Did people receive the Holy Spirit and speak in tongues? Or did they speak in tongues ....?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know his voice sand it is only in the written word we call scripture. Beyond that if you hear voices you are either crazy, have a vivid imagination, or the devil is speaking.
How can you know the voice of one who doesnt speak, you said yourself God doesnt speak anymore, so according to your very own words, God has nothing to say to you.

D

Dave L

How can you know the voice of one who doesnt speak, you said yourself God doesnt speak anymore, so according to your very own words, God has nothing to say to you.
God speaks through his word. Crazy people hear voices.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God speaks through his word. Crazy people hear voices.
Ye His word is Christ as Jesus put it,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and no it is not Him you are hearing as you said you dont hear voices.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

and so you have no life...

D

Dave L

Ye His word is Christ as Jesus put it,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and no it is not Him you are hearing as you said you dont hear voices.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

and so you have no life...
The word is in scripture alone. Voices in head = crazy.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, if scripture thoroughly furnishes us, it rules out any other means of revelation from God. If you think scripture is true, you'll agree with me.
The scripture contains all we need, but it does not contain the understanding or interpretation which comes from the gift of God in and by the Holy Spirit in each of us. Because people who have that gift too often quench that gift, we have 40,000 denominations calling themselves Christian based on the same Bible even though on many points are diametrically opposed to one another. Their diversity is due to delusion in part. Only when a person admits his own ignorance and his own errors [without knowing precisely what they are] does it become possible for the Holy Spirit to lead him to correction as per God.

Reactions: Waiting on him