Did God Need Jesus' Sacrifice to Make You Acceptable to Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, for God. It is impossible for you to be found acceptable to Him without the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. To even suggest that God could have found us acceptable another way is appalling to me.

Again, the verses I gave prove it. (Rom. 3:26) (Eph. 1:4) (Rom. 4:7-8)

The opening post is not just heretical, it is blasphemous towards God. Most especially towards God the Father. The sacrifice of the Son was the Fathers will. It was His plan from the beginning. (Eph. 1:3-4) The Son was willing and obedient to the Father. (John 17:4) To indicate, as the opening post does, that God could have done it another way is to make light of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. And, not to just make light of His sacrifice, but it places God the Father in the position of being guilty of the torture and murder of His Son. For the opening post says He didn't have to do it. So if He didn't 'have' to do it, and did it...how cruel would that be?

And, such a statement in the opening post shows no understanding of the Person of God the Father. The Son gave His life. The Father gave the Son. Does any here believe that the Father did not love the Son? Does any here believe that the Father didn't feel the heartbreak of giving the Son for us? The Son felt the torturous pain of separation from the Father while on the Cross. (Matt. 27:46) He cried out, "why hast thou forsaken me?" Is there anyone here who believes that they could here such a cry from their child and not be broken inside? The Father felt the pain of His Gift to us. He felt the loss as His Son was dying on the Cross, yet He did not spare Him. (Rom. 8:32) To even entertain such a thought as that there was another way is to know nothing of God.

Stranger
Most things are appalling to you . and make you sick etc. No surprises there then. Heritcal as far as you can see. I get that. Blasphemous in your understanding I get that to. Its not cruel. It pleased God. God was cheering when He was being beaten. God was so happy and wanted to make sure He paid the full measure. Hit Him again God was saying. when You get this you will get a lot of other things that come along with being very exceptable with God. See people make posts like these and so many are clueless and trotally miss every thing. Some get it some are just getting it. your making a big deal out of what is a fact. Show me where some things are impossible to God. You cant or you would have. But your gonna try anyway. And until you really understand our value to God you wont get this.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most things are appalling to you . and make you sick etc. No surprises there then. Heritcal as far as you can see. I get that. Blasphemous in your understanding I get that to. Its not cruel. It pleased God. God was cheering when He was being beaten. God was so happy and wanted to make sure He paid the full measure. Hit Him again God was saying. when You get this you will get a lot of other things that come along with being very exceptable with God. See people make posts like these and so many are clueless and trotally miss every thing. Some get it some are just getting it. your making a big deal out of what is a fact. Show me where some things are impossible to God. You cant or you would have. But your gonna try anyway. And until you really understand our value to God you wont get this.

What a perverted view.

I have given Scripture to show you that it is impossible for you to be found acceptable to God without the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. To which you do not answer. So, how about it?

Stranger

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can God make two jesus's Yes/ Can God make two of you . Yes Can God make another clean version of you yes. Is any thing impossible for God No, Stop all getting to heavy in this. Stop and just think. And stop jumping in feet first

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What a perverted view.

I have given Scripture to show you that it is impossible for you to be found acceptable to God without the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. To which you do not answer. So, how about it?

Stranger
Boring

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why is it boring? I have showed you where it is impossible for God to accept anyone without the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. If you can prove other wise, then do it. Just saying 'boring' proves nothing but your inadequacy.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, for God. It is impossible for you to be found acceptable to Him without the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. To even suggest that God could have found us acceptable another way is appalling to me.

Again, the verses I gave prove it. (Rom. 3:26) (Eph. 1:4) (Rom. 4:7-8)

The opening post is not just heretical, it is blasphemous towards God. Most especially towards God the Father. The sacrifice of the Son was the Fathers will. It was His plan from the beginning. (Eph. 1:3-4) The Son was willing and obedient to the Father. (John 17:4) To indicate, as the opening post does, that God could have done it another way is to make light of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. And, not to just make light of His sacrifice, but it places God the Father in the position of being guilty of the torture and murder of His Son. For the opening post says He didn't have to do it. So if He didn't 'have' to do it, and did it...how cruel would that be?

And, such a statement in the opening post shows no understanding of the Person of God the Father. The Son gave His life. The Father gave the Son. Does any here believe that the Father did not love the Son? Does any here believe that the Father didn't feel the heartbreak of giving the Son for us? The Son felt the torturous pain of separation from the Father while on the Cross. (Matt. 27:46) He cried out, "why hast thou forsaken me?" Is there anyone here who believes that they could here such a cry from their child and not be broken inside? The Father felt the pain of His Gift to us. He felt the loss as His Son was dying on the Cross, yet He did not spare Him. (Rom. 8:32) To even entertain such a thought as that there was another way is to know nothing of God.

Stranger
That is a big AMEN

Reactions: pia

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a little confused here, sorry...
You do get that it is of/from Love not fear, right ?...Love destroys ALL fear.....
Hi pia, I was referring to a poster's sentence...I'm not sure what the 'it' is you're referring to.
(God being only Pure Eternal Love, that is.)
The rest in your post ..your 'talkin' to the choir'. :]
I believe everything most people do about Jesus.(Resurrected, wine to water, son of God,etc.)
Just the one thing... that our Father 'needed'
a blood sacrifice, as if he prescribed to savagery to reconcile us to Him.
So, in other words, it's more about not interpreting the Garden story as many do...
If someone took issue with my beliefs it would be more about the stories making our
Holy Father Creator into a mean, blood thirsty, wrathful 'brat', basically.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
People can love, adore, follow, respect Jesus knowing he lived for us, rather than died
as a sacrificial lamb to appease our Father, ya know....as the culture and time believed and actually needed in order to open to an atonement/reconciliation.
sweet
I made a statement ...so what?...that is where I am at now.
me too. It is just an understanding of "No Son of Man may die for another's sin," a recognition of Jesus as a scapegoat, a way to express "He is risen." might sound blasphemous on its face, but if Christ is alive, then there is obviously a sense in which He is not dead, ergo has not died. It is us, our selves, that needs to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Does God love evil?
no
if you know your doing evil and continue in doing it does God still love you?
yes. Not only implied but directly stated, several places, right, for God so loved the world, while we were yet sinners, etc
In the book I read God advises us to be perfect.... To turn from doing evil.....The spirit has advised us to walk even as Christ walked. If these verses don't hold the meaning they imply then why are they there?
these are a different subject than "does God love sinners" imo. Christ provided a path, that must be followed to be with God; as distinct from "Jesus died for my sins."
The bottom line always seems to come around to our intent that dictates how God deals with us.
i agree, it is the intent that matters. If you seek escape from hell, your intent is not the same as someone seeking life, more abundantly. But no one lives in a vacuum, and most everyone's priorities change as they mature. i initially came to Jesus from fear of hell myself; it is pretty much ubiquitous i guess?

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How does sin still exist if sin is the breaking of a law of God?
well imo "sin" is a pretty poorly defined word anyway, but i agree it obv still exists. My chief observation here is that "be ye perfect" has been forwarded as an Absolute Truth in other arguments, whereas you have made clear imo that it is not. Iow an ideal does not really qualify as an absolute truth.

i think sin exists so that grace may abound, which doesn't seem like much of an answer, i know, but it has mostly to do with forgiveness i guess. No sin, no grace, at least in a sense. Of course we are still learning this, we mostly all apply the law to sin, right? Or to put that in a way that will not be very comfortable for most ppl i guess, if someone steals your coat, you call the cops, right?

so then, how does the grace of God exist if sin is still dealt with by the law?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And if you died "where you're at now", you would die in your sins and be held accountable for every one of them because of your unbelief.

It's that simple.

i disagree, it is not that simple--even if it is true enough, the end part there anyway--because you have not demonstrated her sin. The formula is first "go to your brother and tell them." What sin of hers are you stating that she is committing upon you, that you desire remediation from? What is your complaint iow?

do you know that she has not apologized and rebounded from every previous declaration against her? i don't think you do. So whereas you might be--no, can be--accused of judging now, unless you know of a prior sin that was not acknowledged, how can you say "you will die in your sins?"

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For our "Passover Lamb" has been slain ... that which you quote above even points to that. Where was the blood of the passover applied, what does that correlate unto? What did the blood of the passover do / provide?

Although I can properly define that the purpose of the blood was to be a sign and to some degree I grasp some of the depth of its symbolism, the spirit leaves me empty of thought when I attempt to write further about it. I believe that is my cue to let another continue to detail its depth.

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
11 He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied: by His knowledge shall my Righteous Servant justify many; for He shall bear their iniquities."
yes, parents bear the iniquities of their children, but this is not a license to sin, right. Mess up enough as a young adult in mom's basement, and you get kicked out, regardless of how much mom still loves you

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Besides I know He did, because He told me so Himself. Its teh reason why I am still here, and not hanging off a rope somewhere.
so then that understanding is what benefits you for now/then, and nothing wrong with that ok, but understand the very real perspective of needing to follow Christ and die to self, which is different from crying LordLord and expecting the "it is finished" Guy to bodily return and take us to a Party in the Sky because He is not quite finished after all. Jesus can be worshipped as an idol iow, and this is very prevalent

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
To even suggest that God could have found us acceptable another way is appalling to me.
see, Stranger believes it--should tell you all you need to know imo. No offense there bro, but the power of Christ compels you already, lol. God so loved the world. While we were yet sinners. I know this ruins your judgement fantasy, but there it is in black and white, if you will not absorb the lesson through your children, because it is the same lesson.
To even entertain such a thought as that there was another way is to know nothing of God.
to even entertain the thought that you could worship Jesus like a Snake on a Pole, and decline to actually die and follow, is the mistake imo. And you paid a lot of money to acquire this belief too, huh, they're still tryna sell it on every other corner in the hood, it has been monetized now iow.

So iow the fact that Jesus paid taxes is even being ignored, and the obvious implications of conflict of interests in not paying are ignored along with it

if i am correct in all this, and you detect no error here, then just don't reply! :D

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For our "Passover Lamb" has been slain ... that which you quote above even points to that. Where was the blood of the passover applied, what does that correlate unto? What did the blood of the passover do / provide?
Although I can properly define that the purpose of the blood was to be a sign and to some degree I grasp some of the depth of its symbolism, the spirit leaves me empty of thought when I attempt to write further about it. I believe that is my cue to let another continue to detail its depth.
it provided a door, right

but you gotta go thru the door; you can't worship the door, or even just admire the door. Also put as meat/bread; but you have to consume the bread, you can't worship the bread, or store the bread away for tomorrow, or make up pointless doctrines and rituals about the bread

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard_oti

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i disagree, it is not that simple--even if it is true enough, the end part there anyway--because you have not demonstrated her sin. The formula is first "go to your brother and tell them." What sin of hers are you stating that she is committing upon you, that you desire remediation from? What is your complaint iow?

You need to brush up on your scriptures.

do you know that she has not apologized

It's really none of my business what this individual does.