11:14, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]"that he has transformed himself into an angel of light".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]So, when Satan beguiled Eve, he was magnificent to behold, as he saidsurely thou wilt not die”, Gen. 3:4, and he has been saying it ever since, with the consequence that many humans will listen to him, and will go to their destruction! They will listen to Satan, even though they know the difference between good and evil![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In summary of this brief description; Satan was the most beautiful of God’s created creatures. He became enchanted by his own beauty and power, and wanted God’s position Ezek. 28. He is cast from favour, Isaiah 14:12. His name is changed after his rebellion, to Satan, and he is allowed to try to stop trust and faith in God on earth, (Job). This process is still under way, and will not end until the events described in Rev. 20:2![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In conversation with an Orthodox Jew, the information was offered that Orthodox Judaism does not interpret the references to Satan in the Old Testament (Tanach), as is understood by right thinking Christians (Christ-Ones). One has to be reminded here, that “Orthodox Judaismsprang from the Pharisees of Jesus’ day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The Old Testament (OT) shows that Satan has freewill which showed in the Garden of Eden in Genesis, but it is surmised that his existence is much older. Scripture refers to him as the Covering Cherub of an earlier situation, Ezek. 28:14 (in the KJV, the "art" should be translated "wast"), hence the supposition that Satan in his earlier pre-rebellious mode was an appointed trustee by Almighty God which he reneged against. The fact that Satan tried successfully to pervert the Words of God to Eve and Adam re the “the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil”, cuts no ice with Pharisaic Jews, and they merely say that all Satan was/is an Angel of God, and only a “servant” subject to God’s commands, without freewill![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]That clearly cannot be, as Satan quickly showed himself to be against God in the Garden of Eden. There clearly is great purpose in the forbearance of Almighty God in allowing Satan's constant rebellion and perversion of people and angels, as witnessed in Revelation. However, the outworking of Satan's rebellion has yet to be dealt with pen-ultimately at the beginning of the Millennial Reign of Christ/Jehovah on earth, and finally at the end of the Millennial Reign Rev. 20:10.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The references to Satan’s many attempts in Scripture to pervert God’s Words can be examined by anybody, so space will not be used here for such.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The remarkable thing to notice in all the events where Satan is involved is the fact that he always wanted/wants to deliberately change the meaning of the Words that God has given! Why would he do that? Well the answer quite simply is that to do so contravenes the Will of Almighty God! Why would Satan want to contravene God’s Will? To thwart His Plans! Why would Satan want to thwart God’s Plans? Because, if he was successful he would conquer God on God’s own Territory, which is His Love, His Word, His Promises, and His Fidelity to all His pronouncements in Scripture; and His Holy Being![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Here we have the core of the matter! God has in the past made firm promises to mankind, starting in Genesis 3:15, (which through the Roman Church, Satan has tried to attribute to Mary, instead of Jesus).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What then is the plan of Satan?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Satan's strategy is:-[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]1) To obtain the knowledge of Creation (Jer. 31:35-37,) (this has been sought avidly by science since approx. AD 1850.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2) To destroy the earth by degradation of all means. (This has accelerated since the start of the Industrial Revolution.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]3) To destroy Israel. (This has increased in intensity since the 2nd world war.)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]4) To destroy faith in God/ Christ. (Satan is permitted to do his best/worst, to kill or prevent belief, faith, or love in Christ!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]1) Satan has been trying to obtain the knowledge of Creation from the beginning, and is behind the work of Darwin and others to this purpose. He will not admit defeat, and will persevere in this up to the “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Day of the Lord[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]”.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2) The attempts to degrade the earth’s environment has accelerated since the Industrial Revolution in the UK, and is a strong sign of the times we are living in, accelerating towards the “[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Day of The Lord[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]”.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]3) This effort of Satan has been underway since Abram. As the promises were made by Jehovah God to His people, Satan’s efforts have increased, as was evidenced by the 2ndWorld War. The fact that the religious life of Israel is dominated by Pharisees, the same group that denied and organized Christ’s crucifixion via the Romans, does not help their situation, nor their denial of Satan as a powerful entity against God, and themselves! Satan’s purpose is to eliminate Israel, so that he can negate God’s promises to the Patriarchs! God has stated categorically that Israel will always exist, and Satan is extremely active in trying to thwart that Promise! Israel, since becoming a Nation again in 1948, are probably close to the OT promised culminations, but unfortunately, have yet to suffer more.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]They have yet to experience a false leader and situation, which will thankfully be short lived! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]4) Satan’s current major thrust is to try to destroy the message of God in Christ. Since the Reformation in the 16th century he has lost his grip on the Word of God through the Roman Church, (although it has crept back to quite a large degree). He has quite successfully transferred corruption and confusion to many Protestant groups, to the extent that many people are held under one form of bondage or another! How has he done this? Quite simply by the same methods he used in the Roman case. He has used the minds of men to distort the Words of God, especially in Christ Jesus. The reformation ethos of re-examining the basic Principles of Doctrine were/are fertile ground for him![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Many new Groups and Sects that have proliferated since the Reformation have proved fertile ground for the wiles of Satan, and the confusion of mankind. More than one good man has said that Satan’s best recruiting ground is in the Pulpit, not in the fleshpots of the world! At the present, it is these people that Satan wants to add to his list of converts, which at present includes 1/3 of all heavens angels![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]How then to be sure of being in the Truth of God in Christ, and not be beguiled by Satan’s lies and subtlety?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]One of the most profound Truths of Jesus, is that He makes us free! The many and varied “rules” and complex “interpretations” of Satan’s preachers and teachers are so formulated, that even they can’t explain with clarity what they are talking about! Any person can go to the Bible, and prayerfully ask for understanding, for the love of God in Christ to be theirs! Any teacher that puts conditions on this, is not in Truth![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Any teacher or Group that states that the Israel of the Old Testament has not got a future, and have been disowned by Jehovah God and are replaced by the “Church”, are not telling the truth, and should be ignored. This teaching is sometimes linked to that of “Election”, and states that we have no choice in the matter of Salvation, only those “selected by God” are “Elect” and “Foreknown”. For more on this subject see: [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]Is Our Freewill Of Value Or Is Everything Predestined?[/SIZE] [SIZE=13.5pt](Separate study)[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Calvinist "Works" Teaching[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] (Separate study)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Any teacher or Group that try to use words to bamboozle the seeker, and any form of threat or insult, should be ignored; and the seeker can rest assured in the simple message of Christ Jesus, that all who believe in Him will have eternal life (John 3:16)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]By these methods, the seeker will find peace and Salvation in Jesus the Christ of Almighty God; and by reading the Bible, as a friend, will come to know more of the Mind of Christ/God![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]There is no doubt that our Lord is the most gentle Saviour, but Christ (The Anointed of Jehovah) has to deal with the evil of which most of us are unaware, and in the timing of Jehovah (Rev. 6,) that dealing leading to the ultimate conquering of Satan is underway. In that context, Satan expected the victory when Christ died on the accursed tree, but instead Christ gained victory over death, and became the first fruit of propitiation (the saved) to the Father, (Jehovah God). So Satan’s plans and motivations will come to nothing eventually![/SIZE]

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
into an angel of light
A case in point!

Dear readers. Surely you all here are not so naïve to assume the notion of a supernatural monster is not found in 2 Cor 11:14?

If you have not read Pauls letter to the Brothers and Sister at Corinth here is the context plain and clear.

2Co 3:1; 2Co 10:2-3, 2Co 10:10, 2Co 10:12, 2Co 10:17-18; 2Co 11:3-4, 2Co 11:18-23

Who is the adversary (satan) in 2 Cor 11?

Who gets the prize for a correct answer ;) ?????